PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Concealed Sequence
4th June 2017, 02:46 PM
I got my 4k TV and PS4 Pro weeks ago. Not just for Wipeout. But I am excited to see it in this format!

Snakenator1
4th June 2017, 03:31 PM
needing to rely on playing multiplayer to reach rank 50. If I can racebox my way to rank 50 with reasonable XP payouts

Ah right that's what you mean't :P

Well there is no multiplayer campaign or multiplayer XP system for 2048. Basically you should reach or at least be very close to rank 50 by the time you complete the standard 2048 campaign.

Racingfan
4th June 2017, 03:51 PM
^ this

the online has the same rank system as HD so it goes from 1 to 101

more info with online

spectator mode is removed

Im no longer seeing any lag head starts in online so maybe its fixed now?

Fastest lap badge is now fixed

online times no longer counts to single race personal best page

2048 also counts to your online rank

as for speed lap leaderboards... global challenge & friend ghosts has been removed

chalovak
4th June 2017, 08:45 PM
Pre-order download has started. Still you can't use the theme or open the art book. Oh well, two more days.

Concealed Sequence
4th June 2017, 09:06 PM
Same here.

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 09:08 PM
How do you start the download? I can find a button anywhere.

Concealed Sequence
4th June 2017, 09:14 PM
Mines got Auto download selected.

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 09:18 PM
Ah, the download time must start on a regional basis then, cheers for the reply.

deaddoctor2010
4th June 2017, 09:22 PM
and so begins the final two days torcher... Really wanna play.

KazzyMac
4th June 2017, 09:25 PM
Going back to the discussion about differences between PS4 and PS4 Pro;

I noticed in some gameplay footage that there was motion blur (they were playing 2048). But in the video Racingfan put up a few days ago I didn't see any. Is there still motion blur or is that a PS4 Pro-only thing?

I know that blur is a 50/50 opinion but for me due to my eyesight the movement speeds in Wipeout kinda strain my eyes without it. If it's an option on regular PS4s that's going to be good for me. xD.

Hellfire_WZ
4th June 2017, 09:34 PM
There's motion blur on both PS4 and Pro, it can be toggled in the options menu

bigsnake
4th June 2017, 09:36 PM
and so begins the final two days torcher... Really wanna play.

Feeling the pain right with you, these next two days are going to be the longest two days.

OBH
4th June 2017, 09:44 PM
Can we all, please, take a moment to laugh at the knob head who booked his holiday abroad the same day Omega comes out. I'm such a fool :D

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 10:01 PM
RIP in RIP OBH, how long was the holiday you booked?

Hellfire_WZ
4th June 2017, 10:07 PM
KnOBHead

Fits quite well actually ;)

In the meantime, I've spent the last two days gathering footage to use for my tutorial video! So much better when you're not recording off a tiny screen :)

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 10:15 PM
I suppose that this is a question more for NotEnoughRed than anyone else, but what are the chances of an option being implemented so that only the announcer for HD/Fury is used in HD/Fury events? Having the 2048 voices as well as the HD/Fury voice seems like it would get chaotic quickly, especially for newer players.

Racingfan
4th June 2017, 10:32 PM
a+ on pure racing mode is so awesome... thank you so much chris for this game mode!

also i got a badge for most damage with zone battle barriers while playing 2048 pure racing mode... like... what? haha

one thing with online rank leaderboards is that they have pages, and you will be on the leaderboard after one match now

OBH
4th June 2017, 11:14 PM
KnOBHead

Fits quite well actually ;)

Oh my god I've just been absolutely howling with laughter at this!

Racingfan
4th June 2017, 11:50 PM
to those who got the physical copy, did yours come with a voucher code to download the 4 themes? just curious because i didnt get anything

dmcclusky1234
4th June 2017, 11:55 PM
My question is:
I noticed in a video that Triakis had the same team voice as Ag-Systems. Does that mean other teams will use one of the 5 voices?It's been in my head since I heard the team voice for Tigron and Feisar.

Justice & Curtains
4th June 2017, 11:59 PM
It seems that only tigron has a new voice, the others have one of the 2048 voices

KazzyMac
5th June 2017, 12:14 AM
It's preloading on my PS4 now. Woo! (Turned it on to update system software and stuff)

@ Hellfire -- woot! Thanks for letting me know. Great idea to make it an option; these devs are clever beans, eh? (*Bricked for the pun*)

dmcclusky1234
5th June 2017, 12:18 AM
It seems that only tigron has a new voice, the others have one of the 2048 voices

Thanks for the quote. Now a couple days to wonder about Van-Uber... :hyper

Anonanon
5th June 2017, 03:40 AM
Does anyone know if Zone mode runs at full framebuffer resolution now? Back on PS3, Zone tracks ran at a much lower resolution and looks extremely jagged, even in photo mode.

mdhay
5th June 2017, 09:21 AM
This has been bugging me since the soundtrack stream: What's the music used in the menu? I've got it in my head near-constantly! :lol

Sausehuhn
5th June 2017, 09:52 AM
It’s „DFCK“ by „Code:Manta“ :sonar

multibodydynamics
5th June 2017, 10:09 AM
My steelbook has apparently been shipped now but not my standard case with sleeve. It is still on pre-order. I would have thought it would be the other way around but okay I guess. Also can not wait. Will be up on midnight to start playing. ☺

mdhay
5th June 2017, 10:48 AM
It’s „DFCK“ by „Code:Manta“ :sonar

Damn! Can't find that anywhere. I'm likeing Code:Manta though, mmmmm. :)

NotEnoughRed
5th June 2017, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know if Zone mode runs at full framebuffer resolution now? Back on PS3, Zone tracks ran at a much lower resolution and looks extremely jagged, even in photo mode.

Yes, full

- - - Updated - - -

Morning guys, lots of questions over night / weekend:

Remote Play: Yep, it's supported (you can play on your Vita) - you may have to do a bit of remapping for the controls to get it exactly how you like, but it works as it's a technical requirement to do so. We purposely picked a controller keymap that had the most remapping options available to the player.

Remote Play Split Screen: good idea it displaying the two screens separately on the vita / ps4 - could be done, but isn't implemented like that on this PS4 version. (You can still play split screen though)

Share Play: It's possible to "hand" your second joy-pad to a remote player (who doesn't have the game) and play against them for an hour. (Please do this and spread the awesomeness of Wipeout! thanks) (both users will require PS+)

Vita Legacy Controls: You can completely remap the controls to mimic the Vita method of play - we didn't implement "custom maps" for the joypads as we felt players would prefer to be able to customise every button.

Motion Control: Yep, Implemented on all games (2048 too)

Airbrakes: A subtle, but key difference is we made the buttons of the airbrakes analogue reactive, so you can de-press the L2 and R2 buttons by 10% and the airbrakes will respond to 10% "openness" - this wasn't possible on the Vita game. We felt it improved the feel of the Vita ships so kept it.

Music Skip: Touch pad button press.. (Was a fan request)

Pure Mode: Again, another fan request

Sol: Being A and A+ only because of the jump.. Basically, the AI would fail to make the jump in any class below that. Which broke the races. :D

Resolution: The game runs at true 4k when you select "motion blur off" on the PS4 Pro - it is not dynamic, it doesn't switch resolution, the PS4 is not resolution switching at any point. If you can, a 4K TV with HDR is the best way to play WO:OC, but the standard PS4 on a 1080p is like-for-like from a feature point of view. BOOST mode on PS4 pro will not do anything in WO:OC as the game was made for a PS4 Pro (Boost Mode only alters old games)

Cross-Play: The PS4 architecture / and back end server side's have been completely re-written / updated - So no, cross play with Vita / PS3 is never going to happen.

Spectator Mode: We removed the spectator mode in the PS3 version of the game, as it is now supported via the PS4 system, you can "request to watch" another players game-play. And as it's transmitting video, (and not game data) it has no latency.

hmm.. I'll update this as I go... hope everyones excited about the release! :)

Dawn_Fire_
5th June 2017, 11:53 AM
Custom controls is awesome, i know a lot of people were kicking off about the controls in 2048 when it came out, so that should please them!

