PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Knux_Chaotix
24th May 2017, 04:34 PM
Tonight. 8pm BST I believe. Thats what I've seen on Twitter

Heres a linky ^_^ https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/867295904709193728

Concealed Sequence
24th May 2017, 05:04 PM
Great. Thanks for that!

onlykpop
24th May 2017, 05:13 PM
It's been soo long since I last raced and this is exciting news! Can't wait to start playing one of my favorite games again <3

Less BS and more fun (that means ghost ships) haha! ;) Will be very great to see all my old friends I used to race with!

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 06:50 PM
stream starts in 10 minutes

awesome to have you back onlykpop, we had awesome races :D

the crashing into each other was a bit crazy tho :lol

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation for the live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW21P5gYVic (second link)

dontmindlosing
24th May 2017, 07:17 PM
The livestream mix is sublime. Man, I wish I were at that event. Why aren't those people dancing? They're swaying self-consciously, like they're at a mediocre wedding. This is WipEout! They should be honoured to be there!

Dawn_Fire_
24th May 2017, 07:32 PM
It's perfect so far. I heard Cold Storage - Body in Motion and just started smiling.

Loads of classics. Good stuff.

Hybrid Divide
24th May 2017, 07:40 PM
Xpander!!!

AND CoLD SToRAGE!

WOOOOO!!!!!!

Jonny
24th May 2017, 07:43 PM
I love how much they do out of it xD

Hellfire_WZ
24th May 2017, 07:44 PM
Well, Firestarter's in :)

dontmindlosing
24th May 2017, 07:45 PM
^ Mixed with Seven Stitches. Perfect.

Hybrid Divide
24th May 2017, 07:49 PM
Firestarter and Seven Stitches go together quite nicely!

chalovak
24th May 2017, 07:51 PM
2048 looks heavenly good.
God, I love WipEout)

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 07:52 PM
is every music heard in the stream in the game?

if so omfg :D

Hybrid Divide
24th May 2017, 07:55 PM
I really really hope so!

yawnstretch
24th May 2017, 08:06 PM
LOVING THE LIVE EVENT! I hope this video is available after as the mixes are phenomenal.

Hybrid Divide
24th May 2017, 08:07 PM
They said the stream will be up for a week.

yawnstretch
24th May 2017, 08:08 PM
Also, 2048 is looking CREAMY. Well done guys and gals. Well donE

KazzyMac
24th May 2017, 08:08 PM
I just realised this stream was a thing.

Loaded it up, and I immediately hear Logistics.

I am a very, very happy man. :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
24th May 2017, 08:13 PM
And it's now turned into a silent disco. The sound's died :lol

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 08:16 PM
its back up :lol

yawnstretch
24th May 2017, 08:16 PM
It's back thankfully. Here's a link https://youtu.be/pR90jVxqzQM

Snakenator1
24th May 2017, 08:22 PM
Lol the tigron disappeared from the stream. hmmmmmm

*eyes shift towards charlie*

We told you not to steal it ;D

KazzyMac
24th May 2017, 08:23 PM
I saw something get knocked over and knock it down. ;)

In all seriousness, I hope someone is keeping track of what songs are being played. Some of these songs are just far too good to not try and listen to again (and I don't know the names of a lot of 'em :( )

Hellfire_WZ
24th May 2017, 08:24 PM
Sh*t, rumbled :lol

Wasn't a bad paint job on it actually, reckon I could have done better though ;)

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 08:29 PM
theres no disc inside :(

Hellfire_WZ
24th May 2017, 08:35 PM
Full soundtrack is here:

1. ADDIKTION – Shake It (Wipeout Omega Instrumental Edit)
2. Airwolf – Talking Bass feat. Stace Cadet (Taiki Nulight Edit)
3. Black Sun Empire & State of Mind – Kill That Noise (Wipeout Omega Edit)
4. Boys Noize – XTC (The Chemical Brothers Remix)
5. Brodinski feat Louisahhh – Let The Beat Control Your Body
6. Carbon Community vs. Burufunk – Community Funk (Deadmau5 remix)
7. David Tort & Danielle Simeone – You Got To (Wipeout Omega Edit)
8. DC Breaks – Breathe (Instrumental VIP Mix)
9. CODE:MANTA – DFCK
10. Dillon Francis & NGHTMRE – Need You (DJ Hanzel & Drezo Remix)
11. DJ Kentaro feat. Matrix & Futurebound – North South East West (Tha New Team Remix)
12. Emika – Double Edge (GeRM Remix)
13. James Talk – Remote (Deadmau5 Remix)
14. Jerome Isma-Ae & Paul Thomas – Tomorrow (Luke Chable Remix)
15. Krakota – Lust Thrust
16. Matrix & Futurebound – Glow Worm
17. Matt Anthony – Headlights
18. Memtrix – IC YR PAIN
19. Metrik – Bring It Like That
20. Movement Machina & Timo Vaittinen – Upsides Have Downsides (Wipeout Omega Edit)
21. Noisia & The Upbeats – Dead Limit
22. Red One – Born Free
23. Soundprank – Obsidian
24. Swanky Tunes – Give It
25. Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party – Antidote (Swedish House Mafia Dub)
26. The Chemical Bros – C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l
27. The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die
28. Warden – Get Down

Hybrid Divide
24th May 2017, 08:35 PM
I really wish I lived in a nation that hyped WipEout half as much as I do. Or half as much as the UK does.

This soundtrack reveal got zero press in the US gaming media that I could find. And Sony wonders why the series doesn't do as well here!

EDIT: Charlie just posted the actual soundtrack roster. And I'm a bit disappointed. Hearing Landmass, We Have Explosive, Firestarter, and CoLD SToRAGE tracks gave me some hope. Now I'm kinda wishing Sony would allow in-game MP3 playback like on the PS3 again.

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 08:37 PM
wait, wheres firestarter?

it was played in the stream

Snakenator1
24th May 2017, 08:39 PM
Dang it, you beat me to it :lol

Wait so we aren't getting all the 2097 tracks they played in the stream? well way to get my hopes up and crush them :p
Overall though I do like the soundtrack, makes me more hyped for the game!

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 08:42 PM
https://giphy.com/gifs/feel-fridge-empty-6oFNB3JPuLpAs

Dawn_Fire_
24th May 2017, 08:43 PM
Wow, seriously.

That stream was a bit of a mistake on someone's part then. I was excited briefly :(

PureSpeed7
24th May 2017, 08:50 PM
This thread is going so fast!! It took me 30 minutes to read 3 days of posts! Anyway, I'm disappointed in the soundtrack.... If they could get 2097 music (albeit remixed) into 2048, they should've been able to do it now. Whatever. >=/

EDIT: 21 members were onine when I posted this. Things are really picking up here!

bigsnake
24th May 2017, 08:58 PM
If that track list is the real track list then wow that stream was a massive disappointment. I heard maybe two or three of the tracks listed in that entire mix, the rest of it was just a reminder that haha guys remember these songs haha yeah.

That Seven Stitches and Firestarter mashup was rad regardless though

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 09:00 PM
the list is exactly the same from the review video that was uploaded today too :(

its deleted now btw

Knux_Chaotix
24th May 2017, 09:23 PM
They did say at the start of the stream the 1st lot of songs was more a "Wipeout through the ages" set. I like a fair bit the the soundtrack, and if I fancy a change, I have a Wipeout Spotify list.

Snakenator1
24th May 2017, 09:36 PM
The livestream is on the Playstation EU channel now, its 1hr 45mins long which was longer than I expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW21P5gYVic

KazzyMac
24th May 2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks @Hellfire for the track list!

A little disappointed that some of the songs I heard on the stream aren't in the game, but that's still a pretty solid soundtrack. I had tingles recognising some of the songs from Wipeout, 2097, Fusion, Pure, Pulse, HD et al. Just goes to show how great a soundtrack the series has always had, past and present.

Anybody got a time for that firestarter/seven stitches mashup so I can quickly find it? It sounds like it's gotten a lot of praise over here and I want to hear it. :)

dmcclusky1234
25th May 2017, 12:22 AM
This is a change...
Krushyn, Xpander, Firestar and Seven stitches (Somebody please make a mashup of that), and a We Have Explosive...

It's pretty decent, and I can literally listen to this Sountrack for ageessss now! :P

AdHoc
25th May 2017, 04:05 AM
Did anyone notice that the floating Tigron model in the video had decals? :)

http://reho.st/self/2577817511dedb46cbb0f7a0e032fd10db75d935.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don’t know if this has been posted, but here is the official Spotfiy playlist for the game:

https://open.spotify.com/user/playstation_music/playlist/3pUSdXB59k5aJy82BZBocy

XxSuperRyugaxX
25th May 2017, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the Spotify link AdHoc :)
I Just don't understand if tracks like We Have Explosive and Firestarter will appear on the game.. even in the Spotify playlist they aren't there

chalovak
25th May 2017, 06:16 AM
I believe there is no need to get disappointed by some WipEout jewels missing from the Omega. Yeah, it's a bummer they are not there, cause those tracks work with the game like a charm, like they were meant to be together. But think about this: one of the reasons we love them is that they are WipEout related. When 2048 came out it had completely (almost) fresh OST with some great tracks which were unwonted still. But over time (while playing WipEout) they grew on us and became (to us personally) little masterpieces like Firestarter or Xpander from previous titles. And I believe the same worked with music from Pulse, Pure and the same will work with Omega soundtrack which is decent by the sound of it.
That's my take on this OST thing.)

PS. I have a playlist on my iPhone with the best WipEout tracks, with the fresh Omega OST this playlist will definitely be expanded. How awesome is that? The more the merrier.

Concealed Sequence
25th May 2017, 07:09 AM
No Orbital or FSOL. Oh well :(

Can't wait to get this game. Especially looking forward to the 2048 tracks. Loved that game on the vita!

AdHoc
25th May 2017, 07:13 AM
Chalovak, yes and no: HD/Fury’s OST never really grew on me, except for a few tracks...

But yeah, no need to complain :)

Anonanon
25th May 2017, 08:12 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but do you think Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 or Vita servers? They did this with GT5 when GT6 arrived.

TheConzio
25th May 2017, 08:59 AM
Most likely, I don't see it staying up for too long when Omega comes out.

Speaking of which, I'm ready :P

Ace3000
25th May 2017, 09:34 AM
I'm still needing to purchase a PS4 and Omega Collection. I don't know, though, that'll be literally the only game I'll be using that system for, so in the end, will it even be worth it?

...yeah, probably. XD

Dylan061997
25th May 2017, 10:10 AM
I'm still needing to purchase a PS4 and Omega Collection. I don't know, though, that'll be literally the only game I'll be using that system for, so in the end, will it even be worth it?

