Thread: Things that would improve HD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

^ I think what you just said is the reason Nintendo puts Blue shells in Mario Kart. It helps to stop that happening, and in first place you cant just race along like a time trial regardless of the battles between other players and their weapon play between each other because you always run the risk of getting blue-shelled, so you can be caught up. However, the blue shell is unpopular with a lot of people so its a lose-lose really.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Belegurx

Blue shells... lol... i remember a Missile on... WOFusion? WO3? cant remember... that went directly to the leader too... it could be usefull for online races...

But what i mostly miss on this WOHD is the complete stats option from the previous fusion, pure or pulse, that even told u the time u spent watching the stats... i miss a lot to see how many weapons i used, wich ones most, laps on every curse... that kind of things... and an update 1.1 including that would be quite easy i guess...
    Last edited by Belegurx; 4th October 2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: .

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I would like stat tracking also...
    More importantly I'd like for the mic problem to be fixed.... the game should not freeze for any period of time when u press the mic button.... that is ludicrous and I'm glad I haven't hit it accidently yet or I'd be seriously po'd.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If bombs were persistent as they were in Pure they could help slow leaders down.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Well, after playing HD for a few hours earlier today, the only thing S.L. needs to do is make Phantom Phantom again -- the fastest class feels somewhere between Flash and Rapier this time. Gimme some Zen or Super Zen, thanks.

I like HD a lot; it's a very impressive piece of work -- but for that raw, visceral feel of racing, my heart is still with Pulse. Perhaps that will change when I score my own copy of HD and put more time into it, but I've yet to be convinced.

EDIT: Oh, and they need to un-nerf the barrel rolls. Pure was a constant nightmare when it came to critical shields; HD appears to have restored that peril. To each is own I suppose, but can't say I'm a fan of it.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 5th October 2008 at 02:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

You probably already know this, Flashback, but shield energy refills constantly (and quickly) when you are playing time trial and speed lap modes-- so for hot lapping, you can barrel roll as much as you want

I agree with you about the speed of the game, WOHD definitely seems slower than Pulse and even Pure.

I'm enjoying WOHD a lot-- bought my PS3 just recently so that I could play this game-- but in the end I expect I will slightly prefer the handheld games. I love portable gaming, and there is so much great content in Pure and Pulse. I do appreciate using the more powerful console, however, and a more seemless online system.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Oh, and they need to un-nerf the barrel rolls. Pure was a constant nightmare when it came to critical shields; HD appears to have resOh, and they need to un-nerf the barrel rolls. Pure was a constant nightmare when it came to critical shields; HD appears to have restored that peril. To each is own I suppose, but can't say I'm a fan of it..tored that peril. To each is own I suppose, but can't say I'm a fan of it.
    I agree completely. Especialy when use a ship with relatively low sheild energy such as Icarus or agsys. Every time i do a barrell rol it seems to put the energy warning on.

Also, I love the idea of keyboard chat in the lobby, as it is a quick and accessable to most of us.

Another feature I would love to see on top of increased audio quality is an icon that appears next to a players name to indicate whether they simply [I]have[I][ a headset or not. That would tell me whether or not to turn mine on, as I only use it when I'm certain that there are others talking.

I'm am oldie. I have not played wipeout since 2097. I bought a ps3 for wipeout HD alone. mgs4 was a bonus but pc's are my thing mainly.
    The thing i miss most is the cornering from 2097. It was possible to swing into the corner then press the other air break to do a sideways skid to clear the corner. It made the speed feeling all the better.
    I'm also in the camp for getting rid of the barrel roll. its a wreck the head to have to squeeze them in as often as possible. phantom speed with weapons is fun enough. barrel rolls suck.
    But all in all Wipeout HD rocks. I play on my highdef 90" projection screen with my kef 2001's, black out blinds and a big **** off couch. what a buzz!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and they need to un-nerf the barrel rolls. Pure was a constant nightmare when it came to critical shields; HD appears to have restored that peril. To each is own I suppose, but can't say I'm a fan of it.
    I preferred the Pure system for multiplay and I`m glad it`s back - more tactical, more dangerous, more exciting. But, as you say, to each his own.

Text chat in lobbies would be useful, agree, and yes we love stats!

Regarding being stuck in the pack and having to get away at the start, I think it`s always been like that since Pure`s multiplayer. You absolutely have to get the first part of the race right and not get caught in the mash-up. That`s a huge part of the game. The only way around it that I`ve ever though might work was the idea to have no weapons for a period at the start of the race. Don`t know if I would like that until I saw it in practice, but it might balance the game away from the high thrust ships a bit. Triakis in Pure was slow starting, but you could catch up because it could eat bombs.

PSN ID
    RozPT

Oh, I forgot one.

Weapon pickups should take race position to consideration. Being 1st with Quake's and Missiles ready is stupid. Being last with Mines and Bombs is even worse. Maybe balance things out a little?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    Oh, and they need to un-nerf the barrel rolls. Pure was a constant nightmare when it came to critical shields; HD appears to have restored that peril. To each is own I suppose, but can't say I'm a fan of it.
    As you say at each his own... to me barrell rolls should have been entirely left out of the game....

I agree with the fixed speed class thing... not nice to sarch a rapier class race only to join and discover that the host has changed to venom

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I also agree barrel rolls should be taken out. If they have to be in there, make the controls for them different, the left right left thing is horrible.