And the skip music track thing is a great idea, can't wait to give the game a go. SOON!!! :)

OBH
5th June 2017, 12:00 PM
Damn! Can't find that anywhere. I'm likeing Code:Manta though, mmmmm. :)

https://open.spotify.com/user/playstation_music/playlist/3pUSdXB59k5aJy82BZBocy :+

mdhay
5th June 2017, 12:33 PM
Welp, that's me with Spotify now! Thought I'd avoid it for much longer :lol

greenymac
5th June 2017, 12:40 PM
Is it Tuesday yet? I haven't played any Wipeout since 2014 when I sold my PS3, so I'm gonna need some brushing up. Had 2048 on vita but the small screen and the controls killed me on it. Ready to fly high again, boys! (And girls)

Ace3000
5th June 2017, 01:01 PM
It's gonna be another 24 hours for the download version as of now, unfortunately. :(

JFthebestJan
5th June 2017, 01:03 PM
...Sol: Being A and A+ only because of the jump.. Basically, the AI would fail to make the jump in any class below that. Which broke the races. :D ...

i hope this is for single race only, online and Speed Lap and Time Trial should work with the lower speed classes, no?

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 01:29 PM
Sadly its also locked for SL and TT+online but i was thinking that ai was the issue yesterday

when i played single race on A, two of the ai couldnt make the gap for 2 minutes straight... so imagine this in lower classes, the ai wouldnt make it at all :lol :lol :lol

but it shouldnt be locked to SL, TT or MP at all... if you play zone, by the time you reach the gap in sol you will be at C or B Class and you can do it fine

Can also make the gap easier as well if its possible for you guys

- - - Updated - - -

Music Skip: Touch pad button press.. (Was a fan request)

thank you very much for this too, i love listening to swedish house mafia at higher zones, makes it easier to control the ship ;)

chalovak
5th June 2017, 01:43 PM
"After several fatal accidents with low speed classes crafts on the SOL track, AGR committee has decided to allow access to the track for A and A+ Classes only. Any violation of this rule will be met with severe consequences: if not death than life-long expulsion from AGR league. Thank you for your understanding." )))

OveReAction
5th June 2017, 02:56 PM
It's been a long while since I last came here, now that Omega almost here.

Anyway, any chance there'll also have announcer voices from DS4 speakers? Resogun had it, so why not? It'll be rad!

Snakenator1
5th June 2017, 03:03 PM
I wonder if the leech beam will work properly now as well when playing online. Leeching someone to death is always funny ;)

chalovak
5th June 2017, 03:21 PM
Anyway, any chance there'll also have announcer voices from DS4 speakers? Resogun had it, so why not? It'll be rad!

Wow! Awesome idea. I'd like that!

Mooney
5th June 2017, 03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzqUqrf2eFk&feature=youtu.be

nearly time!!

Concealed Sequence
5th June 2017, 03:56 PM
Ah, the download time must start on a regional basis then, cheers for the reply.

You're welcome:)

FunkyMunkyy
5th June 2017, 04:28 PM
Reviews are being released! Complaints of familiarity, it is a remaster! But mostly good :)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=239247459#post239247459

Dawn_Fire_
5th June 2017, 04:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzqUqrf2eFk&feature=youtu.be

nearly time!!

That is a very neat trailer!

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 04:53 PM
I wonder if the leech beam will work properly now as well when playing online. Leeching someone to death is always funny ;)

can confirm this is fixed

however 2048 online... i think they last way too long at default laps

C have 4, B 4, A 5, A+ 6

the tracks are way longer, i just did a A race on capitcal reach, and that lasted 4 minutes

IMO the laps should be C 3 laps, B 3, A 4 laps and A+ 5

yawnstretch
5th June 2017, 05:54 PM
On Sol why can't you just close the gap by sticking in an invisible bridge for the ai or something?

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 06:03 PM
wipeout omega reviews page :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385910

Hybrid Divide
5th June 2017, 06:54 PM
Leave it to WipEout to get great scores on a remaster! :D

Also, I just had to send a tweet to IGN, chiding them for their severe lack of coverage of the Omega Collection. They had a brief mention now and then, but they completely missed the soundtrack reveal.

I partially blame stuff like this for why WipEout doesn't sell as well here. Glad to see lots of other places picking up the slack, though!

DarkRacer95
5th June 2017, 06:57 PM
Personally, I had a problem crossing the gap on the vita in each speed class. It's less noticeable on vita, but I would seldom experience it. Anyway, can't wait to play it Tuesday. I already pre-ordered it and it's waiting to download now. Btw, I'm not worried about trophies as I have both platinum trophies from HD/Fury and 2048, and I've elite completed the fury campaign. Don't see any reason to do it all again.

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 07:14 PM
wasnt leaderboards supposed to be reset today? i want to set records :D

DarkRacer95
5th June 2017, 07:19 PM
Racingfan, how did you unlock the other ship skins for HD/Fury mode? Does it still require certain loyalty status like in the original HD/Fury?

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 07:24 PM
For HD, its same as before

as for fury, same as before

but the new thing now is... at least half of the HD/fury ships are locked till you unlock them by going through the HD campaign

tigron is unlocked when you gold all medals in the first level of hd campaign i think

Justice & Curtains
5th June 2017, 07:26 PM
Speaking of Tigron, the stats are pretty damn good for a craft, potentially to the point of being somewhat OP. If that turns out to be the case, would a rebalance of its stats become a possibility?

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 07:26 PM
its around the same level as icaras i think.

Justice & Curtains
5th June 2017, 07:27 PM
Iirc, its stats are actually better than Icaras in all areas, aren't they?

DarkRacer95
5th June 2017, 07:29 PM
I just happened to see your menu navigation video on youtube and saw that the loyalty status for the teams was surprisingly low, and all the skins were unlocked.

JFthebestJan
5th June 2017, 07:30 PM
very positive review on the biggest trophy site of the interwebs
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/wipeout-omega-collection/review/

Tigron has (mostly) same stats as Icaras, but Icaras remains top notch because it's the smallest craft, which is most important for Speed Lap and Time Trial.

Ghosts of Temtesh
5th June 2017, 07:35 PM
Iirc, its stats are actually better than Icaras in all areas, aren't they?

Compared to Fury Icaras it has the same speed and thrust but its handling and shield is 7/10. Worse handling, better shield.

Justice & Curtains
5th June 2017, 07:40 PM
Welp, nevermind then. Cheers for the reply :)

Mooney
5th June 2017, 07:41 PM
Speaking of Tigron, the stats are pretty damn good for a craft, potentially to the point of being somewhat OP. If that turns out to be the case, would a rebalance of its stats become a possibility?

We aimed the to have the Tigron sit between the Piranha and Icaras. Its not OP :)

dontmindlosing
5th June 2017, 07:44 PM
What about Van Uber? Are we talking about Van Uber yet?

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 07:47 PM
Nothing about van uber, however i seen some people on leaderboards with it, i can ask

Justice & Curtains
5th June 2017, 07:48 PM
We aimed the to have the Tigron sit between the Piranha and Icaras. Its not OP :)

I understand now, I thought that the shield and handling of Icaras was worse than it actually was :) . (On a separate note, the game is looking incredible, especially compared to the PS3 version of HD/Fury)

dontmindlosing
5th June 2017, 07:49 PM
That would be awesome if you could, thx, because I scarcely have the patience to wait another 24-hrs until I find out by myself! ;)

DarkRacer95
5th June 2017, 07:51 PM
Lol, I just looked up the unlock guide for the original HD/Fury and you need 8000 points for each team. As for Van-Uber, I don't think anyone has played with it much cuz it's a digital bonus, most people got the game in the mail early, so they are able to play it early, but they don't get Van-Uber yet. (Just my theory)

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 07:52 PM
Van uber is available for physical copies in US and Asia

dontmindlosing
5th June 2017, 07:55 PM
Van Uber is a digital bonus in Europe. According to the North American Sony site, Van Uber comes with both the physical and digital versions of the game. But it sounds to me like most of the people who have received it early are in Europe.

I'm just excited because this seems like the final mystery!!!

DarkRacer95
5th June 2017, 07:59 PM
I guess I'm still a little confused on the pre-order details, I can confirm that the digital pre-order does get Van-uber and the dynamic theme cuz I just bought it XD!