...yeah, probably. XD

Don't forget PS+ too to play online (but i think you already know :g ) ace ;) .
And i see for the soundtracks reveal it's really bad? :o

blackwiggle
25th May 2017, 12:02 PM

...yeah, probably. XD

Well a lot of people are upgrading their PS4's to PS4 Pro's, if bucks are tight just get a traded in used one from EB games, and as Dylan said, you need to factor in the AUS$ 80 pa for the PS+ subscription, but you do get 4 free games a month to download, the only thing to worry about there is to make sure your internet plan can handle to games sizes, as they can be a LOT bigger than PS3 games.......you should of seen the full file size of the Omega Pack Beta :eek , not one for somebody on a 100GB PM internet plan put it that way.

Ace3000
25th May 2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I might go down the preowned route, we'll see how it goes. And it's fine, I'm on a limitless plan, so I don't need to look out for my data usage! The speeds, however, is another story... XD

AdHoc
25th May 2017, 12:47 PM
Same, I think I’ll try an EB Games or Gumtree, see what I find...

Racingfan
25th May 2017, 01:00 PM
If you buy the disc version of omega, it will install the game onto your HDD in 5-10 seconds but you have to download patches if there are any

the back of the sleeve says it requires 24gb of your HDD

but with digital pre order you can pre load and have it ready before it launches so you can play it the second its released

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but do you think Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 or Vita servers? They did this with GT5 when GT6 arrived.

Sony will give a 90 day warning if they close wipEout HD ps3 and 2048 here https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

edit:

a new video by playstation access :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMKTsooiiNg

blackwiggle
25th May 2017, 03:14 PM
And depending where you are situated, Timezone wise, guess who will be the first people on the planet to get the Omega Pack if they have bought it as a pre-purchase download copy ?
No it's Not Australia, we will get it a hour or so later.

scalliano
25th May 2017, 04:59 PM
Well, that is unless Amazon pull a GTA 5 and ship it three days early :P

Can't see it happening, tbh.

phaeton_pl
25th May 2017, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone :beer
Is WO2048 worth buying PS4? Never played it.

Anonanon
25th May 2017, 08:13 PM
a new video by playstation access :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMKTsooiiNg

So 2048 is stuck with the 2048 hud or is it confirmed that you can swap it?

yawnstretch
25th May 2017, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone :beer
Is WO2048 worth buying PS4? Never played it.

Yeah. The craft have a slight lateral swoop to the handling (which I love) and the visuals were amazing even on vita. Looks like the omega version was really well upgraded from what I can see. Better than I was expecting.

dontmindlosing
25th May 2017, 08:49 PM
I'm just loving this period of anticipation. Reminds me of the days of Pure. And Pulse. And HD. And Fury. And 2048.

All the possibility. All the music. All the speed.

Racingfan
25th May 2017, 09:55 PM
So 2048 is stuck with the 2048 hud or is it confirmed that you can swap it?

Hasnt been confirmed yet but i hope it can be played with other HUD's

yeah 2048 is fun game :D

way better now with 60 fps+ racebox+online racebox etc etc

Cheapether
26th May 2017, 12:18 AM
While the lack of custom soundtrack support is unfortunate, I'm honestly fine with the introduction of a new soundtrack. I figure it's just that many more tracks that I can associate with the series. It might end up being a breath of fresh air to go along with the spruced up visuals.

Meanwhile, I'm still just sitting over here wondering if we'll hear anything additional about the Van-Uber craft, at least in regards to stats, before release. Tigron had its reveal, complete with plenty of pomp and circumstance. The Van-Uber's been a handful of still images so far, with no mention of stat allocation. Like I said a few pages ago, I'd like to know niche this craft will fill in the team roster, without creating too much redundancy.

OBH
26th May 2017, 09:18 AM
I know a lot of people are disappointed with it, but I'm surprised so many people expected custom soundtrack support, considering you can only play mp3's from a USB storage device on the PS4 anyway.

I'm feeling a WZ Spotify playlist in the making :beer

AdHoc
26th May 2017, 09:58 AM
Any chance you can play your custom music from the USB storage in the background while playing a game?

I can’t imagine that’s possible, but it would be nicer than having to play music simultaneously on another device.

OBH
26th May 2017, 10:16 AM
I think Spotify is the only media that can play in the background on the PS4.

AdHoc
26th May 2017, 10:19 AM
I believe you can add your own MP3 files to Spotify, yeah?

That would solve the problem.

If yes, do you get ads every 5 minutes with a free account, even if it’s your custom music?

OBH
26th May 2017, 10:47 AM
No chance. It would completely defy the point of their pay-to-stream service if you could simply upload your own tunes.

Regarding ads, Premium is obviously without ads, but free is a bit random. Sometimes you don't get any for ages, sometimes its after every single song.

YouTube obviously still wont introduce background media due to legal reasons as it is technically only a video player, and other music streaming services like Soundcloud still haven't developed an app for consoles, so Spotify Premium is currently the only way to get uninterrupted background music that I know of.

AdHoc
26th May 2017, 10:59 AM
This is what I was referring to: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Not uploading, just using local files.

My brother had his whole collection of MP3s on his tablet/smartphone and used Spotify to make playlists and play them. This works on PC, Android and Apple devices.

So, unlikely on the PS4, but if anyone could confirm it isn’t possible from a local USB drive, that would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3drdw2/how_can_i_play_my_local_files_from_spotify_on_my/

What you can do is download the spotify desktop application, drag your songs to that and then be able to play them on your PS4.

use the pc version, make a new playlist folder, drag your local files music to that playlist. Then on your phone (spotify app) find your playlist and play your music. Hit the music icon thing to stream those songs to the ps4.

Another option is to just use the USB music player. Load up whatever you want on a stick and it controls the same way (background).

But it seems to be streaming, so you’d still need your PC turned on? Ughhhh.

Will have to do some experimenting.

Sausehuhn
26th May 2017, 11:28 AM
I’m amazed at what the PS4 can’t do. I must admit I didn’t do too much research before I bought mine, because it’s there for Omega Collection first and foremost. So really no way around buying it, no matter the shortcomings. But I was really surprised to find out the PS4 cannot play PS1 games or any CD for that matter (seems like it is indeed now considered a legacy format). I was also under the impression one could easily copy music to the PS4’s hard drive. Maybe I’m spoiled by the PS3.

Oh well. USB drive it is then!

Racingfan
26th May 2017, 12:46 PM
Theres a media player app for free in the PS store that lets you play mp3 tracks from your usb, but you cant save them to your HDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

i recorded the dynamic theme of omega with the PS3 version of the main menu music using media player... works well :D

AdHoc
26th May 2017, 12:48 PM
And does it allow you to play your music in the background while playing a game?

If yes, we’re golden.

Racingfan
26th May 2017, 12:54 PM
Yes, i played table top racing using a playlist of old wipeout musics and plays good

just mute the music ingame to play your playlist

AdHoc
26th May 2017, 01:00 PM
Perfect. Don’t know what all the fuss was about then :p

MAMUTH
26th May 2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but i don't think that's going to work in zone :(

Racingfan
26th May 2017, 01:22 PM
you mean the zone visuals when using media player music? it wont

MAMUTH
26th May 2017, 01:27 PM
Yes, that's what I meant. Too bad I won't be able to zone out to M.I.S.T. - smart systems anymore :(

blackwiggle
26th May 2017, 01:45 PM
Theres a media player app for free in the PS store that lets you play mp3 tracks from your usb, but you cant save them to your HDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

i recorded the dynamic theme of omega with the PS3 version of the main menu music using media player... works well :D

But a system update made attaching a USB HD for backup possible, the PS4 system software should realize this and so make it possible to play MP3's loaded on it

OBH
26th May 2017, 02:06 PM
No idea about the app, but the PS4 OS will let you play mp3s on USB storage, just not in the background.

Concealed Sequence
26th May 2017, 03:57 PM
I've been listening to the omega soundtrack on Spotify while playing 2048 on the vita and its starting to grow on me.

Force Ten
26th May 2017, 05:08 PM
Gahhhhhh pity about Zone mode visuals not working with anything not from within the game itself (I asked about this a few pages ago but w/e...). I wasn't too attached to the soundtrack from the stream but idk, maybe it'll grow on me, who knows.

multibodydynamics
26th May 2017, 07:38 PM
The perfect way to celebrate!

Silverstream
27th May 2017, 11:36 AM
I'm glad the soundtrack isn't overly reliant on tunes from previous games. It's nice to have something new to listen to while racing and I'm sure some of the new crop will become WipEout classics in their own right.

Having said that, how good was that megamix which kicked off the stream the other day? Haven't felt a nostalgia overload like that in a long time!

Dawn_Fire_
27th May 2017, 11:42 AM
I've now listened to the full official soundtrack, and it's fine.

Watching the stream (and missing the bit at the start when they said they were doing an old school mix) i just got super hyped they were maybe doing a classic soundtrack, which would have been incredible. It was perfect!

But yeah, the actual soundtrack is alright, and like others have said, custom is always available. :)

Racingfan
27th May 2017, 02:03 PM
i hope the random leaderboard glitches for single race boards is fixed in omega collection

i just did a good run on chenghou project phantom single race and im in top 7000 :lol

anyway not to long left! 9 days and 12 hours till it unlocks for NA buyers :D

XxSuperRyugaxX
27th May 2017, 03:33 PM
Well yeah I hope all the leaderboards are fixed now ( I guess so! ) Zone mode boards were also bugged

MegaGeeza22
29th May 2017, 09:17 AM
I can't wait for this, I bought a ps4 especially for this game, I look forward to racing with you guys again!

AdHoc
29th May 2017, 12:16 PM
Excited as well, although buying a PS4 feels like an actual chore. As in, I put "buy ps4" next to "vacuum" and "wax boots" on my calendar.

Plus I really have better things to do than to play video games. Ahhhh my life is so hard, first world probems etc.

Cheapether
29th May 2017, 09:47 PM
Alright, so I went ahead and personally contacted Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC’s Consumer Services Department, regarding the inclusion of the Van-Uber ship in both digital and physical copies of the game. I presented what is listed on Playstation.com’s GB and US sites – the GB site explicitly lists the Van-Uber as a digital exclusive, while the US site details that the Van-Uber is included in both the digital and physical standard copies. The statement from Sony is that what is listed on both https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/ and https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/ is correct; there will be differences in content between NA and GB versions of the game when purchased as a physical copy, as well as the known differences in packaging.

So, there it is. Here’s hoping Sony was being forthright on the subject.

blackwiggle
29th May 2017, 10:39 PM
The only question that really needs to be answered is WHY?

Why complicate matters ?, Why confuse people ? [even their own employees ] Why the late addition of the Classic Cover and Why wasn't it made available as a preorder and in all regions ? Why wasn't the Steelbox made available in all regions ?

