Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Woah, a future part that is not part of Part 4 gets pretty dark, I won't spoil anymore than that. Are you guys OK with it getting darker than it already is?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

As long as itīs getting brighter later

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Part 4.1:A wyvern soon flies

Its finally the day, after David received the message that the Wyvern CEFND successfully destroyed itself along with one of Crinales racing craft, plans are well under way to test the XAF-72 Wyvern. The entire organisation of Wyvern AR and its fan base collect and merge into a huge crowd outside the hanger eagerly awaiting those doors to open.
    Meanwhile at HQ David scrambles through his office looking for his speech, pressed for time he finally pulls it out from his drawers with a huge sigh of relief. Walks in Sarah.

Sarah "They you are come on we need to do this while its still sunny"
    David "I'm ready, just found my speech"
    Sarah "Well come on then lets go"

Sarah grabs David's hand and races him to the elevator to get him to the mass growing crowd of the Wyvern organisation and the teams fan base. They rush into the elevator and begin their decent. David looks at Sarah as to tell her that she is still holding his hand, she lets go in a embarrassing manner. The elevator bings as they hit the ground floor and walk to the stands. The sun shines bright on the hangar lighting the doors as if some miracle is about to happen. People take their seats as David finally front and centres to the podium, he begins his speech.

"Greetings to everyone here, the Wyvern organisation and our dedicated fans. Today is a special day. If you have been following our data casts then you why you are here today. The XAF is finally ready to take her maiden flight as we begin the era of space age flight has come. I am so happy you have joined me today to witness this advancement in technology. Blood, sweat and tears have been split to create our beauty but I'm sure it was worth the valiant effort of my team of engineers, designers and administrators. I also am proud that our star pilot Falon Dare is taking on the opportunity to fly the Wyvern before you all. Please welcome here today with a round of applause"

Falon enters onto the podium as he is applauded

"Hello people of the Wyvern family, you know who I am. I am so happy to be the one who flies the Wyvern today before you all but I think we should firstly congratulate David here for creating the XAF. But now I think its about time, open the doors!"

The hangar doors slowly open...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

A cliffhanger like that can only mean that something's not going to go according to plan, and that something is hiding behind those hangar doors.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 4: Coup d'Etat

----Faster Than Angels----
    A Mystic Life of Speed

Jennter Enterprises HQ
    Copenhagen, Denmark, European Federation
    23rd October 2209

A normal workday laid ahead of the three Boviers who went to the headquaters in the Danish capital.
    Unlike the traditional headquaters Jennter used before, the relatively new one in Copenhagen was a tall building with a test track that winded around it in a similar fashion like the old track of Sol.
    Nico went to meet with the engineers regarding the craft for 2210, while Jana and Jonathan went to see the chiefs of the respective departments making up Jennter Enterprises.
    Jonathan and Jana sat down at the short side of the table, facing the door.

"Good morning everybody." said Jonathan "As you all know, Jana is going to take over the company step by step-"
    "I do not think so." interrupted him one of the chiefs.
    Henry Assange, Chief of Logistics.
    "What." only came from Jonathan, slightly startled but not taking him serious.
    "You decide to lay the future of this company and thus thousands of work places into the hands of your great-great-whatevergreat-granddaughter." Assange continued "From the 'almighty wise Jonathan Bovier' I'd expect better."
    "Well..." came from Peter Dumbrek "As Chief of Human Ressources, I admit he got a point."

"Well, it is not like I would come to this position right from High School!" threw in Jana "I very well have degrees in Human Management, Economics and Mathematics. And I am just 24!"
    "Degrees don't replace experience." noted Peter in return.
    "They very well support it." argued the young Bovier.

"I-I must admit, it s-seems too risky to give a rookie this position..." stuttered the Chief of Mechanical Engineering, Mark Statham.
    "Mr Bovier seems to decide too much by emotion in this case. I agree." agreed Chief of Public Relations, Susan Flimmister, covering he rlips behind a fist.

"I think, old-ass Bovier should finally go into pension. We will elect a new President of Jennter Enterprises among the rows of ours." Henry threw in with high confidence.
    For reason unknown, he gained a marginally majority in suppport.

"What under all heavens..." whispered Jonathan "No, it can't be!"
    "Go home old man. The future is now!" laughed Henry.

Jonathan grabbed Jana by her arm and left the building enraged "There is no use. But we will strike back. Something is odd." he explained to her.
    "Indeed, I know." she only responded.
    Jonathan didn't expect her to know something more than him, he only got told later as they drove home.