Cheapether
5th June 2017, 09:16 PM
I literally called Sony's Consumer Services Department to confirm that the information regarding the Van-Uber on Sony's NA and GB sites is correct. Van-Uber as a digital exclusive, as well as being present in physical copies in the US and Asia, was confirmed by the devs themselves on Twitter. The Van-Uber - which could conceivably be a great ship - has gotten very little press; in fact, the only video footage I've seen of the ship is on Sony's most recent ad, where it is shown cruising along at a lower speed setting, in-race, for about two seconds. In contrast, the Tigron got its own release trailer, a model included in press kits, and a 'subtle' appearance at the soundtrack reveal party :lol If Van-Uber were a real racing team, you'd be inclined to believe they spent all of their funding of R&D, and then staffed their marketing department with one intern and the old marketing director for the Betamax.

All joking aside, I've been curious about the Van-Uber from day-one. I knew that the Tigron would be a powerful ship the moment I read about its inclusion in the game; wasn't expecting the relatively weak shield, however, which was a departure from prior versions. The Van-Uber, on the other hand, 'should' be a technically-inclined ship. Past entries would lead you to believe that the handling and/or acceleration would be strong, with shield strength being average at best. Most niches are already filled in the current team lineup, so it will be interesting to see how strengths and weakness are allocated to the ship.

Racingfan
5th June 2017, 10:00 PM
6 Hours left for those in the US!

KazzyMac
5th June 2017, 10:40 PM
Why does America get the game first. :( lol.

My poor PS4 saying '1 day 21 minutes' left ...

blackwiggle
5th June 2017, 10:59 PM
They need the time to practice because they normally drive on the other side of the road ;)

BlueWolf9498
6th June 2017, 12:42 AM
Gives me a bit of time to get the rust off :lol

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 12:47 AM
blue, if you want we can race at midnight your time with nugget

i may be a bit tired though, but im sure we can play :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVyVelgMh2w&t

can't believe its been 6 months ago since reveal :D

AdHoc
6th June 2017, 01:21 AM
So many new posts here, I can’t keep up, so I give up.

Just want to mention that WOOC has received its first reviews and they’re great: over 85% everywhere, 8/10s all round.

greenymac
6th June 2017, 02:26 AM
Won't be long now, pilots....

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 03:46 AM
two new things i noticed

the side shift pitch BR on moa therma reverse is no longer possible, it will just connect you to mag strip now

On metropia reverse, the triple BR is not possible anymore, again it will just connect you to mag strip now

- - - Updated - - -

Just 15 minutes left for NA players!

enjoy everyone! you will enjoy it!

XxSuperRyugaxX
6th June 2017, 04:35 AM
Why does America get the game first. :( lol.

My poor PS4 saying '1 day 21 minutes' left ...

I know your feel bro..

Btw Racing Fan I think leaderboards will be wiped when Europe will receive the game too. At least I think so :p

Anonanon
6th June 2017, 05:19 AM
Morning guys, lots of questions over night / weekend:

hmm.. I'll update this as I go... hope everyones excited about the release! :)

I don't know if you are allowed to talk about this, but will Van Uber eventually become free for all players at a future date, or is it locked behind pre-order forever? Twisted Metal (2012) on PS3 did the same thing where the classic character Axel was also a pre-order character that eventually became free through a patch. I don't have a PS4 yet so I don't want to buy the game yet, but I can't imagine losing access to a pretty viable ship. Thank you!

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 05:21 AM
just tested multiplayer the second us was released. so many joined the lobby :D

lapsed bombs still a issue, and now theyre even harder to see, should have same expire time as mines IMO
should be able to see full lobbies, as at the moment theres only 1 and the other 10 are full lol

Hybrid Divide
6th June 2017, 05:54 AM
So jealous! I don't actually own a PS4 right now. (But hell yes, I did buy multiple copies of this game. Need Sony to get the hint!)

Happy racing, pilots! :D I'll get out on the track eventually...

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 06:36 AM
FYI If you dont see any lobbies, switch to one of the 5 regions in lobby list

TheConzio
6th June 2017, 07:30 AM
Ugh I have people coming over when the game is released here :P The wait is killing me

blackwiggle
6th June 2017, 07:31 AM
I expect a lot of the same issues the PS3 version had with online when the servers get hit hard.....and they are going to get Slammed this weekend, that's for sure [Long weekend in Sydney coming up :) ]

The lapse bomb issue you mentioned, but the main one will the old 'Vista' pads as it was nicknamed here, where weapons pads will be lit up like there is a pick up to be had, but when run over you get nothing, this gets worse the more varied [as in different countries they are from] the amount of pilots are in a particular room.

Feisar31
6th June 2017, 08:11 AM
It's so great to be racing again! I'm very happy with Omega so far. I agree that it would be nice to see the full lobbies. Also I sometimes seemed to have a little delay when flying over a weapon pad before actually receiving the pickup.

See you on the tracks! :robot

Blackcat
6th June 2017, 08:17 AM
Guys,I just join WipEout Omega Community on PS4.

And post message with Van-Über AG Ship screenshot,if anyone get interested

Today just got my retail WipEout Omega and Pre-order bonus

That Digital Artbook is so good,and i spend about half hours play 2048 campaign...just like a dream :beer

chalovak
6th June 2017, 08:21 AM
@Hellfire_WZ, will a troubleshooting and glitches thread be created? Cause I want to point out some visual glitches that have already caught my attention. I really do hope they will be fixed.

blackwiggle
6th June 2017, 09:30 AM
Not really.
I'll create a thread specifically for this .
Titled OMEGA PACK GLITCH's & OTHER PROBLEMS : REPORT PAGE

Dawn_Fire_
6th June 2017, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the neogaf fan album to accompany omega (similar to the one they made years ago and similar to cold storage hd by tim) is out, and it's pretty solid, all should check this one out...download is in the thread. top job by all involved imo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353623&page=3

NotEnoughRed
6th June 2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know if you are allowed to talk about this, but will Van Uber eventually become free for all players at a future date, or is it locked behind pre-order forever? Twisted Metal (2012) on PS3 did the same thing where the classic character Axel was also a pre-order character that eventually became free through a patch. I don't have a PS4 yet so I don't want to buy the game yet, but I can't imagine losing access to a pretty viable ship. Thank you!

I totally don't know the answer to this...

For those curious - The Van Uber is a great all rounder, (it's very very similarly placed to the Feisar)

Ace3000
6th June 2017, 11:31 AM
I'm just sitting here waiting for 10pm my time, that's when the game unlocks here.

...it's currently 7:30pm and I'm dying XD

OBH
6th June 2017, 11:35 AM
Don't give me that. I'm mid way to the airport, currently drinking a Guinness. I can't play it till Monday evening :beer

Ace3000
6th June 2017, 11:49 AM
It's more of an "It's so close and time's moving so slowly" kinda thing XD

multibodydynamics
6th June 2017, 11:52 AM
For you who have played it already. Does voice chat in online lobbies work?

traksta1
6th June 2017, 11:57 AM
Dangit!. The way you were all talking led me to beleive that my hard copy order from Amazon was meant to arrive today. Doh!.

Hope there will be a bit of after release maintenance from the dev team for any problems/glitches in the game too.

UB3R~JKP
6th June 2017, 12:13 PM
Currently working but managed to fit a time trial in on Moa Therma Phantom during lunch.

This game is fantastic but I had to turn off motion blur. Couldn't concentrate at all with it on!

Cheapether
6th June 2017, 12:59 PM
For those curious - The Van Uber is a great all rounder, (it's very very similarly placed to the Feisar)

Called it! I was discussing this with someone back when it was first announced, and I said that the devs going with a ship close to the Pure stats made the most sense, given the rest of the field.

The Van-Uber and the Tigron are such welcome additions; a lot of thought and work went into their inclusion. Wonderful fan service there.

JABBERJAW
6th June 2017, 01:00 PM
Love that Blur can be turned off, always hated it.

Jonny
6th June 2017, 01:51 PM
Guess what just skyrocketed? https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=%2Fm%2F0349k9

Hellfire_WZ
6th June 2017, 01:54 PM
Wow! Eclipses even the release of Wipeout Pure, now that's impressive

keg_11
6th June 2017, 02:44 PM
Wipeout Omega Collection now available in Australia.

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 03:01 PM
For you who have played it already. Does voice chat in online lobbies work?

Voice chat has been completely removed now

however you can use voice chat in party.

Ace3000
6th June 2017, 03:03 PM
Just gave Omega Collection a bash, it's just how I remember HD Fury to be. I love the new ships though, Tigron and Van-Uber are amazing!