Why am I not surprised ?..... I can answer that one...Sony's track record.

Are we eventually going to get another PULSE DLC situation? Where DLC is available in one region and not in another.

Kurlija
29th May 2017, 11:07 PM
Thanks for checking and clearing that up for the rest of us. But yeh, kinda ridiculous that it even got to that.

Racingfan
29th May 2017, 11:13 PM
another competition... exclusive again in germany... cmon.... you know how badly i want a wipeout themed ps4?

https://www.playstation.com/de-de/campaigns/-mywipeoutid/?emcid=or-st-106191#sf82917219

Cheapether
29th May 2017, 11:36 PM
I aggree; it is ridiculous that it came to that. What's more is that during this 20+ minute phone call - yeah, it took over 20 minutes to answer a simple question - I didn't get the impression that the information regarding in-game content was easy to obtain for even Sony's customer service personnel. Even after getting the statement that the information of the the NA and GB sites was, if fact, correct, there's still a lingering paranoia that I'm going to get my copy on the 6th and Van-Uber will be absent. Sony has done little to foster trust in the customer base, at least in my opinion.

I told them I would hold them at their word. I also made a point to tell them how unsettling it was that there were ardent supporters of the series who'd purchases as many as three different copies of the game via pre-order, yet were still unsure as to the sum of the content for which they had paid. The whole ordeal is literally fascinating to me.

Racingfan
29th May 2017, 11:42 PM
looks like they confirmed van uber is available for physical copies in US and asia

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/868763076216197120

Cheapether
30th May 2017, 12:38 AM
Good find, my friend. I did not see that buried in their twitter feed. Could've saved me a phone call X^D

Oh, well - good to hear it from the horse's mouth, either way.

blackwiggle
30th May 2017, 05:39 AM
I think there is some sort of Omega Pack related comp running in the PS4 'Driving & Racing' game section of the UK Playstation forum, it's a 'Are you a Wipeout Expert ?' sort of comp.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Driving-Racing/bd-p/149

Hellfire_WZ
30th May 2017, 07:13 AM
That was just a little quiz put out on Twitter a few days ago. No competition attached to it, just a bit of fun

For the record, I got all 8 ;)

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 09:47 AM
Just a quick note on the pre-order stuff:

Basically, I've been trying to get a defacto answer to "what version comes with what" - and it's honestly like trying to untie a ball of string.

Sony works with three different regions, and three different marketing departments, who have different priorities, opinions and strategies.
So bits of content for games in one region are important whereas they aren't in others. (And then other things are important based on that particular regions desires)

So, Don't take my word for it but I believe the VU ship comes with all non-European versions of the game (whether that is on-disc, or via a leaflet code, I don't know) -

In Europe, the only way to get the Van Uber ship is to pre-order via PSN.

As I say, this is to my knowledge as far as it goes. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm trying to get more accurate info for you guys.

blackwiggle
30th May 2017, 01:13 PM
He mate, nobody at this forum will ever blame anybody at Clever Beans for anything.
Seems you have been quitely and hopefully expecting a fun filled and joyus release of the Omega Pack, but have since run into the [no other word for it] 'Nastiness' that is Sony Legal.

The Dept within Sony that produces NOTHING, and has been the Nemesis of a once great company.

You can trace the demise of Sony by simply tracing the rise of Sony Corporate legal....that is a fact, just ask any Stock Broker

silverstone
30th May 2017, 02:16 PM
the sound effects in 2048 seem rather bland in omega collection, if this is anything to go by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMKTsooiiNg

they sound like slightly modified HD sounds, which is a real shame given the 2048 sound effects were incredible imho.

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 03:25 PM
I only heard the new cannon sound and shooting rocket sound and i love it :D

but im not sure about the other sounds, too hard for me to hear because of commentary

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for double post, but wanted to post that wipeout omega collection trophy list is now live

https://www.exophase.com/game/wipeout-omega-collection-psn/trophies/

Thank you so much for removing the bling brigade trophy cb!

edit: i got 32.11 on zico 2048 challenge on second lap ;)

@notenoughred The elite campaign trophy, does that include fury campaign too? hope it does because its harder IMO!

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 03:37 PM
<snip>
Thank you so much for removing the bling brigade trophy cb!

You're welcome.. We hated it too.

edit: i got 32.11 on zico 2048 challenge on second lap ;)

Are you sure? On what platform? Vita? If so, you've played Downtown far too much.

@notenoughred The elite campaign trophy, does that include fury campaign too? hope it does because its harder IMO!

Yes

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 03:40 PM
One more question, the elite pass every event includes A+ too?

Yes, but i have played 2048 so much, like 200+ hours on it. if i was zico it be 31 seconds :lol

edit: Yes, vita

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 03:42 PM
One more question, the elite pass every event includes A+ too?

Yes

Yes, but i have played 2048 so much, like 200+ hours on it. if i was zico it be 31 seconds :lol
edit: Yes, vita

What Racing Class?

We set the trophy for that challenge as "very hard but doable after a lot of practise". Stay tuned for something else regarding this. :)

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 03:45 PM
A class :P the record for feisar speed is 31.42 on top 8 times

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 03:58 PM
.... Stay tuned... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sony got a guy called Dead End Thrills (you may have heard of him) to take some screenshots of Wipeout Omega:

Just thought I'd post them here:

http://deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=158

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:02 PM
Btw, did the level 50 requirements change? (3.7m XP i believe) if theres no online campaign mode to get XP (elite passes) that trophy will take a very long time. after you elite passed everything on 2048 campaign, you will be level 25-28

edit: awesome pictures :D

JFthebestJan
30th May 2017, 04:02 PM
Had a quick look at the trophy list, just 2 or so completely new trophies, the rest is a mixture of hd+2048. Why just 35 trophies? Both original games had 50+ trophies each, a possible DLC on the horizon ?!

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:04 PM
The trophy list uses a decent amount of gold, and silver trophies

gold is like 90 points? and silver maybe 50? bronze is 20 i think?

the limit of trophy points is around 1.2k

also i notice on psnprofiles they are "NOOO ZICO" :lol

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 04:06 PM
"Btw, did the level 50 requirements change? (3.7m XP i believe) if theres no online campaign mode to get XP (elite passes) that trophy will take a very long time. after you elite passed everything on 2048 campaign, you will be level 25-28"

Yes - they've changed. (the grind has been largely removed)

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:07 PM
thank you very much :D

JFthebestJan
30th May 2017, 04:14 PM
...gold is like 90 points? and silver maybe 50? bronze is 20 i think?...

Platinum = 180 / Gold = 90 / Silver = 30 / Bronze = 15 ;)

chalovak
30th May 2017, 04:14 PM
Feels like this trophy list is incomplete, otherwise I don't see why there are no trophies for a fury campaign... Or omega doesn't have a fury campaign... hmm?

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:15 PM
It does have a fury campaign.

thanks JF

Hybrid Divide
30th May 2017, 04:15 PM
@NotEnoughRed
Thanks for trying to clear things up with Sony regarding what comes with what version of the game.

Can you also forward the opinion that having stuff only come with one version of the game over another (physical vs digital, and this includes pre-order stuff!) isn't a good thing to practice? Of course, pre-order bonuses are fine. BUT we shouldn't have to pre-order both physical AND digital just to get everything. That seems a bit much. But thank you again for keeping us informed! :D

NotEnoughRed
30th May 2017, 04:21 PM
Feels like this trophy list is incomplete, otherwise I don't see why there are no trophies for fury campaign... Or omega doesn't have fury campaign... hmm?

It does have trophies for the fury campaign, and Omega has the Fury campaign in it's entirety :)

Elite Campaign Legend = HD/Fury
Campaign Legend = HD/Fury
Impact= Fury
Turbulence = Fury
Corruption = Fury
Aftermath = Fury

- - - Updated - - -

@NotEnoughRed
Thanks for trying to clear things up with Sony regarding what comes with what version of the game.

Can you also forward the opinion that having stuff only come with one version of the game over another (physical vs digital, and this includes pre-order stuff!) isn't a good thing to practice? Of course, pre-order bonuses are fine. BUT we shouldn't have to pre-order both physical AND digital just to get everything. That seems a bit much. But thank you again for keeping us informed! :D

As a matter of personal opinion - These are the days we live in... I don't make the rules :(

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:21 PM
Two trophies i wish it was in omega :P

Reach zone 100

Reach level 30 in online

;)

chalovak
30th May 2017, 04:23 PM
Thanks for clearing this up. I guess I missed it somehow. Anyway, I am ready for these trophies, just got Transcendence for PS3 WipEout the other day. And 2048 was completed years ago)

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:34 PM
I wonder if the walls in modesto forward+reverse detonator is fixed, this is the hardest event to gold on elite because the bullets dont reflect at walls

fyi this only happens on 2048 version, this event is actually very easy on ps3 version

imo on ps3 version, tech de ra reverse detonator is hardest

JFthebestJan
30th May 2017, 04:45 PM
...I wonder if the walls in modesto forward+reverse detonator is fixed, this is the hardest event to gold on elite because the bullets dont reflect at walls...

Im sure CB remastered the PS3 version, not the PSVita version of HD/Fury.
One thing that bugs me is 'Zone Battle', will it run fluid? On PS3 it suffered from horrible frame drops, especially in 'Single Player'.

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 04:50 PM
destroyed zico's time more :D

sub 31 possible, and missed two pads too

dontmindlosing
30th May 2017, 05:08 PM
PSA: If you haven't listened to the #WipEoutLive mix yet, you have only a couple days left. It is well worth a listen:
https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/867295904709193728

Snakenator1
30th May 2017, 05:11 PM
Yes - they've changed. (the grind has been largely removed)

Hallelujah to that and no more bling brigade!! :D
Overall I am very happy with the trophy list, some new ones to try out and some familiar trophies that'll be easy to collect. Beat Zico HD, easy peasy ;)

Definitely gonna be hooked for hours!

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 05:12 PM
Why? is it because of licensing?

dontmindlosing
30th May 2017, 05:16 PM
^ I would imagine so.

Hellfire_WZ
30th May 2017, 05:20 PM
Oh god, elite pass all A+ challenges... that gave me bloody nightmares in 2048, the AI were absolutely brutal!

Snakenator1
30th May 2017, 05:27 PM
^ Some were definitely harder than others, I believe the hardest was Queens Mall as the AI rubber-banded like there was no tomorrow. But Empire Climb was stupidly easy IMO.

The PS4 controller will make the events easier. Holding the vita and trying to control the ships with that tiny analog stick for 10 consecutive laps was a struggle.

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 05:32 PM
AG systems speed is the best ship for a+ :D

Linkinito
30th May 2017, 06:43 PM
Can't wait to tackle these new challenges, having 100%'ed Wipeout HD but didn't have a Vita and therefore never had 2048 (even though I had my hands on it on some occasions).

