PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

XxSuperRyugaxX
7th May 2017, 02:42 PM
Oh I wonder, there will be a setting where you can customize the order of playing the songs in game?
Since it seems we can't put our personal songs, I wonder if you can make a " personal order " of the default songs in game or it will be " predefinite / casual " like WipEout HD/Fury.

TheConzio
7th May 2017, 02:59 PM
I'd like to say thanks as well. This is the reason why I'm buying a PS4, and I've convinced some others to get the Omega Collection too :)

And long time no see SuperRyuga :P

XxSuperRyugaxX
7th May 2017, 04:05 PM
Hey buddy! Yeah I know, how are you? I hope good :p
I miss a lot of my buddies here and I hope to play with them again finally, with this wonderful Collection. I hope to see you too on track :D

Sausehuhn
7th May 2017, 05:22 PM
I grabbed a PS4 a few days ago when there was a fairly good deal. Let’s just say it sits here collecting dust as it waits for next month to come :D Can’t wait to play WO2048 for the first time – the steelbook edition is already pre-ordered. So, yes, I’ll happily join the others by saying: Thank you guys! :)

Mooney
7th May 2017, 06:53 PM
I grabbed a PS4 a few days ago when there was a fairly good deal. Let’s just say it sits here collecting dust as it waits for next month to come :D Can’t wait to play WO2048 for the first time – the steelbook edition is already pre-ordered. So, yes, I’ll happily join the others by saying: Thank you guys! :)

I had never played 2048 (don't own a Vita) untill we started work on it. It's really good, especially running at 60 fps and with HD graphics.

Racingfan
7th May 2017, 08:56 PM
i didnt like the 2048's 30 fps so it be awesome to finally play it at 60 :D

i still hope the HD online leveling system is there... i want to go for the highest rank this time, only had like level 70 or so on ps3 version :(

but looking at n0tenoughred's tweet badges are there so maybe the hd leveling system is there too :D hope it shares both 2048 and HD with the level system :P

blackwiggle
7th May 2017, 11:08 PM
Those that are buying a PS4 for the first time, don't forget to budget for a Playstation+ subscription at the same time, as you need one to play online with a PS4, unlike the PS3 or VITA when no subscription was needed......it also means you get the monthly free PS+ subscriber games if you so choose.

I also recommend either getting a 1TB model PS4 or a separate USB3 HDD for storage, as since a recent system update, once formatted you can use one of these to also store your games, and since PS4 games are considerably larger than PS3 games, you would find you will fill a standard 500GB PS4 very quickly.

Those that haven't played 2048 before will find on your average race there seems a lot more going on visually than what happens in HD/FURY, so if you have the $$/€€/££ consider getting a PS4 pro which has a boost mode that makes reproducing these moments smoother.

ThoughtfulSystem_95
8th May 2017, 01:19 AM
I wold also like to say, thank you for creating Omega Collection. Who knows? We may have a revival on our hands.

blackwiggle
8th May 2017, 07:57 AM
Racebox modes for 2048 offline = Single race, Speed Lap, Time Trial, Zone Tournament, Combat.

Voice Chat button has been removed from HD, so no it didn't get fixed, just as well, can you honestly imagine trying to race at phantom speed online while getting a ear full ?

Racingfan
8th May 2017, 09:04 AM
i wonder who will destroy A+ TT's ;)

hope the combat will have shield this time, vita version removed that :(

i hope the skins from completing the online campaign mode are in omega... they are sooooo good

but if online campaign is removed i hope they change the requirement to anything loyalty :D

took a few pictures of the skins from vita version if you havnt seen them before :D

Dawn_Fire_
8th May 2017, 10:41 AM
Those are really nice. I remember when the game came out, i thought the last skins you unlocked would be the designs from the original game, sort of leading into it as 2048 was the prequel an all that. And with Altima been the last track.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/7ed0/f/2012/204/6/2/6286eb3b3fdecb0a1a16d115bf202225-d58ah2v.jpg

NotEnoughRed
8th May 2017, 11:32 AM
*Deactivates Lurk Mode*

Hey there everyone, I've seen my twitter handle and real name (that's a bit creepy!) mentioned on here now so I figured I might as well register to say hello... So..

"Hello" - my name is Chris, and as mooney has said, I'm the producer over here at Clever Beans - who, as I'm sure you're all already aware, are working on the Wipeout Omega Collection.

As you'll probably know, we developers are under NDA too, and so please don't go asking me loads of specific questions about the game! - there's a very strict marketing plan and process we're going through and it's really not our job to talk about the game until you guys can play it. So I just wanted to write a quick note to say this thread / forum has been a great resource for us all to see what is important about the games development from the fans perspective, we're doing our absolute best to please everyone [or at least as many people as we can] and we are reading and listening to everyone. We're all very big fans of Wipeout here, and we're really excited about getting you guys playing it. (not long now!)

Racingfan
8th May 2017, 11:39 AM
Welcome to wipEoutzone chris :)

i was really jealous of you playing it so i wanted to share it here ;)

NotEnoughRed
8th May 2017, 11:43 AM
Welcome to wipEoutzone chris :)

i was really jealous of you playing it so i wanted to share it here ;)

No problem! - Anyone sharing my extremely limited time at the top of any scoreboard is fine by me :)

blackwiggle
8th May 2017, 01:21 PM
The people at the wipeoutzone aren't what you would normally find at your usual gaming forum I'll think you'll find Mooney and NotEnoughRed.

For a start, most us are Way out of what would normally be classified as your average gamer demographic....IE a lot of old farts here who have been playing wipeout since the original, most of us know each other on the track as well as from the forum.

There is still a lot of bitterness felt around here about Sony closing SL, and how it has mishandled the wipeout franchise over the years.

Hopefully Clever Beans can be given the go ahead by Sony to resurrect our beloved franchise, and make wipeout the must play game it always should have remained....there's still plenty more old forum members in the freezer, I think it will take brand new tracks to defrost them though.

PS: Who decided on the online Beta testing times ?
Ok for those in Europe, but it was 4.30am kick off in out neck of the woods, a big ask for 90 minutes of online....runs well though :D

AdHoc
8th May 2017, 01:48 PM
Hey Chris! Good stuff.

I hope Omega Collection will have served as a practice ground for you guys at Clever Beans with a view to develop completely new WipEout games in the future.

I don’t know how you feel about the franchise internally, but I hope you don’t see this as a one-off. You have to embrace it and make it your own.
Creating new material will no doubt make you fall in love with the series as much as we are.

Cheers

NotEnoughRed
8th May 2017, 02:07 PM
"
PS: Who decided on the online Beta testing times ?
Ok for those in Europe, but it was 4.30am kick off in out neck of the woods, a big ask for 90 minutes of online....runs well though "

The online times were purely for an organised "group test", The beta works around the clock (and you can play MP) - but you'll have to organise your own events with friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Adhoc,

We're all massive fans of the franchise and most of us have some history with the game on our discography :)

I'm sure Mooney will tell you though, making a new ship has been an awesome challenge.

XxSuperRyugaxX
8th May 2017, 02:15 PM
Hello Chris! Welcome to the family! Nice to see you too there with Mooney.

Mooney
8th May 2017, 02:16 PM
Hello Chris! Welcome to the family! Nice to see you too there with Mooney.

howdy!

Kurlija
8th May 2017, 02:47 PM
So according to the listing on the PS site (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/), Van-Über is in both editions now? And it's not even listed as a preorder bonus. Can anyone confirm that before I preorder a physical copy? :)

Racingfan
8th May 2017, 02:51 PM
Only in NA

In EU Van-uber is digital exclusive

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/

Kurlija
8th May 2017, 02:58 PM
Ah, I see, thanks.

Guess I'll try importing an NA copy then.

Snakenator1
8th May 2017, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris!! glad to see you join us and stop stalking around, how have you bean?

You're making all of us jelly because you've bean testing the beta ;)
Also if you can tell us at some point, why are Tigron and Van-uber beaning brought back from the grave? Was it by Sony's wish or a clever idea from you or the other developers?

Man I can't wait for the game's release and for Sony to spill the beans on the series future, I bet they're cooking up some clever plans for all of us!

(All of the puns were intentional, I am not sorry :lol )

Mooney
8th May 2017, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris!! glad to see you join us and stop stalking around, how have you bean?

You're making all of us jelly because you've bean testing the beta ;)
Also if you can tell us at some point, why are Tigron and Van-uber beaning brought back from the grave? Was it by Sony's wish or a clever idea from you or the other developers?

Man I can't wait for the game's release and for Sony to spill the beans on the series future, I bet they're cooking up some clever plans for all of us!

(All of the puns were intentional, I am not sorry :lol )

in HEINZ sight, those puns look like a bad idea.

Hybrid Divide
8th May 2017, 06:35 PM
Welcome to WZ, Chris!

I've seen from the really good looking Tigron ship unboxing that there is lore explaining their return. This is important to us! (Me, at least)

Will it eventually be posted up somewhere? Ditto with Van-Uber?

The lore helps make this series great!

Fun Fact!: The first craft FEISAR ever built was put together using instructions so badly translated and re-translated, that when it was first powered up, it immediately exploded!
(It's in the lore for WipEout Fusion somewhere) :D

Snakenator1
8th May 2017, 08:31 PM
@Mooney
Dang I've been schooled in the way of puns with just a single one, wish I thought of that one.
I raise my hat to you good sir :beer

Cipher
8th May 2017, 10:46 PM
He threw your puns right out the window! I hope they can.... fly. 8)

Nice to see interactivity from you guys, warm welcome to you all! ;-)

blackwiggle
8th May 2017, 11:27 PM
Here's a question for you guys at Clever Beans.
Will you be able to tell what percentage of players with the Omega pack have bought it via download version and disc version ?

Reason I ask it that it has been a pretty long held belief that because there has not been a full console version of a wipeout game available on disc, on release day, at shops since 2002 FUSION, that the player base receded over the years...... as in if they don't see it in the shop they don't know of it's existence, which for the older wipeout fan that hasn't gamed for a few years suddenly sees it, brings back memories and buys it.

It will be interesting to see what sales are like of the disc version one, two and three weeks after release, and especially once it inevitably gets discounted

MetaKraken
8th May 2017, 11:30 PM
Tigron and Van-Uber are returning in full force. Rejoice! :D

KazzyMac
9th May 2017, 02:03 AM
EU digital version is the one that has Van Uber in it? Phew.

I have to get the digital version anyway; I want the physical edition pretty bad (maybe I'll pick one up on the cheap just for the hell of it further down the line) but my PS4 has a habit of overheating the eject button and causing the console to spam-eject. Gripes of the vanilla PS4 unit, nothing I can do. :(

Good to see some of the devs here too! When you see devs actively showing interest in their communities, that's when you know they're a good bunch. ;)

OBH
9th May 2017, 08:24 AM
God I love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mf1DBwr2o

Anyone else feel like Sony are actually showing this game a bit more love and attention than they were expecting? Quite a few articles and mentions of it about the place, and every single PS update email mentions it.

