Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

...and now, after careful editing, Part 4 is now split up into 5 mini-parts, including the already posted Part 4.1. This is because Part 4.4 was waaay too long, so I split it up. It just shows how long and epic this part is!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Good work, did you...animated it?
    No its just a standard image a friend of mine helped me create. I did a drawing for what I wanted and he replicated the drawing into what you see now. But I'm really happy you like the XAF

Also I hope you guys liked the idea of having the music in the background and should I do it again in my future instalments? To me it helps create an immersive atmosphere as you read
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 7th June 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I did it for Fort Gale, and I'm doing it for Part 4: Omega Harbour, so why not? If it helps in the experience of the fanfic, then go for it!

Also, I should clarify that all 5 parts of Part 4: Omega Harbour take place on the same day, as it's the one race.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 9th June 2014 at 09:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hold on, Warp engine?
    Why would you need faster-than-light travel in an AG racing vehicle? If anything, doing that is a bad idea; it could take out a huge chunk of the planet upon activation, sending it into an isolated pocket of spacetime as the rest of space moved around it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I think you're right, but anyway, Van-Über used blck holes as a weapon

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Taking Snake's description of it and taking the words he used for a certain meaning, I've found an interesting way to implement the warp drive into my story, but that won't come into play until Part 4.4.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Is it ok if I write some out-of-story desibtions and profiles about my characters, Jennter and ships?

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Hold on, Warp engine?
    Why would you need faster-than-light travel in an AG racing vehicle?
    Sorry I caused some confusion here, let me explain.

The warp engine DOES NOT ALLOW FASTER THAN LIGHT TRAVEL. I was just being lazy for when I wanted to keep the CEFND secret until a future instalment so I called it a warp engine.

So the warp is just fancy, the actual CEFND (Complete External Force Nullification Device) only negates the affects of external forces such as air resistance and was designed to be implemented to the XAF-72 Wyvern which is NOT a AG racing vehicle. My team is designing space age aircraft to move on from AG technology in my fan fic

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

So it doesn't allow for visual camoflauge as you mentioned earlier?

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Oh it does, any form of force or energy is rendered obsolete by this device so:
    No air resistance
    Cannot overheat engines
    Absorb light for optical camouflage (invisibility)
    Enhances lift for vehicle
    Better fuel efficiency
    and more but I can't be bothered labelling more now haha

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

YES! It does exactly what I thought it does!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'm sorry for posting no new parts, as you can see I'm way behind you...
    However, I updated my last part, it gives a hint to what happened to the European Union, why there is a European Federation (as a state), the new rise of fashismn in Europe and what happened in the 2030s and so on...maybe my planned future is even more dark than that of Ace^^
    But if you don't like this scenario, I could cancel it.
    Last edited by Jonny; 13th June 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    maybe my planned future is even more dark than that of Ace^^
    Well damn.

The referenced album title of part 4.1 was "Before the Storm" by Darude. But anywho, you're expecting it, so here you go!

[Part 4.2] The Sound of Ωmega

<22091128>
    Tuesday, November 28th, 2209

Omega Harbour, Perth, Australia

"3, 2, 1... GO!"
    <20:00:00_>
    <omega harbour: white run_>
    <phantom class_>
    <lap 01_>
    <electron | nero_>

Both Angelus and Crinale took off with such a high acceleration off the grid, They almost instantly pulled away from the rest of the racers. Angel and Devil were that good. However, due to Angelus' extremely high top speed, it pulled ahead of Crinale.

Back at the Angelus pits, Matthew Cerulean, a technician, was looking at the data that the KA-AGR1 was sending back.

"That... is impossible! How could that have even happened?! What the heck, man?!"

"What's up?" Tarah asked, noticing him kinda freaking out.

"According to the data our ship sent back, upon takeoff, Angelus maxed out with a power output of 110%! It's impossible because the ship should max out at 100. It just produced 1.1 times the amount of power the engine usually puts out!"

"Was it originally limited in any way?"

"Well, no. At least, I don't think. I'll try and figure this out with the others, see what they come up with."