Although the rivalry between those F9000 teams are still there, the first race I did with Tigron, in racebox, I eliminated Van-Uber! XD

keg_11
6th June 2017, 03:05 PM
Although the rivalry between those F9000 teams are still there, the first race I did with Tigron, in racebox, I eliminated Van-Uber! XD

:D It's 2160 all over again! :D

Skvall
6th June 2017, 03:12 PM
I'm buying it only for 2048. Is all the content from the single player map in the Vita version in this version? Like all 10lap challenges etc.

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 03:13 PM
Yep! And prototype challenges too

Justice & Curtains
6th June 2017, 03:13 PM
All of the stuff from 2048 is there, along with the racebox feature from hd/fury, so you can race on any track on any mode at any speed class (except sol, which is locked to a and a+ classes)

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 03:30 PM
Van uber stats
Speed 85
Thrust 90
Handling 100
Shield 65

Thanks Deltaforce190 for sharing info :)

Skvall
6th June 2017, 03:32 PM
Cool!

And is it the exact same handling and physics as Vita version or is it more tweaked to HD/Fury?

Jonny
6th June 2017, 03:39 PM
So Sol is basically the Vostok Island of 2048

dontmindlosing
6th June 2017, 03:40 PM
Van uber stats
Speed 85
Thrust 90
Handling 100
Shield 65

Thank you for Van-Uber's stats! This will keep me going until I've finished work and gone to pick up my copy.

Unless, of course, anyone's got a video of Van-Uber in action? ;)

Concealed Sequence
6th June 2017, 04:05 PM
Physical copy arrived today!!!

It's going to be a late night tonight....

Hybrid Divide
6th June 2017, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if the codes for the static themes are contained in the physical version of the game?

I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon, but haven't gotten any codes via email or anything.

Thanks.

Cheapether
6th June 2017, 05:54 PM
Van uber stats
Speed 85
Thrust 90
Handling 100
Shield 65

Yikes! I thought they might shave a bit off the shield stat to justify some additional performance, but figured it might not happen for risk of making the Van-Uber 'too good'. Boy, was I wrong :lol

Thanks for the info', man.

Silverstream
6th June 2017, 06:16 PM
Came home to a nice surprise from ShopTo tonight. Exciting times!

Now less than five hours to wait for the digital copy. And yes, I have got work first thing tomorrow! :dizzy

Nuula
6th June 2017, 06:17 PM
Long time lurker here!

Got my physical copy early (UK) and theres nothing at all in or around the box that concerns Van-Uber which is a damn shame, I'd assume it'll be a purchasable ship after its official launch some time.

PureSpeed7
6th June 2017, 06:56 PM
They misspelled qirex as quirex on the box. At least in the u.s

chalovak
6th June 2017, 07:13 PM
Didn't know that shopto's Steelbox edition came with regular PS4 box and PS1 imitation sleeve.
So I was really surprised to receive all these treasures in one package. Triple hooray.

Force Ten
6th June 2017, 07:18 PM
Looool they did misspell Qirex on the NA box. Can confirm that here. Maybe Sony can send the...classic sleeve as a correction? ;D

Man...I played the absolute crap out of HD for years and thought it wouldn't be as fun going through all of it again. It feels so fresh again. Even playing on the slower speed classes brings me indescribable joy. And I still have the 2048 stuff to look forward to.

Nuula
6th June 2017, 07:24 PM
Looool they did misspell Qirex on the NA box. Can confirm that here. Maybe Sony can send the...classic sleeve as a correction? ;D

Man...I played the absolute crap out of HD for years and thought it wouldn't be as fun going through all of it again. It feels so fresh again. Even playing on the slower speed classes brings me indescribable joy. And I still have the 2048 stuff to look forward to.

Where abouts on the box is it miss spelled, I cant see anything like that on the UK box.

Force Ten
6th June 2017, 07:27 PM
It's on the back, in the bit about 4 PS4 avatars for the original 4 teams.

Nuula
6th June 2017, 07:38 PM
It's on the back, in the bit about 4 PS4 avatars for the original 4 teams.

Huh, none of that is on the UK version, doesn't come with any avatars or anything or mention that. Seems like the UK/EU got the short end of the stick here.

chalovak
6th June 2017, 07:41 PM
They misspelled qirex as quirex on the box. At least in the u.s
Maybe Quirex is an American way of spelling Qirex?))

Light Buster
6th June 2017, 08:34 PM
Just got my copy of the game. On my way back to install it as well as some of the add-ons. Shame that I'll be missing the custom soundtrack back in HD Fury. It was one of my favorite features of the game.

Concealed Sequence
6th June 2017, 09:41 PM
Graphics for PS 4 Pro are absolutely stunning!!!

Tucknut.net
6th June 2017, 09:51 PM
If you did not preorder, you still get the Tigron and Van Huber ship included with a digital download, correct? Is there any way of getting that dynamic theme if you did not preorder?

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 10:20 PM
Enjoy every1!

edit: sorry was still one hour to go in UK :(

- - - Updated - - -

Van-uber is better than feisar lol.

hopefully they release this as a dlc for EU soon... or nerf it :lol

Justice & Curtains
6th June 2017, 10:27 PM
Enjoy every1!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, is VU better than feisar in every single stat?

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 10:33 PM
Yes, it should have same speed & thrust as feisar imo

its not better in shield, but it doesnt really matter in hd

Justice & Curtains
6th June 2017, 10:36 PM
How did you get your hands on VU btw? I thought you had a physical copy (also ty for the quick reply)

Racingfan
6th June 2017, 10:36 PM
I bought it digitally just for the ship

most expensive "dlc" of all time :lol

Hybrid Divide
6th June 2017, 10:49 PM
Slightly off topic, but hey Charlie (Hellfire_WZ), might it be a good idea to put some kind of Omega Collection headline up on the main page?

The November 2016 headline at the top is a bit dated at this point.

Maybe it'd be another good place to mention the youtube channel and such. :)

mannjon
6th June 2017, 11:04 PM
Hey buddy!!!!!

Picked up mine today here in US. It looks amazing. I have waited to play 2048 on a console for years. Can't wait to see you on the tracks!

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy every1!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling that Uber will replace the FEISAR. It is just so much better, but fits the same play style.

Mooney
6th June 2017, 11:10 PM
And we are a go! have fun chaps!

yawnstretch
6th June 2017, 11:17 PM
It's so goooo[d

Jonny
7th June 2017, 01:16 AM
Considering it's a brushed up 2008 game (and a 2012 handheld games) with ship designs that are almost 15 years old now, it looks absolutely great!
My favourite aspect is the coutdown sequence!

Heavy
7th June 2017, 01:17 AM
Brilliant so far :D

Aeralys
7th June 2017, 01:30 AM
HD feels like home. Only quirk so far is that the Dualshock 4 seems more sensitive on the D-Pad than the DS3. I may just be me for now but dipping/lifting the nose of the ship for tricky barrel rolls and keeping yourself straight feels a bit tougher!

I'll be practicing speed laps and going through campaign to get back into the swing of things. After that I'll see you all online! :D

dontmindlosing
7th June 2017, 02:15 AM
Okay, here is the information I wanted to know all along. I can finally confirm it for anyone else who is wondering. For the North American physical version: New copies of the game come with a leaflet with a redeem code for 4 avatars and the Van Uber ship. If you buy the game used, you don't get the redeem code (unless the previous owner didn't redeem) so you don't get Van Uber.

There. At last I can lay that question to rest.

chalovak
7th June 2017, 03:31 AM
Wow, it's so weird to race again at lower than phantom speed in the beginning of each campaign. Feels like the game is super slow and easy, lol)) Even 2048 events feel slow, and I thought it was fast when it came out on Vita. But I know it's temporary, phantom is around the corner.

XxSuperRyugaxX
7th June 2017, 04:42 AM
This game is so damn great. Finally tried 2048 on a Console, it looks so amazing, and HD/Fury too! It's so different!

How can I skip btw songs while playing? I mean without entering on " start ".

Also for now the only bug I faced are some leaderboards scores in single race, they have very low time ( for example 35 secs ) but this has been already reported by RacingFan and some other guy I think. Hope it gets fixed!

AdHoc
7th June 2017, 05:13 AM
Has anyone tried playing your own music via the PS4 media player while playing the game?

slimjim
7th June 2017, 05:16 AM
I tried Spotify but it doesn't like me being in Canada says I can only use it abroad for 14 days

Also I noticed in settings that changing the throttle isn't an option anymore

AdHoc
7th June 2017, 05:20 AM
Yeah, Spotify was a long shot and not free anyway.