NotEnoughRed
9th May 2017, 09:22 AM
Welcome to WZ, Chris!

I've seen from the really good looking Tigron ship unboxing that there is lore explaining their return. This is important to us! (Me, at least)

Will it eventually be posted up somewhere? Ditto with Van-Uber?

The lore helps make this series great!

Fun Fact!: The first craft FEISAR ever built was put together using instructions so badly translated and re-translated, that when it was first powered up, it immediately exploded!
(It's in the lore for WipEout Fusion somewhere) :D

Hey, thanks for the welcome, I'll look into getting it posted up somewhere. (And ditto for the Van Uber) -

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 09:22 AM
i really wish they sold this as a limited run of 1000 or something but its exclusive for devs/media :(

someone who has it may sell it on Ebay later on but it will probably be 300+ dollars :(

Will you be able to tell what percentage of players with the Omega pack have bought it via download version and disc version ?

i dont think CB can answer this too

however according to EA digital is 25% of the sales on PS4 and xbox one now http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/12/01/ea-exec-says-digital-games-will-overtake-physical/

so it will probably be similar to wipEout

NotEnoughRed
9th May 2017, 09:32 AM

Reason I ask it that it has been a pretty long held belief that because there has not been a full console version of a wipeout game available on disc, on release day, at shops since 2002 FUSION, that the player base receded over the years...... as in if they don't see it in the shop they don't know of it's existence, which for the older wipeout fan that hasn't gamed for a few years suddenly sees it, brings back memories and buys it.

It will be interesting to see what sales are like of the disc version one, two and three weeks after release, and especially once it inevitably gets discounted

From a very personal point of view: I think it being a boxed product is only a good thing because of the added audience it'll bring, I think you're absolutely correct. It gets featured on more stores like Amazon and Game etc, - which raises awareness, which hopefully will raise sales. (Sales figures will probably stay private though!)

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 09:34 AM
So I have a question that's been bugging me since Omega Collection has been announced, and I was wondering if the guys from Clever Beans could give me an answer.

Will the HD/Fury craft use the physics present in the PS3 version of the game, or will they use the modified physics present in the expansion pack for WipEout 2048 on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance, and I'd just like to say that I'm super excited for the game!

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 09:39 AM
Hope it uses HD physics

2048 physics on the dlcs wasnt great :(

but i dont think they can confirm this yet because NDA

NotEnoughRed
9th May 2017, 10:52 AM
So I have a question that's been bugging me since Omega Collection has been announced, and I was wondering if the guys from Clever Beans could give me an answer.

Will the HD/Fury craft use the physics present in the PS3 version of the game, or will they use the modified physics present in the expansion pack for WipEout 2048 on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance, and I'd just like to say that I'm super excited for the game!

This is really difficult for me to answer! :) (I won't go into the technical side of why)

Could you outline exactly what your preference is? (and what the problem was with either 2048 / HD?) - I might be able to clarify a bit further.

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'll try and go into a little more detail :)

The tracks in HD/Fury were designed with the HD/Fury physics in mind, which obviously means that they meshed well together.
In the 2048 expansion however, the same tracks but with 2048 physics felt very strange and awkward to control, especially when the craft was in the air.
As a result, I would much prefer having the original PS3 physics for the Omega Collection, rather than the 2048 physics.

(TLDR HD/Fury Physics for HD/Fury tracks, and 2048 Physics for 2048 tracks would be perfect)

NotEnoughRed
9th May 2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks for further clarifying... :)

I think the problem you're probably seeing here is the difference between 60fps (on the PS3) and 30fps (on the Vita) - I say "probably" because there's lots and lots more considerations, (physics update frequency, collision mesh differences, etc etc)

The PS4 is super powerful, so we've always opted for the "most expensive" option in every area of the game. I'm sure you'll have no need to worry :)

XxSuperRyugaxX
9th May 2017, 12:54 PM
Thanks for further clarifying... :)

I think the problem you're probably seeing here is the difference between 60fps (on the PS3) and 30fps (on the Vita) - I say "probably" because there's lots and lots more considerations, (physics update frequency, collision mesh differences, etc etc)

The PS4 is super powerful, so we've always opted for the "most expensive" option in every area of the game. I'm sure you'll have no need to worry :)

The more I read these things and more I get excited for this game.
The only sad thing is that, when game will be released, I'll have exams soon! Damn! But after those it will be a big return for me, hope to see you all on track :p

P.S = Maybe we should make a thread with all Online IDs of people getting the collection. There might be some guys like me that changed account when they got a PS4, losing all friends. I had a lot of them but I can't remember most of them

Snakenator1
9th May 2017, 01:14 PM
I know the feeling Ryuga, 7th of June is a Wednesday and I'll be stuck in Nantwich doing my Extended diploma still. So I've asked a friend to pick up my pre-order for me.

Might have to make a special trip home just to play wipeout on the Thursday evening rather than spending another weekend stuck on campus. I suppose sacrificing one evening won't spoil my assignment schedule that much :D

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 01:16 PM
I think that having a thread would be a great idea, especially for people like me, who weren't around when the HD/Fury and 2048 online scenes were active.

Speaking of which, I should probably put my PSN ID on my profile...

MAMUTH
9th May 2017, 01:38 PM
Can anyone from Clever Beans confirm if there is some kind of intro movie? I know this might not be as important to everyone else, but I loved all intro movies in past Wipeouts, so naturally I was wondering if there will be some new one in Omega.

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 01:44 PM
they removed the intro from 2048 so i doubt it :(

TheConzio
9th May 2017, 02:07 PM
Shame, that 2048 intro was the best! A friend of mine used to play it/show it around to other students back in high school when the game just came out - man I was so much younger then, time really does fly by :P

blackwiggle
9th May 2017, 02:30 PM
God that last post makes me feel old :|

OBH
9th May 2017, 03:08 PM
Same! Only 2 things have ever made me genuinely 'feel old'.

1) The Lion king was released 23 years ago.
2) TheConzio's post just now! :D

multibodydynamics
9th May 2017, 03:11 PM
Is the beta test still going on or was it limited to the weekend? Can those lucky bastards still play the game or is it locked somehow?

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 03:12 PM
it ended on sunday :(

im sure its locked now¨

UnleashSonic
9th May 2017, 03:20 PM
Can anyone from Clever Beans confirm if there is some kind of intro movie? I know this might not be as important to everyone else, but I loved all intro movies in past Wipeouts, so naturally I was wondering if there will be some new one in Omega.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, they probably didn't have the additional resources/time etc. to take on such a task (as much as it pains me haha).

That said, I'm genuinely impressed with how much you guys over at Clever Beans/EPOS/XDEV have achieved with this collection! Welcome to the forum, by the way! Hope you guys are lurking GAF too; lot's of love for your work going 'round :) Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 03:26 PM
I wonder if any of the ships' stats have been tweaked at all: I remember seeing an image of the Tigron craft in the ship select screen that placed its stats slightly better than Icaras, which would throw the balance off a little bit.

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 03:29 PM
It has better stats than icaras HD, but Icaras fury has better stats overall

icaras fury has 5% better handling, but 5% or 10% less shield

but shield doesnt really matter in HD/fury

Hybrid Divide
9th May 2017, 03:58 PM
Although I would not expect a new intro for this collection, I would really hope that the sublime 2048 intro was able to be accessed from an extras section or something.

I'll admit it, brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it, and still sends shivers up my spine! (The intro for PurE does both of these things more, though) :D

But yeah, that intro, on a big screen. Needs to happen!

Racingfan
9th May 2017, 04:16 PM
the UK retailer i use for imports at a good price sent me a email about a change about my wipEout order

https://www.base.com/buy/product/wipeout-omega-collection-with-classic-sleeve-and-4-x-ps4-themes-ps4/dgc-weocps4.htm

a classic sleve

dont think this has been posted by xdev yet, so this might be one of their surprises... this is amazing if true :D

https://www.base.com/viewImages.aspx?id=WEOCPS4&type=1&active=55511&show=1 back of the cover)

https://www.base.com/viewImages.aspx?id=WEOCPS4&type=1&active=55513&show=1

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 04:45 PM
That sleeve actually looks damn good... Wish one would come with the steelbook on amazon... :(

WikEv_512
9th May 2017, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone !

I finally post on this thread to say welcome to Mooney and NotRedEnough :D

Wanted to thank you guys for the work you are doing, and I hope you'll bring us other WipEout games in the future :D

Already pre-ordered a digital version to get the Van-Uber, but god... I'll have to pre-order the physical version too... The classic sleeve is so amazing...
My girlfriend told me to stop buying WipEout things... Too much money "wasted" according to her... Guess I'll be single soon, but look at that sleeve :(

By the way I found a good picture of the Van-Uber, and I don't think this one has been posted yet, so... :)

http://wipeout.wikia.com/wiki/Wipeout_Omega_Collection?file=VanUber-Tigron_Omega_Mashup.png

And guys, please tell us soon what are the other surprises ! :D

Justice & Curtains
9th May 2017, 05:14 PM
Speaking of Van-Uber, it seems like they've been shoved out of the way in favour of giving Tigron all the glory

I wish we'd see a Van-Uber trailer, in a similar fashion to the Tigron KVSR trailer that was released a little while ago

Hybrid Divide
9th May 2017, 06:39 PM
That PS1 style sleeve looks fantastic! Hey Mooney! Any chance those of us who are importing the steelbook version will get that PS1 sleeve to go with the game, too?

*hopehopehopehope*

Mooney
9th May 2017, 08:05 PM
That PS1 style sleeve looks fantastic! Hey Mooney! Any chance those of us who are importing the steelbook version will get that PS1 sleeve to go with the game, too?

*hopehopehopehope*

Hey man.

I'm not quite sure what comes with each version, that's all handled by other departments within in Sony. Even I didn't know about that sleeve until just now.

JFthebestJan
9th May 2017, 08:45 PM
Question to the developer: Is there any chance to use a force feedback wheel with Omega Collection? If yes, that would really make my day...

edit: fun fact, 'ICOM' really exists:!

keg_11
9th May 2017, 09:21 PM
By the way I found a good picture of the Van-Uber, and I don't think this one has been posted yet, so... :)

There are a few good Van-Über pics on XDev's Twitter page. That's where these images are from.

blackwiggle
9th May 2017, 10:50 PM
Question to the developer: Is there any chance to use a force feedback wheel with Omega Collection? If yes, that would really make my day...

edit: fun fact, 'ICOM' really exists:!

How would you do barrel rolls?

