Page 126 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

A moment of silence for Studio Liverpool...
    Let's hope the team notice us so they can give us a hand, in any way they can...

And yeah, anyone can make their concept ships.
    Last edited by Xpand; 22nd August 2012 at 02:56 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    I'll make them want to take revenge on those who "bully" them Maybe I can add them some memory too so they'll remember you so u better be careful ^^
    Oh crap, I hope Studio Liverpool doesn't get any ideas from you. Maybe bossing around that Qirex isn't such a good idea afterall...

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    @Amaroq hmm yeah no-one new at the moment but I see we are moving forward anyways
    And about the weapon animation. Ok, I agree something technical like a missile could be explained a little better but I wouldn't try to input as many technical terms in one sentence as possible. Imagine a 14yrs old will play this, he just won't care for that stuff^^
    Ahem... 'Funny' that you should mention 14 Year-Olds...
    But I will let you off the hook just this once.

Maybe you guys also read about the sad news that SL has been closed.
    You know how much I am willing to bet that you're wrong? Because several people have already been talking about a game they are working on that isn't WipEout.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 22nd August 2012 at 02:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Alright, then I'll hand the list over now to be recorded.
    Cleaned up the G-Docs a liiittle bit.

BTW For everyone who wanna participate on the meeting if it takes place, please don't forget to add us up on Skype or tell us your ID.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Ahem... 'Funny' that you should mention 14 Year-Olds...
    But I will let you off the hook just this once.
    Guess what...I'm 16,and I'm taking the GCE O Level this year. Seems like details is something ALL subjects are looking for one way or another.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You know how much I am willing to bet that you're wrong? Because several people have already been talking about a game they are working on that isn't WipEout.
    Well, you've lost. It's been confirmed all over the place. Eurogamer has a article about it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Do you think you could link the articles?
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 22nd August 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

How about the massive thread that's going on in the Off Topic forum? Or the majority of online news sites carrying the full statement from Sony? Or the Twitter accounts of some of the developers talking about how they've just lost their jobs? There's plenty of evidence. It's happened.

Any further discussion on this topic should be done in the approriate thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

What hellfire said but if anything I feel that this piece of news makes SSGX somehow even more important... I don't know if you would agree but I feel as if ssgx is now somehow the spiritual successor of wipeout in many ways...

Timezone
    GMT -6

The good news is, I guess this means we can use the original teams.
    I'm think I'm going to take a break so I can 'digest' this information and deal with the dark truth. Expect to see me again in a few days.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Well I don't think we can use the original team for several reasons:
    -> It still might be a copyright issue.
    -> It might confuse gamers. And they think like "They are trying too hard to create a new Wipeout", because, in all respect, but I think SSGX won't be better than Wipeout HD for some random gamer.
    -> I think it's cool we have our own teams. We spent time and discussed and created, so it's our own work & creation. I think it's better than just copypaste what others have done before.

And besides, if we ever create a SlipStream 2, we can use our teams again, maybe add some others like your team

And Oryx is right. It's our job now to make sure racing like this is still possible. We clearly have some Wipeout stuff in our game [same speed classes, some pickups are the same, weapon & turbo pad, some race modes are the same]. Haha of course I don't wanna sound like "we create the future of Wipeout", but let's see it from another side: We all played & play Wipeout, we're coming from maybe the greatest Wipeout forum and we are an awesome team, everyone has something he can do best! I am sure SSGX will be a success, maybe not a success for around the world, but at least for us to keep the spirit alive!
    Last edited by docfo4r; 22nd August 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Please, say no more of Ti-Khana. It is pretty obvious they're never going to make it.

Besides, what about the planned FX-300 Vineta K ending? Where the final race in the in-game storyline is also the first FX-300 race?

I'd love to make Vineta K, but even Porto Kora with all the visual helps, plus track layout, is proving to be a very hard job...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

It's our job now to make sure racing like this is still possible. We clearly have some Wipeout stuff in our game [same speed classes, some pickups are the same, weapon & turbo pad, some race modes are the same]. Haha of course I don't wanna sound like "we create the future of Wipeout", but let's see it from another side: We all played & play Wipeout, we're coming from maybe the greatest Wipeout forum and we are an awesome team, everyone has something he can do best! I am sure SSGX will be a success, maybe not a success for around the world, but at least for us to keep the spirit alive!
    Couldn't have said this better myself. I'm awaiting results myself-there's a bit of a draught for futuristic racers nowadays...

Timezone
    GMT -6

We're going to make Sony take the Lemons back!

So I thought of a way to make those side engines flames appear and fade out when you go over the speed pads... I'll explain it tomorrow, gotta go to bed now! xD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I'm probably going to sound like a massive idiot for asking, but have we got the ion trails?

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Well, those we have actually are more like engine gas or something than ion trails we know from Wipeout cos i can't manipulate with poligons in-game to make this trail bend a bit further than totally at the beginning which will make effect of thrown out of engine plasma
    @Xpand: Good luck on flames But as for activating them, there is collider on each speed pad with corresponding tag so u can use it.
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 23rd August 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

Another WIP.
    [Hubian - pavilion run 2 - work in progress]
    I'm feeling down about my digital painting skill at the moment. But this will not stop me. Homeworks do.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

That's a fantastic sketch. Could definately see something being made from that.
    Also, the Sprite set of pickups is done, and you can see it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94454272/Pi...%20Sprites.jpg
    Since they aren't in game yet, I had no idea what some of the weapons might look like and I had to improvise a bit. XD This can be corrected once those weapons come online.
    You can download the images from here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94454272/Pickup%20Images.zip
    They are all 512x512, transparent PNGs. It might be helpful to sort them into PickupImages/SpritesTheme/images.png when using them in Unity, because more folders will appear in the future.
    They are around 128 kbs each, but feel free to flatten them if you need to save file space.
    Last edited by dreadofmondays; 23rd August 2012 at 10:01 AM.