If anyone can try to play around with the PS Store media player, that’d be great!

chalovak
7th June 2017, 05:34 AM
This game is so damn great. Finally tried 2048 on a Console, it looks so amazing, and HD/Fury too! It's so different!

How can I skip btw songs while playing? I mean without entering on " start ".
Try the touchpad)

Feisar31
7th June 2017, 07:05 AM
If anyone can try to play around with the PS Store media player, that’d be great!

While racing tonight I played my old HD/Fury mp3 collection from a USB drive as described here (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/music/usbmusic.html). It worked just fine and it's nice that you can easily change the playlist without leaving an online lobby. 8)

blackwiggle
7th June 2017, 07:20 AM
Cool, that's what I was hoping you would be able to do.

chalovak
7th June 2017, 07:51 AM
Is it just me or the side shifts in HD/Fury became harder to perform?

MyNameIsBom
7th June 2017, 08:07 AM
I'm digging the improved visuals though; I honestly thought WipEout couldn't have looked any better with the PS3 version, but here we are. :D

KazzyMac
7th June 2017, 09:29 AM
I actually kinda like the 2048 sounds.

The F1-esque rattle of the engines, and the rather kinetic crashing/exploding sounds are +1's to me, as are the new sound effects for starting a race and using a side shift.

It feels like there's a lot more 'feedback' with the audio, in terms of what's going on. Not that HD/Fury's audio was bad, but I like this change. :)

edit

Went to go do Beat Zico 2048 ... got a 31.97 on my first flying lap (2nd in-game lap).

WELP. :hyper

Snakenator1
7th June 2017, 09:49 AM
I have to completely agree with KazzyMac, the new sound design is very nice IMO. Although I like many others am a bit mixed towards the use of multiple voices for the weapons etc (but the 2097 voice countdown is lovely), but beggars can't be choosers so I'm happy with the sound design as it is :D

I'm still at uni right now so everyone is getting to enjoy the game before me, cannot wait to go home tonight to play it!

NotEnoughRed
7th June 2017, 09:50 AM
Maybe Quirex is an American way of spelling Qirex?))

Give the US a break, they aren't used to using U's correctly ;)

djKyoto
7th June 2017, 09:52 AM
First post in 7 years.

Hi. /slips back into obscurity

https://twitter.com/KyotoMoto/status/872388682975633413

Beuzer0
7th June 2017, 10:21 AM
I will buy it soon, but meanwhile i'm concerned about a few things (even if it won't prevent me from getting the game) :

- Can you play with custom playlists just like on the PS3?
- Is it about to be an Icaras total domination again?
- Is the online still only about Fury ships? (= can original ships stand a chance)

NotEnoughRed
7th June 2017, 10:26 AM
I will buy it soon, but meanwhile i'm concerned about a few things (even if it won't prevent me from getting the game) :

- Can you play with custom playlists just like on the PS3?

We couldn't deeply inegrate the playlists as it was on the PS3 - but you can play custom sound tracks from Spotify or via USB stick. This is as far as we could go with the platform.

- Is it about to be an Icaras total domination again?

The nature of the game means there's always going to be a dominating ship - if we nerfed one ship, there'd be another that takes its place...
However, we implemented two new ships that are as close to the Icaras as we could possibly manage to get it to challenge it's dominance. (we've also secretly re-jigged other ships stats, but I'm not spoiling that for anyone - it's a very sensitive area as we don't want to upset #TeamIcaras)

- Is the online still only about Fury ships? (= can original ships stand a chance)

The honest answer to this is "probably" - The fury ships are unbalanced, and there's no quick fix to changing them to be balanced. It was a design decision obviously made with the PS3 game - there's no way of us "correcting" this as we wanted to stay true to the original games as much as we possibly could.

chalovak
7th June 2017, 10:38 AM
We could always organize an HD ships only tournament. To tribute crafts that are not popular anymore.

UB3R~JKP
7th June 2017, 11:36 AM
So, I've been loving the game so far but I find the PS4 D-pad a bit crap compared to the PS3 controller...

Out of curiosity, I connected my HORI Fight Commander to the PS4 and it works perfectly with WipEout Omega! For those who like a more clicky D-pad and larger buttons, highly recommend picking one up. :)

Racingfan
7th June 2017, 12:21 PM
Is it just me or the side shifts in HD/Fury became harder to perform?

same as ps3 version to me

- - - Updated - - -

You can do good with hd ships too :)

i used to use ag systems hd and beating fury version online :D

- - - Updated - - -

Give the US a break, they aren't used to using U's correctly ;)

:lol :lol :lol

Mooney
7th June 2017, 02:10 PM
for those interested. more to come, along with some other cool stuff ;)

https://twitter.com/moons_artwork/status/872451092273123328

NotEnoughRed
7th June 2017, 02:20 PM
Dear all,

Okay so it's Launch Day of Wipeout Omega Collection for Europe (and yesterday for all those folks in the US) - hopefully everyone is too busy playing (and enjoying) the game to be reading forums....

All of us at Clever Beans just wanted to post a quick "Thank you" here for all the help, messages, and [frankly] bug fixing suggestions over the last couple of months. BUT! - the fight is not over, we have two further jobs to do...

We're aware of some problems, leaderboard oddities, etc popping up, obviously with any game of this size - even though we ran a really long beta test - you're never going to get the amount of eyes we've had on the game as we have in the first day today. We're aware of a lot of issues, and have already fixed a fair few. If you spot something, please put them here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?10361-OMEGA-PACK-Glitch-s-and-OTHER-Problem-Report-Page

(Thanks Blackwiggle for setting up this thread) - it helps us a huge amount if we can see accurate breakdowns of the exact issue, (and not really "opinions") - so we can get to the issue in the fastest time and fix it. I appreciate you're not games testers and we're not expecting full bug reports, but if you see something odd or unexpected, please let us know.. :)

Although I'm absolutely sure you've all already done so, please spread the word about this game, and encourage total strangers to buy it. If you guys *ever* want another Wipeout, actions speak louder than words and this is your opportunity to have a say in the fate of this awesome & iconic game franchise... No matter who the developer is that gets to do "the next game" - it'll never happen if this one isn't a commercial and critical success.

Thanks for being awesome, have fun with the game!

Chris

chalovak
7th June 2017, 02:30 PM
@NotEnoughRed Thank you for bringing back the game, Chris and co. And congratulations on the release!
It's good to be back! The game is awesome, let me tell you.

PS. Hope that my post in the glitches thread is not considered to be an opinion. 8)

AdHoc
7th June 2017, 04:22 PM
While racing tonight I played my old HD/Fury mp3 collection from a USB drive as described here (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/music/usbmusic.html). It worked just fine and it's nice that you can easily change the playlist without leaving an online lobby. 8)

Thanks heaps for your feedback.

Racingfan
7th June 2017, 04:30 PM
Although I'm absolutely sure you've all already done so, please spread the word about this game, and encourage total strangers to buy it. If you guys *ever* want another Wipeout, actions speak louder than words and this is your opportunity to have a say in the fate of this awesome & iconic game franchise... No matter who the developer is that gets to do "the next game" - it'll never happen if this one isn't a commercial and critical success.

Chris

Hopefully more reviewers like IGN will review this :D

AdHoc
7th June 2017, 04:31 PM

That’s actually quite a scary statement... It’s obvious, but hearing it from an insider, jeez the pressure is on!

Thanks for being awesome!

NO YOU! :P

Tucknut.net
7th June 2017, 05:05 PM
For those who did not preorder, is there any difference in what is included in the digital version versus the physical version?

Beuzer0
7th June 2017, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the reply @NotEnoughRed!

We couldn't deeply inegrate the playlists as it was on the PS3 - but you can play custom sound tracks from Spotify or via USB stick. This is as far as we could go with the platform.
Argh! Sad news. But the good thing is I will just have to put songs in a USB folder and keep them playing rather than editing them to make them fit at the race start like i used to do on PS3.

The nature of the game means there's always going to be a dominating ship - if we nerfed one ship, there'd be another that takes its place...
However, we implemented two new ships that are as close to the Icaras as we could possibly manage to get it to challenge it's dominance. (we've also secretly re-jigged other ships stats, but I'm not spoiling that for anyone - it's a very sensitive area as we don't want to upset #TeamIcaras)
Perfect balance is indeed a very tough thing to do in gaming. These small buffs are good news though!