Kinda bummed to see only one platinum, but hey, still a pretty nice list overall. I'd have liked a bit more new trophies.

Racingfan
30th May 2017, 08:43 PM
Hey again @notenoughred

can you reconfirm about elite campaign legend trophy again?

i noticed the description for elite campaign legend says "Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty"

the campaign legend trophy says "Obtain a gold medal for every cell in the HD and Fury Campaigns"

So do you need Both HD and fury elite gold everything for elite campaign trophy? or do you only need elite gold on races? so no detonator etc etc?

thanks

XxSuperRyugaxX
30th May 2017, 08:52 PM
Ohhh yeah nice! Now we're getting a lot of fun!
Come on guys! 7/8 days to release :hyper

Cipher
30th May 2017, 08:56 PM
What's with all this hate for the Bling Brigade trophy?
Yeah, it became harder and harder to achieve as the game grew older, but it was a trophy that brought the community together, creating chat rooms to organise meet ups, which would get pilots into touch with one another and just have a great time with some normal races as well.
I would've never been a part of this community if it weren't for the bling brigade trophy, it's the reason i signed up here, and from thereon out got in touch with a whole bunch of new pilots, over a handful of which i've now also met IRL.
Kind of a bummer imho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

deaddoctor2010
30th May 2017, 11:01 PM
I kinda want more Beat Zico style trophies. One for each Track or Team.

multibodydynamics
30th May 2017, 11:34 PM
I just did 50 laps on Downtown A-class with Feisar Speed. Best time:33.36, and that was a fairly perfect lap. I used DS4 on PSTV. Unless there are gonna be differencies between PS4 and PSTV affecting lap times or I just didn't find the best route around the course (might be possible, I don't know) or this trophy is gonna cause some serious trouble for people!!! :) At this point I can't see sub 32.5 as even remotely possible, and I barrell rolled wherever possible (yes, even at the very start of the lap).
Oh my, oh my. This is gonna be something!! Ha ha!! Insane!

scalliano
30th May 2017, 11:39 PM
There is a difference between Vita and PS4, namely framerate. If everything else is the same as 2048, you'll find it way easier.

multibodydynamics
31st May 2017, 12:01 AM
I sure hope so! During these circumstances I would hate to try and shave of 0.86 seconds. We'll see... I should add that my PB is 33.32 and that got me to 61st place on the world record table so 33.36 is not a bad lap time at all.

Racingfan
31st May 2017, 12:37 AM
Just did 31.26 zico challenge :P

sub 31 still possible for me, but having a good racing line on vita is hard IMO

edit: where do you BR? its possible to do a triple BR at the end, but its a bit tricky at higher classes.

i record a clip of zico run as soon i get the game.

multibodydynamics
31st May 2017, 01:21 AM
I make a total of 7 barrel rolls. Shaved it to 33.22 but that is the best I can do. I might try it on Vita tomorrow.

KazzyMac
31st May 2017, 02:36 AM
one week to go hypeeeeee

Thanks for posting that trophy list. I'm 50/50 glad to see Bling Brigade gone, and sad to see it gone too. Didn't know there was a Beat Zico for 2048, that's gonna be fun... heh.

Bring on Tuesday night!

chalovak
31st May 2017, 06:34 AM
Beat Zico 2048 was much more easier than its HD counterpart, and I believe with dualshock it will be easier even more in Omega.
What really bugs me here (well in a good way) is Elite Campaign Trophy: do we really need to Elite both HD and Fury campaigns? If yes, then Oh, Lord! Never been good at Detonator and Zone Battle events.
But what great about WipEout is that you really feel when you are progressing. So I guess even these events can be perfected. )

Blackcat
31st May 2017, 08:24 AM
Hi,everyone

I want ask some question for Hellfire

Few month ago,i got news wipEout Omega like you guys,it's important for me because i'm almost 50 and back to 2012 sony shut studio liverpool...in that time i'm very sad

I even think maybe i can't see wipEout back after death (well,that's pretty negative thinking)

After i watch two offical Trailer...i make a rough re-edit Trailer
https://youtu.be/yeAq4GTwnVs

it's fun thing change music that change every feeling in original trailer

I'm wipEout fan from Taiwan,Traditional Chinese is my native language.

but in Asia...wipEout series didn't have high reputation,it's just...no one care,i don't see anyone write guide or make video in our language even discussion

So i decide stand up,write guide and make good tutorial using our language

All i want is let more Asia player know this game,and maybe got more Asia new pilot join.

From now,i already write two guide they will become more complete in future (my original plan is two guide and one video)

If anyone can read Traditional Chinese you can go here (https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=08052&snA=25&tnum=1) and here (https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=08052&snA=26&tnum=1)

And last thing is what i want ask is about tutorial video,you did make some good example for tutorial

may i use same idea? I mean same track spot using air-brake or pitch etc.

Of course video clip edit and voice comment record and edit all by my self.

what software you use ? i use Vegas.

That's all for now,Hellfire you are pretty good i know you got "unfinished business" with 2048,lol

Let's keep up together !

Hellfire_WZ
31st May 2017, 08:42 AM
Hey there, that's a really good project you've got going there! Best of luck with it :)

If you're planning to do a similar video that would be brilliant. Do feel free to use mine for ideas. I use Adobe Premiere to edit mine.

Good luck with it all!

nu9get
31st May 2017, 08:53 AM
i use Vegas pro 13, go for Vegas it is good software :) Perfect for editing

NotEnoughRed
31st May 2017, 09:07 AM
Hey again @notenoughred

can you reconfirm about elite campaign legend trophy again?

i noticed the description for elite campaign legend says "Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty"

the campaign legend trophy says "Obtain a gold medal for every cell in the HD and Fury Campaigns"

So do you need Both HD and fury elite gold everything for elite campaign trophy? or do you only need elite gold on races? so no detonator etc etc?

thanks

It means every event.. (including detonator)

- - - Updated - - -

^ Some were definitely harder than others, I believe the hardest was Queens Mall as the AI rubber-banded like there was no tomorrow. But Empire Climb was stupidly easy IMO.

The PS4 controller will make the events easier. Holding the vita and trying to control the ships with that tiny analog stick for 10 consecutive laps was a struggle.

The entire Wipeout 2048 campaign has been re-balanced for difficulty... the joypad, and frame rate made it far too easy.. We've made the A+ challenges even harder. ;)

Hellfire_WZ
31st May 2017, 09:09 AM
We've made the A+ challenges even harder. ;)

*coughBASTARDScough* :lol

NotEnoughRed
31st May 2017, 09:24 AM
Hi,everyone

I want ask some question for Hellfire

Few month ago,i got news wipEout Omega like you guys,it's important for me because i'm almost 50 and back to 2012 sony shut studio liverpool...in that time i'm very sad

I even think maybe i can't see wipEout back after death (well,that's pretty negative thinking)

After i watch two offical Trailer...i make a rough re-edit Trailer
https://youtu.be/yeAq4GTwnVs

it's fun thing change music that change every feeling in original trailer

I'm wipEout fan from Taiwan,Traditional Chinese is my native language.

but in Asia...wipEout series didn't have high reputation,it's just...no one care,i don't see anyone write guide or make video in our language even discussion

So i decide stand up,write guide and make good tutorial using our language

All i want is let more Asia player know this game,and maybe got more Asia new pilot join.

From now,i already write two guide they will become more complete in future (my original plan is two guide and one video)

If anyone can read Traditional Chinese you can go here (https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=08052&snA=25&tnum=1) and here (https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=08052&snA=26&tnum=1)

And last thing is what i want ask is about tutorial video,you did make some good example for tutorial

may i use same idea? I mean same track spot using air-brake or pitch etc.

Of course video clip edit and voice comment record and edit all by my self.

what software you use ? i use Vegas.

That's all for now,Hellfire you are pretty good i know you got "unfinished business" with 2048,lol

Let's keep up together !

Hi Blackcat -

You'll be glad to know, we're just converting the game into traditional chinese. :) (for the first time ever) - hope we got our translations correct! :)

- - - Updated - - -

*coughBASTARDScough* :lol

I'm kinda nervous because I'm actually responsible for setting the difficulty of everything. I'd consider myself an "average" Wipeout player.... so you guys will probably find most things quite easy...

except there's some stuff I can't come close to winning........... ;) We did it very scientifically with all of Sony's QA department (who are...... well.. "above average" Wipeout players!) - as you'll see on the blank leaderboards on day 1 I expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did 31.26 zico challenge :P

sub 31 still possible for me, but having a good racing line on vita is hard IMO

edit: where do you BR? its possible to do a triple BR at the end, but its a bit tricky at higher classes.

i record a clip of zico run as soon i get the game.

That's an insane time on the Vita...

This Zico 2048 trophy was very carefully balanced so that "normal" players can achieve it after a lot of practise. The original Vita challenge (on Altima) was far far too easy and during development we felt that downtown was a better track for gameplay reasons. So we went with that, and over the months of development, we had a mini-time trial tournament to get the best time.

Because we want to make sure the trophy is achievable for "normal" players, we then added some time onto the best time... I'd expect anyone who's played the WO2048 game on Vita to be able to get within 1 second of it pretty quickly, but a complete newb will struggle for a fair few hours. The original HD Beat Zico challenge is unchanged, (and in my opinion way too hard for "normal" players)

I have something lined up for the expert players, but I don't want to say any more yet except "stay tuned" :)

chalovak
31st May 2017, 09:33 AM
@NotEnoughRed I do have a feeling that there are some surprises in your sleeve (or sleeves) waiting for us. Can't wait.

UB3R~JKP
31st May 2017, 09:35 AM
Trophy list looks achievable. I'm glad Bling Brigade is no more, that was a total pain!

Blackcat
31st May 2017, 10:00 AM
@Hellfire_WZ

nice,thank you very much

@nu9get

Yeah,Vegas Pro 13 is pretty neat.

@NotEnoughRed

Yes,i know there is traditional chinese in Asia version,and i'm looking forward it

This could make my guide more easy to explain and understand

Snakenator1
31st May 2017, 10:14 AM
We've made the A+ challenges even harder. ;)

:eek This trophy list is gonna take a little while.
That's a thought then, have you reworked or changed the AI for HD/Fury then? I always thought they were too easy after a while.

@Blackcat: when I logged in and went to the activity stream, I just saw the same avatar as me and panicked thinking someone hacked my account and tried to impersonate me. But then I actually checked and saw the different username. Silly me haha :lol
Welcome to the forum!

