Quote Originally Posted by nexusc View Post
to me, racing without collisions kinda defeats the purpose.. when you are racing, the best line is not always the best option!
Errm... Actually, it is. I got lot of experience in WipEout games and i can adopt a fairly decent racing line in WOHD most of the time, which can give someone a hard time catching up to me, even with Turbos and A-P. But i've been racing against players who use a far better line than me, they can literally shave whole seconds off me in a finger snap. So it is the best option, like most of any racing games out there!

Secondly, i agree with you, collisions in racing games are an important part of the gameplay. But in WOHD, its screwed up!!! This crap makes me go angrier than a set of Mines and Bombs dropped right into my face, and that's saying a lot xD The minute someones barely contacts my ship, i go drifting into a wall, just like cops when you see them trying to make lose control to a fugitive on the street...

So the best solution remains to be an option to turn collisions off, unless SL is able in some unexplained way to correct the situation and lag...