PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Kurlija
14th June 2017, 08:07 PM
Just be glad that no one has a confirmed sheepgirl sighting yet. Let's hope that menace can't afford a ps4.

Interesting, I never really had a problem with Sheepy. Raced him/her the other day on PS3, I kept getting the usual "bomb kiss mwah" messages for the first few races but it quickly turned into friendly banter. Was quite respectful by the end, actually. Much more manageable than having three guys gang up on you online, anyway.

KazzyMac
14th June 2017, 08:25 PM
I've only raced two of those guys at once. Never seen three.

Like I said, they tried those shenanigans with me but I ignored them and they gave up trying to blow me up lol. Back then I wasn't fast-enough to beat them legit anyway. I probably still aren't. *shrug*

But eh, if I end up in a room with some of you guys and I see them show up, I know what I'm doing xD.

(( Also this is the advantage of PS+; if they get banned/blocked for trolling/harassing, it'll cost them money to get back online on a new account. Same goes for whoever this sheepy is too. ;) ))

Knux_Chaotix
14th June 2017, 08:39 PM
After having the game for a week, I can safely say I am thoroughly impressed ^_^. Love it. Finally enjoying 2048. Feels so much better to play on the PS4. I need a hell of a lot of practice mind you, I proper suuuuck at it, but still really enjoying it. HD Fury is still as good as its always been. Slowly making my way through campaigns and trophies ^_^

Even online seems to have improved. Less lag I think? I could be wrong. So good to see it all busy and full again!!! Encountered the Xx333xX for the 1st time yesterday. Just hoping their crap attitude doesn't put newer players off.

Racingfan
14th June 2017, 10:33 PM
been 13 days since i got the game now

still feels like day 1 to me

such a awesome remaster

awesome job on it cb/epos :D

AssegaiGuy24
15th June 2017, 01:22 PM
Long time lurker here, first post.
Been playing since the original Wipeout.

Wanted to post this b/c I haven't seen anyone mention this, or if someone has, I missed it.....
What I really miss about the new game is the in-race leaderboard, that was on the right of the screen for ps3.
It was so incredibly helpful late in the tournament knowing how hard you'd have to push it.
Theoretical example: you're in the last race, standings show you're up by 3 over Feisar.
Feisar is in 1st, so you know you have to finish at least 2nd to win the tournament,
OR Feisar is toward the bottom and you can rest easier,
OR even better yet, Feisar gets Eliminated, the joy of knowing you won.

Unless there is an option to turn it on, which I haven't seen, the in-race leaderboard isn't an option anymore, which bums me out, b/c I got so much from this component of the game on ps3.

AdHoc
15th June 2017, 01:45 PM
Same in 2048 Combat mode, there’s no leaderboard on the right, which is annoying.

Racingfan
15th June 2017, 03:54 PM
rank still goes to 101 (overlord)

thanks chris for confirmation :D

Cipher
15th June 2017, 08:26 PM
As a heads up for those that ordered through Grainger Games, if you have a valid pre-order that should've come with the 4 static themes, you can send them a message (http://www.graingergames.co.uk/contact-us) and they'll get back to you with the code :)

TRIZONE1
16th June 2017, 01:45 AM
All in all, You guy's should enjoy Wipeout Omega and have fun, it's nice to hear them now updating bug fix to the game because back on the ps3 if you found a bug on the game it's most likely to stay like that and no fix.
Now i can say bye bye silly bug glitches. Man i think this is my first time commenting here. XD

blackwiggle
16th June 2017, 01:01 PM
rank still goes to 101 (overlord)

thanks chris for confirmation :D

WelL Dantriech will be rivaling you over that title I would think

Danterich
16th June 2017, 03:49 PM
Are you speaking of me? Oh hell no, Ã*´m not doing marathons("Avalons") anymore. But sure there will be plenty of "overlords" in some time.

