Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Faster Than Angels

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Schizzle

First of all, ze Starterlist, currently, it is certain that 17 crafts will take part. If Auricom takes part depends on how they settle their conflict with Canada, FEISAR, sadly, could break up, I don't know who the pilots of Wyvern are and Jennter, don't know right now.

Sooo, talking about stuff is what this post will be about.

As I said, I don't plan what I write and the current situation in the Bovier family, could happen to anyone.

What I always wanted to do is talking about our work, this threat is my favourite one BTW, it's my most visited too.

I'm just starting, k?

How my characters changed between S1 and S2... Jonny is still Jonny, the grumpy, old, sarcastic, robotic, apartic guy, like always. I have to admit, although he IS slightly based on myself, he is not my fav character.

Jana was planned to be Jonnys succeeder, but how things changed she became the governor, later Reichskanzlerin of Germany and leads her Nation through a World War (#JustGermanThings XD). The part with taking other Jennter was thrown away, although her feud with Madison had already, again unexpected, started in November 2209, as she phoned Jana midnight, I still don't know how to give this scene a sense, but the roots may lay here.
    Jana seemed to be preferred by Jonny, may because she should take over Jennter, indeed I planned to "make a rule" that the first born Bovier with a capital J has the right to take over the company, but that was again dumped, but that Jana should take over Jennter was still the plan.
    Before everyone got blackmailed by the Blackmail Group (later became a sub-company of Crinale, although the takeover was faked, but that whole thing was added later.), it was the topic of Part 1, that Jonny retires, but as Crinale made problems, he still kept his position (the power was indeed halfed between both, by 51:49 - Jonny:Jana. Just added right now ^^). to help Jana, but also he didn't wanted to give away his life project.
    I don't even know why I started the corruption stuff in Europe, maybe just to mess around there , but to control this thing I installed my own characters in the position of the government, Jana Germany vs Madison Europe, back then Jana didn't even knew Madison.
    One relict from the "Jonny-succeeder" thing is that she has many things in common with him.

Coming to Madison...
    Madison never was planned to be such a maniac, rather a flat character, now she's the antagonist. Level Up! (Good for her, or not ^^)
    She was really just a side character, why I created her...I don't know, may a normal (yes, she used to be normal) person, between the psychopathic Henry and the, back then, not even existing Dave ("the guy in the black suit" was Dave, but was at first planned to be the real boss, later I just connected this group to Crinale, uncreative, I know).
    I needed an antagonist and I had no idea what to do with Madison, she disappeared after a (right now untold) "one-night-stand" with Nico, so i was like "Yeah, that girl is going to mess up the current word order". I had that idea somewhere writing about the Omega Harbour Race.

Nico, I don't know, I like him.
    First he was planned to be just a pilot for Jennter (do you remember the original Jennter-description, the very first, oh I get nostalgic feels :'), in the threat were we three first wrote about our teams.), later it was an emergency solution that he replaces Jana.
    All the time it was unclear what his relation to Madison was, indeed until Omega Harbour I planned that both just met there and... you know...
    As I never wrote what happened between those two that night and Madison (in my mind) was always thinking about Nico, I didn't knew what to write. Now I found a thrilling solution .

Another weird guy is Henry, he was always the same. A quick-deciding, crazy, idiot.
    At first he should take Madisons role, but I thought it would be to obvious that he is behind everything. I didn't wiped that out, I let Madison remove him, yes he REALLY was going to rule Europe, until Madison came.

The last one is Dave, a side-changing guy, Jonnys best friend later on. He respects Jonny and Jonny likes how he fought in WWIV, Ireland was allied with Germany.

I'm going to end this post with some questions that EVERYONE can answear.
    A-marked questions should get answeared by Ace.

1: How is my writing? (Grammar, Word diversity, etc)

2: How are my pictures?

3: What do you think about Jonny Bovier?

4A: How long is FTA going to last (until what year? eg 2243)?

Forgot the other questions XD

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Nice, I'm in the process of making up the "unlucky 8". That is, the 8 pilots that either did not finish, or got the slowest time in the qualifier. Now to answer some questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    1: How is my writing? (Grammar, Word diversity, etc)
    Your grammar is great, there are only a few times where there is the wrong spelling, or there is a grammar error. I'm not going to say it sucks because 1, it doesn't; and 2, (I'm assuming) English is not your mother tongue.