In the end Henry let himself elect the new President of Jennter Enterprises. However, four out of eleven votes went to Jacques Desmond, the Chief of Aerodynamic Research and Development.
    However, said position went into vacancy the next day.
    As Nico heard of the recent developments, he directly resigned from being a pilot and left the building this instant.

"Mark! I am so glad!" said a woman as her husband returned home and fell into his arms.
    "Fiona..." he just said, too happy for any more words "The children?"
    "Thank god they didn't hurt them." he said, seeing them behind his wife.
    But regardless of this, the initial relief was followed by an expression saying 'What now?'
    Last edited by Jonny; 13th May 2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Grand Revision

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Wait, even darker.
    If I woud be, for example Jonny Bovier, I would have this 'unreal' feel. First he lost his beloved company (on a rough way), that he directed over 170 years. Then he got arrested and needs to get violent to break out. And...even darker? I have no good feel
    As log it's nothing tooo apocalyptical... :/

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Great part! I meant it to get only slightly darker, but I'm glad you're okay with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Henry Assange, the mole.
    Oh, I see what you did there!

Is it possible that he is a descendant of Julian Assange?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Oh, I created a easter egg althought I didn't wanted that

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Default Faster Than Angels | Part 4.1

It's Friday, so you know what that means!

First off, the referenced album title of part 3.2 was "Invaders Must Die" by The Prodigy

But now, IT BEGINS...

[Part 4.1] Calm Before the Storm

<22091128>
    Tuesday, November 28th, 2209

Angelus R&D HQ, Perth, Australia

10:01:32

BREAKING NEWS
    "Gareth Ardos, second pilot for Angelus in the FX400 AG Racing League has been admitted to Royal Perth Hospital following a traffic accident. The pilot, aged 34, was found in his car, which had crashed off Mounts Bay Road. His car had shown signs of being forced off the road. Gareth was to participate in the final race of the 2209 season tonight. He is in a stable condition. The police are currently investigating this incident. We urge anyone who witnessed the incident to contact the police."

"Grraaaahh!" Brandon yelled angrily, "This was the work of Crinale, I know it! Now we don't have anyone to race!"

"Wh-why don't you let me race?" Tarah quietly asked, scared by Brandon's sudden outburst.

"I just know they will attack you next, that we don't need. Besides, I have a feeling this will be our toughest race yet."

"So what, we just give up then?! BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO!" She yelled.

Brandon just turned and looked at Tarah. "You think I want to give up? You misunderstand me. I will find a way, trust me."

19:28:23

BREAKING NEWS
    "For the second time today, a pilot from Angelus' AG Racing team has been injured, rendering them unable to race. Tarah Andrews, lead pilot for Angelus in the FX400 AG Racing League has been involved in a car accident. She was lucky to walk from the scene. However, she has sufficient injuries to warrant an inability to race. With just 30 minutes until the final race of the season, it seems Angelus will not be racing tonight."

Hearing the news, Brandon just stood up, flipped the chair he was sitting on out of his way, and stormed out of the room to his office, where he sat down and put his head in his hands.

"No," Brandon said weakly. "First Gareth, now Tarah. Who's next, me?! You've gone too far, Crinale, TOO FAR! I will murder each and every one of you. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!"

This was the first time he broke down and cried under the pressure. Crinale had finally got to him.

It was a good 10 minutes before he calmed down, but it was too late, he was already broken. And pissed. There was only one sane option left that he could think of, and he took it without a moments hesitation, there was not one second to lose...

19:47:51

At night, Omega Harbour looked very beautiful. It was filled with neons running the length of the 12.5km course. Above the start line, in neon there was a large logo of the course, the symbol of Omega, Ω. It was an awesome sight, not that anyone was really paying attention.

Every single team was running about, making final adjustments to just about everything. Except for Crinale, however. They weren't running about, and their ship was the only one sitting at the starting grid. Then suddenly, at 19:50 exactly, the ship's cockpit opened, and an individual stood up. They was wearing a black suit and a full opaque helmet, hiding their face. Their suit was surrounded by orange-yellow neons. Then an angry, computerized voice spoke, which came in the direction of Crinale's racer.