JFthebestJan
9th May 2017, 10:58 PM
@blackwiggle: Same thing as it is with D-Pad and/or Analog Stick. Most, if not all Force Feedback Wheels have a D-Pad plus several extra buttons...

Hybrid Divide
9th May 2017, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't play WipEout with a wheel, but it would be awesome to play with a flight sim setup.

Stick, throttle, and foot pedals for the airbrakes. Give me VR on top of that, for added insanity/fun! :D

blackwiggle
9th May 2017, 11:21 PM
I had very very briefly one of those Sony dual analogue flight sticks setup to play wipeout, but it got broken even before I got it home from the person that was modding it for me.

Racingfan
10th May 2017, 11:14 AM
i wonder what this is https://twitter.com/WZ_Official/status/861984302749421570 :P
at back of the sleeve of omega it looks like omega uses 24gb of your HDD but its hard to see

Hellfire_WZ
10th May 2017, 11:27 AM
You'll find out soon enough, but hush hush for the moment ;)

Challenger #001
10th May 2017, 09:38 PM
Never thought I'd be back here, but hot damn. Thanks for informing be about the Van-Uber, I hate pre-ordering stuff but I guess I have to make an exception here.

blackwiggle
10th May 2017, 11:11 PM
Some old names on the PS4 Wipeout Omega Pack community that I was surprised to see, some old rivalries will be reignited for sure with Pirahapac and others trying to beat TT and SL times on the 2048 tracks, and who found new places to Barrel Roll.

I saw that Assayeah joined up yesterday as well, boy they really are coming out of the woodwork......I also visited the French Wipeout Arena site today, I thought it would be buzzing, but I'm still the last poster there, and that was about a Formula Fusion build back in December...sad really as it was and could be a great site again

multibodydynamics
10th May 2017, 11:31 PM
At the moment it looks like sleeve is only for UK. You can import of course. There are a couple of sites that ships abroad.
https://twitter.com/PSLifeStyle/status/862326535168172032

mkozjak
11th May 2017, 08:08 AM
Arch from Pulse era here.
I just preordered Omega, so see you on track sometime soon!!! :)

Some old names on the PS4 Wipeout Omega Pack community that I was surprised to see, some old rivalries will be reignited for sure with Pirahapac and others trying to beat TT and SL times on the 2048 tracks, and who found new places to Barrel Roll.

I saw that Assayeah joined up yesterday as well, boy they really are coming out of the woodwork......I also visited the French Wipeout Arena site today, I thought it would be buzzing, but I'm still the last poster there, and that was about a Formula Fusion build back in December...sad really as it was and could be a great site again

Atc598
11th May 2017, 11:17 AM
I wonder, is the new logo for van-uber based on the logo from pure? If so i think the u is backwards, if not maybe im crazy :P

blackwiggle
11th May 2017, 12:56 PM
Arch from Pulse era here.
I just preordered Omega, so see you on track sometime soon!!! :)

I've just been in contact with Pirahapac over the PSM, he says hey doesn't want to know about Wipeout [a bit of history] but he joined the community before I did...go figure.

That's BS...he won't be able to help himself....once he sees ASSA and Eric/ Leungbok/ Kaori/ Mad Ice/ ElHabib etc playing online...he won't be able to help himself....get Xtriko and a few other old foes running, then it's ON BABY....I think his hours of playing Destiny might be curtailed for a while ;)

mkozjak
11th May 2017, 02:20 PM
Never played ASSA on Pulse much. A shame. The guy is a legend.
Looking forward to meeting you guys!

I've just been in contact with Pirahapac over the PSM, he says hey doesn't want to know about Wipeout [a bit of history] but he joined the community before I did...go figure.

That's BS...he won't be able to help himself....once he sees ASSA and Eric/ Leungbok/ Kaori/ Mad Ice/ ElHabib etc playing online...he won't be able to help himself....get Xtriko and a few other old foes running, then it's ON BABY....I think his hours of playing Destiny might be curtailed for a while ;)

blackwiggle
11th May 2017, 02:59 PM
I only sent the invites out a few hours ago, and I'm around 10 hours time difference from Europe.....will be interesting to see who joins, a lot of names asked were from when I helped with the Wipeout World Cup, so they were at least quarter or semi finalists.
They are from all over the world

Cheapether
11th May 2017, 06:14 PM
I'm curious as to the Van-Uber's stats. If past entries are any indication of performance, superb handling and acceleration are to be expected. If that should be the case, then there are few ways in which the Van-Uber's stats can be allocated so as not to create redundancy in the existing team roster. Then again, the Tigron's stat allocation is not entirely in line with past entries - doubling down on speed at the expense of shielding. The Van-Uber could be a wholly different experience this time around.

Amorbis
11th May 2017, 06:46 PM
For anyone like me who wants both the steelbook and sleeve you can get both at Grainger Games:
http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps4/g54402-wipeout-omega-collection-steelbook

Also looks like they ship worldwide.

multibodydynamics
11th May 2017, 07:04 PM
Nice! Here's an alternative:
http://www.shopto.net/search/newSearchPage?Filter_department=&newsearch=Wipeout
I have reserved both sleeve and steelbook and they ship abroad.

Cheapether
11th May 2017, 07:10 PM
Wait - the classic sleeve and steelbook are packaged together with all pre-orders? Or, is the steelbook alone being added to classic sleeve editions? From a financial standpoint, I can't understand why Sony would eliminate the incentive to buy the steelbook edition if they are just willing to include it as an addition to another pre-order incentive.

The European market's cup runneth over.

multibodydynamics
11th May 2017, 07:19 PM
Steelbook and sleeve are just 2 different packaging of the same game. If you want all contents you also need the digital version with Van-Uber and dynamic theme. This means that I as a collector need to buy the game 3 times.

Silverstream
11th May 2017, 07:39 PM
ShopTo's website confirms the steelbook edition includes the classic sleeve. This is good news as I didn't fancy buying the game three times!

Cheapether
11th May 2017, 08:01 PM
Good to know. I'd already pre-ordered the steelbook edition and standard; that's enough, I think. I ordered mine through GAME , so here's hoping the classic sleeve isn't limited to certain online retailers such as ShopTo. The NA version, according to Playstation's site, will include Van-Uber in the physical release. At least I've got that going for me.

Hybrid Divide
11th May 2017, 08:22 PM
I really REALLY hope the classic sleeve comes to AUS, too. As I've got my steelbook on pre-order through there...

Kurlija
11th May 2017, 08:24 PM
VGP (https://www.videogamesplus.ca/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4-p-24726.html) has the game for a decent price in case anyone else wants to import a physical copy with Van-Über included. Not sure about the pre-order bonuses, though.

multibodydynamics
11th May 2017, 08:44 PM
I actually think that this is a typo:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/
They have all 3 options shown for both digital and physical version which feels very illogical. Why would they even split it if both digital and physical contains the same things? My guess is that Van-Uber ship and 4 PS4 avatars are mistakenly shown under physical version. I could be wrong of course.
Edit:
I have asked Sony Xdev on twitter.

Cheapether
11th May 2017, 09:26 PM
That'd better not be a typo. I purchased the standard edition in my region largely due to the information which was listed on that page. Mistake or no, that's false advertising.

Why the hell even make the Van-Uber a digital exclusive anywhere? I understand that they want to incentivize customers towards the option which is most lucrative to them, but to withhold content from anyone paying an equal price for a physical copy is ridiculous. Even if the content is available as DLC, that's still charging customers more for the same amount of content, just because those customers had the nerve to want a product in hand. Pre-order incentive are one thing - steering customers towards a method of procurement via withholding a portion of the product is another.

Kurlija
11th May 2017, 10:08 PM
Agreed. It's really the only reason why I'm importing an NA copy instead of buying one here.

The Canadian PS site says the same thing, though. Unless both are mistakes, somehow.

blackwiggle
12th May 2017, 06:00 AM
I really REALLY hope the classic sleeve comes to AUS, too. As I've got my steelbook on pre-order through there...

You and me both, but as the classic sleeve was only known about in the last week or so, and there was no mention of it in the Steelbox info when I bought our ones, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't included.
I sort of think the classic sleeve might of come about because of too many steelbox orders.....who knows?

Hybrid Divide
12th May 2017, 06:17 AM
My one hope was that someone else did say (maybe here, maybe somewhere else, I can't remember), but they were notified that their order had been changed to reflect the new case. As in, they were notified about it. But who knows.

Really wish we could get a direct answer from Sony on this. Please post if you hear anything.

ALSO: If anyone from EU is ordering the NA disc version, any chance we can swap DL codes for the static themes? (I have a Steelbook on order from AUS, but I can't use those DL codes on the US playstation store, and I don't want to set up a new account just for that. This way, we'll both have codes for our own region's PSN Store, and I won't have to buy another version of the game! (Already getting the Steelbook and NA digital already, and may have to get a UK disc for the sleeve) Just hang on to them, and I'll send mine along when I get them.

Racingfan
12th May 2017, 08:16 AM
AUS codes should work anywhere in EU except money codes and ps plus

setting up a Eu account doesnt take long, like 2 minutes max

Why the hell even make the Van-Uber a digital exclusive anywhere?

because they want you to move to the digital future

they might sell it as a DLC or a free dlc later on

also according to amazon, it says van uber ship, 4 avatars too

https://www.amazon.com/Wipeout-Omega-Collection-PlayStation-4/dp/B06XY6L858/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494576924&sr=8-1&keywords=wipeout+omega

dmcclusky1234
12th May 2017, 01:16 PM
We got a new announcement: Splitscreen Gameplay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y8YuA4Uxv0

If you hear the 3-2-1 announcer, there is a VOICE! :D
2048 Tracks have the track preview layout.

JFthebestJan
12th May 2017, 01:54 PM
it's cool to see 2player splitscreen running in fluid 60fps :) 2048 looks awesome btw.
but in the video it looks like there's only the fwd version of each 2048 track. as you can see in my screenshot, on the official playstation site they say all 26 tracks are available in fwd and rev...?

NotEnoughRed
12th May 2017, 02:08 PM
it's cool to see 2player splitscreen running in fluid 60fps :) 2048 looks awesome btw.
but in the video it looks like there's only the fwd version of each 2048 track. as you can see in my screenshot, on the official playstation site they say all 26 tracks are available in fwd and rev...?

Hey,

I've asked for the word "reversible" to be removed from the blog, that's an error, good spot.