2: How are my pictures?
    Better than what I can do, haha!

3: What do you think about Jonny Bovier?
    Jonny's a badass. He's awesome!

4A: How long is FTA going to last (until what year? eg 2243)?
    No idea, I haven't planned that far, haha!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

In making the disqualified racers, I have created a new variant of the Pilot ID. Here's how it goes, bearing in mind that I will be using Angelus' racers as an example.

The code in full would be ARD889.1.19.194 for Gareth Ardos.

The first part (i.e ARD889.1.19.194) is the first 3 letters of their last name. If their surname is only 2 letters long, then the third letter will be the first letter of their first name. [If, in the case of Sino of EG-X, the pilot goes by a one-name alias, the first 3 letters of that name will be used]

The second part (i.e ARD889.1.19.194) is a random 3 digit number.

The third part (i.e ARD889.1.19.194) is their ranking. 0 is for Lead pilots, 1 is for second pilots, and 2 is for other rankings.

The fourth part (i.e ARD889.1.19.194) is their race number.

The fifth and final part (i.e ARD889.1.19.194) is the team code. The team code is a 3 digit number that takes 3 letters from their name and finds the digital root of the number value of those letters (i.e A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.) For instance, Gareth is from Angelus Research and Development, their letters are ARD, which the number values are 1, 18, and 4. The digital root takes two (and greater) digit numbers and adds the individual numbers together until a single digit number is obtained. Single digit numbers have no effect. For instance, the digital root of 1 is 1, and the digital root of 4 is 4. For 18, a two digit number, the digital root would be 18->1+8=9. Therefore, ARD's code would be 194.

What do you think?

EDIT: also, allow me to take this moment to say that the Crinale racers, Leon Turner and Lucia Scarlatti are having their numbers swapped. 1 being that 13 is Crinale's Lead Pilot number (see the Omega Harbour part), and 2, 13 is apparently a lucky number in Italy. So Lucia is now #13, and Leon is now #7
    Last edited by Ace3000; 10th December 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

What do you mean with "Unlucky 8"?

1: Well, thank you
    In the previous post I didn't cared about correction, I was a bit rushed
    Nein, meine Muttersprache ist nicht Englisch

2: Again, thank you ^^

About the Pilot-ID:
    What happens if someone changes the team or gets promoted, shouldn't the ID be permanent?

Also about ze Starterlist: It wasn't intention to make the color sheme of France black/white
    There are so many flags with blue-red-white, you are so uncreative
    Last edited by Jonny; 10th December 2014 at 06:07 PM.

PSN ID
    Marysh24

There are so many flags with blue-red-white, you are so uncreative*
    I read that this combination means in that land there's Freedom, why exactly I don't know or remember P:

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

What do you mean with "Unlucky 8"?
    17 teams, with 2 craft each is a total of 17x2=34 craft. 26 are allowed into the race, so 34-26=8. Those 8 pilots will not be allowed into the race, hence they will be disqualified, right?

About the Pilot-ID:
    What happens if someone changes the team or gets promoted, shouldn't the ID be permanent?
    Looking at all the Pilot IDs in Fusion, the last 3 numbers seem to correlate to the team. Natasha Belmondo, who used to be with Auricom before moving to Xios, has the numbers 339, which is the same numbers as Zala Wollf, the other Xios pilot. So I don't think the ID is permanent, even in Fusion, it just gives information about the pilot. so if someone changes teams or gets promoted, that part in the ID will be changes accordingly. The only thing that will not change under any circumstances will be the random number after the letters. The only time this can be changed is for cultural reasons, like in section 2.2.2.1 in the F12000 regulations:
    Quote Originally Posted by F12000 Regulations, as created by Jonny
    "2.2.2.1. To change the ID a special reason is required, like cultural reasons (eg. Germans with an xx.x.x.88.x, or Japanese with xx.xx.4.x)."
    EDIT: For comparison, Fusion's Pilot ID code for Auricom is 526. Both Pascale Rouser and Franco Gonzalez have this number in their Pilot IDs
    Last edited by Ace3000; 11th December 2014 at 05:58 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

17 teams? I mean 17 pilots, upps...probably a typo.

