Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coolest PURE moments!!!

I've had a fair few occasions where I drift far too left/right or spend more time airbourne than I really ought to at that area of the track, and end up clipping a trackside object or a bridge suspended above the track, causing me to be walloped away like a pinball, either right back across the track or into the air. I don't think the start/finish line could do something like that, so I guess, like me, you clipped an object that's right next to the trackside.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I've experienced that on some tracks there's some kind of obstacle sticking out on the very right or the very left side of the track, right where the start/finish line is. If you go too far right or left while crossing the line you'll hit it and this usually ends in an unexpected and devastating disaster - like your ship suddenly flying nose first straight up into the sky at incredible speed, getting turned around 90° or even 180° or whatever nightmare can happen to an AG pilot who is totally focused on his race and therefore absolutely high on adrenalin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

YIHAA! It's about time I post something new here!

Today I was doing a Giant Tourno Alterego style. Flying on Sol 2 in the second round. I missed my speedpad just after the starting grid, Number two passed me and dropped a bomb exactly before me, I hit the bomb fly in the air and on the side grind did a barrelroll and passed number one again!! What a move, superb.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

coolest WipEout Pure moment?

The European WipEout Convention 2007 in Amsterdam I would say

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    coolest WipEout Pure moment?

The European WipEout Convention 2007 in Amsterdam I would say
    lol I can for sure not argue against it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Amen to that! I am still transcending on the buzz from this unforgetable weekend! We wrote Wipeout history!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Totally agree with you max

stevie

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Coolest? there's a frozen ones:

on Karbonis (track that I hate like all the classic one),

I was behind "Fast Classic Alterego" with my PumaI when I take the bomb of Alterego (thanks ), restarted I fall down the fracture (too low speed), restarted I was taken by a missile, restarted I fall down again, restarted I take the mines dropped after a bend, restarted I was reached again by Alterego, then I hit with perfection his second bomb...then I enjoy myself with a great explosion...
    Last edited by il_NIK; 26th March 2007 at 03:10 PM. Reason: amsterdam convention naturally

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Laughing my arse of Nik. That's Convention time indeed. 4 laps first and getting shot on the last curve finishing last. Everything is possible except for beating ASA. Congrats again my friend.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

No even that is possible! Remember when he finished last on... erm... was it a Delta track?
    Though, that's really not often the case.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

bad luck, Il Nik - I struggle badly at Karbonis. (yes, and everywhere else at Phantom, Max!)

I have a few moments from Saturday evening that were brilliant.

First one was when I overtook Clarko and AmigoJack on the last lap of Iridia, only to fly too close to the wall and hit the timing post at the finish line, making my ship do a backflip and lose the race!

Second was betting shot from behind by Il NiK as we both got to the final jump at Sinucit. I had a turbo and used it just as he shot me, so we both jumped through the air together and I just beat him to the line.

Lastly was when Dag launched a quake as I left the big jump at Modesto Heights. I landed on top of the quake wave and it rebounded my ship into the advertising billboard across the track, losing so much shield from the double hit that I exploded in the billboard! Extremely cool way to go, watching the others pass under my explosion!

Afterwards Dag said "Sorry Foxy!"

"No problem." I replied, "that's WipEout!"

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by il_NIK View Post
    Coolest? there's a frozen ones:

on Karbonis (track that I hate like all the classic one),

I was behind "Fast Classic Alterego" with my PumaI when I take the bomb of Alterego (thanks ), restarted I fall down the fracture (too low speed), restarted I was taken by a missile, restarted I fall down again, restarted I take the mines dropped after a bend, restarted I was reached again by Alterego, then I hit with perfection his second bomb...then I enjoy myself with a great explosion...

Me and Arnaud were killing outselves laughing while reading this!

I gotta admit, I have my moments but the one I really like is rom alterego, keep saying to me after second session "you bastard you bastard" cos I'm keeps beating and killing him on each track and I always says to everybody while racing in a high tone voice "I'm coming through!"

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Oh yes Niko , you make us laugh a lot ! that multi-respawn on Karbonis was a killer !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    No even that is possible! Remember when he finished last on... erm... was it a Delta track?
    Lol you right i finished last on 5 on karbonis track and then 4th on Sagarmatha but i saved my arse fiishing well that **** classique1 tournament ( ending by a 2nd place for me)

My best moment spent was on an unofficial tour we did with Del , RR & Poi on a descension . Loyal to my Ag Sys during all the weekend , i was shot by a perfect plasma from Del's triakis on Sinucit , next track was my Preciousss one :Blue Ridge my floaty Ag Sys did the job perfectly well in eliminating Del's triakis ( Thx for the beer Tom ) and ermmm sorry RR for shooting you at the same moment you wasn't my target

I think Nico's one will be unbeatable, lollll

But for me, i remember a marvellous race on Blue Ridge, with nearly all the best wipers in a very close 5-players race. I managed one of my best race ever, and was still first at the last turn of the last lap... when i heard "missile" ! Although my prayers, i've been shoted and... not 2nd, no more 3rd or 4th, and even not 5th, but abandon... and the worst was that during the 2 seconds of explosion, i had time to see the 4 others passing me !!!