Justice & Curtains
7th June 2017, 05:38 PM
What are the chances of the re-jiggery of the other ships' stats being released? ;)

Racingfan
7th June 2017, 05:45 PM
For those who did not preorder, is there any difference in what is included in the digital version versus the physical version?

i pre ordered and didnt even get the themes :(

so no, got no extras with physical :(

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_videogames_1

love seeing that as number one :D

Hybrid Divide
7th June 2017, 05:53 PM
I'm actually getting really annoyed/angry with IGN for not reviewing the game... :brickwall

Generally glowing reviews everywhere else, though! :D

Tucknut.net
7th June 2017, 06:28 PM
There may be a lot of people annoyed next week if Sony's Days Of Play sale reduces the price. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/06/days-play-sales-event-detailed-sony-runs-june-9-16/

Dawn_Fire_
7th June 2017, 06:34 PM
Absolutely loving it. The way it's all integrated into HD's menu is perfect. Slick, polished, fast. Great load times. 2048 looks great and plays well on the ps4 pad.

Nailed it, guys. Nailed it.

Love, one happy WipEout fan.

Hardwire
7th June 2017, 07:09 PM
How's the performance on the PS4 Slim? I'm considering getting one.

Dawn_Fire_
7th June 2017, 07:35 PM
solid, from what i have seen. The game plays well and looks real sharp. Like, it really does look a lot sharper than ps3, more noticeable than i thought it would.

Online worked fine, not tried split screen yet.

I'm on the ps4 slim.

Justice & Curtains
7th June 2017, 08:00 PM
How's the performance on the PS4 Slim? I'm considering getting one.

Bought a PS4 slim pretty much just for this game, and it runs absolutely fine on HD/FURY, never dropped below 60 fps. I'd imagine the same goes for 2048 as well (This is with motion blur turned off in the settings)

mkozjak
7th June 2017, 08:31 PM
Just tried it. This game is aaaawesome!!! Been looking for something like that for ages! So happy! :)

xEik
7th June 2017, 08:51 PM
Blergh no WipEout for me until Friday. :(

Courier companies (at least Spanish ones) have the most backwards modus operandi imaginable. It literally belongs to last century even though nowadays with web shopping we receive ten (a hundred?) times as many parcels as we used to do.
All day at home (I usually telecommute on Wednesdays) and I just leave to have lunch with my family for my father's birthday.
Obviously, when I get home a notification of attempted delivery is in the mailbox (it wasn't there when I left, I checked).
No estimated delivery time was on the tracker, no attempt to contact me slightly before or during delivery attempt. Even putting the game in the mailbox (it fits no problem) would have sufficed. Their nearest office is 100 km away so no chance for picking it up myself.

Since I'm out all day tomorrow, no other choice than to arrange delivery for Friday and miss the launch day hype. /facepalms

Colin Berry
7th June 2017, 09:15 PM
Just been playing for a couple of hours and wanted to say congratulations for a job well done to all the guys at Clever Beans, Epos and ExDev

At first, it was quite an odd feeling, playing a game that I designed but didnt develop - if that makes sense. But oddness soon gave way to joy, you guys have done a truly fantastic job.

It looks beautiful, and it feels wonderful, there are pretenders to the crown but nothing quite comes close to WipEout (I'm bias, but I dont care).

I hope all involved are having a well earned drink tonight.

Snakenator1
7th June 2017, 09:58 PM
So I've been playing the game for a solid 5 hours straight and I am deeply in love with it, its absolutely perfect. 2048 zone plays so well I got 119 zones using the FEISAR speed on empire climb (currently 9th overall, could've done better as well). I just can't stop loving the motion blur, sound design and.....well.......everything about the game ^_^

I feel really bad going online and kinda just trouncing the new pilots, but we got to show them who are the veterans around these parts :D

Too all of the developers at Clever Beans, EPOS and XDev, thank you so much. This has already become my favourite game of all time and I will have a very hard time to turn the PS4 off every time I boot it up. I'm gonna have some heated debates with my Dad over the PS4, but by far the best £30 I've ever spent on a game!

KazzyMac
7th June 2017, 10:06 PM

Does that mean that Fury/Zone variants of Tigron and Van Uber are planned??

I'd been about to bring that up. I'm bummed that Van Uber and Tigron are HD only and don't show up in the Fury grid. Can't be used in Zone/Zone Battle either. :'(

I had a bit of a private MP bash-about with a friend last night. I don't know what's been changed but the netcode in this feels a lot more overall solid; this is the same guy whose craft would consistently drive against the barriers on HD/Fury due to the lag, but playing with him last night his ship was actually driving where it was supposed to be!

I'm not surprised to find bugs/glitches in this, but this is still A+ top work. I played the HELL out of 2048 last night; my first time ever playing it. Having tons of fun. :D At some point I'll try online ... I'll get my butt kicked though ... lol.

Cheapether
7th June 2017, 10:08 PM
Having put a few hours into the game, I have to say that this is a simply terrific remaster. Applying a modern polish is hit or miss on execution, at least in this hobby, but I am quite impressed. There are so many thoughtful touches, and the game is running brilliantly. Well done, guys.

I'm spreading the word on this game as much as I can. I think that having a solid game that can easily compete with its younger contemporaries, coupled with the nostalgia factor that Sony is obviously driving home, this is as good a shot at increasing interest in the series as there can be. The market is definitely warm to the appreciation of older IPs, and this is an A+ attempt to cash in on that trend. Regardless of how it turns out, though, a great game is a great game. XDEV, Clever Beans, you've outdone yourselves.

JFthebestJan
7th June 2017, 10:22 PM
...it runs absolutely fine on HD/FURY, never dropped below 60 fps...

i had a few minor framedrops in HD/Fury and 2048 as well, playing on a white PS4, but not as bad as it was on PS3. there're some visual adjustments on HD/Fury which let me think CB remastered the Vita version of HD/Fury, hmmm?

Jonny
7th June 2017, 11:38 PM
I played almost all of the day. It's kinda nothing new, but regardless an amazing game! Reviews look all so well, new people join, old ones return and we just have fun that there is at least a minor lifesign from our franchise.
Also had some laps with Snake today, jeez he's fast, or I am slow xD

Light Buster
8th June 2017, 03:15 AM

Just a quick question, if Sony were to update their OS on the PS4 and allowed MP3s to be saved on the system as well as bring back custom playlists, will it still be possible for you to integrate custom soundtrack for Omega Collection?

AdHoc
8th June 2017, 03:46 AM
If Sony were to make such a big move, it would almost be more of a message/statement/agenda to get PS4 titles to benefit from it. Clever Beans would just have to reintroduce that function from HD/Fury with a patch.

But there’s not a chance this will happen, so even just considering it is false hope.

Pico de Goroh
8th June 2017, 04:04 AM
So does this game have the option to resume long music files from where they stopped on the previous race? PS3 version had this, it's great for listening to long DJ mixes alongside gameplay.

Can't test this myself as I don't have a PS4, but I'll be picking one up soon to play this.

chalovak
8th June 2017, 05:46 AM
@Pico de Goroh, no, this option was removed.
But you know, the music flow feels a little bit different here, it's hard to explain, it's like it never stops (there is a crossfade between the tracks), even during loading screen, so you don't think about resuming anything (although I used this option on PS3 cause races felt fast and short and tracks were too long to enjoy them in their entirety). Maybe because the music tracks are shorter this time, IDK.

Pico de Goroh
8th June 2017, 05:59 AM
I was mainly talking about music off USB (or hard drive when I played on PS3). I would listen to 3+ hour long DJ mixes in the game, so this feature was super useful for those.

Chris, any chance we'll see this added back to Omega? Given the deep roots this game has with DJ culture, I feel this should definitely be included.

chalovak
8th June 2017, 06:10 AM
When you play your music from USB or Spotify on PS4 it won't be influenced by WipEout at all, cause there are no custom soundtracks this time around. So your music will keep playing in the background disregarding of what's happening in the game.

Ace3000
8th June 2017, 08:22 AM

One step ahead of you, mate! My friend knows about the game and he's gonna be buying it quite soon!