"OK, great. Just keep an eye on the data feed, we need to be sure to inform Angel if anything goes wrong."

"Sure thing, will do... Ah, crap, no, no, NO!" He started freaking out again.

"Woah, what now?!" Tarah asked, making an attempt to run back, but spraining her leg instead. Again.

"I've received data regarding the takeoff for Crinale. They maxed out at 128% power! I guess that's how they were able to keep up with us."

"That just proves that they are extremely talented racers."

"I guess. Let's just continue doing our thing."

"Agreed."

Several hundred meters down the straight, Angelus and Crinale were battling it out, each attempting to get ahead of the other. At the start of the first corner, Angelus pulled in front of Crinale, taking a line as close to the inside wall as possible, then pulled to the outside as the turn ended. The two ships then sideshifted, preparing for the next two corners, a right-hand U turn, then a sharp 90° left hander.

The U-turn was executed perfectly, but the right hander was fast approaching. Angel sideshifted to the right, then pulled open the left airbrake just as it started to shift to the right. The resulting manoeuvre pulled the craft sideways, facing the left. The result of this was a kind of drift that minimized speed loss, allowing the ship to flow through the corner at a speed far greater that than if it turned normally.

Through another smooth right hand U-turn and the following straight, Angel picked up a Laser Cannon, which he emptied his entire 50 rounds on Devil, who responded with some missiles. Angel recovered instantly by entering the secret menu and adjusting the thruster's power levels, as he had done at the start of the race. At the end of the slightly curved straight, there was a tight hairpin, which Crinale navigated through perfectly, as did Angel, though with some difficulty. A left-hand right angled corner and another hairpin later, there was a few other high speed corners to fly through. Devil was not really paying attention to the elimination of Angel, but was paying attention on getting through the course as fast as possible, something that was really odd considering the team they were racing for and their usual racing style.

The 'Death Spiral' was where the race really got interesting, if it wasn't already interesting enough. Devil picked up a plasma, which they fired instantly, but Angel pulled a few sharper turns and sideshifts to confuse Devil and the slight homing effect of the plasma, which worked, the plasma flew nowhere near where Angel really was. He picked up some mines, which were deployed exactly in the path of the oncoming Crinale ship. As they entered the second spiral, Angel used the drifting manoeuvre, however, this made him more vulnerable to weapons. Nonetheless, he somehow avoided getting hit by missiles, which had been locked onto him.

Through the final spiral and into the tunnel where it passed under the first two spirals, Angel straightened out of the 'drift' at top speed, and was getting ready for the "Omega Complex", a series of corners in the shape of the symbol of Omega. The hairpins turned into sideways mag-strips halfway through, so that the circular turn was now like a horizontal loop. This, however, made navigating the hairpins extremely unstable, and as such, were the most difficult corners in the track.

Angel slowed his craft down, then turned sharply, going off the track for a split second before the mag-strip pulled it back down onto the track. At the other hairpin, Angel took advantage of the unstable nature of the corner, by taking a wide, yet sharp turn into the corner, allowing the craft to move into the inside of the corner, flying up into the air and performing a barrel roll. This speed boost was not enough, as Devil followed, not far behind. Across the line for lap 2, Angel finished the first lap with a time of 1:22.349.

The rest of the race was an epic battle between light and dark, white and black, azure blue and deep purple. It was filled with speed and precision. It was a beautiful act to see, and one could realise why Angelus chose that particular racing style.

Suddenly, the epic battle ended on the final lap, which was a change of pace.