I'll have a look at the pilot IDs from the original wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

The ones in WipEout '95 are different, I just looked.

Also there are 17 teams. Italicised teams are ones created by the 3 of us.

1. Assegai
    2. Qirex
    3. FEISAR
    4. AG Systems
    5. EG-X
    6. Goteki 45
    7. Triakis
    8. Piranha
    9. Mirage
    10. Icaras
    11. Harimau
    12. Auricom
    13. Angelus
    14. Crinale
    15. Wyvern
    16. Jennter
    17. Berlin DR

EDIT: Also, I need to know before I post the next part tomorrow:
    If Auricom takes part depends on how they settle their conflict with Canada, FEISAR, sadly, could break up,
    Does Auricom settle their conflict with Canada by 2212, and does FEISAR break up?
    Last edited by Ace3000; 11th December 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Not every team has 2 pilots, also I'm not certain how WWV could end, at least I can say that USA and Canada may form a single Nation or something like that.
    And what happens to Jennter is also still unknown.
    Also, what is with Snake (and Wyvern)?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

So... what, should I just not worry about who makes the qualifications and who doesn't?

Also, this is what happened to Snake:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    It kills me to say this

Flying with Dragons is being discontinued for a unknown length of time.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I've got a lot on my plate right now, 4 pieces of coursework, two exams, independent studying, crap tonne of homework and incredibly tight deadlines. I don't have time anymore and its slowly making me insane.
    In regards to the plot, you guys will have to figure something out, my idea is just to only mention Wyvern AR in the races and not outside of the race environment. Basically the teams position and what they do in the race for I can work around that but I cannot make changes to their plot line to fit in with the other stories. I realise this is a massive problem but I cannot afford to waste time.

Really sorry guys, I don't know when I can start writing again but sadly this is my only choice. I will keep reading the stories though so don't think I'm abandoning everything about this, just putting it on hold. Looking forward to future parts.
    I'm also not sure how to proceed, with uploading the parts, as I mention the number of teams, should I just hold off on posting until you've finished with the war? That way you'd know for sure exactly how many teams and crafts will participate in the F12000. That being said, the last thing I want is to rush you in getting the story out.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 12th December 2014 at 09:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I'm sorry if I hold you back, but it would be helpful if you wait until I'm finished (why you don't join me? )

I counted through ze Starterlist, there WOULD be 17 Teams and 22 Pilots.
    I'm assuming Wyvern would have only one pilot, so counting them in, there would be 14 teams with 18 pilots.

If you wait, Snake may finished his stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's ok, I can wait. Not sure how I could write about the war, in my canon, Angelus were just too busy with the XygenV and Omega Harbour to be in the war. hmmm...

I counted through ze Starterlist, there WOULD be 17 Teams and 22 Pilots.
    I'm assuming Wyvern would have only one pilot, so counting them in, there would be 14 teams with 18 pilots.
    Huh? How does that math work?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Only few teams have 2 pilots

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

No, no, forget the pilots. I mean that including Wyvern, the 17 teams become 14?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ahh no, I meant, IF Wyvern would also start, the total number of confirmed teams would be 14. Right now I'm not sure if Jennter, FEISAR and Auricom will take part, the missing three teams.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ohhhh, I get it now. if they were all confirmed, then there would be 17/22 (Teams/Pilots), but as of yet there are only 14/18

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 40: Confrontation

[part removed]
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:11 PM. Reason: adding date

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Tuesday, November 28th, 2209 was the date of the Omega Harbour race.

EDIT: Wait, is Madison part of Crinale, or something different?
    Last edited by Ace3000; 15th December 2014 at 07:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Default Part 41: Souls

[part removed]

Before the Omega Harbour race the group was re-integrated into Crinale, however, after the race, as Jennter was free'd, Henry left to his homecountry Sweden, fearing pursuit from Crinale, Madison went to Europe, to fullfil her plan (Federal Coup ) and Dave was something like a double agent. Later he became the best friend of Jonny.
    Madison once said to Dave how much she hates Jonny Bovier (as he is "the target" -> President of Jennter.).
    Also she shot Henry before she took over the lead in Europe.
    Last edited by Jonny; 6th December 2021 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Revision five years later

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Wow, that was a really awesome part! I loved it!

[2. Ah, gotcha.]