Page 97 of 179 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3564

Thread: (SSGX Origins) Let's make a Wipeout game! This time for real!

Before you go please use the 1.2 scale on cassandra. PLEEEEEASE!

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

............................. Unityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, this engine is so filled with bugs that it is a total pain in my ass! I've had so many problems with it but continued anyway. Now that's going too far, especially when you think about it's scripting language which is structural, not object, so it's much harder to work in it... I think about moving on to Unreal Engine 4 as I plan to work as a programmer in future and Unity is just not the way to go (yeah... bit late decision, half work behind me) I'll see if there is ANY possible solution for my actual problem although it seems to be an internal bug again and see if it's possible to continue...
    Description of problem:
    Because there is no such thing as "2D Texture Alpha Cut-Off" I had to make some quads on which I've placed textures I've made earlier, ok but without ("dynamic text")? it's useless so I came up with "Text Mesh" thing which seemed to be what I needed... and here comes my **** problem: When I type something into the text box it will appear normally and everything is ok, but just press the play button and your text mesh is not showing anything... now press play button again and what you see? Matrix! Literally, like in NES game xd Now when you type some text again after you erase everything it works again... Comment: ??????????????????????

btw. Unreal seems to be compatible, no, it IS compatible with SVN (or Version Control System, something like Git) so we could really work together
    Last edited by zero3growlithe; 26th June 2012 at 04:41 PM.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles; have you reported the bug to the Unity developers / asked for help on any Unity boards? All programs have problems, even Unreal.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Nope, cos when moving through Unity forums I've seen words like: "Bug report has been already sent but no reply" many times Anyway, Unreal is something really unreal (got UDK already) As for SSGX, **** this problem, I'll just change my HUD a little and bypass this "Text Mesh" thing, done

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, I hope you can work this problem out and SSGX won't lack of your good work because of some Unity bugs.

I don't know about that stuff, would it be much work to move everything from Unity to Unreal? Will ship models and all the other stuff other people are working still be compatible?

Racing games like Wipeout seem possible, just watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KhZF...ature=youtu.be

It may be beneficial to move to Unreal if the bugs are a compelling enough reason to do so. If you are not planning to sell the game then this is another good reason too as Pro stuff in Unity costs money that is free in UDK.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Yeah Wipeout games are possible but as far as I understand it zero has some problems to get his ideas working in Unity [mainly the HUD?], I know that can be frustrating...

I can start learning UDK next week. I'll be done with the exams by then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Your guys' effort is awesome!!

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by zero3growlithe View Post
    ............................. Unityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, this engine is so filled with bugs that it is a total pain in my ass! I've had so many problems with it but continued anyway. Now that's going too far, especially when you think about it's scripting language which is structural, not object, so it's much harder to work in it... I think about moving on to Unreal Engine 4 as I plan to work as a programmer in future and Unity is just not the way to go (yeah... bit late decision, half work behind me) I'll see if there is ANY possible solution for my actual problem although it seems to be an internal bug again and see if it's possible to continue...
    Description of problem:
    Because there is no such thing as "2D Texture Alpha Cut-Off" I had to make some quads on which I've placed textures I've made earlier, ok but without ("dynamic text")? it's useless so I came up with "Text Mesh" thing which seemed to be what I needed... and here comes my **** problem: When I type something into the text box it will appear normally and everything is ok, but just press the play button and your text mesh is not showing anything... now press play button again and what you see? Matrix! Literally, like in NES game xd Now when you type some text again after you erase everything it works again... Comment: ??????????????????????

btw. Unreal seems to be compatible, no, it IS compatible with SVN (or Version Control System, something like Git) so we could really work together
    Unreal Engine 4? Are you sure you want a game that is Photo-Realistic but requires three high-end Graphics Cards to run at 30 frames per second?

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Sorry for disappearing for so much time guys, exams week and work are killing me! >.<
    So, I saw something about Unreal Engine 4 and I think it's a good idea, indeed.
    And @Xpand, do you know where to get some tutorials for learning how to program for this engine? I want to learn something 'bout it too.

Oh, and other thing: I remember that zero told me something about using C# to build some parts of his code. If possible, we could use the XNA framework for porting it into Xbox Live, can't we?

I haven't started looking for tutorials yet, only next week (exams too). Well about the XNA, the game-engine based codes differ from SDK to SDK. I believe you can import the UDK C# codes into XNA, but they may not work as expected. They will probably need some work around the variables...

LOL 666th post...

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

@Xpand: Now u can't write anything cos devil will come to get you xD As for UDK, if you want to learn it then ok, 3 different versions of game shouldn't be a problem xD I'll finish SS in Unity and then without any pain I'll move to UDK too and ask you for help if needed

@Bruno: C# is much faster than JavaScript (UnityScript) although same performance can be achieved if well written. That's why I plan to check my code for unnecessary functions... someday... ok, today as I have nothing to do anyway except for skipping boring classes

I won't make a diferent version of the game. I'll conduct my experiments here and feed the results onto your version since it's more advanced.

Hey guys, I got invited by a friend I know in the music production world to join in here. I have a background of playing all the WipEouts, so it's fair to say that I am a big fan, and I would be really interested in getting involved in an existing WipEout project.

Quite simply if there is something someone needs doing that is on the creative side rather than technical, I would love to help. My background probably means that I am more suited to music, vocals and sound effects than anything else but if I can help, someone pop me a message here.

If I could interject my thoughts about graphics engines as I can see this has been discussed lately. Unreal Engine 3 is the current release at the moment and although it is coming to the end of its life cycle, this isn't going to happen any time soon as it will be about two years before UE4 is released. This will also come with licensing issues, not to mention the requirement of powerful PCs to run. Just my 10 pence worth here.

PSN ID
    zero3growlithe

Welcome onboard Southern Sound effects and music you say? Cool! We're a bit short on sound effects so if you could make explosions, wall hits, ship to ship, track surface hit, plasma, engine sound effects that would be awesome! Hope that's not much I'm asking you to do

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh right, just noticed in the demo that the menu has sounds and everything is quiet as soon as the race starts^^

Welcome on board!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

welcome here southern always good to see people show interest ^_^

Hey there Southern! Glad to see you joined the team! You'll do just fine! We're like a big family, here! Hahahahaha

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

Aye we love we, we laugh, and we savagely beat each other over the head with our own arguments about what we think should be in. in the end we will get something awesome out of it