<21:02:47_>
    <omega harbour: white run_>
    <phantom class_>
    <lap 77_>
    <cornish acid | aphex twin_>

"Contender Eliminated." [3rd: Wyvern, Shields=0]
    "Contender Eliminated." [4th: Piranha, Shorted Electrics]
    "Contender Eliminated." [5th: FEISAR, Shorted Electrics]
    "Contender Eliminated." [6th: AG Systems, Shields=0]
    "Contender Eliminated." [7th: Icaras, Shields=0]
    "Contender Eliminated." [8th: EG-X, Shields=0]
    "Contender Eliminated." [9th: Goteki 45, Shorted Electrics]
    "Contender Eliminated." [10th: Assegai, Shorted Electrics]

Eight out of the 16 racers were eliminated, one after the other. Devil had flipped their ship around, a manoeuvre only allowed in Eliminator races. They then proceeded to fire a quake backwards, though it looked odd, being a purple colour with green tinges to the quake, and looking like a cluster of voxels* at the edges. After firing the quake, Devil had immediately flipped back and caught up with Angel, right by the first hairpin. As they neared the 'Death Spiral', Angel's communications system suddenly glitched out, producing a pattern of static blips.

Suddenly, a female's voice came through to Angel's comms system, but it wasn't anyone from Angelus.

"[static]-ahaha! Well, I never realised you were this good, but I have to hand it to you, you are really good at racing. Though, I do know who your true identity, and I know you have that special power of yours, so you should be able to figure this one small thing out... do you know who Devil is? Do you know who I really am?"

Uhh, what was that?

...Devil is... a female?!

*Voxels are basically 3D pixels. Like pixels appear as squares, voxels appear as cubes.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 13th June 2014 at 06:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC5/TJSC5: Lying in Deceit

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 5: Lying in Deceit

Just briefly after Jonathan has been lead outside the Jennter headquarters, Jana followed suit. “Damn it!” he shouted at the entrance doors and threw a fist, but then his shoulders dropped. Then he sunk to the ground.

“What happened…”

Jonathan struggled to understand the course of events that unfolded in front of him. The image of the world that was formed over the years in his head, has just been destroyed.
    Minutes ago everything was as he ever thought it would be. It felt surreal.

Jana squatted next to him, trying to comfort the old man who always appeared sovereign to the world.
    “In my whole life” he uttered “I have never been betrayed like this.”
    Jonathan tried to get up, he looked at the building that has been his home for decades.
    Jana thought this may had been the first time she heard him fighting with tears. No, he already lost this battle.

“It’s not all lost.” Jana whispered “Everybody knows who the man behind this name is.”
    Jonathan tried to ignore her.
    “Plus” she continued “We still can fight back.”
    He didn’t react again, so Jana changed her approach.

“Hey!” she stood up, pushing her arms into her hips and leaned forward to look down to him “Stop acting like it is over! You can cry when we really lost!”
    She grabbed him by his arm “Get up, old man!”
    Trying to avoid any further humiliation, Jonathan pushed her back, calmly stood up and stroked over his clothes.

“You are right.” he said with acted confidence.
    Suddenly his phone vibrated. Jonathan read the message that just appeared. It came from Daniel Fersen, an employee he happened to have personal contact too.

‘Henry is sorting out people he thinks of as too loyal towards you. You don’t happen to have any plans? If there’s a location, tell me. 13.’

Jonathan showed the message to Jana. “You are right, this isn’t over.”
    She smiled “I’m glad to see you up again. So is there a location?”
    He nodded “The old headquarters in Düsseldorf, we used it until the fall happened.”

Jonathan started walking “Let’s go home and pack up.”
    “What about Nico?” Jana asked, following behind him.
    “He’ll likely be following us soon, or can make a good spy.” he explained.

Suddenly Jonathan stopped one more time and turned around to face Jana.
    “Right. Thank you.”
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Final Overture

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Well son of a gun we were eliminated >.< hahaha
    By the way my fan fic is still developing on the event of the XAF being attacked during its demo so my story won't reach the omega harbour race for a little longer yet.
    AWESOME part Ace and nice story development Jonny. Both really good

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I have a generall question to everyone reading this stuff: How does it read, is it fluent or choppy?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Absorb light for optical camouflage (invisibility)
    Light does not work that way. White objects reflect light, black objects absorb light, and glass objects refract light.

If you want something to be invisible, you need light to bend around the object, giving the illusion of it not even being there because the light is neither being absorbed, reflected nor refracted. However, it also means the pilot cannot see because the light waves cannot hit their eyes or the ship's sensors. Plus, even if you could still see where you were going, invisibility is sort of overpowered.

