Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD Patch 2.10 Incoming

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If I'm not totally wrong, the game told me to download the patch if I want to start the game. Not 100% sure, though.
    I have nothing agains some fitting adverts, really, but, seriously, what they do now is just f***ing annoying. It destroys the flow of the game for me.

Show some logos, why not, in duo-color or something, but I don't want a whole animated video advertisement or some misplayed graphics while playing. It sucks.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Syntek

Quote Originally Posted by MetaKraken View Post
    Wipeout is supposed to be fictional. There's not a single futuristic Burger King around Vineta K, or even a Toys R' us store around Metropia.
    Would make more sense if you saw a floating Burger king Advert with flying cars going through them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I mean, just look at the press release: 1 paragraph of this announcement is dedicated to the bugs they've fixed (which really consists of four minor things at best), and 4 paragraphs to the return of ingame advertising.
    Betrayed by your own press release.
    I think you hit on what probably annoys me most about that blog post. It`s the corporate mentality revealed in what they choose to talk about, and the assumption that we really want to know about advert functionality more than the game functionality. A PS blog post bringing you information about new in game advertising, presented as good news, is a seriously weird thing. It wouldn`t surprise me at all if the adverts feature loud sound and are totally in your face. I don`t think the minds behind these campaigns really grasp subtleties. You have to wonder if the person or persons who wrote that post understand anything about their customers or just live and work in some corporate ivory tower assuming the rest of the world couldn`t possibly have different priorities. Hey, giving us Motorstorm and GT adverts is really about giving us "choice", isn`t it?

But that`s not really the point, KGB hit the nail on the head really:

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    if it means we might get more DLC then that's great, if it's just for Sony to make money then shame on them.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

I was urged to install the 2.10 'patch' - stunned when I saw that because I didn't knew it was coming - when I started the game some hours ago.

@Sausehuhn: yep, no start w/o upgrade if you are psn online

@SL: Big fail guys. In fact, WipEout does suffer a decreasing (online) community; starting some months ago. With this great fix *sic* you are certainly speeding things up - to the negative. Go and die from the few extra $$$ made of this ad upgrade. More sooner than later there is nobody left watching this ad-crap as nobody plays the game anymore. Hopefully this is a hit based revenue model. So enjoy those few extra bucks for the time it will last and have a beer *cheers* and good bye - at least until I'm more relaxed.

I'm so, SO, p*ssed off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    It wouldn`t surprise me at all if the adverts feature loud sound and are totally in your face.
    They are loud sound and they are totally in your face.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Maybe I (and my dog) will take a in a and set it alight then stick it on their doorstep - it's a classic

:sadface comme ca -->

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Not gonna be able to see these delights until tomorrow as I had to move the ps3 into my kids bedroom, what are they advertising, has it affected the load times?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

What if every cent returned from the commercials go directly to hire new bug-fixing developers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    rocketclowns

Wow, this sounds bad...
    Haven't fired up WipEout yet, but I'm afraid next time I'm loading a track, I'll have a loud Gran Turismo ad pumping on my headphones.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Oh god, please don't turn this fantastic game into an ad-fest, SL. It would totally cheapen and ruin it in my opinion.

I also haven't fired it up yet, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is?