Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things I hate about WipEout 3

makes it more challenging and thus more satisfying to master. i managed alright eventually, got all golds, and it has enough speed to be thrilling when you get the lines right, plus it takes a lot of damage

worst/least favourite track? since this is the thread of dislike and everything

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Stanza Inter, that dark tunnel screws me up everytime. I can't see crap when I'm in there and I misjudge corners all the time. It'd be decent if I could see something.

haha, stanza inter is one of my favourites, but you're right about one stretch of tunnel - when you loop around after starting the race and come to the junction, the tunnel on the right is deceptive, dark and can destroy your race, takes good lines and concentration to navigate without collisions.

personally, p-mar project is my least favourite. it's a good track, but it doesn't look as spectacular as other tracks and a few of the bends and tunnels are showstoppers. then again, it's challenging and thrilling when raced through smoothly, and it does feature the most spectacular jump in the game, before the final bend and tunnel; i love hyperthrusting into it, exhilirating

10 things i hate about wipeout 3....

couldnt really say.. the game was crap and boring and i cant even remember it.but i can remember wipeout2097 and wipeout so that says it all.

lol jasmin, it did not break new ground in the series or genre of gaming, not like the first 2 games did, and you may not have found it particularly memorable, but surely there are other reasons why you dislike it so? a shame that you do, but i suppose that if you found it boring and despise it, that's your prerogative. i hate harry potter but enjoy a lot of other fantasy, and i couldn't really tell you in much detail what it is i don't like about HP. oh well!

Im not keen on harry potter myself. Not my cup of tea.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Talking

I have played/owned all uk released W"O games barring HD.

W"O"3 - I only remember one thing about it, Sagarmatha - it means "Mother River" in Hindi.

The game was unmemorable and slightly disappointing, hence even after clocking it, I reverted back to 2097.

I actually liked Fusion more than W"O'3... don't lynch me for saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    The game was unmemorable and slightly disappointing, hence even after clocking it, I reverted back to 2097.

I actually liked Fusion more than W"O'3... don't lynch me for saying that!
    Some people says that Wip3out (and WO3-SE) is the perfect game of the saga, am not agree with this; Wip3out has a great design, some cool ships (Assegai and Goteki are very wonderful) and some wonderful tracks but sometimes it annoying me.
    This is because the flying dinamic of the ships is too light to be serious for me, this characteristic for long times can boring, especially in the fastest class, and the soundtrack is not that great....every time am playing of Wip3out i feel the same sensations....absolutely is not a bad game (I like it, is a very good game, don't exists a Wipeout game that I don't like), but at the same time it don't represents the perfection in the saga.
    For me the first two episodes are incomparable, but I think that the general design of Wip3out is one of the coolest in the WipEout history.
    But this is only my opinion, and I respect all the opinions about it .

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

While I agree 3 is by no means the best of the series, it's the one I grew up on and played the most. It's enjoyable for me and I like it. There is no such thing as a bad or average Wipeout Soundtrack as far as I can see imho, however. Once I get HD I'll be spending more time on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-FLO View Post
    W"O"3 - I only remember one thing about it, Sagarmatha - it means "Mother River" in Hindi.
    Sagarmatha is not in WO3, it's in 2097/XL.

jade, it is encouraging that the HP bug hasn't caught everyone. it may be well written, structurally and grammatically outstanding and engaging due to basic plot, characters and developments but it just doesn't hook me. i guess the piloting, style etc. of 3 didn't hook you in the same way wipeout or 2097 did

ace, as lance said, dude, sagarmatha is from 2097, not 3. i guess it was that unmemorable for you as well that you cannot even remember the names of the tracks, hehe!

venom, i respect your expanded upon opinions. may i ask what it is about goteki that you like? i personally love the soundtrack more then any other in the series, although i feel there are no weak soundtracks in the series impressively. each one signals the specific time it was released in its own way, as well as the atmosphere and vision of the game itself. each one fits the game nicely in selection and style.

i also feel the design is outstanding, and i'm a fan of the menu system too, something much derided in other wipeoutfan quarters from what i've seen. as for the flying dynamic, i didn't think it was that light; i feel pure was lighter and bouncier, and pulse can be on phantom, but that's just my limited experience and memory of them!

sonicchaos, it's also the wipeout i grew up with, although the first one was the one i first played and the one which originally blew my mind.