But like Foxy says, it is wipeout...

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

I Love the Convention!!!

I've have a lot of fun in speak loudly some 'bad words' to Tom 'Plasma' Tomahawk and Stevie 'Quake' Stin

I loyal to my Icaras or 123Klan when I saw in my race one of this two 'Ships Killers', really 'Bastard Inside' , I had only a thought about the color of the smoke of my next future explosion.... ah! ah! ah! Booooom!!!

not enough ....... Asa Sensei has invented the 'death match' with only the zone ship .......... a big lough every explosion of that tiny and light ship ...... and Tom Kick my Ass with so many Pulse Ray.......sigh!

Read You Soon
    CdRom

ps. i remember the last race in blue ridge, i'm fifth at the half of the last turn and i listen in my headphone 'contender eliminated' when i'm entering in the last tunnel i'm fourth, but pass 1 sec and Max says loudly 'Impossible, impossible!'.....mmmh? i see his Assegai turned upside down in the last bend and i'm third!
    Wipeout is a super game! and the best is its maxim:"Let's Be Friends!"
    Last edited by alterego; 26th March 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Looks like all of us are having some great moments to remember from our convention, guys. For me, numerous moments to remember and it's two moments I'd like to share here.

First one would be that absolutely fantastic battle I had with Foxy on khara descent. We were passing each other numerous times throughout the race and kept bombing, mining and shooting each other. Rob won that battle on me by about a nose's length in the end. Congrats mate! I really enjoyed that one!

Second one is the Zone ship tournament with Asa and a third player (sorry mate, but I don't remember your name right now...) in which I finally got my revenge on Asayeah for the many times he blew me up on kai till today. One well aimed plasma and Woooosh! - the sensei's ship was burning with a sweet "contender eliminated" in my ears. But I'm sure our master pilot will take his revenge for that on kai in a few days *sigh*

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Yes! I remember that well, Tom - fantastic racing.

I wrote this AGES ago, one night after playing Kai, when everyone was asleep and I was too buzzing to do the same. Something reminded me to finally edit it (yes it used to be longer) and post it, for those with endurance to read it. War and Peace is slightly longer, but this has the advantage of having absolutely nothing but WAR in it. It`s a Kai Report from when Mad-Ice was staying chez Arnaud, in Le Havre. Hopefully Pulse will bring us many more times like this. We had so many great moments playing Pure on Kai, but this tour was the most memorable for me

__________________________________________________ ______________

This is the even more amazing sequel to the original 123 Karnage race event, the report for which can be found here
    So, I bring you:

123 Karnage: Part Deux – Stella Strike

Omega Tour, Phantom Class

the grid:

Rapier Racer: RRA, Qirex, Scotland
    Mad-Ice: MAD, Goteki 45, Netherlands, currently on tour in Le Havre, France
    Stin: STN, Goteki 45, Scotland
    Lunar: SPK, Goteki 45, England
    Assayeah: ASA, Icaras, Le Havre, France

This Omega tour started innocently enough with a speedy win for MAD on Burgertown. There was no way for ASA to catch him after a violent start with many weapon exchanges, while SPK and STN battled for third, with the Scotsman taking the five points after smooth flying. RRA, the former serial killer of 123 Klan, received some 123 Karma and was eliminated.

Burgertown

MAD 8
    ASA 6
    STN 5
    SPK 4
    RRA 0

When the same happened to the dreaded RRA again, on Cardcity, it was perhaps beyond the reach of even such a lethal pilot to come back and compete in this tour, though a near reversal of the top four positions from race 1 meant the tour was in a deadly balance for the rest, after SPK broke clear of the mayhem behind to win.

Cardcity Run results:

SPK 8
    STN 6
    MAD 5
    ASA 4
    RRA 0

Top 4 Standings after Cardcity Run

MAD 13
    SPK 12
    STN 11
    ASA 10

On Paris Hair, ASA, MAD, and SPK battled for the lead until lap three when MAD began to assert himself infront. But, just at that moment, SPK in third place witnessed a brutal plasma shot from the french marksman: the dutchman`s Goteki stood no chance. The master blaster of Le Havre then focussed on his piloting and his racing lines, to take the win.

