Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
Echoing cipher's point about the ship balance in 2048, its nigh impossible to do without changing the fundamental purpose of some ships.

As for the AG on A+ being so powerful, its to do with acceleration. I've spent an 1 hour or 2 comparing how quickly each ship can accelerate and AG has the best overall, which makes a critical difference in how quickly you recover speed from corners. The AG speed can accelerate so quickly that its unreal, pair this with a lower top speed and you have a ship which can consistently stay close to its maximum velocity regardless of the track. This attribute makes it a very powerful ship and outcompetes the others in nearly every corner.
Pir-Hana speed has the worst acceleration of the speed ships and pair this with heavy handling results in lots of speed loss through corners. With the bad acceleration this means it cannot consistently maintain its top speed, hence why it's the weakest for A+ class.

Why they would make acceleration a hidden stat? I don't know, but I think its important to have on the ship screen regardless so it baffles me somewhat.
Also admittedly the jump in difference between A and A+ class is staggering and the AG speed is a tad overpowered in this case. But FEISAR proto is more broken IMO

P.S To see acceleration in action just compare the boost start between the AG speed and the Auricom prototype on A+ class, you'll see the massive difference.
i did some tests with agility ships of ag systems and piranha on empire climb which has barely any turns and mostly straights with lots of pads

piranha around 1.5 sec slower each lap vs ag sys

so yeah this is very interesting

one more change is for pure racing mode which i forgot to add is have every player start on the first spot in the starting grid, it can be a random advantage in 8 player matches, if you start as 8th, it be around 1 second advantage to the first player