Oh, no no no, thank you for breathing new life into the series we all love! :D

NotEnoughRed
8th June 2017, 10:17 AM
Just been playing for a couple of hours and wanted to say congratulations for a job well done to all the guys at Clever Beans, Epos and ExDev

At first, it was quite an odd feeling, playing a game that I designed but didnt develop - if that makes sense. But oddness soon gave way to joy, you guys have done a truly fantastic job.

It looks beautiful, and it feels wonderful, there are pretenders to the crown but nothing quite comes close to WipEout (I'm bias, but I dont care).

I hope all involved are having a well earned drink tonight.

Thanks for this Colin, it means a tremendous amount as we've always had the reputation of all the previous Wipeout devs on our shoulders! It's been a lot of pressure :D

Hellfire_WZ
8th June 2017, 10:30 AM
Yep, I really need to echo the sentiments here. Being able to play 2048 on the big screen is one thing, but having it look so damn good in the process is another thing altogether. You've all done an amazing job and should be really proud of yourselves :)

bigsnake
8th June 2017, 12:15 PM
I've just had a full day of playing the game splitscreen with a friend and man, playing splitscreen at 60fps is really quite the thing. We were comparing 2048 to the original on the Vita as well and the amount of color that has been jam packed into it is incredible, really outstanding work! On the visual end too I love the updated WOHD track textures, the use of parallax mapping is insane, the fury track surfaces legit look completely 3D!

Jambo
8th June 2017, 12:20 PM
Congrats to everyone involved with the remaster, astounding work, spent about 12 hours yesterday playing after taking the day off for it!

So good, 2048 is a revelation on the big screen and HD was amazing as well.

So happy with it.

Beuzer0
8th June 2017, 12:32 PM
Oh boy i should be able to get the game tomorrow, i can't wait.

The Van-Uber ship is available only for people who pre-ordered online? Or it is a redeemable code inside each physical copy as well?

Ace3000
8th June 2017, 12:57 PM
Both, pre-order is only for Europe, and the code is only for US.

Dawn_Fire_
8th June 2017, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone, i made a bit of a series of videos going through the entire series (yes, even wipeout 2D) leading up to the release of Omega Collection, check it out if you're feeling nostalgic. I'm not a pro, at racing or making videos, but i love these games and wanted to give it a go, so give them a look if you like. (The last video is me just gushing over this release! haha!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKyR6PY1EhOvFAav5dZcRg/videos

also, if anyone wants the 4 static theme's here is a spare code: DD5T-EHNH-TQ82

whoever is the fastest, well done! :)

FunkyMunkyy
8th June 2017, 03:04 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the themes!!! They look awesome. Will check out your vids when i get home. :D

Also yup, amazing job on the game. Played all day yesterday with a huge smile on my face :)

Silverstream
8th June 2017, 04:59 PM
Thoroughly enjoying playing Omega Collection so far. As someone who only spent a few hours HD & Fury and never played 2048 at all, it's like having three new games. Blown away by the visuals and I like most of the soundtrack too, although it's not in the same league as Pulse's track list for me. The whole game so far is excellent, and I haven't even tried online yet!

Just a small point, though: either I'm missing something obvious, or I haven't received the four static themes. I assumed there would be a code in the box, but no joy. I did consider installing the physical release on my PS4 just to see if that activated the themes, but it would have removed the download version (and thus the Van-Uber ship) so that ain't happening.

Concealed Sequence
8th June 2017, 05:03 PM
I must thank everyone involved in this fantastic version of WipEout! What a excellent job you've done!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god yes!!!

Dawn_Fire_
8th June 2017, 05:29 PM
Just a small point, though: either I'm missing something obvious, or I haven't received the four static themes. I assumed there would be a code in the box, but no joy. I did consider installing the physical release on my PS4 just to see if that activated the themes, but it would have removed the download version (and thus the Van-Uber ship) so that ain't happening.

What i know for sure: If you ordered with amazon, they will e-mail you it. ShopTo: log onto the site and you reclaim the code there. Nothing comes in the box itself.

Racingfan
8th June 2017, 05:51 PM
Thoroughly enjoying playing Omega Collection so far. As someone who only spent a few hours HD & Fury and never played 2048 at all, it's like having three new games. Blown away by the visuals and I like most of the soundtrack too, although it's not in the same league as Pulse's track list for me. The whole game so far is excellent, and I haven't even tried online yet!

You dont lose van uber, its a DLC. i use disc and i have van uber

Sausehuhn
8th June 2017, 06:51 PM
Guys, enough already! My order from shopto still hasn’t arrived and you’re getting me all psyched :D

Silverstream
8th June 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks for your help, Dawn_Fire_. I've found the redeem code for the themes tucked away on the ShopTo site.

Dawn_Fire_
8th June 2017, 08:47 PM
Nice one, glad i could help, it's easy to miss, so hopefully if anyone else has trouble they see this too! :)

Pico de Goroh
8th June 2017, 10:51 PM
When you play your music from USB or Spotify on PS4 it won't be influenced by WipEout at all, cause there are no custom soundtracks this time around. So your music will keep playing in the background disregarding of what's happening in the game.

Oh that stinks, I really enjoyed how the music would have effects and filters applied when you went airborne or through tunnels in WipeoutHD.

Justice & Curtains
9th June 2017, 02:53 AM
So I just noticed that the zone craft liveries in 2048 are pure white without any effects in the ship select screen, and I would absolutely love it if the zone skin was usable as an alternate livery in races and Time trial, etc. ;)

(BTW, you guys have done an incredible job on the remaster, 2048 feels like an entirely new game at 60fps, and looks stellar with all the tweaks and effects that have been added. Great Job!)

EDIT: Sorry if it seems like I'm asking too much, I only ask because you can see the liveries on the ship select screen

Concealed Sequence
9th June 2017, 04:57 AM
I agree, would love it if you could use the 2048 zone colours in all events :D

chalovak
9th June 2017, 06:20 AM
Oh yeah, white liveries are gorgeous! So pure) Forgot about them in vita version.

AdHoc
9th June 2017, 02:32 PM
Haven’t seen this here

http://reho.st/self/b4baf3ebb19bf8cb32c0b2f4ddb36cae4214d6db.jpg

Ace3000
9th June 2017, 02:57 PM
It was posted several times here.

Also holy massive image Batman.

multibodydynamics
9th June 2017, 06:14 PM
Is it okay to give away redeem codes? What does Sony say about that? I have both steelbook and standard release with sleeve so I have 2 redeem codes for the four static themes.

chalovak
9th June 2017, 07:00 PM
@multibodydynamics, and I have none with my shopto preordered steelbook. I have no idea where this redeem code should be. Although it was promised. Where were yours?

Hybrid Divide
9th June 2017, 07:03 PM
I'll have an extra set of EU static theme redeem codes to give away in a week or so when I get my AUS Steelbook copy in. I don't mind putting them up for someone who didn't get them in a pre-order. :D

gaboa
9th June 2017, 07:13 PM
@Hybrid Devide

i would love to have the themes! Can i have the codes?

Would be nice!

Thanks.

PS: Ahhhhhhh its static......Damn thought its the dinamic theme. Anyone has a giveaway? :)

multibodydynamics
9th June 2017, 07:27 PM
@multibodydynamics, and I have none with my shopto preordered steelbook. I have no idea where this redeem code should be. Although it was promised. Where were yours?

Login on shopto.net and go to Orders. Click the items in the list and there you should get the code if I remember correctly.

chalovak
9th June 2017, 07:35 PM
Got it. Gotta check. Thanks.
As for giving away your redeem codes - you are free to do with them whatever you want, they are not account-locked. Especially printed ones, no one can tell who possesses them.

Kurlija
9th June 2017, 07:46 PM
No themes for me, static or otherwise, even though I pre-ordered an NA retail copy :?

Hellfire_WZ
10th June 2017, 08:37 PM
Interesting discovery. The Completist and Elite Completist trophies do NOT require you to do the A+ challenges

Light Buster
10th June 2017, 09:30 PM
I'm assuming that Clever Beans realizes that some people don't want to go through the salt and rage to do every single one of those A+ Challenges. But then again, I'm doing them all so...

NotEnoughRed
10th June 2017, 10:09 PM
Interesting discovery. The Completist and Elite Completist trophies do NOT require you to do the A+ challenges

Yep, correct, and how it was intended.

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2017, 08:30 AM
Thank god for that! :lol

novide
11th June 2017, 12:57 PM
I realy like the omega collection, but zone-mode from 2048 makes no fun for me with the white glow-effect. As internal view player sometimes i can not see the track, even with motion effect deactivated.

