Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Everything was looking good there for a while.
    I don't know if the reason things reverted back to vista pads and no BR's because not all people might of updated to 2.76 ,as it seems it's an optional upgrade.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Well, I did the 2.76 UG - and vistapdas (both flavors) are real for me. BRs are somewhat different. Withing some races they don't work at all (<50%) - even w/ LRLR/RLRL.. pad-atrocity, other times I'm not able to complete the BR and get a -15% BR penalty - sucks big time!

What I recently experienced in races where I suppose lag is extremely high and vista pads are present, that there are mines and bombs spontaneously appearing in front of me . First I thought I just wasn't watchful enough, but later I got prove for myself that I am watchful but the mines are just not there until I only have 5/100th of a second left to react. I'm too old to get this done w/o hitting the obstacle . Another thing related to this: mines are not in line w/ the ship that deploys them. Not funny when you try to follow someone with an offset to avoid bombs/mines and ... stall/boom.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
    I'm not able to complete the BR and get a -15% BR penalty - sucks big time!
    Amen to that! Really sucks not being able to BR but sucks even worse when you're still assessed the penalty. Happened to me a bunch last night. It's getting so I'm scared to even do one since one it probably won't work and two it'll zap my power just the same.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Hi everybody, I'm not sure if it has been discussed before, but since the first Wipeout HD update, I can't play online anymore. I tried to uninstall the game, reinstall it and update it, but the bug remains : when i want to go online it says I can't connect to the server.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Worst game connection ever. ****ing horrible.

5:30pm GMT+8 20/05/2009. Bullshit came true.

Complete ****ing utter ****.

Couldnt BR on Vineta

Got Zero weapons on Moa

Couldnt even see the other players on Sol2.... WTF!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I had about 5 races yesterday and then quit.
    Didn't seem any point,craft handled like a brick,no weapons,ghost craft.etc etc

Even when I hosted a no weapon tournament craft handling was not as it should be and BR's only worked occasionally.

This is so frustrating.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I blame it on your dodgy Australian broadband !!

Haven't been online with Wipeout since Sunday night and I had no issues with anything then but it was all english people.

once again begging to put back as it was in the beginning before any updates. At least until the stuff is fixed. I don't see a problem with doing this. People are seriously hating the game right now, for good reasons. If it is not fixable, then it should be gone, if it is fixable, it should be gone until it is fixed, and we all would be happy when it returns and there is no problems any more. I love 20 lap races, but not at the expense of picking a feisar, and getting qirex handling. Is it really that hard to just get rid of this update until it is taken care of and working correctly? Is it worth all of the "hate speech" against it, when it can be downgraded until all is working well? I don't get the stubborness here, or so it seems at least. It has been weeks of playing like this. It sucks to say the least, luckily for me, I am practicing other games for the tourney, but there is no reason for this it seems to me. EVEN if this is getting worked on, for the love of wipeout, put it back until it is fixed.

PSN ID
    stoneygate

I'm in the Uk and have just finished 3+ hours online without any problems at all, no Vista pads or the errors others seem to get. I have a good broadband connection while it's in a busy residential area. Must just be down to luck where you live...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

I'm at 50/50 with vista pads and BR's.
    But what really sets me off (like in UM or CP) i SEE the race leader BR but i cant. I feel so cheated when this happens
    What else could i do? follow my best racing line, adjust as needed to compensate for vista pads, and hope that when i input BR (even continuously when the initial input doesnt take) it gives it to be before i land if it even gives it to me at all.

(even failed to get my br when i launched myself with a turbo, more than enough time to register it but i was denied)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Raced tonight and no problems ,well apart from racing through Cambodia for the vast majority.

PSN ID
    stoneygate

Well here's the thing, for the first time EVER, this evening during 3 hours of racing I had my first Vista pads and my Mirage handled like a different craft at times...

It's difficult to imagine it's a result of 1.3 or 1.4 as it's never happened before for me.

Hmm.
    Last edited by stoneygate; 23rd May 2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

well seems the online problem persists or at least for me

whats going on SL ...... im miss wipeout online it isnt the same to play with a sub account

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Usually I don't encounter problems online but this afternoon I experienced the so called 'vista' pads here and there, one guy in particular had a really jumpy ship couldn't plasma his ass highly annoying.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Hey, I was racing you yesterday and thought wtf is happening ... most laggy races ever for me. Not only vista pads and not working BRs but also some strange weapon behavior like rockets hitting me that were fired in front of me - not kidding. Players off course/track and spontaneous bomb and mines appearances. I switched a few times the game hoster and even when hosting my own few races it lagged heavy.

Does anyone have an idea how this WOHD online architecture (server, client and network) is set up?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    ... one guy in particular had a really jumpy ship couldn't plasma his ass highly annoying.
    LOL, good one. I personally think this game went crazy since the updates (online mode). But as these issues have been discussed everywhere else lol, I'll just go back to the topic of this thread; the abducted IDs. Kanar psn ID disappeared in the SL servers on january 31. THIS IS the major problem of this game. There's probably hundreds of people who stopped to play online cos' they even don't know they can play through a different account. Seriously, is this issue the most complicated stuff to solve in the world?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The buck has been passed to SCEE on the original PSNid's that can't get online.

SL said it was a PS network problem

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I was racing in Pulse last night had some shiity lag, then but there are zero Vista Pads in Pulse opposed to that in Wipeout HD, where Vista pads rules.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    The buck has been passed to SCEE on the original PSNid's that can't get online.

SL said it was a PS network problem
    yeah & SCEE has probably passed the buck to the Ewoks of Endor now. Seriously this is absolutely not professional. I bought 2 or 3 ps1, 3 ps2, 3 psp & I'm about to buy a 2nd ps3 cos' mine is a boeing now. I'm not the only geek who made sony rich these past few years. I feel hurt to see they don't pay much attention to the people who cleary invested huge sums of money into the playstation universe. I just want to be treated as a consumer, not more. I want my fkin psn ID back on wipeout, and a bug-free online universe.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

*sigh*
    yeldar2097 has been successfully network errored out of existence
    offline here i come...