EDIT: I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the 2097 and WO3 HUDs are unlockables in the game (https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/869844974690586624)

blackwiggle
31st May 2017, 10:45 AM
I just started a few of those A+ races last night on the Beta :eek:brickwall

Just a bit of a heads up, I found that the PS4 controllers chew through a battery charge faster than a PS3 controller, so if I know I'm likely to be having a pretty long session, I'll play with a long USB cable plugged into the PS4......Now I'm not 100% certain about this, but at the A and A+ speed classes, I seem to find them a tad easier with the controller plugged in like this, it's as if there is a slight delay using the controller wireless, which is a bit strange as I thought the PS4 controller worked wirelessly regardless on if it was plugged in or not.....anyway, It's something you might want to try out for yourselves in a few days time.....maybe it was just my adrenaline levels being higher at the time.

One thing for sure, the A and A+ speed classes are sure in your face, Subway track especially.

KazzyMac
31st May 2017, 11:12 AM
You might just have a bad signal to your PS4.

When it's plugged in it can send inputs via the USB cable (You can test this because it works 'out the box' on PC as a joypad, though very few games automagically recognise it as a DS4 :( ), but from my testing with bluetooth on my PC the latency was sporadic.

It's supposed to stay under 10ms but sometimes for me it would be around 1.8-2.4ms input latency and then sometimes it would be maybe 100-200ms, which is far too much. I'd have to disconnect and reconnect it maybe 3, 4 times before it would 'settle' and sync at a usable latency. It might just be, like I said, you're a bit too far away from the PS4 and it's dropping the signal a little bit. Maybe turning it off and back on again a few times might work.

I suspect the latency is still higher than via USB anyway, and yeah, the batteries in the DS4 are pretty dire. I've got maybe five or six micro-USB cables littered around my room just so I've always got one nearby to plug in if I need to, haha.

Hope that helps. :) I've had a PS4 for a while, haha.

(( Sidenote: if you want to use the DS4 on your PC, google DS4Windows. It's a standalone 'emulator' that maps the pad as an Xbox 360 pad so it works in games. Also lets you map the clicky touch pad to mouse input. It's really good, I play Spelunky with it :) ))

blackwiggle
31st May 2017, 11:34 AM
OH, your a legend, just what I need to play the full version of Formula Fusion which is released tomorrow.:+

I have a Xpox controller, but I loath it.

It's gone from a drought to a flood AG racing wise, with two games released within days of each other.

EDIT: [And slightly off topic I admit] I just got the heads up that "Officially" Formula Fusion will have [Probably HOTAS Warthog, maybe Steering wheel ? ] support, which means it will work on your PS4's as well.....that's if you want to try something other than a bog standard controller for AG Racing......hell, we haven't had that since the NegCon.

Esca
31st May 2017, 12:22 PM
Hello, i was wondering if the Zico Cheat (unfortunately very easy to perform) was removed from the Omega Collection ?

ADMIN EDIT - Please do not publicly share links to glitches and exploits that could result in leaderboards being broken. I would strongly advise you to PM NotEnoughRed or Mooney with the link and make sure they are aware. It's okay if it's been fixed, but not while it may potentially still be active.

Racingfan
31st May 2017, 12:38 PM
i don't think its allowed to post these videos here

but yeah, i know that one, maybe its fixed, maybe not

welcome to wz :)

blackwiggle
31st May 2017, 12:40 PM
Probably not

Racingfan
31st May 2017, 12:41 PM
even if the glitch exists still, there isnt any glitches for downtown zico

Hellfire_WZ
31st May 2017, 12:53 PM
Esca, send the link to either NotEnoughRed or Mooney so they can investigate. I'll try this with the beta in a while and see if it's still doable.

blackwiggle
31st May 2017, 01:05 PM
TBH I doubt any of the know Glitches have been patched, well those that weren't patched by SL when they had the chance to do so.

I noticed and commented on this to Hellfire when viewing some of the records.

I never played 2048 online, so I don't know what the problems were with the records [From PM's it seems there were many] .....only long term VITA 2048 players will notice any difference in the game, since I'm not one of them, I guess you will have to wait to find out for yourselves.

My only message to long time WO pilots, that missed 2048 is......You aren't going to be getting much sleep....very addictive once you hit A and A+ in Campaign....Craft selection in 2048 can make a bigger difference than in other WO games.

- - - Updated - - -

Esca, send the link to either NotEnoughRed or Mooney so they can investigate. I'll try this with the beta in a while and see if it's still doable.

How are you going to do that since there is No trophy currently available to glitch ?
I'll test it as well, might as well have two people doing it to compare notes

Racingfan
31st May 2017, 01:06 PM
2048 leaderboards only had one glitch. hd fury only had one glitch and thats single race and its also random glitch

2048 has a weird glitch that ends a race/tt after one lap, but this a extremely rare random glitch that only a few people had

rest of the modes in 2048 are all legit records tho

@wiggle

you can tell if its fixed by seeing if it has a respawn barrier or if it doesnt count as a lap

Hellfire_WZ
31st May 2017, 01:09 PM
How are you going to do that since there is No trophy currently available to glitch ?

The trophy will be triggered by a registered lap time in the final game. If that glitch causes a lap time to be registered then it can potentially be abused to break the leaderboards

blackwiggle
31st May 2017, 01:14 PM
2048 leaderboards only had one glitch. hd fury only had one glitch and thats single race and its also random glitch

2048 has a weird glitch that ends a race/tt after one lap, but this a extremely rare random glitch that only a few people had

rest of the modes in 2048 are all legit records tho

@wiggle

you can tell if its fixed by seeing if it has a respawn barrier or if it doesnt count as a lap

HD/FURY has/had more glitches than have been commonly revealed, for obvious reasons.
They were reported, in a sort of 'Due Diligence' ethos to Studio Liverpool when found by forum members

Racingfan
31st May 2017, 02:00 PM
I have something lined up for the expert players, but I don't want to say any more yet except "stay tuned" :)

Can't wait ;)

i agree altima was way too easy :p

It means every event.. (including detonator)

The entire Wipeout 2048 campaign has been re-balanced for difficulty... the joypad, and frame rate made it far too easy.. We've made the A+ challenges even harder. ;)

glad to see all of hd and fury requires elite now :)

traksta1
31st May 2017, 02:08 PM
Well okeydokey then. After much prevarication have just pre-ordered the game from Amazon. Hopefully lobbies and stuff will work better than they did in the latter days of PS3 (which shouldn't be difficult tbh) and I will get to see all you on track soon!.

Ace3000
1st June 2017, 05:52 AM
My PS4 is bought and set-up, communities joined, and the most important part, Omega Collection preordered!

...although, I don't seem to have the themes. Would I get them when the game comes out?

Justice & Curtains
1st June 2017, 06:03 AM
If you're in eu, I think that you get the themes on release day (In US they get it immediately after purchase ): ).

Ace3000
1st June 2017, 06:09 AM
Okay, fair enough. Thanks!

NotEnoughRed
1st June 2017, 10:06 AM
Re: Zico HD Glitch

A very kind forum member E-mailed me a YouTube link to this glitch a long time ago... (about a week after we announced the game) so we know about it...
The weird thing about glitches is I'm not going to comment whether we fixed it or not because doing so may tempt people into trying to do it, and finding another glitch... Which kind of defeats the point! :) it becomes like glitch-whack-a-mole....

This one was considered very high priority as it was trophy related.. (as well as leader board breaking)

Also, we have much better tools for cleaning up nefarious leader board entries nowadays...

Snakenator1
1st June 2017, 10:39 AM
Sony Playstation released a short little video about the game and the franchise history on their Facebook page. Its got our favourite people in it too! :D

EDIT - Just do what Charlie said lol

Hellfire_WZ
1st June 2017, 10:58 AM
Check the Announcements forum people ;)

Blackcat
1st June 2017, 11:15 AM
@blackwiggle

If you use "Old DS4" Controller a.k.a. CHU-ZCT1

It's stupidly always using Bluetooth communication even you use USB cable connect PS4 to charge controller.

BUT

If you use "New DS4" Controller a.k.a. CHU-ZCT2

You can change communication method via PS4 setting menu

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

Hope this info help you deal with delay problem

Racingfan
1st June 2017, 11:16 AM
Just got a shipping notification about wipeout omega collection :D

if im lucky, i get the game tomorrow, if not i wont for next 4 days :( (no saturday delivery anymore and bank holiday on monday)

JFthebestJan
1st June 2017, 12:14 PM
Re: Zico HD Glitch

A very kind forum member E-mailed me a YouTube link to this glitch a long time ago... (about a week after we announced the game) so we know about it...
The weird thing about glitches is I'm not going to comment whether we fixed it or not because doing so may tempt people into trying to do it, and finding another glitch... Which kind of defeats the point! :) it becomes like glitch-whack-a-mole....

This one was considered very high priority as it was trophy related.. (as well as leader board breaking)

Also, we have much better tools for cleaning up nefarious leader board entries nowadays...

That particular 'cheat zico' video is just the peak of the iceberg. I've uploaded some other videos with uber-shortcuts long time ago (hidden BSB). And i've found some new ones nobody has ever seen to this day. If you (Clever Beans / X-Dev) want to investigate further, i could tell you 'exactly' where to look at. ;)

Racingfan
1st June 2017, 12:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sBnbU9lOho

media kit unboxing for omega

why do the media get the awesome stuff :P

- - - Updated - - -

imo the anuplha uber shortcut is the worst one imo... it also has the chance to mess with the timer, other tracks dont have that no?

NotEnoughRed
1st June 2017, 12:23 PM
That particular 'cheat zico' video is just the peak of the iceberg. I've uploaded some other videos with uber-shortcuts long time ago (hidden BSB). And i've found some new ones nobody has ever seen to this day. If you (Clever Beans / X-Dev) want to investigate further, i could tell you 'exactly' where to look at. ;)

You can send them to me via PM if you'd like, although I've seen "Most" of them...

:)

blackwiggle
1st June 2017, 01:19 PM
Just got a shipping notification about wipeout omega collection :D

if im lucky, i get the game tomorrow, if not i wont for next 4 days :( (no saturday delivery anymore and bank holiday on monday)

But the servers won't be up, so it will be offline only play till they do, and I doubt the game will update Trophy info either since it's prior to official release day, you might run the risk of getting too far into the game and then when the trophy update does get downloaded to your console, the trophies might not unlock.....it's a risk.
You could always create a new user name and practice with that till release day

Racingfan
1st June 2017, 01:31 PM
I got a game a week early before and i could look at leaderboards/host lobbies no problem but there wasnt any people playing because it was too early (only 50 people on the leaderboards)

as for trophies, theyre already uploaded to the server now, if it wasnt they be uploaded once the trophy list is up :)
source: i played yakuza 0 english version before trophies were uploaded and i had no issues when syncing them to server when it was uploaded :)

JFthebestJan
1st June 2017, 03:23 PM
You can send them to me via PM if you'd like, although I've seen "Most" of them...