"I WAS KNOWN AS AKUMA NAZO, LEAD PILOT FOR CRINALE. I AM THE GREATEST PILOT IN THE WORLD. HOWEVER, ON THE RACETRACK, I NEVER SHOWED AN IOTA OF MY TRUE POTENTIAL. TONIGHT, HOWEVER, I WILL. TONIGHT, I WILL DESTROY ANGELUS! HENCEFORTH, I SHALL BE KNOWN AS... THE DEVIL_"

Just as they said the name Devil, a set of neons at the side of the ship flickered on and off, then lit up forcefully to form a light series that was never seen before on that craft. It was the number 13. Devil then spoke 5 more words:

"ANGELUS, YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST_"

"Ah, crap! We're so boned." Tarah whined. "Just where is Brandon anyway?"

Just then, she received a text message from Brandon:
    "Tarah, I am unable to attend this race, I'm so sorry. That means, for just this one race, you will be our Acting Team Leader. I have sent a racer, they are the very best we have, but they did not want to be a racer, so I accepted their choices. However, since they are an Angelus employee, they know of the incidents that occurred today, and as such is willing to race tonight. They only require that their identity be a secret. They have called themselves 'Angel'. We're Faster than Angels, we can beat Crinale."

At that moment, a black, modified Angelus Razer.X, Angelus' top of the line AG supercar, raced down the pit lane and came to a sudden stop less than a metre from Tarah. A person in a unique Angelus racing suit jumped out. The only thing different about the suit was that it was black with azure neons, as opposed to white with no neons. The individual was wearing a full, opaque helmet with azure neons, like Crinale's. It also hid the individuals face. The race suit bore the team logo, and the name "Angel" written below it.

"Tarah Andrews, I presume? Did you get the text message?" He spoke. It was clear, by his voice and physique, that it was a man.

"I did," She said "Are you our racer?"

"I am an employee, I do not usually race, however, I have chosen to display my unique skill tonight. Crinale needs to pay for what they've done. Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall get ready, if anyone needs me, I will be on the starting grid"

"OK, as far as we know, you are good to go."

"Excellent." He started to walk to the grid, but was stopped by Crinale's mysterious racer, Devil.

"Crinale, we meet at last. The legendary Akuma Nazo"

Devil paused for a moment, then spoke. "ANGEL... FINALLY. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG TO MEET YOU. I WILL BE KNOWN AS 'THE DEVIL' FOR THIS RACE. HOWEVER, HOW CAN YOU CALL IT 'MEETING' WHEN YOUR FACE IS CONCEALED?_"

It was clear that Angel was unhappy with Crinale. He forcefully stuck out his arm and forefinger, pointing at Devil. As his forefinger stuck out, he loudly spoke: "OBJECTION!"

"Says the one who concealed his voice along with his face!" After that, Devil seemed at a loss for words, then they spoke.

"YOU WILL BE DESTROYED BY MY SKILL, ANGEL. I WILL DESTROY YOU AND THAT ENTIRE FAILURE OF A COMPANY YOU WORK FOR. I HAVE BEATEN YOU ONCE, AND I CAN BEAT YOU AGAIN. THERE IS NOT A MOMENT TO LOSE, LET US RACE, NOW!_"

"You will see what I am capable of, Crinale." Angel said, pushing past Devil. He got into the KA-AGR1, starting it up. The neons turned on, the individual lines of light moving from the front to the back. He then reached under the cockpit and opened a panel, which housed a switch. He flipped the switch.

One area on the left and right sides of the Angelus ship started to flicker, like the Crinale ship did. The neons then lit up in a certain way. First, a number appeared, 0. Above that, a halo appeared above the zero. Finally, a pair of wings seemingly shot out of either side of the zero. Angel then spoke once more before the race started, taunting Devil.

"Come at me, if you dare."

Since it was the final race of the season, all 16 teams were to compete, the only thing they were qualifying for was their starting position. On a screen to the side of the starting grid, the 16 teams and their position lit up:
    01. Crinale
    02. Angelus
    03. Wyvern
    04. AG Systems
    05. Jennter
    06. Icaras
    07. Goteki 45
    08. Piranha
    09. FEISAR
    10. Auricom
    11. Assegai
    12. Qirex
    13. EG-X
    14. Triakis
    15. Mirage
    16. Harimau

"I don't get how Crinale got pole position with such a slow, heavy craft like theirs." Tarah thought out loud.

The rest of the teams took their places on the starting grid and then, at last, the final, and what would be the most epic race of the 2209 season of the FX400 officially began.

"3, 2, 1...

"GO!"

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    As his forefinger stuck out, he loudly spoke: "OBJECTION!"
    Hmm is that by any chance a reference to the Ace Attorney game series?