There's a total of 26 tracks in the game, the 2048 tracks can't be raced backwards as they just weren't designed that way (too many one-way shortcuts and jumps)

Racingfan
12th May 2017, 02:09 PM
Yes, they were advertising the game with 26 reversible tracks, but only hd/fury are reversible

i really wish 2048 were reversible at least... when i was flying them in reverse (except that sol, rockway, empire) doesnt work

they were much better imo and crazier barrel roll spots

downtown is best in reverse
seems like the videos in main menu showing the tracks has been replaced by pictures now

edit: announcers now say the pickup you get in hd fury version

@CB

if you guys plan on making future DLC/updates please please make 2048 tracks reversible :D

edit: i really like the 3-2-1 countdown on hd fury tracks

Hybrid Divide
12th May 2017, 03:47 PM
@NotEnoughRed

I noticed that the announcers now say what weapon you pick up instead of warning you about what weapon may be targeting you.

Any way to change this? I really liked knowing when a quake was coming at me in HD/Fury. The series is split pretty evenly on weapon announcements and weapon warnings, and I, for one prefer the latter.

Interesting choice, though, having the "3, 2, 1..." from 2097, and the "GO!" from WipEout 1!

Racingfan
12th May 2017, 03:59 PM
not sure... but i cant really hear the sounds/music too well because of commentary

imma see if its the same on ps3 split screen

edit: no they dont give any warnings about weapons in split screen, and i tested this with AI on

NotEnoughRed
12th May 2017, 04:17 PM
not sure... but i cant really hear the sounds/music too well because of commentary

imma see if its the same on ps3 split screen

edit: no they dont give any warnings about weapons in split screen, and i tested this with AI on

I was just about to post this:
The PS3 doesn't warn you of incoming weapons in Split Screen either (this is intended) - We tested it and it was mega confusing for the player.
Incoming warnings happen in "1 player" mode.. (i.e. online or single player) - just not split screen...

It got annoying fast.. Fire missile = Hear the other screen saying "incoming missile!"

:)

JABBERJAW
12th May 2017, 04:41 PM
Well, that seems good. Why do you need a warning after you heard it being shot off

mdhay
12th May 2017, 05:05 PM
The only thing I can think of as an actual critique is that the weapon icon in 2048 mode still moves; it may well be subjective but that kind of movement on the Vita threw me off where I was heading and honestly felt redundant. Any touch-screen related reason I can think of in the original is only more redundant now.

Looking real shiny, fellas! Will be getting that and a PS4 to play it on as soon as I can. :D

blackwiggle
12th May 2017, 06:55 PM
The sound effects have been changed in HD, and very nice they are too, if you have a decent surround system your going to love them
They must of hired Loader Bot from Boarderlands to do the in race alerts :) it sure sounds like him

KazzyMac
12th May 2017, 09:15 PM
Loader Bot <3

In that video it sounds like the engine sounds/effects for the HD/Fury craft were changed. They seem to sound more like the 2048 craft.

Is it just me or is that correct, now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I'm more just curious than anything.

That video is also hella sweet. Sure those guys aren't the best at the game but dear god those visuals. <3

Dawn_Fire_
12th May 2017, 09:15 PM
I'm hearing the WipEout 1 announcer countdown there, that's awesome. That alone is cool, but if we can now select a HUD and a countdown voice from the old games, that is incredible. Wip3out 'curly says go' would be nice!

In fact have the classic HUD's been confirmed? I used to play with the 2097 HUD.

scalliano
13th May 2017, 12:55 AM
Can we still unlock the Wip3out HUD? Can't play HD without it :P

blackwiggle
13th May 2017, 04:23 AM
Yes in HD/FURY, it's exactly the same as the PS3 version, opens after certain Loyalty points milestones gained when playing Campaign , first 2097 HUD, then WO3 HUD at 10,000 points

Concealed Sequence
13th May 2017, 05:39 AM
Hello everyone! Been a long time lurker on here and thought it was time to be a bit more active.

So excited for this! Pre ordered both digital and physical copies. The wait is killing me.

Does anyone know if Orbital's P.E.T.R.O.L (final drop mix) is included in the soundtrack?

Cheers :-)

blackwiggle
13th May 2017, 07:07 AM
I can't tell, when in AUDIO section, under the Track List - It's saying 'Playlist Contains no playable tracks'.
When racing around the tracks I have seen the occasional Artist -song title pop up [sorry I can't remember where ] but at least in the menus at the moment, that information is unavailable, maybe it hasn't been finalized yet?

I know that the pedantic among some of you are going to be wondering, if when racing the PS4 version of HD/FURY, are my times possibly going to be quicker than my PS3 HD/FURY times.
Well I thought I'd test that and lay that to rest ASAP.
I had both my PS3 & PS4 both with HD/FURY fired up, both going into the same TV, both using the same HDMI socket .....at first I did think that the Omega pack version was a tad quicker, but then realized that it was probably due to the difference in music and sound effects just making it seem that way, so I turned all effects and music off on both consoles and tested again....No difference that I could tell, the picture looked smoother on the PS4, but not by as much as you might think [I was surprised just how well the PS3 held it's own].....by the way, my PS4 is a standard 1TB model....if any difference would occur if using a PS4 Pro, I don't know, I really doubt it.

2048 looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly, and having Racebox for it is a God send.
I bought a PSTV to play 2048, but never got around to opening all the tracks, so a few of them were new to me, so was A+ speed class which I decided to try for the first time on a track it turned out I had never raced on before....that was interesting.....talk about getting thrown in the deep end, surprisingly I ended up with a pretty good time actually, suppose it was because I had just finished the whole of HD campaign in one sitting, I was well warmed up;)

16 No 1 SL & TT times to beat Hellfire....By the way, Happy Birthday :cake:beer

Dawn_Fire_
13th May 2017, 07:25 AM
Yes in HD/FURY, it's exactly the same as the PS3 version, opens after certain Loyalty points milestones gained when playing Campaign , first 2097 HUD, then WO3 HUD at 10,000 points

Great news. Thanks. :)

Concealed Sequence
13th May 2017, 07:27 AM
Thanks Blackwiggle!

Got my 4k 43" TV and Playstation 4 pro recently, so I'm all set!

JFthebestJan
13th May 2017, 07:55 AM
...I had both my PS3 & PS4 both with HD/FURY fired up, both going into the same TV, both using the same HDMI socket .....at first I did think that the Omega pack version was a tad quicker, but then realized that it was probably due to the difference in music and sound effects just making it seem that way, so I turned all effects and music off on both consoles and tested again....No difference that I could tell, the picture looked smoother on the PS4, but not by as much as you might think [I was surprised just how well the PS3 held it's own].....by the way, my PS4 is a standard 1TB model....if any difference would occur if using a PS4 Pro, I don't know, I really doubt it.

2048 looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly, and having Racebox for it is a God send.
I bought a PSTV to play 2048, but never got around to opening all the tracks, so a few of them were new to me, so was A+ speed class which I decided to try for the first time on a track it turned out I had never raced on before....that was interesting.....talk about getting thrown in the deep end, surprisingly I ended up with a pretty good time actually, suppose it was because I had just finished the whole of HD campaign in one sitting...

wait a moment, you already have the omega collection? or do you have access to the beta somehow?

blackwiggle
13th May 2017, 08:15 AM
The latter.
I used to be a Beta Tester under another PSNID, but gave it up for various reasons.....rubbish games to test basically.
I used to pass codes on, so I called in a favor and got one back for this beta....I probably got sent one to my old email address, but I haven't used that in 8 or 9 years, can't even remember what it was come to think about it.

There are a few members at this forum that have the Omega Beta code, looking at my friends list it's around 6 or 7 including myself, most rarely post here unfortunately....Hellfire got given one [hey, I'm not giving you up ASSA did a week ago at the Omega Community ]

I've only had my code for around 24 hours, and thrashed it to death testing stuff, unfortunately the only online server testing is at the ungodly hour of 4.30am for me, I thought it was last night but it wasn't, so I'm either staying up late again, or waking up early so I catch it this time....90 minutes online testing....better be worth it.

JFthebestJan
13th May 2017, 08:33 AM
thx 4 the quick reply ;)
all in all it sounds like we'll get what we demanded with the addition of racebox for 2048 :) cannot wait to get my hands on it...

one additional question: the leaderboards are completely empty, or do they contain any records from the original game?

blackwiggle
13th May 2017, 09:37 AM
No old records.
It's a totally new server, so no surprise there, I would expect the old HD/FURY and 2048 VITA records to go the way of the DoDo pretty soon TBH.

We are testing online tonight, tomorrow and Monday, only the top 100 online records are being saved ATM, I expect a clean sweep once the game has officially been released.

Have you joined the Omega Pack Community? if not shoot me a friends request, 'it's the place to be man' 8) The Clever Beans guys are members, pretty much the OLD crew I sent invites to o Friday....basically all the Top Ten record holders are in already.

Except Yelder....wtf

marcingru
13th May 2017, 10:28 AM
Cant wait for 2048 racebox and proper multiplayer races, tnx for sharing info :)

mdhay
13th May 2017, 10:52 AM
Careful, Blackwiggle: Loose lips sink ships! :P

Racingfan
13th May 2017, 11:54 AM
Theres a competition on german ps blog at the moment
https://blog.de.playstation.com/2017/05/12/20-jahre-erinnerungen-postest-eure-wipeout-memories-und-gewinnt-ein-cooles-goodie-paket/
Rules https://blog.de.playstation.com/1901/05/12/teilnahmebedingungen-fr-wipeoutmemory-gewinnspiel-ab-13-jahren/

Only those in Germany, austria and switzerland can participate

The winner will get 1 Year of PS plus, WipEout omega collection media kit and a t shirt

Happy birthday hellfire!

NotEnoughRed
13th May 2017, 12:33 PM
Hey Blackwiggle,

Good to hear you've got into the Beta - can I just politely remind you that you are under NDA and not to talk about the game publically. Please don't confirm things / features / modes that are not announced through official channels, (i.e from Sony's Twitter accounts or blog sites) - this may seem minor, however we have a very thoroughly planned news & marketing calendar worked out for this game.

If you have any comments or concerns about the beta, you will have a feedback form you can fill in which (ironically) comes straight to me. There have been several members of this forum who have actually used this process and we've fixed their concerns or implemented new features. (These aren't in the Beta!)

May I also remind you that the BETA trial isn't the final game, we're still working on it. Everything you're currently experiencing is subject to change. Hope to see you online at some point during the Beta! Would be good to whup you at 2048. ;)

Cheers

XxSuperRyugaxX
13th May 2017, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone! Been a long time lurker on here and thought it was time to be a bit more active.

So excited for this! Pre ordered both digital and physical copies. The wait is killing me.

Does anyone know if Orbital's P.E.T.R.O.L (final drop mix) is included in the soundtrack?

