Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

Default Wipeout HD Online Issues?

whats up everyone.

hey i got issues with the online since a week ago, everytime i want to start the online it says me "cant connect with the server try again later", and if i try again later it says it cant connect cause im already logged in... wtf anyone having same problems or how did u solve it?

thanks for the help, ill really appreciate it cause i only need the bling brigade trophy for the platinum and the bad part is i cant use the online lol

if ur asking... ive played a lot wipeouthd online dunno why im having issues now,oh and i have nat 2 btw.

forgive me if i made a mistake by creating this thread in this seccion, i did read the rules and didnt find another thread like this one.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i had that problem a few days ago after accidentally pressing square whilst logged in (which lets you change location). then i got the can't connect thing. got angry, restarted ps3, only to find the already logged in message. rinsed and repeated. got angry, had a sandwich. i decided to do some offline racing just to pass the time. couple of hourse later, i tried to log in expecting a failure, and it worked!
    sadly the only fix i know is the waiting game. i have NAT 2 as well btw.
    i'm sure someone will have a more adequate solution but i thought i might as well share my experiences

PSN ID
    chboing

hed exactly the same as yeldar2097

except i didnt have a sandwich

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I've had that a few months ago when I changed location as well. Waiting solved it, because there was no way to log in after switching from EU to US.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

by the way, what does switching location actually do? does location matter much?
    i never quite got why it was there.

chboing you missed out! it eased my pain a lot.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think all the location does is what region it says you are hosting from in the 'join game' screen. It's only really there to aid other people in joining a low-ping game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I think it might be more than that. A couple of months ago, I was racing someone from Germany, and the game was REALLY laggy. When I left his room, I noticed that his location was set to Korea, for whatever reason. I wrote him a PM telling him about the lag I experienced and asking why his location was set to Korea. He then changed it to EU, I rejoined him, and all the lag was gone completely. So, I don't know, maybe there are some kind of servers behind this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

I always assumed localized WO servers for each of the region. If you take over hosting a game localized in a region different from your own, the game will remain localized to the original game creator until you are the only one in the room.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Hmmm, I guess I was assuming matches were player-hosted like most other console titles. Then again, if the host leaves, the game doesn't conk out.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

i dunno if changing location will solve it, i cant change it anyway cause i cant log in lol

yesterday i ask a friend to use my account in his ps3 and play wipeout hd online, for my surprise he couldnt play aswell so i guess its a problem with my account.

tomorrow ill upgrade my hard disk from 40gb to 250gb hopefully the backup and restore will solve it, if not ill try redownloading the game lol