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 03:58 PM
how many were there back on ps3? 80 with overlord?

takes a hella long time, around 1000 hours.

blackwiggle
16th June 2017, 04:00 PM
Mate, You spent more 'Online ' time than anybody I've ever known......well apart from Weedjunky :lol and Wipeouteer, who must hold the all time record....damm freak

How many variations of Dantriech got level 100 online rank ?

If I remember correctly you originally deleted me from your friends list because you considered me a bad influence, and having you spend too much time racing online.:eek......Those were the days :lol

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 04:01 PM
yeah, i played a bit too much

i have 80 hours played at the moment... and thats play time (doesnt count in lobby) :lol

blackwiggle
16th June 2017, 04:15 PM
I must of played about 20 hours tops ATM.

Must be a combination of trying to sort out Formula Fusion [ I really want this game to be a success ] and having already spent a month playing the Omega Pack Beta, which has left me in a bit of a 'Been there, Done That" sort of mood regarding the Omega Pack.
Plus the lack of people playing online on the AUS server....I'm not sure if it's when I'm online????

UB3R~JKP
16th June 2017, 05:13 PM
Europe seems to be the most popular area (unsurprisingly), very rarely lobbies on the other regions.

Racingfan
16th June 2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah, only Eu is active, but US have some lobbies at their peak time, but only 5 max.

anyway just tested van-uber on some time trials

my god... that ship is better than icaras in some tracks now :lol

Cipher
16th June 2017, 06:26 PM
It could also be that there's a bunch of full lobbies, apparently it doesn't show does anymore, which is kind of unfortunate, as it creates a feeling of a desolated online environment, when it really isn't, personally think it should just be another filter option so the player can choose whether or not to see full lobbies :/

KazzyMac
17th June 2017, 11:43 AM
I must of played about 20 hours tops ATM.

Must be a combination of trying to sort out Formula Fusion [ I really want this game to be a success ] and having already spent a month playing the Omega Pack Beta, which has left me in a bit of a 'Been there, Done That" sort of mood regarding the Omega Pack.
Plus the lack of people playing online on the AUS server....I'm not sure if it's when I'm online????
Just switch to US or EU servers.

I know what you'll say; the lag will be terrible. But hear me out: I've played against a few Australian players, some Mexican players and even a Japanese player. The lag is far, far less noticeable than on HD/Fury on PS3. It was hard to even really notice anything outside of race starts and the occasional weird jitter/teleport.

And this is coming from a UK player, aka "The bare other side of the world to Australia." Omega handles lag WAY better than PS3 HD/Fury. :D

Ace3000
17th June 2017, 11:57 AM
I can attest to this, I mainly play on the EU servers, most of my mates here are from there. And I've never really had a problem regarding the lag. It might be there, but I haven't noticed it.

Racingfan
18th June 2017, 10:21 PM
man i really miss the multiplayer leaderboards

been setting some good times

cb said they were limited with leaderboards so they had to remove something but tbh i would choose mp ones over single race boards in hd fury

:(

Racingfan
10th July 2017, 10:58 PM
if anyone interested (uk only)

if you start amazon prime trial you can buy 15 months of ps plus for 29.99 pounds

ends 11 july at 11.59 PM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=playstation%2Bplus%2B15%2Bmonth

Doppel
11th July 2017, 10:50 PM
I'm having a blast with this neat package, I just finished with Elite passing 2048 campaign - on to 2048 Zico then Fury and HD. I've been reading 2048 is supposedly the hardest. I sure hope so because some events really gave me pain, but it's nothing too unmanageable.

The only downside is I keep remembering Studio Liverpool closed down. That and Evolution Studios were a huge blow to PS racing games. Smh, Sony.
But with the good reception of Omega Collection (?) I hope we can get a remake/remaster of some older games.

AdHoc
12th July 2017, 07:17 AM
Welcome Doppel.

Nah, enough with the remasters, bring on new games ffs!