It is sorf of like phase-shifting devices that allow users to pass through solid objects.
    Actress: "Hey, I am having some trouble with scene 23, where I am out-of-phase and can pass my hand through solid matter."
    Producer: "Yeah, exactly, because you're out-of-phase."
    Actress: "...so how come I don't fall through the floor?"
    *Producer and Creative Consultant look at eachother, then back to the actress*
    Creative Consultant: "We'll get back to you on that."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default JRC6/TJSC6: Back to the Roots

Faster Than Angels
    Jennterista Racing Chronicles

The Jennter Succession Conflict

Chapter 6/6: Back to the Roots

2nd November 2209
    Old Jennter Enterprises HQ, Düsseldorf, Germany
    07:56.27

A white resto-modded RX-7 FD3S pulled up on the front yard of an abandoned building.
    Until the end of the F9000 league, Jennter has been located in Düsseldorf, the capital of Jonathan Boviers home state, located at the Rhine river. The headquarter buildings have since then gone into private ownership of the Bovier family, independent of the enterprise.

Three people left the car, Jonathan from the drivers side, Jana from the passengers, with Nico slowly following by squeezing past the front seat.
    “Jeez, if I had anticipated that we would relocate here so soon, I never would have fired the gardener.” the old Bovier initially grumbled.
    He walked towards the locked entrance gate to inspect a small box mounted to the side.
    “This pace looks pretty busted.” Nico noted “You sure this would be helpful for whatever is going on right now?”

Jonathan took a step back and kicked against the box, the front cover falling off in return. His much younger family members were left surprised at the sight of the strength and agility he utilised, despite his age.
    “Odd to think you didn’t just beat Henry up after this stunt he pulled.” was the next comment from Nico.
    Seemingly not paying attention, Jonathan looked into the now open system with his right, bionic eye.

“I thought this was protection enough” he sighed “Who ever would have guessed I’d put an infrared scanner for the chip hidden in that eye I got me, under a dummy security system.”
    “But the gates aren’t moving.” Jana commented, observing the entire scene.
    Once more in a demonstrative spirit, Jonathan began to push one of the gates to the side “Now they are moving, right?”

“Let’s get the car behind the bars before someone notices something.” Jonathan commended his descendants.
    Approximately three minutes later they stood in front of the main entrance to the centre building of the old headquarters
    “I repeat, this place looks busted.” Nico moaned again.
    “It’s better than nothing, I guess.” Jana noted in return.

Jonathan just shook his head while working on opening the door, as he expected, a simple key was required. To another surprising moment, he quickly fished it out of his pocket.
    “Oh, so you did expect to return here eventually?”
    “I previously mentioned a gardener, right?” he snapped back while opening the door.

The main hall has been surprisingly tidy, for the younger Boviers at least.
    To the right has been a long front desk, to the left an open space as a waiting location and the centre had a fountain, that of course has been inactive on this day.
    “Let’s see…” Jonathan whispered and swung himself over the desk.
    Suddenly the lights turned on “Nice, still works.”
    “That one does not work…” Nico sighed while staring at the ceiling.
    Jonathan followed his gaze and shrugged it off with his usual tone “We’ll have to make do.”

“May I ask something?” Jana approached Jonathan a while later.
    Jonathan, busy with tidying up his old office, turned around “What’s it?”
    “So this is the base Jenner used until the Fall, right?” she began asking “But Jennter hasn’t been involved with any of the scandals regarding Overtel, right?”
    “I see where you are getting at.” he sighed “It is true.”
    Last edited by Jonny; 7th May 2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Final Overture

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Light does not work that way. White objects reflect light, black objects absorb light, and glass objects refract light.
    Please bare in mind that this is a fan fiction so reality can be manipulated in a way I want it to. Plus I'm to lazy to go into the nitty-gritty details of how Wyvern's technology actually works cause I'm not confident in my knowledge of physics despite getting a B grade overall in my GCSE

Also Jonny I'm loving your plot development, really getting caught up in your story ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Glad you like it
    I just corrected some spelling mistakes caused by fast tipping.