3 had been out about six months before I got my first game console, and was one of the first few games I bought. When I played it for the first time, I thought: "I am in the Future." The smoothness and near silence of the ships seemed like something apart from today's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by willsgb13 View Post
    venom, i respect your expanded upon opinions. may i ask what it is about goteki that you like? i personally love the soundtrack more then any other in the series, although i feel there are no weak soundtracks in the series impressively.
    I like Goteki because....I like it !!!!
    But my favourite one is Assegai, strongest Wip3out ship ever !
    For me the best soundtrack ever is from Wipeout 2097/XL.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Soundtracks are more so a personal opinion, but I have to say XL's was pretty good. Go Assegai!

@wills I played Wipeout first, but 3 drew me in more because it was a lot easier and I was young at the time (if you consider 10 young).

@Lance Exactly. What are those scientists waiting for? Gimme my antigrav darnit!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Sagarmatha is not in WO3, it's in 2097/XL.
    Aaaand, WO3SE has it. Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Ben

Could be.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I really hope SE will get staeside at some point in some form. I really wanna play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    3 had been out about six months before I got my first game console, and was one of the first few games I bought. When I played it for the first time, I thought: "I am in the Future." The smoothness and near silence of the ships seemed like something apart from today's reality.
    yes, it marries that with very recognisable and seemingly contemporary track locations which may help to inspire that feeling of futurism, the first one did so too IMO, while 2097 and the later fusion adopt a more futuristic overall look, in different ways

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I like Goteki because....I like it !!!!
    But my favourite one is Assegai, strongest Wip3out ship ever !
    For me the best soundtrack ever is from Wipeout 2097/XL.
    come on dude, give me something for goteki! i like the look of the ship and it's got good handling but it's a challenge to make a winner out of it. fair play though! assegai's handling is indeed joyous, especially on phantom

2097's soundtrack does seem to be very popular here, but i will stand by my favourite of 3, although the original wipeout is a very close second, and i have grown very fond of the smart pulse one. none of them have a bad soundtrack though, that's the thing, they're all top notch without exception

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    Soundtracks are more so a personal opinion, but I have to say XL's was pretty good. Go Assegai!

@wills I played Wipeout first, but 3 drew me in more because it was a lot easier and I was young at the time (if you consider 10 young).

@Lance Exactly. What are those scientists waiting for? Gimme my antigrav darnit!
    wip3out is easier due to wall-grind-speed-boosting as opposed to wall-stop-you-dead-in-your-tracksing but the learning curve is quite steep and phantom is satisfyingly difficult and thrilling to nail

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    Aaaand, WO3SE has it. Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Ben
    perhaps! i for one would love to try the classic wipeout and 2097 tracks on 3. i have seen SE selling on websites but the price seems steep. i'm very tempted to try it out. bring a tv and PS and copy around and we'll do 4 way eliminator deathmatches and race the **** out of it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I'm all for it. Even if tyhe game is 8-9 years old I still am desperate to play it. That's the mark of a truly good game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

1. The ships aren't balanced... Feisar and Goteki I'm looking at you. :/
    2. Some really bad track design in some places... gah. I feel like the ships weren't made for the the same game (Granted I'm no expert but there's no ****ing way you land that jump on Mega Mall smoothly. And then that turn, omfg.)
    3. Tedious. Mind numbingly tedious.
    4. Doesn't appropriately save settings. Why do I have to go back there and set my default name all the time? Also, after I watch the replay, I got to enter it again if I make a record time!