Cheers :-)

I wonder the same thing. That mix fits a lot better

Happy Birthday Hellfire! :hyper

Racingfan
13th May 2017, 12:42 PM
Orbital hasn't been confirmed yet, but i hope they add it... PETROL is so good :D

bigsnake
13th May 2017, 12:52 PM
@NotEnoughRed

Hey! I just wanted to pop into this thread to ask if there is any possibility of getting Super Phantom for racebox in HD/Fury since 2048 has A+ class? It would be really cool to go faster outside of Zone.

I've had omega collection pre-ordered for a while now, super excited about the release!

Racingfan
13th May 2017, 01:07 PM
i would love to see super phantom class, or even zen... back when 2048 was released, SL buffed the airbrakes in HD/fury making phantom easier

JFthebestJan
13th May 2017, 01:10 PM
skip super phantom and add 'zen' + 'mach' class ;)

Racingfan
13th May 2017, 01:14 PM
it would be impossible to play mach 1 on most tracks other than zone :lol

and :dizzy

JFthebestJan
13th May 2017, 01:17 PM
:dizzy

that's why it has to be added :mr-t

tug_14
13th May 2017, 01:24 PM
May I also remind you that the BETA trial isn't the final game, we're still working on it. Everything you're currently experiencing is subject to change. Hope to see you online at some point during the Beta! Would be good to whup you at 2048. ;)

Cheers

Hi ,
What can there be so new or secret that does not exist in WOHD or 2048?
We have 2 new ships, the modes of Hd for 2048
You have to rework the textures and the lights,new skins . For a portage nothing exceptional ....

So .... what's so secret about it ?? or it is only a marketing hype ??

Racingfan
13th May 2017, 01:30 PM
Maybe something with this

https://twitter.com/WZ_Official/status/861984302749421570

Ace3000
13th May 2017, 01:35 PM
Just let them reveal everything in due time, we'll all get the information eventually. They mentioned not two paragraphs above that they've got everything planned out.

AdHoc
13th May 2017, 01:54 PM
Cool to see the forum a bit more lively again :)

tug_14
13th May 2017, 01:58 PM
Just let them reveal everything in due time, we'll all get the information eventually. They mentioned not two paragraphs above that they've got everything planned out.

The only thing that could be extraordinary is that they announce a new WipeOut during the E3
And this is why they released a remake 1 week before the conference to wait while he released this new game in 1 year or 2 ...

This , would be a Van UBER NEWS :xtree

blackwiggle
13th May 2017, 05:21 PM
Hey Blackwiggle,

Good to hear you've got into the Beta - can I just politely remind you that you are under NDA and not to talk about the game publically. Please don't confirm things / features / modes that are not announced through official channels, (i.e from Sony's Twitter accounts or blog sites) - this may seem minor, however we have a very thoroughly planned news & marketing calendar worked out for this game.

If you have any comments or concerns about the beta, you will have a feedback form you can fill in which (ironically) comes straight to me. There have been several members of this forum who have actually used this process and we've fixed their concerns or implemented new features. (These aren't in the Beta!)

Cheers

OK , I agree ...I've had PM's with Hellfire about what we both mutually feel might need some attention, so I'll leave him to report

JFthebestJan
13th May 2017, 09:38 PM
now it's official, i've fallen to the dark side. i finally signed up for PS+ :|

blackwiggle
14th May 2017, 03:26 AM
I actually originally though that a PS+ subscription was a bit of a rort by Sony, but I ended up getting one anyway for my PS3 which turned out to be just at the right time, I must of got at least 10 major A grade titles in a row for free.
What type of quality free games a month can vary greatly, you might go several months and not bother with any of them, but then get 3 or 4 month in a row where you download all of them.
The good thing is, you tend to try games that you normally would never have considered, the bad thing is, you can end up with a hell of a backlog of games you haven't played, my count is in the mid 50's

KazzyMac
14th May 2017, 04:45 AM
If it helps you can also consider that PS+ also helps to pay towards Sony having better services (most importantly more reliable game servers). ;)

I had no end of trouble with the multiplayer games I tried on PS3, randomly disconnecting/crashing from servers and whatnot. I know HD/Fury has had the occasional hiccup with booting people mid-race, so fingers crossed that doesn't become a problem on Omega.

(( No I'm not trying to brown-nose Sony, I'm just rationalising positives of paying for PS+ alongside the several free games you get every month. :P ))

FunkyMunkyy
14th May 2017, 07:22 AM
Long time lurker here too, just wanted to say hi to everyone! Extremely excited to get on track :)

Racingfan
14th May 2017, 10:53 AM
I got a PS plus in 2012, those were the golden days of PS plus, nowadays it isnt so good for games, i only have plus because of online requirement now

EDIT: Shopto offers steelbook+game+sleeve in one order
http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4WI23-wipeout-omega-collection-steelbook-edition#Top

but its limited to 1 per customer

edit: didnt notice it was sold out :( sorry guys

Force Ten
14th May 2017, 02:39 PM
USA player here, REALLY want that steelbook though trying to order it's been a pain. As said above it's sold out on Shopto and GAME wouldn't accept my debit card for some reason. And apparently Amazon UK can't ship it to the US? WTF? Might have to just settle for the vanilla physical US release. :/

Racingfan
14th May 2017, 02:52 PM
Have you contacted Amazon uk support? it might say it wont ship to you, but maybe support can do it manually for you

they didn't ship the omega bundle to my country so i asked and they did it for me

try it out :)

Cheapether
14th May 2017, 04:25 PM
http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps4/g54402-wipeout-omega-collection-steelbook

They're still selling their copies with both the steelbook and classic sleeve listed, at least at the time of this post.

This whole thing has been really poorly managed, at least from a marketing standpoint. Any time there are fans - eager, eager fans - with cash in hand, they shouldn't have to endure this much trouble just trying to figure out where to put their money. I mean, you've got people who are outright saying they will purchase multiple copies of the game if need be, and there is still confusion as to what is officially bundled with what. I purchased my copy from GAME and I have yet to figure out whether or not my copy will include the classic sleeve along with the steelbook I ordered, leaving me to wonder if I will essentially be left with less product - for the same price, mind you - than other customers just because I wasn't told that the sleeve and steelbook were only a combined product with certain retailers. What a sh!t-show.

multibodydynamics
14th May 2017, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and speculate about typos again. This time I think that shopto.net have done a typo. It's not their steelbook that will come with the sleeve, it's the standard game. They added the sleeve to their standard game a few days ago and now added the info "Sleeve included" to the wrong product. And yes, these different versions of physical releases in different regions has been total chaos from day one. Very badly managed unfortunately.

Concealed Sequence
14th May 2017, 08:21 PM
I just want the damn game! 🙂

Hybrid Divide
14th May 2017, 09:18 PM
Has there been any word about AUS getting that classic sleeve yet? Or for that matter, the US?

If neither are getting it, I need to make other plans!

Force Ten
14th May 2017, 09:44 PM
So I've tried to get it through Grainger Games for now (if THIS doesn't work Imma just go ahead with the Amazon suggestion from earlier, loss of classic sleeve be damned), it's giving me an error upon filling everything in the Confirm and Pay page: "3147 : The BillingState field is required." There's no other field for me to fill out. Can't even use their contact us page right now to ask about this, all the fields are greyed out and unclickable and stuff! And their site seems to be absurdly slow right now. @_@

blackwiggle
14th May 2017, 10:56 PM
Has there been any word about AUS getting that classic sleeve yet? Or for that matter, the US?

If neither are getting it, I need to make other plans!

No, the classic sleeve hasn't been made available here, and it appears the the Steelbox edition has sold out, so only the standard edition available

multibodydynamics
15th May 2017, 08:56 AM
Now graingergames also states that they will include the sleeve with the steelbook version for pre-orders so it is not a typo as I first guessed. For PAL-land there are 2 releases, standard and steelbook and for both versions they will throw in the sleeve while stocks last.

Racingfan
15th May 2017, 09:35 AM
thanks, i ordered two so i get it in one package, and canceled my base + amazon orders :P

worldwide shipping is 6 pounds, but a additional item cost a extra 2 pound

UB3R~JKP
15th May 2017, 10:20 AM
Picking up on comments from the previous page, I will also be renewing my PS+ for the first time in 4 months for Omega Collection. It'll be literally the only game I play online for quite a while but it will be worth it.

Can't wait to hit the track and catch up with new and old pilots alike. :D

FunkyMunkyy
15th May 2017, 01:06 PM
Psplus can be a very mixed bag. Gave me some gems like rocket league :) breathed some more life into wipeout hd online too back in the day.

On another note... One of my favourite features in 2048 was when doing the speed laps, it would automatically find the next best ghost in the leaderboards to race against. You could set it to friends only too. Would be a pleasant surprise if this was in Omega.

TheConzio
15th May 2017, 01:49 PM
Same deal with PS+ for me, I had it once in 2013 I think for a while but will be getting it again when I get a PS4 for Omega (which is required to play online anyway).

Racingfan
15th May 2017, 02:57 PM
Yeah it be amazing if omega becomes available on plus in like 2 years after release

when i played table top racing on release (it was on plus) there was like 60+ lobbies,

On another note... One of my favourite features in 2048 was when doing the speed laps, it would automatically find the next best ghost in the leaderboards to race against. You could set it to friends only too. Would be a pleasant surprise if this was in Omega.

hope so, but they need to improve the ghost feature by letting us choose which player on leaderboard we can ghost race with

blackwiggle
15th May 2017, 09:32 PM
If it isn't made a feature in the Omega Pack, you should be able to do it the same convoluted way we did it with HD on the PS3, and that's to go into your game saved data, look up the particular ghost save [track & speed] you want, either copy it and save it elsewhere, or delete it, and ask the person who has the faster time to post their ghost save data so it can be installed on your console, which you can then race against.

The file sizes are only around 200 to 300 KB if I remember correctly, so easy to post as a attachment at the forum

Here's a link to a old forum post, with some saves attached on what I mean.....Oop's, sorry, wrong link, that was for PC emulation.
I'll find the correct one and post it later.

XxSuperRyugaxX
16th May 2017, 08:18 AM
If it isn't made a feature in the Omega Pack, you should be able to do it the same convoluted way we did it with HD on the PS3, and that's to go into your game saved data, look up the particular ghost save [track & speed] you want, either copy it and save it elsewhere, or delete it, and ask the person who has the faster time to post their ghost save data so it can be installed on your console, which you can then race against.

The file sizes are only around 200 to 300 KB if I remember correctly, so easy to post as a attachment at the forum

Here's a link to a old forum post, with some saves attached on what I mean.....Oop's, sorry, wrong link, that was for PC emulation.
I'll find the correct one and post it later.