Paris Hair Results:

ASA 8
    SPK 6
    STN 5
    RRA 4
    MAD 0

There was then a punch up in Le Havre, with ASA feeling MAD`s anger, as well as his left boot in the frenchman`s mouth. Eventually racing could resume with a tense final race in prospect. The top 4 standings after Paris Hair were:

ASA 18
    SPK 18
    STN 16
    MAD 13

SPK went into the final race knowing that beating ASA was the priority. To win the tour he would have to take care of the frenchman somehow, and hope that STN would not finish too far ahead. As the grid positions were revealed he was disapointed to see himself given 4th, but he cheered up quite a bit when he saw that ASA had been given 5th, to his right and back on the grid. Ready…. Go…… At the start SPK put in a hard shift to the right and this seemed to prevent his main rival, in the Icaras, getting a good launch. Dirty tricks, but this was no time to play nice. Looking good for the English pilot….. SPK sat in fourth for lap 1, with ASA behind. A monkey-turbo BR at the end of the lap took SPK up into second place, behind MAD. SPK then picked up a missile, waited for MAD to reach the open section on lap 2, fired. Off went MAD…… just as a bomb came into view ahead, taking SPK off the side also. Both ships respawned in their previous positions, with the chasing pack now much closer. This seemed to make MAD focus himself, he took off ahead and was not seen again in that race. SPK did not panic, a glance behind told that RRA and STN were between him and ASA. But not for long: primed with a supply of missiles and rockets the two Bravehearts soon took SPK down to fourth. But still, ASA was behind and SPK remained on course for gold, no need to panic. A few laps of battling followed, between SPK, RRA and STN, with 2nd-4th position changing all the time. At the start of lap 5 all pilots were feeling the pressure, and a mistake from SPK saw him drop to fourth again, and as he recovered from the wall hit ASA sped by – suddenly the Frenchman was on course to win the tour instead. But SPK, now 5th and facing disaster, still didn`t despair – he picked up a turbo on the open section, to save for the monkey hill at the end, and knew he had a great chance. He sat in 5th, while ASA ploughed into the fight with RRA and STN, unable to force his way through on the narrow straight after the open section. Even if ASA had a turbo too, SPK was confident he couldn`t cleanly use it with RRA and STN so close ahead of him. Shield was low, a slight worry, but SPK had just enough energy for the final BR at the monkey. SPK was just a second down on the pack as the monkey came into view – in fifth place, but confident the tour was his. He hit turbo and sailed over the heads of RRA, STN and ASA – nice smooth BR, landed cleanly pointing down the final straight towards glory…… then….. “Missile”.... SPK hears the deadly warning, but the missile will never hit him as another pilot has his sights on the Englishman, with an even deadlier weapon..... Over the last weapon pad STN has picked up a plasma bolt, and now has ASA and then SPK both ahead of him. It`s now or never for the Scotsman and he has SPK in his sights with the plasma charging: the deadly bolt is unleashed and crashes into the side of SPK`s Goteki 45, he is thrown into the wall, out of control, and explodes instantly. ASA is still ahead of STN, but ASA is passing by the explosion of SPK`s ship – now he is on course to win the tour, but he is caught in the blast of SPK`s dying Goteki, his shield is critical, and the Frenchman`s Icaras cannot survive the blast. He also is eliminated, by the same plasma blast, with the finish in sight, as STN waves to the crowd and cruises down the final straight to a glorious tournament win, achieved with one plasma and a double elimination on the last corner of the last race of the tour!

123 Klan Results:

MAD 8
    STN 6
    RRA 5
    ASA 0
    SPK 0

Phantom Omega Results:

STN 22
    MAD 21
    SPK 18
    ASA 18
    RRA (unsure of final points, the reporter was too busy laughing and crying……)

Amazing events – but it wasn`t all over. Just two races later, on Anulpha Pass, start of the final lap, ASA and SPK once again demonstrated a synchronized son et lumiere at the hands of a single pilot with a single rocket shot. This time the eliminations were so well-timed that all the pilots heard was one “contender eliminated” with a strange echo. The culprit has not been found, but the name of RRA has been mentioned in connection with the incident, and FX300 Authorities are most interested in questioning him.
    Last edited by lunar; 26th June 2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: getting the facts right! ;)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Oh thanks Stephen to remind us that so cool tournament we did months ago.
    That was truly a great kai action where everything was possible.
    You comment it perfectly we can feel again the pressure we had

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol! Good report quite detailed, nicely showing up how good I am at Omega......

Hopefully more fun times with Pulse are ahead, and Pure!! it's not dead yet. Rockets you say? What rockets?