OBH
11th June 2017, 09:05 PM
A bit late to share my 2 cents on Omega, but now I've had a good long session on it today I can honestly say that it looks fantastic, and the sound on my surround system is brilliant. Love the noise swooping over my shoulder when I overtake people.

A lot of love and attention has been given to this. And I am one grateful fan.

Mini rant done :+

Pico de Goroh
12th June 2017, 12:53 AM
A bit late to share my 2 cents on Omega, but now I've had a good long session on it today I can honestly say that it looks fantastic, and the sound on my surround system is brilliant. Love the noise swooping over my shoulder when I overtake people.

A lot of love and attention has been given to this. And I am one grateful fan.

Great post, I'm really happy to hear that Clever Beans is doing their best to follow the legacy of Psygnosis and Studio Liverpool. Stoked to find a PS4 soon so I can play this

OBH
12th June 2017, 07:04 AM
Do it mate.

I know some people, and reviews for that matter, have mentioned that they can't escape the feeling of similarity, and I couldn't blame them. Content wise it is everything you've played before. But I adore the new sound effects (bar the turbo / barrel roll one), and playing this on a 55" OLED TV with HDR is absolutely mind blowingly good :dizzy

Beuzer0
12th June 2017, 09:27 AM
Is there a way to remove barrel rolls from Zone modes? (why is that feature even activated in the first place for Zone?)

Jonny
12th June 2017, 10:09 AM
Because it gives points actually and no, there is none. Just stay calm witht he fingers in the air ;)

Beuzer0
12th June 2017, 10:43 AM
Oh I didn't know that, thanks!

Force Ten
12th June 2017, 06:32 PM
I got the steelbook on Friday, earlier than the expected Tuesday the 13th it initially said on Amazon. Shipped on the 8th, no less. Geez, not even most items I've gotten within the US shipped that fast. Didn't even pay for fast shipping or anything. Woo!

It's now a permanent desk fixture.
http://imgur.com/a/OOd5h
Literally nothing else of note on the desk but it's a start!

Racingfan
13th June 2017, 03:15 PM
Just got the sleeve editions

looks sooo good :D

Racingfan
13th June 2017, 10:23 PM
Hey i just played with the xx333 guys and i was wondering... is there any way to report them on psn?

they do the same behaviour as usual, trolling and harassing other pilots

can't believe they got a ps4 and plus just for that :lol

Pico de Goroh
14th June 2017, 02:02 AM
Hey i just played with the xx333 guys and i was wondering... is there any way to report them on psn?

they do the same behaviour as usual, trolling and harassing other pilots

can't believe they got a ps4 and plus just for that :lol

I haven't played on PS3 in a long time, did they ever take a break from that crap on PS3? Or were they literally doing that for years up until Omega came out? Because at that point you can only assume insanity.

Racingfan
14th June 2017, 02:46 AM
when i played a lot in 2015 they were doing the same thing... then i quit till omega was announced.. same thing :lol

KazzyMac
14th June 2017, 09:31 AM
Those names sound familiar.

I think I raced them a few times on HD/Fury sometime last year. I figured they were trying to troll me and the whole lobby so I just proceeded to ignore them completely and concentrate on practicing race craft. I think they wrecked everyone else in the race but failed to wreck me once and eventually seemed to just give up. I even sent them a 'gg' afterwards when I got bored of practicing shield management. lol.

I don't particularly care if they're better than me, or if they have to team-race to win lol. But if they think I'm trollable, they're wrong. I played a lot of Blur; I know how to counter a troll lmao.

That said, we could always just report them ;)

UB3R~JKP
14th June 2017, 09:43 AM
The xx guys get no attention off me. Any time they join my room I close it down.

Can't be bothered with their antics.

NotEnoughRed
14th June 2017, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have their full PSN names?

Ace3000
14th June 2017, 10:31 AM
IIRC it's Xx333-1Xx and Xx333-3Xx. Unless they go by a different name now?

NotEnoughRed
14th June 2017, 10:57 AM
IIRC it's Xx333-1Xx and Xx333-3Xx. Unless they go by a different name now?

Okay thanks,

I'll keep an eye out for them... :)

tug_14
14th June 2017, 11:07 AM
The best drivers at this game are necessarily here, we all know each other, at least our official ids.
They are probably part of this forum or are going through here.

Dylan061997
14th June 2017, 11:09 AM
xX333-2Xx has omega too i just saw in metropia flash speed lap ;)

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
14th June 2017, 12:04 PM
The best drivers at this game are necessarily here, we all know each other, at least our official ids.
They are probably part of this forum or are going through here.

Yes, but the thing is they are not good.
They are cancerous, that's all...

Racingfan
14th June 2017, 12:36 PM
they're decent at rapier and good competition... but whats lame they gotta team up to beat anyone :lol

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
14th June 2017, 12:54 PM
In my case they were searching for the right combination of speedclass/track for hours in order to have chance...
We ended up playing anulpha pass, rapier 20 times in a row.
It is the easiest track on that speed, cause the layout itself isn't hard and there aren't as many brs as on venom for example. Phantom was apparently too fast for them.
When i faced one of them solo, they never had a chance, and thats why i stand by what ive said:
They are not good but cancerous.

UB3R~JKP
14th June 2017, 01:11 PM
I've noticed quite a lack of Phantom rooms in general. Rapier seems to be the most popular.

XxSuperRyugaxX
14th June 2017, 01:45 PM
Xx333xX guys are decent, but not all that skilled. If someone of them is alone, then he probably races " meh, good " . The problem appears when they're in group and start to team up.

But even by teaming up, if they race on Rapier or Phantom ( better Phantom ) they have no chance against most of pilots here :Di

I just hope they don't play that bad also against new pilots: when it's with us, well we know how to manage and tream them, but other/new pilots could be frustrated

marcingru
14th June 2017, 01:51 PM
I had some weird experience on ps3
Playing with 2 of them had never chance to win on start ,i could take Goteki 45 and starting form first spot and i could never beat them on start one of them was always quite ahead of me,unfortunately i do not have any form of proof of that.

mannjon
14th June 2017, 03:48 PM
Don't feed the beast. If they are on here they are loving the attention I'm sure. I remember them from ps3. There are two ways to handle them:

1. Hold a shield back. Done and done. You know their tactics. Just hold a shield back if you can. They only seem to troll decent pilots unless they changed their MO. I didn't notice them harassing new pilots in ps3 days, but if they are that's an issue because it makes us all look bad and makes people leave the game entirely.

2. With the addition of pure racing, if you are hosting just switch over to pure for a few races for some online time trials. They will leave unless they are very bored or if you aren't good enough to beat them otherwise.

Just be glad that no one has a confirmed sheepgirl sighting yet. Let's hope that menace can't afford a ps4.

Cipher
14th June 2017, 04:22 PM
They are cancerous, that's all...

^This x1000
xX333-2Xx as well btw

And yes, better pilots can handle them, but they host their own lobbies nowadays, so that new pilots who don't know of their shenanigans join them, whom they then spam with weapons untill they get destroyed, over, and over and over again.
They just want to ruin other pilots' wipeout experience (probably so they would stop playing). UGH! Just toxic to be toxic, disgusting!! Makes my blood boil!! :bomb

Racingfan
14th June 2017, 07:24 PM
@marcingru

99% of the lag issues has been fixed now

i noticed on ps3 version i always had some lag head start for some reason .and i have a good net + cable

@ryuga

i spectated these guys back on the ps3 version, they used to just stop, spam weps at the level 1 guy, all 3 of them did actually... but im not sure now because theres no spectator mode anymore, and if i join they team up to beat me... or switches to elim :P

@mannjon

i havnt seen him yet... but it doesnt really matter anymore, he cant join friday nights anymore spamming weapons backwards at everyone for hours because of pure racing mode :P

if anyone gets a message like "point 1" etc etc etc its most likely him. i highly recommend that you block him asap... or you get 200 messages a hour... i have 10 accounts of him on my block list

- - - Updated - - -

just looked on the first 2048 board using my alt and letting it finish with 7 minutes

im rank 74000.... so... im not sure if thats good... or really bad at all

:(

tug_14
14th June 2017, 07:56 PM
My two cents
I guess there is someone with color blindness at cleverbeans, and unfortunately it was the guy in charge to colorize zone mode from 2048

:blarg :blarg