If I'm not wrong there's no way to transfer Save data from other users in our PS4. What you can do is to backup your personal savedata in an online server, that can be recovered later if you ( for example ) format your PS4, but but you can't transfer it to a USB Device. Also you need PS Plus for all this. Correct me if I'm wrong!

nu9get
16th May 2017, 08:34 AM
it s not the campaign saved data, but only ghosts (they was saved in another folder in wo hd on ps3) so maybe they can be shared only by copy and paste em

NotEnoughRed
16th May 2017, 09:20 AM
it s not the campaign saved data, but only ghosts (they was saved in another folder in wo hd on ps3) so maybe they can be shared only by copy and paste em

Save games / Data aren't transferable on the PS4 (they are tied to a specific account) - so you can't copy data between machines.

JFthebestJan
16th May 2017, 11:19 AM
...but you can't transfer it to a USB Device. Also you need PS Plus for all this...

that's not correct, it's very possible to copy savedata to an USB, and PS+ isn't required to do so. i myself used it to 'save exploit' in 'Zen Pinball 2' to get an ultra hard trophy (Purge the World).

XxSuperRyugaxX
16th May 2017, 05:44 PM
that's not correct, it's very possible to copy savedata to an USB, and PS+ isn't required to do so. i myself used it to 'save exploit' in 'Zen Pinball 2' to get an ultra hard trophy (Purge the World).

Oh, really? I didn't know, when I tried to see if I could do something like that I only noticed the option I said before, maybe a distraction :p

Btw since Omega Collection has content from also Fury, will it have some of its soundtracks? Can't never forget how Zone Mode sounds amazing with The Crystal Method - Acetone

Ace3000
17th May 2017, 04:27 AM
It actually sounds like it's got a completely new soundtrack.

Racingfan
17th May 2017, 12:54 PM
confirmed so far is the prodigy, ,the chemical brothers, swedish house mafia and DJ kentaro. hope they surprises us with Orbital :P

2048 had 1 prodigy track and 1 chemical brothers track so maybe those wil be in omega

since it has prodigy i hope firestarter is in omega :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Lk3DNV4pg

dmcclusky1234
17th May 2017, 02:00 PM
Is there anything about the second screen option on your phone/Vita? It sounds like a cool idea if you could do a speed lap/time trial, and your second screen could show you other players time, and you could pick the times to try to beat.
Or even do a race and see the opponents ship position.

Concealed Sequence
17th May 2017, 02:20 PM
confirmed so far is the prodigy, ,the chemical brothers, swedish house mafia and DJ kentaro. hope they surprises us with Orbital :P

2048 had 1 prodigy track and 1 chemical brothers track so maybe those wil be in omega

I too am hoping Orbital will be included!

Force Ten
17th May 2017, 10:37 PM
Alrighty! I decided to get the steelbook by itself from Amazon, since it seemed to be the only place I could get it on its own. I was under the impression it wouldn't ship cause of it saying it wouldn't ship to the US but I was able to check out just fine. Now to just get the game over here. Only thing missing is the classic sleeve but that's alright I guess.

Dylan061997
18th May 2017, 07:40 AM
I just pre-order the game see you all on the tracks ;)

AdHoc
18th May 2017, 08:02 AM
So weird seeing DJ Kentaro linked to WipEout, but great news.

Same about the others.

If Firestarter is in it, they better use the instrumental version or I’m gon’ be mad.

Racingfan
19th May 2017, 10:26 AM
soundtrack reveal on wednesday

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/865492743220453376

Ace3000
19th May 2017, 10:53 AM
I'm hyped!

FunkyMunkyy
19th May 2017, 12:02 PM
Mostly used custom soundtracks in HD, wipeout works with all genres imo! But yeah, half excited for this reveal :)

Here's an Omega sound design article too: https://twitter.com/LoicCouthier/status/865146467287216129

Concealed Sequence
19th May 2017, 01:12 PM
Roll on Wednesday!!!

dontmindlosing
19th May 2017, 03:04 PM
Apologies if this has been answered. I've tried combing this thread before posting: Has anyone been able to confirm if the North American Physical Edition includes Van Uber, exactly like it says it does here when you select Physical Standard Version: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/

If so, could that detail be added to the All details currently known section at the top of the post, please?

The ambiguity surrounding the fine details of this game is distressing for all us excited anti-grav racers, eh?

FunkyMunkyy
19th May 2017, 03:21 PM
From what I've read, van uber is with every version of the game, Tigron limited to digital. Don't think region matters in this regard. You're right though, all the different versions are pretty confusing.

nu9get
19th May 2017, 03:25 PM
@funkymunkyy no, is the opposite: tigron in all, van uber only digital.

FunkyMunkyy
19th May 2017, 04:16 PM
Ah, right you are! Oops!

dontmindlosing
19th May 2017, 04:20 PM
For good measure, I'll include the actual text to highlight the differences in wording between the GB and CA versions. The GB version makes it clear that Van Uber is digital only. (edit: Does it require pre-order though? That is still not clear to me.) The CA wording indicates that Van Uber is included in both digital and physical versions whether you pre-order or not. The only pre-order bonuses in CA are dynamic/static themes depending on version. What I am asking is: can this be confirmed?

GB Version (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/)

Retail pre-order
Head over to your local shop to pre-order WipEout Omega Collection from 30 March, and you’ll get the following extras:
Steelbook edition of WipEout Omega Collection.
Downloadable PS4 themes featuring four WipEout teams: Feisar, Quirex, Auricom and AG-Sys.

Digital pre-order
If you prefer to stay in the digital domain, visit PlayStation Store to pre-order WipEout Omega Collection for the following:
Dynamic Theme, which turns your PS4 home screen into a gravity defying WipEout Omega Collection demonstration, complete with a close up look at three ships.
By buying the digital edition version of WipEout Omega Collection, you’ll also get exclusive avatars, a Van Uber ship and a digital artbook.

CA Version (https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/wipeout-omega-collection-ps4/)

Digital Standard Edition
Pre-order at the PlayStation Store and instantly receive an exclusive Dynamic PS4 Theme. The digital version includes:
Standard Game
NEW Van Uber Ship
4 PS4 Avatars (Feisar, Quirex, Auricom, AG-Sys)

Physical Standard Edition
Pre-order at retail and receive 4 Static PS4 Themes. The physical version includes:
Standard Game
NEW Van Uber Ship
4 PS4 Avatars (Feisar, Quirex, Auricom, AG-Sys)

Kurlija
19th May 2017, 07:39 PM
I'm with you on this, I'm banking on it being true (pre-ordered a Canadian disc release), but I'd still like confirmation.

I tried asking on the Sony XDev and Ask Playstation twitter accounts, but haven't received any response aside from a generic "Stay tuned to our blog for updates and news" response from the latter.

dontmindlosing
19th May 2017, 09:03 PM
Thanks for having tried. Hope you get your Van Uber included on day one.

New game releases. They're the real test of our patience, aren't they?

PureSpeed7
19th May 2017, 09:19 PM
Ooh! I can't wait till wednesday! PETROL and Landmass would be awesome!

Cheapether
19th May 2017, 09:41 PM
While I’m grateful for the game itself, it would be remiss of me not to continually point out just how strangely this game has been handled from a marketing standpoint. I mean, think about it like this: This is a dedicated forum, chock full of individuals who are likely the most committed to diligently poring over every available detail of the game, and there are still dozens of posts speculating as to what will or will not be included in the game – a game that Sony is actively encouraging customers to pre-order – with just over two weeks until delivery. :|

Dawn_Fire_
19th May 2017, 10:29 PM
Marketing wise, i've been impressed with the exposure of WipEout this time, Seems like it's getting some good ads and vids and the playstation accounts on social media are putting stuff out there and actually talking about the game which is really nice to see. But i agree with the slight confusion of what comes with what version and also about the fact that even the hardcore faithful have no idea!

Soundtrack wise, and for nostalgia, i would love some Cold Storage. I love Onyx from Pure and Body in Motion from 2097 was my fav track from that game, probably came from playing the demo with that song on it over and over back in ye olde days.

The article FunkyMunkyy linked says 28 tracks, so that's awesome.

Force Ten
19th May 2017, 10:37 PM
I'm probably just gonna preorder the physical game just in case there is some special thing. Maybe, maybe not, WHATEVER MAN. @_@

Cheapether
20th May 2017, 02:05 AM
I'd love to see CoLD SToRAGE on Omega's soundtrack, but I haven't seen/heard/read anything about him being involved with it at all. Tim Wright (CoLD SToRAGE) has actually had some reoccurring health issues since late last year. He's just posted on his Facebook pages that he is on the mend, and is committing himself to finishing his Ch'illout album, which is now considerably past deadline; some who pre-ordered the album were becoming alarmed by weeks and weeks of radio silence, especially knowing the man was in poor health at the time of his last posting. Having said that, it's difficult to say whether or not Wright was/is able to collaborate with Sony. It would be fantastic to have him represented on the soundtrack, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this pic of the new Van-Uber ship on a Playstation Asia press release page. Interesting design.

https://asia.playstation.com/en-hk/press-releases/2017/1h/20170516-wipeout/

AdHoc
20th May 2017, 02:43 AM
More than the ambiguous communication, one shouldn’t forget that we’re basically being drawn into buying the same thing AGAIN.

For the executives at Sony, seeing us falling for this must be a godsend. They probably think we’re stupid, when really we’re just desperate.

This is why I keep talking about the future of the franchise. I don’t care for a re-edition, I want new content :(

Concealed Sequence
20th May 2017, 02:46 AM
Ooh! I can't wait till wednesday! PETROL and Landmass would be awesome!

So do I! PETROL is my all time favourite track.

Snakenator1
20th May 2017, 08:55 AM
More than the ambiguous communication, one shouldn’t forget that we’re basically being drawn into buying the same thing AGAIN.

For the executives at Sony, seeing us falling for this must be a godsend. They probably think we’re stupid, when really we’re just desperate.

This is why I keep talking about the future of the franchise. I don’t care for a re-edition, I want new content :(

Its more likely sony thinks that the wipeout community is dead rather than think we're stupid. Remember the one important aspect that all the developers have said, this is testing the waters to see if a new game is viable. Sony aren't just gonna dump a ton of money into a new game if no one will buy it. I mean Sony shut down Studio Liverpool because they thought futuristic racers were no longer popular.
I know you want new content, we all do, but this is our only chance to prove to Sony that a new game is viable. That is why everyone is trying to support this remaster, because if we don't, wipeout will die out. Its our last lifeline and so regardless if its old content, it needs our love to bring our beloved franchise back.

AGSys
20th May 2017, 09:40 AM
Plus hey, some of us still haven't gotten a chance to play 2048 so it's not too bad of a deal overall! I mean, it could've been like 20 bucks cheaper, but hell, like you said, we need to show them there's still a market out there for futuristic racers.

AdHoc
20th May 2017, 09:41 AM
See, that’s where we disagree.

It is NOT our job to please THEM. You’re basically saying "let’s give that wealthy multinational money to they can decide if we should give them even more money." Probing the market is a common business strategy, but only to a certain extent.

