Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An idea...

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Exclamation An idea...

Has anyone ever suggested having a normal WipEout race but without contact? Many racing games have this option and I think it'd work well in WipEout.

I am sick and tired of taking the correct line around a corner, only for someone else to pile drive into me whilst the other 6 ships zoom past me and then all proceed to lay mines and bombs directly after.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone is aware, but the contact system is NOT accurate. I was racing with my step-dad (xTHORGODx) side-by-side on holiday and we were purposely avoiding contact with each other. On my screen I had flown past him and wasn't touching him what-so-ever, but on his screen I was next to him and was contentiously colliding with him. A lot of the contact with other ships won't actually be on purpose.

So, how about an option to turn collides off?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Exactly the thing i hate the most online (f****g ramming !).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Well the only way to avoid contact is to set your region settings to korea or Australia for example, when you're living in europe. Something of this kind happened to us last saturday; I joined kyoto, then after a bunch of races he let me the host. I kept it & hosted laggy ghost races lol. Definitely not a good solution though. I agree with you, I would be glad to turn the collisions off, regarding the PING differences we all have, and the way the predictive code handle these collisions. Most of the ramming is not on purpose.
    Last edited by kanar; 6th July 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    dobyblue

I was just mentioning this yesterday in the online chat with Kanar, Zor, etc., etc.

Collusions are the bane of my existence and I am sure it happens more because I'm in Canada racing mostly Euro's. I don't know, but I would friggin' LOVE to see that option in the game.

Thumbs up

A 'hologram' race mode would be well cool

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

But these races wouldn't be the same without bumping, ramming and lag.

Would they ?? ................

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The weapons would still work in this mode yes?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Posted this in the "Small Changes" thread in the WO Future, but ya I am completely behind this.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    The weapons would still work in this mode yes?
    Yep, I can't see any reason why not.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

I was going to make a new topic about this but my query is fairly relevant here...

Why is it that more often than not, if someone contacts me going at a similar speed, we get sort of stuck together until I'm rammed into wall and the other person gets ahead? (Along with several others usually)

It seems to happen far too often with me. I'm comfortably in the top three, and then suddenly I'm last because I've just become stuck to someone else. It's so frustrating. How does everyone else deal with it? Am I using a weak ship? Am I supposed to side-shift out of the stickyness? Maybe the game favours the ship with the more stable internet connection?