Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the different ships in Pulse

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Talking

Hehe, AG-Sys is fine (and you don't suck). I think the ships are really balanced in this game - maybe certain ships are a little better on certain tracks for TT (although there's not a lot in it), but any ship can win online. I only say EG-X is the best because it's my favourite (and also because it is).

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Yeah, Gah! lol. For true, I do like the EG-X, it's very fast but does tend to recover slower from oversteer imo. Which is why it takes real dedication to master the EG-X at the level Mr Alex has displayed. Bravo to you buddy! The rewards for your efforts definitely show in your TT recs - and online... Grrr !

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    Joint 2nd has to go to Qirex and EG-X, followed by Goteki-45 and the Piranha. I do like my Piranha lol
    Piranha is probably the last team in the ships that I like....ehm....12th position !
    I will say it again, AG-Systems is GREAT in Pulse....and at the second choice I use Auricom, that is a great ship....and I love it's alternative skin....my third choice at this moment is EG-X, very great ship, and I use it not only in time trial, but also in single races and tournaments....very manovrable, the handling is more like 8 than its 7 !
    But the shield....7? A great ship like this deserves a shield of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    Why does nobody ever notice that the AG-Sys has a low top speed?
    The Goteki will out-perform it in that sense, because it has the same top speed, but more thrust.
    I always see people write that it's faster than Feisar too, which isn't correct. Feisar, AG-S and Goteki all have exactly the same top speed.
    Yes, this is right .

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmadSmartAlex View Post
    That said, the AG-S is a great all-round ship, with it's low top-speed as it's only weakness (not much of one either - each 1 speed stat = 3km/h, so Piranha is only 9km/h faster than Feisar!).
    EH?! Are you sure mate ?
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 2nd September 2009 at 10:43 PM.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Yep, Arch did some research on it. Take a look at this:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6602
    Only 3km/h per 1 speed stat seems like such a useless speed increase, I know, but it really does make a difference when playing (especially for TT). But good thrust and handling can compensate on corners for lower top speed. This is why EG-X doesn't have high handling - it would be unstoppable.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Unstopable? only when you're piloting it Mr Alex!

The AG-Sys wins for me, because it handles turns and corners with the least loss to speed, at phantom this is an essential stat. Yes, some may say it's a tad twitchy, but its responsiveness is what gives it the edge. And truth be told, I love the look of it too!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Bah, I still lose online (and take 100000000 attempts in TT), so it's not unstoppable (and no player is either). But thanks.
    I can't handle the twitch, so I actually prefer a lower handling stat. The ships are balanced enough though, that you can just pick whichever one feels best, and then learn to use it's strengths.

Only a hundred million attempts? You slacker, you.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm loving the Qirex in Pulse. It's just... easy... flies very smoothly, seriously.

It doesn't excite me as the others. I haven't broken any recs with it or anything. Yeah, however the ship looks so damn good, I may give it the AirLicker treatment. A full texture remap, sporting chromatic hex plating - and a neon-purple trim... or something! lol

I think I'm gonna play with it online too...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    seraph_hikaryu

As intriguing and tempting as it may be, I'm always using ag sys online and offline... I don't know but it just "feels right" for me. And believe me I can be really dangerous sometimes with it. Qirex is really cool looking yeah AND russian... lol But I will not support my home country this time... lol

I can't wait to see the airlicker mod on it Ace...

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Thank you, Seraph. You and I feel the same about the AG-Sys. My favourite, without a doubt. However, the AG-Sys has had the AirLicker mods twice already. I also wanna do the EG-X but it's a very difficult ship to please.

I guess the main focus will be getting the Qirex design so I'm happy with it. No expense will be spared in making the hull lighter via use of an exclusively owned composite plating technology.

Talking

Naaahahahah, EG-X-this, EG-X that, no stories please ....
    AG-Systems IS the best ship in Pulse !

And ACE can confirm this!
    Last edited by XpanDrome2097; 4th September 2009 at 12:20 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Well, it's certainly my favourite - already said that haven't I?