:)

Deal :cowboy

- - - Updated - - -

...imo the anuplha uber shortcut is the worst one imo... it also has the chance to mess with the timer, other tracks dont have that no?

there's another track/shortcut which damages the timer, but the other way around, it adds lots of seconds to your lap :D lap times of 2min+ :mr-t

miljoneir
1st June 2017, 08:05 PM
Sony Germany showed a drone made to look like the Tigron ship. They really are putting good effort in the series :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3-EBySsgk

Racingfan
1st June 2017, 08:16 PM
I agree! they have showed very good stuff for wipEout omega :)

blackwiggle
1st June 2017, 10:46 PM
Read post #37 from a post back in 2008.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?4938-I-m-making-one/page2

Unfortunately the video link in that post no longer works.

But it was similar to this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ez8dtyw_I

JABBERJAW
1st June 2017, 11:31 PM
It looks like they modded an X-Wing fighter toy

Racingfan
2nd June 2017, 10:10 AM
Omfg just got wipeout omega

theres some foil in the cover art which is so awesome :D

also theres a day 1 patch thats only 270mb. thank you cb for a small patch :D

as for whats inside, just like almost every aaa ps4 game, no manual, and warning at the back of the cover art

deaddoctor2010
2nd June 2017, 10:26 AM
Is the physical version playable then? (sorry if its been asked already)

NotEnoughRed
2nd June 2017, 10:46 AM
Is the physical version playable then? (sorry if its been asked already)

Yes.. If you're lucky enough to get an early copy, you can play it before the launch date.

However, we're going to wipe the leaderboards again before then so don't be too bothered about setting world records for now. :)

Hope you enjoy playing Racingfan / all!

Racingfan
2nd June 2017, 10:53 AM
The game feels like a dream, a+ is a dream and is soooooo awesome

as for patch notes, i saw there was a clean racing option, so i checked the online and i see a option like :O

i cant test it at the moment because nobody plays, i have two ps4 that i can test now but too lazy to set up :P

but thank you very much

please make wipEout 2297 ;)

im going to upload a video of a+ on downtown

Snakenator1
2nd June 2017, 10:55 AM
I'll still be at university when the game is released next Wednesday, the curse of living in halls. Ya'll will get to play the game a few days before me >.>

Hmmmmmm do I make the 2hrs 30min journey home just to play Wipeout over the weekend??

I think the answer is yes :D
I mean I will also spend time with family and friends, but........ Wipeout

chalovak
2nd June 2017, 11:06 AM
@NotEnoughRed Do you know what Digital Art-book is mentioned in PS Store pre-order? Will it be available for a physical copy of Omega? Is it a sort of thing that was in WipEout Pure with all these beautiful concept arts available after you'd golded any event? Or just a special section with WO art&stuff?
PS. I want it printed!!! :p

NotEnoughRed
2nd June 2017, 11:13 AM
@NotEnoughRed Do you know what Digital Art-book is mentioned in PS Store pre-order? Will it be available for a physical copy of Omega? Is it a sort of thing that was in WipEout Pure with all these beautiful concept arts available after you'd golded any event? Or just a special section with WO art&stuff?
PS. I want it printed!!! :p

:D - Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea regarding stuff "outside of the game" - so I'll be checking it out for the first time too.. :) -

chalovak
2nd June 2017, 11:29 AM
@Racingfan saw your video! the game is so fast Youtube can't handle it, which can't be said about you: your skills are just insane!

deaddoctor2010
2nd June 2017, 12:08 PM
Yes.. If you're lucky enough to get an early copy, you can play it before the launch date.

However, we're going to wipe the leaderboards again before then so don't be too bothered about setting world records for now. :)

Hope you enjoy playing Racingfan / all!

Ah cool, guess that makes me jelly of those who can play it atm.
Till i can play Omega i'm practicing on HD fury & 2048... having online issues on 2048 though, hate the 4 player required limit. please tell me that omega wont have this requirement.

btw, do you know if they fixed that apprent glitch were if you play 2-player split screen phantom elite race, idle player 1 and win the race as p2 the AL will be slower based on how fast p1 is moving?

NotEnoughRed
2nd June 2017, 01:08 PM
Ah cool, guess that makes me jelly of those who can play it atm.
Till i can play Omega i'm practicing on HD fury & 2048... having online issues on 2048 though, hate the 4 player required limit. please tell me that omega wont have this requirement.

btw, do you know if they fixed that apprent glitch were if you play 2-player split screen phantom elite race, idle player 1 and win the race as p2 the AL will be slower based on how fast p1 is moving?

The online requirement is now 2 players...

the other AI issue, I'll check it.

Also: Check out some cool concept artwork from the Wipeout Archives here:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/02/25-stunning-pieces-of-unseen-wipeout-concept-art-that-deserve-to-be-your-new-wallpaper/

JFthebestJan
2nd June 2017, 01:14 PM
live broadcast by racingfan just now !!! search feisar2097 on YouTube

deaddoctor2010
2nd June 2017, 01:24 PM
live broadcast by racingfan just now !!! search feisar2097 on YouTube

Watching it now... i commented "Hi".
I'm jelly at how good Feisar2097 is at the game... i can't do half of the barrel roles they pull off... and that zone score... wow

Justice & Curtains
2nd June 2017, 01:39 PM
Looking at what feisar2097's streaming at the moment, the game looks amazing, but I can't help but wonder if there'll be an option to turn the "3,2,1,go!" back to the original "beep" noises. (Also Racingfan you lucky son of a gun...)

Concealed Sequence
2nd June 2017, 04:07 PM
Truly a Wipeout God!!!

JFthebestJan
2nd June 2017, 08:08 PM
thx to racingfan we know that there's snow flying around at sebenco, different engine sounds, new announcer for each team, stunning visuals, and superfluid gameplay at 183+ zones!!! awesome streaming marathon, several hours nonstop xD

OBH
2nd June 2017, 10:52 PM
Much like the rest of the Wipeout community, the chat in these Omega streams are the politest and friendliest you're likely to find anywhere :beer

Racingfan
2nd June 2017, 11:57 PM
Just finished a 11 hour stream or something

to those who never played 2048... youre in for a treat... its like... wow i think i like it way better than hd/fury now

also i did a flawless meltdown on the stream and ended it with piranha on the tournament :)

tigron ship is really good and fun to use

zone mode in 2048 is super easy now, i bet you can get 150+ on every track, and i bet 250+ on sol

zone mode colors in hd from sub venom to mach has changed a bit, but no idea about supersonic

soundtracks is okay imo..
the day 1 patch added a "clean racing" mode in online, but im not sure what it does, and i cant check because nobody plays at the moment :P (its too early and max 20 people have the game at the moment) Can you explain this mode chris? :P
the leaderboards from each event in campaign in 2048 is still in, including prototype and a+ challenges :)

as for glitches, i only seen one glitch with the single player leaderboards. i noticed on two tracks i have a "--"--"--" and ranked 1 on leaderboard... and another one thats in 30 seconds lol

but other than that, no game breaking glitches or anything and the game is really smooth

Cheapether
3rd June 2017, 01:34 AM
Very interesting stream to watch. I'm not going to pretend like I'm not jealous :lol

Tigron looks fun, and thanks for the feedback on it. I'm eager to try out the new teams. Do you have access to the Van-Uber ship?

Great performance, by the way.

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 04:10 AM

to those who never played 2048... youre in for a treat... its like... wow i think i like it way better than hd/fury now

For the parts i watched, I loved watching you play... I keep wanting to ask whats your secret to being so good, but i think i already know the answer.

off the top of my head... a guess... I think clean racing mode is a weapons free mode... or a mode that is free from weapon spams. or perhaps a idle punishing mode that tells off people for being idle or... unfair.

____
Can't wait to play Omega... (i mean sure i can play 2048 + dlc on my vita and HD/Fury on my ps3... so not much new, but playing on PS4 in amazing graphics ((its always the graphics ain't it)) and challenging gameplay that will keep me playing for years to come... is worth it.)

KazzyMac
3rd June 2017, 05:02 AM
My guess is that Clean racing mode is weapons-free, but I could be wrong :v

Glad to hear Omega is as good as it should be, lol. I'm a little wary of watching your broadcast of the stream (I don't want to spoil myself :( ) but I did watch your video of the A+ event on Downtown. Holy disco barrel rolls, Batman.

Out of curiosity what airbrake settings are you using?

XxSuperRyugaxX
3rd June 2017, 05:50 AM

also i did a flawless meltdown on the stream and ended it with piranha on the tournament :)

tigron ship is really good and fun to use

zone mode in 2048 is super easy now, i bet you can get 150+ on every track, and i bet 250+ on sol

zone mode colors in hd from sub venom to mach has changed a bit, but no idea about supersonic

soundtracks is okay imo..
the day 1 patch added a "clean racing" mode in online, but im not sure what it does, and i cant check because nobody plays at the moment :P (its too early and max 20 people have the game at the moment) Can you explain this mode chris? :P
the leaderboards from each event in campaign in 2048 is still in, including prototype and a+ challenges :)

as for glitches, i only seen one glitch with the single player leaderboards. i noticed on two tracks i have a "--"--"--" and ranked 1 on leaderboard... and another one thats in 30 seconds lol

but other than that, no game breaking glitches or anything and the game is really smooth

Amazing skills buddy! You're so damn good, I think it will be super fun to play with you Online!

About that little glitch on leaderboards, maybe it's caused because the game is not released yet ( well at least I hope so ), NotEnoughRed said that on release they're gonna wipe all the records so.. let's wait NotEnoughRed for a better reply! Also I wonder if Zone Mode photo colour glitch and Syncopia on single races bugs are fixed now.. well I guess so!

blackwiggle
3rd June 2017, 06:39 AM
Out of curiosity what airbrake settings are you using?

The Air Brake settings are Global in the Omega Pack, so what might work on HD/FURY craft might need changing for the 2048 craft, not really much of a problem with Campaign or Racebox with any of the games, the only possible problem might be if you are playing online on the HD/FURY tracks and have your air brakes set for those craft, then want to race online with 2048 tracks and craft, you'll either have to keep the settings you have, or quit out of the online room and lobby, adjust your air brake settings, then go back online again.

Maybe some sort of game patch that could have air brake settings for 2048 craft remembered when using them, both online and off could be done ???
I suppose it will depend just how sensitive people find themselves with certain air brake settings dialed in from one craft type, then used on the other.

FunkyMunkyy
3rd June 2017, 08:01 AM
Was a great stream! You're insanely good, thanks for doing that for us. Hope your eyes/thumbs are ok :D Game looks so good! Were the 2048 'online' liveries unlocked straight away?