What’s to say they’re not going to opt for DLCs for Omega during the next 15 years, because "according to our sales numbers, a whole new game wouldn’t be viable"?

The way you cater for your numbers is by innovating and bringing something new to your customers. It’s mostly fans like us who will buy this reedition. And that’s exactly how we’re likely to be deprived from an actual sequel, because they made the wrong move.

I mean, just how hard/expensive would it have been to at least remodel the ships and create a few new tracks, even with existing assets and the current engine?

/rant

TheConzio
20th May 2017, 09:48 AM
With what Snake has said, I reckon we should do our best to make the most out of Omega, such as youtube tutorials for new players to the game. I reckon a good ol' WZ tournament would be great to encourage new players to participate. The REBIRTH tournament got me seriously into Wipeout instead of only playing it when I had friends over.

Snakenator1
20th May 2017, 10:15 AM
I'm not trying to argue with you adhoc, but we can't sit here moaning about getting some rehashed content.

Granted I don't know how hard/expensive it would be to create a new wipeout game, I also won't lie about the fact that Sony are greedy and took the easy way with this. But this is the modern market we're living in and we're a niche market compared to all the other games out there. Corporations only care about the games that bring the most profit, Sony do not care about how much we love wipeout, if it flops then the series will be shelved forever so we have to support it where we can.

All I'm trying to say is that we should all be thankful that we're getting something. I'm sure everyone at Xdev, Clever Beans and EPOS have given up a lot of their time and worked extremely hard to bring us this remaster. We all should show our appreciation by supporting the game so they all know we care about the effort they put in. All the developers could of easily said no, made a completely different game and left us in the dark for many years. However they share the same passion as us so we need to unite to get our new game to become a reality.

Hellfire_WZ
20th May 2017, 11:14 AM
^ What he said

AdHoc
20th May 2017, 11:30 AM
There is truth in what you say, snakenator1. All is not black and white... but definitely much darker than white.

I probably have a rebellious fiber in me that stops me from bending over so easily. But what choice have we anyway?

This is not aimed specifically at Sony or "today’s market"; it’s just a statement: sometimes it takes balls and honour to achieve great things. None of which they have.

tl;dr they’re not wrong, but they’re certainly not right.

tug_14
20th May 2017, 11:41 AM
I probably have a rebellious fiber in me that stops me from bending over so easily.

May be your french side ...:g

Snakenator1
20th May 2017, 11:47 AM
I totally understand where you're coming from Adhoc because I feel exactly the same way, I too want a brand new wipeout so badly and agree with your views wholeheartedly. But we must appreciate what we have for now and stay determined as one day, a new wipeout will become reality. Most other game franchises lack one thing: a community like us who stick together through thick and thin ^^

scalliano
20th May 2017, 11:52 AM

They announced a while ago that the soundtrack would feature some classic tracks, in which case they NEED to include some FSOL. Papua New Guinea is my personal favourite track from the entire series, but I'd be happy with Explosive or Landmass.

Also Underworld - Pearl's Girl (Tin There) ;)

AdHoc
20th May 2017, 12:03 PM
May be your french side ...:g

Probably :g

I totally understand where you're coming from Adhoc because I feel exactly the same way, I too want a brand new wipeout so badly and agree with your views wholeheartedly. But we must appreciate what we have for now and stay determined as one day, a new wipeout will become reality. Most other game franchises lack one thing: a community like us who stick together through thick and thin ^^

Agreed :nod I’m excited anyway, and glad WipEout is still alive :)

Racingfan
20th May 2017, 12:31 PM
just noticed the spine on the cover is different in US

https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/5836/5836403cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

heres eu https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/847489782791913472

the us version of omega has clever beans logo in front of cover too

FunkyMunkyy
20th May 2017, 04:39 PM
Dang, prefer the US one! Will have to import one :P

Racingfan
20th May 2017, 10:07 PM
yeah i also prefer the US one

link for those who want to import US version http://www.play-asia.com/wipeout-omega-collection/13/70b2st

also no CoLD SToRaGE in omega :(

https://twitter.com/CoLDSToRAGE/status/865993309814222849
:(

Cheapether
20th May 2017, 10:57 PM
A post-release patch that enables custom soundtracks would be much appreciated by the fanbase. Readying such a thing before release is an understandably unrealistic expectation, but it is not as if the feature could not be implemented at all; at least, I assume so. If such a feature was added somewhere down the line, then Tim could feel free to produce appropriate tracks at his leisure, not unlike he did for HD/Fury.

I know that the moment the CoLD SToRAGE tracks for HD/Fury became available, I personally made it a priority to get them into the game's soundtrack as soon as possible. Even if newer tracks were out of the question, given Tim's own time constraints/health, I would use the first opportunity to import his already available tracks into Omega on sheer principle. That is, if Sony should supply the opportunity.

Racingfan
21st May 2017, 12:21 PM
there wont be custom music ingame due to sony's policy

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3vwrv5/the_reason_why_ps4_games_dont_have_custom_mp3/?st=j2yo6a8l&sh=7f835905

:(

you can still use media player on ps4 to play mp3 music tho, and it also works ingame

Force Ten
21st May 2017, 02:11 PM
Hopefully Zone mode's visuals still react to the music being played through those services, don't think I've seen confirmation of that anywhere.

Jonny
21st May 2017, 09:36 PM
I mean, the obvious thing is that this is a money squeezer title and there are enough people - including me - who actually only get a PS4 for this title alone (not meaning I won't get other games for it, but OC pushed my deciusion).

But all this is great though, I actually witness the release of a new WipEout title. Seems like I am not so new to this series anymore afterall~

Snakenator1
21st May 2017, 11:14 PM
Its awesome that since omega collection has been announced, the HD servers have picked up again. A few nights ago this happened which was a real treat being the FEISAR fan I am ^^

#FeisarBrigade

TheConzio
22nd May 2017, 02:41 AM
Huh, whenever I play it's still the usual ghost town.. Must be a timezone thing

Update: just did some online racing and voice chat was actually working!?

KazzyMac
22nd May 2017, 03:24 AM
People coming back to play/practice on HD/Fury is good. :hyper yep.

To be honest, what I'm going to be doing the Tuesday night when the game launches ... going straight into 2048! Haha. I'll try and stream it too, though I guess everybody here will be too busy playing the game. :V

Anyway, question time; a few pages/posts back someone mentioned Cold Storage (sic) did some unofficial tracks for HD/Fury? If so, is there somewhere where I can check them out/get hold of them (if they're free?) Hate to ask directly, but that dude's done some pretty stellar songs in the past and I'd be doing the series a disservice if I didn't at the least listen to them. :(

Hybrid Divide
22nd May 2017, 04:18 AM
Here ya go!

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/cold-storage-hd

He has a lot of other stuff up on that bandcamp, too. As well as an upcoming album of chill WipEout remixes called Chill'Out"! I've heard a few demo bits he's posted, and they sound really good!

TheConzio
22nd May 2017, 08:20 AM
Preordered Ch'illout" physically a while back, can't wait for release (supposedly early June, like Omega)

Jonny
22nd May 2017, 09:30 AM
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=%2Fm%2F0349k9
It's moving up.

Racingfan
22nd May 2017, 12:44 PM
the voice chat is really weird in HD/Fury.
it must be broken or something because i only heard someone talk once for a second in 10k races unless nobody uses a mic for this game
the soundtracks will be revealed on wednesday at 8pm BST and maybe being live streamed too? :O
https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/866602151841234944
a cool artwork i saw on twitter https://twitter.com/Bad_Dps/status/866581995354238977

Its awesome that since omega collection has been announced, the HD servers have picked up again. A few nights ago this happened which was a real treat being the FEISAR fan I am ^^

#FeisarBrigade

Feisar is best of course :D

Snakenator1
22nd May 2017, 01:00 PM
I need to brush up my piloting skills again because you really did trounce me all weekend RacingFan, but I was having absolutely terrible luck with the weapons all weekend so turbo's were a rare sight. Had to go red just to remain competitive in that lobby :P
Totally not making up excuses for the fact I lost several races

P.S I hate you, I was going to win that Sebenco Climb race on Sunday but of course I had 12% shield and you got a missile on the very last corner of lap 5. You had no right to end me like that xD

Racingfan
22nd May 2017, 01:56 PM
warming up for omega ;)

its hard to get used to 2048 again after playing hd fury :lol

that missile was epic :lol

TheConzio
22nd May 2017, 01:59 PM
a cool artwork i saw on twitter https://twitter.com/Bad_Dps/status/866581995354238977

Damn that's nice!

blackwiggle
22nd May 2017, 02:15 PM
the voice chat is really weird in HD/Fury.
it must be broken or something because i only heard someone talk once for a second in 10k races unless nobody uses a mic for this game
the soundtracks will be revealed on wednesday at 8pm BST and maybe being live streamed too? :O
https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/866602151841234944

Feisar is best of course :D

The voice chat only briefly worked on HD PS3 version over the first few days, the bigger the user group became, the worse Voice chat became, it eventually wasn't working after the first week......since so few using the PS3 HD online, it basically brings the server back to year one [although in bad need of a service] hence the online voice chat 'Might' work, at least briefly.

I gather some new PS4 version of communication is being the one recommended for the Omega Pack.....but I think that might be server specific on how well it works, I haven't tried.

Suggest anybody playing the PS3 version of HD/Fury try changing their server region in options, see if a change makes it better or not.
I know from previous experience that changing servers might give you better speed and all features working ETC, but you might [probably won't] see everybody that is online when you do so, the lobby will be limited to your region for the most part [which you could very well find empty for the vast majority of the time], pretty useless when you want to arrange a match up against somebody on the other side of the world, which is usually the case with wipeout.......suggest you test yourselves and record percentage of lobby full in your region, then switch region and record percentage of lobby again when switched to EU.......you will find a lot of EU hosts/ or players, not available in your none EU region [depends on just how full the EU lobby is].....the same situation will happen with the new servers, as they are set up in exactly the same way.

TiGr0n Enterprises
22nd May 2017, 03:04 PM
Hello Guys,

I know this could be off topic but I really want to get a PS4 for the Omega Collection. I loved playing HD online and want to get back in the community. One question for those who played the beta: Is there a real difference between the standard PS4 and the Pro in terms of graphics detail and framerate ? Some big game websites only told about 4K and HDR, my local store has the Slim for 200 bucks so it would be nice if there isnt such a big difference. The Pro still costs 400 bucks there and I dont even have a 4K screen.

