Thread: Annoying things about WOHD that are not bugs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Default Custom Skins

I know its not a technical issue like most of the reports here are about, but i think its a considerable issue, regarding online playing and replay value. Without being actually annoying, it should be developed nonetheless for the following reasons.

WipEout HD/Fury in mainly based and conceived on online playing. No elborated story mode and no characters introduced, its not hard for anybody to point out the main purpose of the game. Therefore, in any multi-player, online game, you have proper identification of your character or ship, in the case of WOHD. I know this feature was already implemented in Pulse, and now im clueless about the fact it has been rejected for HD.

There's already in-game skins for every team, but there's only 3 and all are elaborated in very singular way according to the respective team colors and sponsors. Plus, the neon and silver skins are not that original, even less when everybody unlocked them and think its cool to show it... but everyone on the grid had the same idea.

Personal visual signature would acutally be very interesting for lots of players, its always fun to be recognized around, to develop something original about your virtual persona. Now some may ask "What's the use of this beside being only aesthetical? I would suggest having some images and elements of design, unique color shades, to be unlocked when reaching specific rank and other achievements on the track, may it be the current "Badges". Although lots of us have already got most of the badges and some are highly ranked, this would mean having new trophies, badges to win, or new in-game challenges to have a chance to win design elements.

If its not for the current WipEout title, custom skin design must be introduced in the next one at least.

@SaturnReturn

I'd like to differ about your opinion on Mines. There's actually 3 ways to get rid of them - Cannons, Quake and Shield. There's no reason to remove any amount of them, its not impossible to get rid of, and you must learn to avoid them. Plus, maybe Missile and Rockets; even if you can't blow all 5 Mines, you can at least save some damage with those weapons. Of course, everybody will learn to put them where they're the most lethal; on the narrow portion and/or the overpass on AP, the uphill on Ubermall, over the gaps in the tunnel on Vineta K, etc. But i say its part of the strategy! That's what WipEout is all about. If there wouldn't be no narrow track portions at all, people would learn to spread them wall-to-wall, and its already happening actually. One thing you're right though: Rockets are over-powered by the fact they slow you down ****ing too much, that's ridiculous beyond reason...
    Last edited by Kyonshi; 17th September 2009 at 09:41 PM.