Blackcat
3rd June 2017, 08:12 AM
Really great stream and good skill :rock

Now i have clear picture how game look like

Especially i love that A.G.R.C Campaign page design,style and clean looking

As Chris mention that level system no more grind,it's really nice

and for AG Ship detail...it's gorgeous like dream come true

Strangely watching you play is increase my patient to wait Omega,very enjoy

But still,Can't wait to play Omega :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2017, 08:26 AM
Were the 2048 'online' liveries unlocked straight away?

Yes, they're unlocked from the start

FunkyMunkyy
3rd June 2017, 08:49 AM
Interesting! Guess we deserve them after the time and effort spent getting them the first time :)

NotEnoughRed
3rd June 2017, 09:05 AM

Hey, the stream was awesome, thanks for that, we had most of the Dev team watching and also the guys in Sony QA, (who were impressed with the skills, but also, very determined to beat your lap times!)

So, glitches first, could you email me a screenshot of the high score table that isn't working so we can check it? (I've sent you my email address via PM)

Pure Mode:
No weapons, no collisions, no energy cost for barrel rolls, and a boost gifted every lap. (Including, for the first time) 2048

Glad you're enjoying the game, :)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
3rd June 2017, 09:17 AM
Pure Mode:
No weapons, no collisions, no energy cost for barrel rolls, and a boost gifted every lap. (Including, for the first time)[/QUOTE]

Ok, now you got my attention :O thats what i've desired all the time while playing HD/Fury online. Damn... a real "green racing" online mode.
*starts heavy breathing*

Mooney
3rd June 2017, 09:23 AM
Pure Mode:
No weapons, no collisions, no energy cost for barrel rolls, and a boost gifted every lap. (Including, for the first time)

Ok, now you got my attention :O thats what i've desired all the time while playing HD/Fury online. Damn... a real "green racing" online mode.
*starts heavy breathing*[/QUOTE]

Pure racing is were its at ;)

JFthebestJan
3rd June 2017, 09:58 AM
pure racing mode makes my 'FX350 GP Series' idea obsolete :) which is a good thing.

@racingfan: congrats to your streaming marathon, that was the first time in my life, i watched a stream for more than just a few minutes ;) i was there for several hours! and i was there when you did the 183+ zones at sol, awesome stuff...

hmetal2001
3rd June 2017, 10:29 AM
Pure Mode:
No weapons, no collisions, no energy cost for barrel rolls, and a boost gifted every lap. (Including, for the first time) 2048

Now I can race while fasting for Ramadan! (Yes, I'm Muslim)

blackwiggle
3rd June 2017, 10:51 AM
Pure Mode:
No weapons, no collisions, no energy cost for barrel rolls, and a boost gifted every lap. (Including, for the first time)

*starts heavy breathing*[/QUOTE]

That sound's like Formula Fusion.....you can play online elimination with 10 players, whoever is coming last after each lap is eliminated, a sort of last mam standing

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 11:00 AM
That sound's like Formula Fusion.....you can play online elimination with 10 players, whoever is coming last after each lap is eliminated, a sort of last mam standing

The elimination thing you mention... sounds like the common elimination events found in many racing games... just saying.

chalovak
3rd June 2017, 12:05 PM
Much like the rest of the Wipeout community, the chat in these Omega streams are the politest and friendliest you're likely to find anywhere :beer

Still there were some russian swear words written with english letters for some reason :lol:lol:lol

MusashiMitsu
3rd June 2017, 01:27 PM
Hi, what an exciting atmosphere you guys creating I can't imagine how it will be next week, surely this amazing community will provide great support for new players and serve as a THE place to share our passion. good luck to all of you and I wish I could be there with you, which leads me to my question, I won't be able to enjoy this new game unless it has the option to use the motion sensor for steering, i cant find a solid answer so any info will be appreciated, thanks.

mdhay
3rd June 2017, 01:45 PM
Aaaand then Universal Media Group went and ruined it for everyone else. :(

Whom do I have to sacrifice a goat to for the PS4 we have here to work again? The stream got me soooo hyped for it! :D

Racingfan
3rd June 2017, 02:48 PM
Yes, i noticed my video was taken down with a copyright strike because of C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L music track

anyway i tested the clean racing mode and yes, its one turbo each lap, infinite barrel rolls and ghosted ships :D

i recorded a clip of it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noq2W0ATLY&feature=youtu.be

i know what i play the most in online now ;)

BlueWolf9498
3rd June 2017, 02:53 PM
Yes, its exciting to see so many people coming back to or joining the forum. Can't wait the see the amount of people online on launch day. :)

and finally i can have a real green race :D

JFthebestJan
3rd June 2017, 03:00 PM
online time trial, basically :)

TheConzio
3rd June 2017, 03:06 PM
I'm finding my DS4 thumbstick to be a bit slippery texture wise and the shape is fairly different to the DS3 stick, I'm just wondering if this has affected anyone's ability to play properly on Omega?

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 03:23 PM
I'm finding my DS4 thumbstick to be a bit slippery texture wise and the shape is fairly different to the DS3 stick, I'm just wondering if this has affected anyone's ability to play properly on Omega?

You can buy grip covers for the analog sticks from places like Game or Asda. tbh i've never encountered an issuse with the sticks on a ps4 controller. Perhaps your thumnbs are greasy...?

_
@Racingfan was that the video of the main stream or something else? I guess that means when streaming we need to mute the music if we want to save the video for later on our channels.

multibodydynamics
3rd June 2017, 03:49 PM
What about the Syncopia glitch? Still there?

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2017, 04:27 PM
I've just put the entire sound track into Youtube's Music Policies search engine. C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L is the only one on the sound track that will trigger a copyright strike. I'll put that out on the social media channels, I can imagine a lot of streamers and content creators getting stung there.

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 04:39 PM
I've just put the entire sound track into Youtube's Music Policies search engine. C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L is the only one on the sound track that will trigger a copyright strike. I'll put that out on the social media channels, I can imagine a lot of streamers and content creators getting stung there.

I guess its a good job we have a simple way to skip the songs using the touch pad (or so i've been told), I'm thinking of streaming a bit when I get to play so as long as i know the one to skip i guess i'll be fine. thanks for checking Hellfire... i was thinking of asking someone to try checking.

Oh, been wanting to ask, did anyone find out about if the other hubs can be used (the 2097 & Wip3out hub themes)?

JFthebestJan
3rd June 2017, 04:57 PM
yes, 2097 and 3 can be used as soon as unlocked

Justice & Curtains
3rd June 2017, 04:57 PM
2097 and Wip3out HUDs can be used, although they're locked to HD/Fury (you cant use them on 2048).

deaddoctor2010
3rd June 2017, 05:17 PM
Thats good to know, I like using the Wip3out version. Thanks

chalovak
3rd June 2017, 06:12 PM
I remember there was an option in YouTube settings, once you've been accused of using copyrighted content (at least music wise), allowing you to post it anyway, it went something like "I do not intend to get any profit out of uploading this content", or something like that. I don't know if it's still there, it's been awhile since I posted anything there.

mdhay
3rd June 2017, 06:15 PM
Universal are highly likely to not care about that at all, sadly.

Racingfan
3rd June 2017, 06:31 PM
about the copyright issue, switch the music playlist from all to anything else and you won't get C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L to play

- - - Updated - - -

What about the Syncopia glitch? Still there?

i tested this for 10 minutes but no luck, i try more later...

there are still leaderboards for the 4 zone tracks on SR, TT and SL

also i can confirm that you need both hd and fury elite gold everything just got the trophy

Sausehuhn
3rd June 2017, 07:34 PM
By the way: I guess it’s pretty normal by today’s standards, but every time I look at those reflections, water, rocks and light effects it makes me realize just how far we have come with this console generation. I mean: Look at Altima. Man, it blows me away. For me it really is the track of the game by what I’ve seen so far. The scenery just blends beautifully with the track. It really feels like the track was carved into the environment, not the other way around (which still is the case for a lot of other tracks, IMO). Then looking at footage of WO2048 it’s even more stunning in comparison.

I know I’ve been a bit worried about yet another re-release of the same tracks (or games, rather). Those concerns still persist. But I haven’t played WO2048 on Vita, so that’s something new for me. I also admire the commitment from the developers and all the hype that’s build around it by whoever is responsible for getting it into anyone’s face on social media. I’ve got to say: I am hyped :)

To cut a long story short: Thanks Studio Liverpool for putting your heart and soul into WOHD and WO2048. And I salute the guys and gals at CleverBeans, XDev and EPOS who continue their legacy :nod

mdhay
3rd June 2017, 08:51 PM
Oh aye. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost now; this sorta graphical oomph is nothing new to me, but seeing wipEout look this legit good is more mind-blowing than anything on PC. Not just seeing my fave IP with this quality, no; even the way XDEV have put the collection together and the ways SL implemented assets. (The specular data in 2048 at least is stored in the alpha channel, that's not something I thought I'd ever see!) I'm just in awe at that part of the industry and everyone in it. :3

multibodydynamics
3rd June 2017, 09:49 PM
I just did a 32.71 on Downtown on the PSTV with DS4. 32.50 is possible to reach but hopefully it will be a little bit easier in Wipeout OC otherwise people are gonna struggle with this one. I did squeeze in 3 BRs in the end on my record lap... 36th on the world record table with this one.

KazzyMac
3rd June 2017, 09:58 PM
The Air Brake settings are Global in the Omega Pack, so what might work on HD/FURY craft might need changing for the 2048 craft

I suppose it will depend just how sensitive people find themselves with certain air brake settings dialed in from one craft type, then used on the other.

Yeah, I already knew about that from reading earlier conversations ((No offense to the explanation though ;) )) But I was asking either way regarding the settings mostly because I'm curious about what settings people as good as this use (for HD/Fury, 2048, or both).

I never figured it out myself. I don't know if the default is best, if it's better to lower it, to raise it, etc. :/

Anonanon
3rd June 2017, 10:46 PM
https://www.exophase.com/game/wipeout-omega-collection-psn/trophies/
Do you reach rank 50 in 2048 just the same as the Vita version? Because I really don't want to play/idle 300-400 hours of 2048 all over again. I thought it was really awful that the singleplayer campaign only took you to the 20s or so.

Heavy
3rd June 2017, 10:50 PM
Can't wait to race you all on the tracks ^^ and great stream Friday night Racingfan :)

Snakenator1
3rd June 2017, 11:23 PM
@Anonanon - its been confirmed by NotEnoughRed that the XP system has been reworked. The grind has now been massively toned down so rest assured you won't have to use the Sol XP farming method to reach maximum rank :)

blackwiggle
4th June 2017, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I already knew about that from reading earlier conversations ((No offense to the explanation though ;) )) But I was asking either way regarding the settings mostly because I'm curious about what settings people as good as this use (for HD/Fury, 2048, or both).