It really is a tap/steer ship. What I mean is - as long as you understand that the AG-SYS is not the type of ship which you can drive whilst angry at the opposition. For that you need a Piranha lol.

NO, the AG-SYS is one which commands your full attention in a relaxed way. Your thumbs must be able to tap away frantic yet light, constant recorrection of your ship in turns and corners is required, it doesnt like to straighten up out of corners on its own, its a bit of a baby like that - but hey, for such a responsive ship - I guess you have to make a trade off here and there, and this is one of them. However, if the AG-SYS did re-correct easier out of turns, then I guess the speed would have to drop to make things more even whilst coming out of those turns. Personally, I like the way the ship is anyway, the fact that I have re-correct out of turns is a small price to pay for maintaining a high speed average through those same turns...

So the skill in piloting this ship lies more in the recorrection of your steering than anything else, just my imo!

EDIT: Was going through the thread and found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by KANDANG View Post
    who knows? maybe we'll see the piranha at the top of the leaderboards in outpost 7.

time will tell...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No way lol - that would be awesome though!!!
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 4th September 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Lixander

I got less expereince in all the carfts, but I have flown the AG-SYS a while now, I like it a lot for the higher speeds, at the lower speeds it is a tad too slow to my liking tho.

And, he he, I agree on treating the AG-SYS like a lady, if you mash the buttons she does not perform, need to handle her gently ;P

I have also tried my hands on Harimau and Assegai somewhat, both perfom ok, with Harimau having great handling and Assegai overall fine performance.

Latly however I am starting to like Icaras, more so for time trials and speed laps. It has speed and decent handling, and once the racing line is trained it performes well for me.

Overall I like the ships in Pulse, seems very balanced.

Hey Alexander, welcome to the zone .
    If you want a perfect ship for time trial, try an EG-X, and AG-Systems (for me is the best ship in Pulse ) for the most complex tracks, when you need a great handling without a sacrifice in accelleration.
    Last edited by Lance; 10th September 2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Quote Originally Posted by archman View Post
    Those are kind of hard words for that masterpiece of a ship. I was wondering, have you even tried the ship except looking at it's 7's? Stats are not really a full representation of ships abilities. That 7 on handling is not like 7 of EG.X. It's more kind of, like, an 8. Try it. Love it.
    Ouch, hard words all round!

I've got around 6k loyalty points with the '45 (so pretty much bugger-all playtime) and honestly, I can't bring myself to love it. Even give or take a bit with the stats (Triakis and Pirhana would be essentially the same otherwise) I find it a very uninteresting ride. Maybe I should try it at Phantom speeds? I ping-pong off walls at the best of times...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Hehe, here's your answer. I was talking about Phantom in my reviews. Other classes are not taken into thought. So you really haven't tried it. Try it, the handling is like 8.5, more than 7. Plus it's got enormous thrust, which makes the good contender.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvai View Post
    Ouch, hard words all round!

I've got around 6k loyalty points with the '45 (so pretty much bugger-all playtime) and honestly, I can't bring myself to love it. Even give or take a bit with the stats (Triakis and Pirhana would be essentially the same otherwise) I find it a very uninteresting ride. Maybe I should try it at Phantom speeds? I ping-pong off walls at the best of times...
    I agree with this.
    G45 is a monstrous ship in Pulse (and I LOVE it since its debut in Wip3out), but, honestly, the handling of EG-X is more like a 8 than the G45, and in time trial I feel this too much better.
    But G45 remains an excellent ship, one the bests in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Are you guys playing on Phantom? G45 has more handling than EG.X for sure. G45 is more loose. That's definite.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Not for me, it isn't. To me, it feels kind of stiff, like a looser Triakis. I guess it just depends on your playing style. EG-X turns just fine for me, and I sometimes have trouble when using G45. That thrust probably affects the feel of the thing when turning though, so maybe that's why you feel that it's looser (I'd imagine this would affect airbraking more than regular turning).
    So IMO, the handling stat should just be seen as a kind of "review" somebody's done of the handling, rather than a real "stat".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Aargh I suck then. Anyway, they're all good. Except Feisar. (sorry, Feis(hit)ar lovers)