Please help me out.

nu9get
22nd May 2017, 03:13 PM
Please help me out.

we can do a crowdfunding

Racingfan
22nd May 2017, 03:15 PM
Hi

beta is NDA

xdev confirmed there was downsampling so you may get a cleaner image on a 1080p screen using a ps4 pro

but its not worth to spend 200 usd extra just for that IMO

XxSuperRyugaxX
22nd May 2017, 04:31 PM
Hello Guys,

I know this could be off topic but I really want to get a PS4 for the Omega Collection. I loved playing HD online and want to get back in the community. One question for those who played the beta: Is there a real difference between the standard PS4 and the Pro in terms of graphics detail and framerate ? Some big game websites only told about 4K and HDR, my local store has the Slim for 200 bucks so it would be nice if there isnt such a big difference. The Pro still costs 400 bucks there and I dont even have a 4K screen.

Please help me out.

I would go for the Slim. Yeah, probably the best results will be with a PS4 Pro, but as you said, you also need a 4K TV, plus you have to pay more for the PS4 itself. Well, it depends by your money, but I would go for the Slim as I think there won't be much difference, 4K isn't used at his full power yet so I think that we'll have still great results with a normal PS4.

For the chat thing that was broken on WipEout HD/Fury, I think it will be fixed on Omega, but anyway it isn't important because on PS4 nobody use the chat from the game, to create a Party is the solution

TiGr0n Enterprises
22nd May 2017, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the quick response! :)

I will go to the store tomorrow and pick up the Slim. Its great to be back in such a great community. See y'all on the track! 8)

Snakenator1
22nd May 2017, 05:59 PM
So I was just sifting through my photo albums looking for a picture that I need for an assignment, and I found this old thing. A little meme by me and Ace3000 a while back, now it can be relevant again :lol
(And for the record, yes I am procrastinating)

Jonny
22nd May 2017, 09:54 PM
And for the record, I didn't expect anything else :D

AdHoc
23rd May 2017, 02:25 AM
The PS4 Pro also consumes a lot more electricity than the standard PS4, which will make a difference on your power bill over time!

Ace3000
23rd May 2017, 05:03 AM
So I was just sifting through my photo albums looking for a picture that I need for an assignment, and I found this old thing. A little meme by me and Ace3000 a while back, now it can be relevant again :lol
(And for the record, yes I am procrastinating)

Hi! :D

blackwiggle
23rd May 2017, 05:48 AM
The PS4 Pro can have other more drastic issues than consuming more power if you read various posts about it around the various gaming sites.
From reading the various problems with the PS4 Pro, I think Sony might of beefed up the CPC & GPU but left the power supply the same as on the standard PS4, as a lot of the problems seem to happen when there is something plugged into the USB ports, and when the console is set to output a 4K signal, and in Boost Mode, this is causing the console to shut down.

Even if you have a 4K TV there are still problems getting things to playback properly, this is caused by a basic flaw in early 4K equipment being rushed onto the market, in that the 4K HDCP hadn't been ratified, which basically means that all 4K players, surround amps and TV's / PJ's etc should be able to transmit, pass through and accept a HDMI 2.2 cable and signal, but most of them don't
I'm still not sure that it has been sorted out, there was a meeting at the C.E.S show in Jan this year by the manufactures to sort one out, but if anything came of it, I don't know.....you can read about the problem in the link below.
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/everything-you-know-about-4k-ultra-hd-is-probably-wrong-thanks-to-hdcp-2-2-1256763

Exactly the same sort of thing happened with the PS3 early in the game, as each manufacturer implemented the , then new, HDMI spec differently, and there were loads of equipment incompatibilities happening because it.

Personally I'd leave the PS4 Pro, and 4K playback generally alone till this mess is sorted

Concealed Sequence
23rd May 2017, 07:27 AM
Fortunately my Sony 4k TV and ps4 pro have been ok so far....

deaddoctor2010
23rd May 2017, 07:31 AM
Hey all,

Just letting you know I've a community on the PS4 for WipEout Omega (and every other WipEout game) called WipEout Omega Community, theres already quite a few Zone members on there already (160 members at my last count).

feel free to join :)

XxSuperRyugaxX
23rd May 2017, 08:37 AM
Great! I'll be in :)

Btw played yesterday some WipEout Pulse after years of not touching WipEout, I need to be prepared for the Omega release! I did some zone sessions, I'll post a video later :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
23rd May 2017, 09:05 AM
And while you're at it, there's also a WipeoutZone community group up there too ;)

OBH
23rd May 2017, 09:27 AM
Is that new? I was looking for one last week.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd May 2017, 09:29 AM
It went up yesterday. I'm planning to use it as a hub for community events once Omega is released

OBH
23rd May 2017, 09:34 AM
Great stuff. The event calendar is finally going to get some use!

A spectator mode as well though would just....

XxSuperRyugaxX
23rd May 2017, 10:33 AM
And while you're at it, there's also a WipeoutZone community group up there too ;)

How do I find it? I want to join there too :)

blackwiggle
23rd May 2017, 10:40 AM
If your PSNID is still the same as it's written near your forum join date, and location at the top right of you post somebody will send you a invite.

deaddoctor2010
23rd May 2017, 10:41 AM
It went up yesterday. I'm planning to use it as a hub for community events once Omega is released

Cool, would you be up for an alliance?
For example sharing each others community for things like events and stuff. (or how ever people normally go about it.)

My group is mainly for discussing WipEout Omega and other WipEout Games. Also for those who need help with certain trophies.

I was thinking of hosting Team events each week with the first being Feisar. where each player uses the same ship/team in a series of events.

(Talking of trophies could do with some help getting the 2048 MP trophies if anyone still plays that)

Dylan061997
23rd May 2017, 10:51 AM
Me too i want to join the community :g , you can see my PSN here :g (which hellfire created i want to join)

Hellfire_WZ
23rd May 2017, 11:26 AM
It's a public group, just search for WipeoutZone and you should find it :)

Cool, would you be up for an alliance?
For example sharing each others community for things like events and stuff. (or how ever people normally go about it.)

Absolutely, the more the better! I've joined your one too :)

Dylan061997
23rd May 2017, 11:40 AM
Found it thx hellfire :g

deaddoctor2010
23rd May 2017, 11:52 AM
Absolutely, the more the better! I've joined your one too :)

Cool, I've joined your community too. I think i was the 21st member to do so :)
I posted a screenshot of your community on mine... and shared the event I mentioned.

greenymac
23rd May 2017, 12:13 PM
Ok guys, I'm baaaaaaaaaack....Damn I've missed this place.

Dawn_Fire_
23rd May 2017, 12:15 PM
If anyone in the UK wanted to get hold of that cool ad art in real life, i can confirm it is in this months issues of GAMES TM, Retro Gamer and Gamesmaster magazines.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DARHOSqXYAElC0Q.jpg:large

Obviously you'll have the page crease, but in case anyone wanted it, it's in those mags...

XxSuperRyugaxX
23rd May 2017, 12:21 PM
Joined at both Communities! We just can't wait anymore for this release :hyper

Getting prepared!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKF0WBoQ1TM

dmcclusky1234
23rd May 2017, 01:58 PM
I believe I was the 17th Person in the WZ community.Nobody can wait for the release anymore.

Just 24 more hours until the soundtrack gets released... :dizzy

Concealed Sequence
23rd May 2017, 02:11 PM
I'm looking forward to that!

Racingfan
23rd May 2017, 02:23 PM
nice one ryuga

you should do a wipEout pure zone run, the physics there is so weird compared to pulse/HD :lol

MetaKraken
24th May 2017, 01:43 AM
I hope there's a chance we can get both Tigron and Van-Uber as DLC. I will VERY gladly pay to fly those two, amazing ships. :rock

Ace3000
24th May 2017, 04:37 AM
What do you mean? Tigron is in the game from the get-go, and Van-Uber is a digital exclusive. Unless you mean for HD Fury, which I really doubt considering that both games were made by different developers. Sure, the source code may be similar, but the devs may have had different ways in actually making the game work. I dunno, I'm not a game dev.

XxSuperRyugaxX
24th May 2017, 04:51 AM
nice one ryuga

you should do a wipEout pure zone run, the physics there is so weird compared to pulse/HD :lol

Thank you! Yep I remember I saw some videos about it and noticed it was different, I'll give a try :hyper

MetaKraken, as Ace3000 said, Tigron is already included in any version of the game, while Van Uber is a digital exclusive ( maybe it's a digital exclusive pre-order though ). Btw I think that if someone misses it, they'll release it later as a mini DLC. There is a game I play called Dragonball Xenoverse 2 where happened the same thing. If you pre ordered it you could get a secret character, then some months ago they released it as a DLC for everyone that missed it, so probably the same thing will happen to Omega Collection

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj5ehf94fcE&feature=youtu.be

omega review, but its in french

looks like he revealed the soundtracks at 5:53

no oribital, no firestarter, and only 1 track that was from previous games is invaders must die from 2048...

however the gameplay in review is amazing

edit: seems like chrome skins is automatically unlocked at start, and the 2048 extra skins as well, so i guess they removed the online campaign mode too :D

NotEnoughRed
24th May 2017, 10:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj5ehf94fcE&feature=youtu.be

omega review, but its in french

looks like he revealed the soundtracks at 5:53

no oribital, no firestarter, and only 1 track that was from previous games is invaders must die from 2048...

however the gameplay in review is amazing

edit: seems like chrome skins is automatically unlocked at start, and the 2048 extra skins as well, so i guess they removed the online campaign mode too :D

Hey: Just a quick note.. This is footage from the BETA version of the game and isn't the final game. So don't jump to any conclusions ;)

Snakenator1
24th May 2017, 10:39 AM
Somebody made a short quiz on twitter. Naturally I got 8/8 ^^

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/410728/are-you-a-wipeout-expert-en (https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/410728/are-you-a-wipeout-expert-en)

blackwiggle
24th May 2017, 11:53 AM
I'm surprised nobody at the French Wipeout Arena site has posted anything yet, once the game is out I imaging this site will start rocking again.
http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 12:03 PM
Hey: Just a quick note.. This is footage from the BETA version of the game and isn't the final game. So don't jump to any conclusions ;)

oh, thought that was a review copy of full game

anyway someone uploaded a playlist of 22 out of 27? soundtracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PygH6bWyblE&index=8&list=PLznsasHit-krmzNyz2zQ7OFkGRRjF8Jrd

tug_14
24th May 2017, 12:34 PM
HI Another vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3GJ8GK1nk0

Racingfan
24th May 2017, 12:37 PM
i think thats the PSX build of the game

EDIT: the guy who uploaded the review deleted the video :(

yawnstretch
24th May 2017, 03:31 PM
Anyone know how to pre-order the chillout album from Tim?

Also, there is a background music media player on ps4 isn't there? I'm away from my console at the moment. That's how I play music with 2048 on vita.

Concealed Sequence
24th May 2017, 04:31 PM
So when/where do we get the official word on the soundtrack?