I never figured it out myself. I don't know if the default is best, if it's better to lower it, to raise it, etc. :/

Well a lower the Air Brake % is set = The more sensitive the controls are, meaning it takes less pressure for greater braking.
There are a few other things to take into account as well, so experimentation is need [Racebox SL ].
If you use the old school L + R shoulder buttons, you are using the digital controls for the brakes, which have a coarser braking effect
Likewise the L + R Trigger controls are Analog and have a finer control of the Air brakes.
I personally use the old school L + R shoulder buttons set to 70% sensitivity, mainly because that's what I'm used to from thousands of hours playing the PSone wipeouts where that was the only control option.

The other thing to take into account is, if you set the air braking percentage really low, it will make the chance of successfully being able to do side shift a lot less, so you need to test for that at the same time.

The best track to test changes on I've found is SOL 2, I can't get around at Phantom speed with default air brake setting [well I could, but it would be ugly], the first time I started testing it was a 'Holy crap, you mean I've been suffering all this time just because I haven't changed the air brake settings' a real Homer Simpson DOH! moment.

Anonanon
4th June 2017, 01:04 AM
@Anonanon - its been confirmed by NotEnoughRed that the XP system has been reworked. The grind has now been massively toned down so rest assured you won't have to use the Sol XP farming method to reach maximum rank :)

That's really good to hear, but my concern is specifically needing to rely on playing multiplayer to reach rank 50. If I can racebox my way to rank 50 with reasonable XP payouts, then I'm willing to accept that.

blackwiggle
4th June 2017, 01:24 AM
Well I'm mid way to rank 11 just from playing 2048/2049 Campaign, and that's not even beating the Elite on most cells or actually even doing some cells at all.

EDIT: I just checked, playing single race, or any other mode in Racebox does not advance your rank.

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 02:12 AM
Got a few nooby question i just wanna throw in here to clarify it for those who will probally and those thinking of buying start asking them soon... I more or less know the answers but having clarification will help with answering those who may end up asking on the PS4 communities and other places. If it isn't ok to put them here I'll make a new thread if needed. I've added a few of my own in there too.

1. Will Omega be playable with the cross play game mode found on the Vita version of 2048 for the HD Fury content, if not, any possiblity of it ever being patched to work with the PS4 instead of the PS3?

2. Do I need a PS4 Pro to play this game & is there and Pro exclusive content?
(I know only for better quallity but I saw ads with "PS4 Pro enhanced" and started to panic a little the other day scared it would be incompatible with my white normal ps4)

3. Controller Tilt features... are they included?

4. Remote Play - Is it possible, what controll options are there & would the air brakes switch from L2 R2 to L & R by default?

5. Remote play - Possiblly not possible but could there be a patch/mode that kinda works like split-screen where when Remote play is used Player 1's screen is on the Vita/PC and Player 2's on the main screen?

6. In 2048 there was 3 control types "Classic" "Racer" & "Tilt." Is there a similar contol option for the Racer controls?

Hope this isn't too much here... but like i said I'll make a new thread if needed instead.
@admin if i need to move it, please don't delete this without sending me a copy of this text.

KazzyMac
4th June 2017, 03:06 AM
I don't think there's any backwards compat/cross-play with HD/Fury/2048.

The game also runs on a vanilla PS4. There's (afaik but 100% confident) no difference between the two in terms of content, only that the Pro has much, much shinier graphics.

That's all I know, though.

Well a lower the Air Brake % is set = The more sensitive the controls are, meaning it takes less pressure for greater braking.
There are a few other things to take into account as well, so experimentation is need [Racebox SL ].
If you use the old school L + R shoulder buttons, you are using the digital controls for the brakes, which have a coarser braking effect
Likewise the L + R Trigger controls are Analog and have a finer control of the Air brakes.
I personally use the old school L + R shoulder buttons set to 70% sensitivity, mainly because that's what I'm used to from thousands of hours playing the PSone wipeouts where that was the only control option.

K, thanks for the primer. To be honest I never quite understood how the setting worked; I know (from watching Hellfire's videos) to set acceleration sensitivity to 10%, but it always felt like lowering the sensitivity for airbrakes made them less responsive. I think I have mine set to 30%; a friend of mine says he uses 30% as well.

I'll have to mess with it when Omega comes out, because I know I'm scrubbing too much speed off with the airbrakes and need to fix that (need less sensitivity, clearly). Also, I'm pretty certain the L1/R1 buttons on the PS3 pad are analog. (( They're digital on PS4, though. Means I'm gonna have to learn to airbrake with the triggers again. :/ ))

blackwiggle
4th June 2017, 03:54 AM
No the L1/R1 buttons are definitely digital on the PS3 controllers as well.
I really like the fine control the Analog L2/R2 triggers give you, but I just find I have trouble holding the controller and doing BR's if I attempt use them ...I have a rotten success rate with BR's at the best of times, as I also use the D-Pad,I don't think I've ever been able to do a BR with a PS3 controller left stick because of the domed top, although I did just try using the left stick on a PS4 controller and had success, it must be because the top of the stick is concave, like the original analog stick controllers from the 90's

Racingfan
4th June 2017, 04:26 AM
Got a few nooby question i just wanna throw in here to clarify it for those who will probally and those thinking of buying start asking them soon... I more or less know the answers but having clarification will help with answering those who may end up asking on the PS4 communities and other places. If it isn't ok to put them here I'll make a new thread if needed. I've added a few of my own in there too.

1. Will Omega be playable with the cross play game mode found on the Vita version of 2048 for the HD Fury content, if not, any possiblity of it ever being patched to work with the PS4 instead of the PS3?

2. Do I need a PS4 Pro to play this game & is there and Pro exclusive content?
(I know only for better quallity but I saw ads with "PS4 Pro enhanced" and started to panic a little the other day scared it would be incompatible with my white normal ps4)

3. Controller Tilt features... are they included?

4. Remote Play - Is it possible, what controll options are there & would the air brakes switch from L2 R2 to L & R by default?

5. Remote play - Possiblly not possible but could there be a patch/mode that kinda works like split-screen where when Remote play is used Player 1's screen is on the Vita/PC and Player 2's on the main screen?

6. In 2048 there was 3 control types "Classic" "Racer" & "Tilt." Is there a similar contol option for the Racer controls?

Hope this isn't too much here... but like i said I'll make a new thread if needed instead.
@admin if i need to move it, please don't delete this without sending me a copy of this text.

1. No, 0% chance of that happening
2. The ps4 pro offers dynamic 4k resolution and more stable frame rate
3. if you mean motion pitch and motion pitch & steering control yes and it also works on 2048!
4. Not sure i never used remote play
5. same as 4
6. No, but you can change to the setting you like, like HD Fury on ps3

As for level 50, after doing elite pass on every event in 2048 you will be level 44-47 so you have to grind the rest. level 50 is 1.7m or 1.8m

just noticed this as well but You can skip the song by pressing left or right on the touchpad
piranha prototype just got a big buff, its a dream to use now :D

Since i got the platinum now i will make videos tomorrow for main menu options, leaderboards, all skins(except van uber) Zone runs, TT's and a perfect Aftermath league tournament in fury campaign

edit: Sol track is only playable in A or A+ now

TheConzio
4th June 2017, 05:34 AM
I don't think I've ever been able to do a BR with a PS3 controller left stick because of the domed top, although I did just try using the left stick on a PS4 controller and had success, it must be because the top of the stick is concave, like the original analog stick controllers from the 90's

This is the opposite story for me, I've just gotten so used to the dome shape that I can't part from it. It must be a certain way I swipe the stick to do barrel rolls cause I don't seem as fast with the DS4 concave stick. Gonna buy some dome grip covers like deaddoctor recommended :)

blackwiggle
4th June 2017, 06:10 AM
I don't know exactly why, but I'm finding easier to do BR's on OP 2048 than in HD/Fury.
It must be down to the different craft physics

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 06:50 AM
Thanks Racingfan. When the game lets me play it, I'll give remote play a test. I'm wondering if the vita will be able to handle the fast speeds when connected. I'll drop my thoughts on remote play when i can. The lack of the racer set up concerns me, I'm used to using the square button for turning and X to shoot. But for HD Fury im used to using the normal controls... i think it's because of the layout of the pad.
Glad there's tilit for the pitch then, i found that a key feature that help me beat zico, as i cant nail the pushing forward & back for pitch.
-
When I was working on beat zico on the ps3 there were a few moments where I was flicking left right left for the br, my thumb slipped off the analog stick a few times pressing home button.

Sausehuhn
4th June 2017, 07:10 AM
Remote play is supported – at least it says so on the box. I’m referring to pictures one can find online. Assuming it’s the final layout.

chalovak
4th June 2017, 09:26 AM
You can hardly find a PS4 game without remote play support. Second screen on the other hand saw little love from developers, tbh I've never seen a game with this feature. Doubt WipEout is an exception. And why would you need it in the end? You won't be able to look at it while racing))

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 12:19 PM
Idk, if there was a ship editor feature added for custom skins the remote play 2nd screen mode/companion app would be really usefull for such feature like it is in tearaway unfolded... plus i miss making my own ship skins.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI everyone. Preorder avatars now useable!
On your ps4, go to your profile settings and click on the avatar you want, hit comfirm and it should save.

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 12:52 PM
Does anybody know if there are any graphical differences between PS4 and PS4 Pro other than 4k/1080p multisampling? For example, better particle effects?

blackwiggle
4th June 2017, 02:10 PM
To get the most out of the PS4 Pro you need a TV that does UHDR extended colour gamut, basically the new 4K TV's.

The remaster of HD/FURY shows that the brightest parts of some of the tracks have been tweaked to take advantage of the added brightness these new 4K TV can do, but, this is also apparent when played via a standard PS4 through a average 1080p TV.

The Sun shining in your eyes as you head to the first corner of Vineta K forward is a case in point, both Hellfire and I noticed this straight away as it's quite distracting, and neither of us have 4K UHDR TV's, so I can only envisage that is would be beyond distracting via a PS4 Pro through on of these TV, almost a PITA having the sun in your eyes every lap....think about it.

Just because technology can allow certain new effects to be seen, it doesn't mean they work in every application, stuff like what I mentioned above works great in a adventure game where it is a effect that is seen once in a certain setting, but when it's used so you see the same effect several times in several minutes, it wares thin quick and just becomes annoyance.

The pro has the BOOST function for graphics, how well it works for 1080p playback I don't know, but you can see YouTube videos showing comparisons when playing back on a 4K TV, in 4K.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCPk0XeAGs

Not much in it unless you have a immediate comparision in front of you, then it's a matter of knowing what to look for, and if there is a different with the game you are playing.....with the Omega Pack, I suppose combat at the higher speed classes on 2048 would be smoother [explosions, missiles etc], but other than that, not really.