Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Advancements..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    borell

Congrats zargz!!

Did you have a tough battle for winning the gold on the last tour?

@ alterego + Mad-Ice: ... and I have 131h in single player. You two must play a lot!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

You should see the amount of time I've logged in Free Play. It exceeds 90 percent of my total playtime.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

LOL - I might have spent one hour in Free Play. Maybe. Just got back to Pure yesterday. Plugging away! As much as one can "plug" in wipeout.

BTW, where are all your records for Pure, Zargz? You have lots of work to do by now, entering them all!!

Don`t forget that re-started TTs and Free Play sessions will not count towards the total play time in your profile - so the situation for Pure addicts is even worse than it seems.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Mmmm, now I am going to try and defend myself here and saying that I am not an addict at all!! 'Cough'

With the 450 hours I was refering to total game play! Most of it is indeed TT and free play time. I didn't know free play time is not counting total time I am going to check this now!

Edit: Free time is counting in total playing time!!!

Singing: "I am not an addict"
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 27th November 2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Free time!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Don`t forget that re-started TTs and Free Play sessions will not count towards the total play time in your profile - so the situation for Pure addicts is even worse than it seems.
    I guess loading times and the times you're waiting on the grid for other players when playing on X-link kai do not count towards the total play time either... *looks at his pure profile* Dramatic!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

i am at 2097 hours ... sounds i got data corrupted

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

thanx guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by borell View Post
    Did you have a tough battle for winning the gold on the last tour?
    yeh, I took the gold by 1 point!

c'mon medusa! you got a week til Pulse!!

alterEgo: 700 hrs vs 70 for me .. ok that's 10% of your hrs!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    i am at 2097 hours ... sounds i got data corrupted
    Lol! If one gets there he/she must'n keep on playing, you know that, right? ;-)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Phew. 280 atm. I figure I've got at least 3 more weeks exclusively for Pure, with the Dec. 14 date and a week for shipping overseas...Maybe I'll even make it to 300!!

Oh, and I lied about my free play time. It's actually been 7 hours, not 1!!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    BTW, where are all your records for Pure, zargz? You have lots of work to do by now, entering them all!!
    mmm.. don't like BRs so I won't be posting any. tracks with 1-2 BRs are ok but some classic tracks are too much.
    also something I read around here from jay (task) I think it was, about having to press down the nose
    all the time in order to get higher speed .. you shoud slow down if you do that, I think ..
    with this two things I cannie be arsed to even try getting close to some records
    although now I'm racing a lot of free race trying to get some perfect laps, wich is always nice
    oh! don't forget the 'supership' again!! that seems to be more the rule than the exeption in wipeout games nowadays
    ( all games but wo1 has them )

anyway imo racing games should be about finding the ultimate racing line and not performing a tekken combo = BRs
    or 'who can race the longest with the nose pressed down'.

Exept that this is ofcource the best wipeout at the time I'm typing this coz tomorrow I'll have PULSE! wich seems to be even better
    eXept the limited Free Race and the missing Replay

well i guess this should do it as my Review of Pure?
    hehe!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phl0w

...but pitching your nose has always been a major part of WO's physics, thus an important racing technique. Admittedly, though, it was much easier with a neGcon, with which you had your thumb free, instead of the PSP's crappy d-pad that doesn't allow proper diagonal input. I've gotten used to pressing down on the pad by now whenever I don't have to steer, even if it's for a fraction of a tenth of a second.

I do understand your disliking BRs, though. They are a completely unnecessary "feature", only good to divide WO players into two fractions. Much like Mario Kart's snaking technique. Don't get me wrong, they've saved my butt many times when a speed burst was the only way to finish first, but this feature ruined time-trialing for me.
    Unfortunately, from what I've read it's back in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

"don't like BRs ...press down the nose all the time in order to get higher speed .. you shoud slow down if you do that, I think .."

I also dislike barrel rolls and hate the nose-down which speeds you up. Aerodynamics, hello??? And the Triakis irks me, although I use it once in awhile.
    But, I still faithfully enter all my records, just to see where my times are compared to the pros' records (everyone else's). Besides, when casual Pure racers come along to the site I don't want them to feel bad when there's 30 seconds between their race time and the next one up.

(And yes, I'm going to keep telling myself that.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Just a slight note on the nose down : my feeling is if you press all the way the button , your ship will slowly but surely go back to his normal position but if you multiple press it you ll get it better ( in term of speed).
    This is the same for the direction, if you don't want to use sideshift to really go out fast from the curves, you ll have to multi-press the lateral button ( dapd left or right) to let you do this , and this technique is way better than pressing constantly the button ( left or right).

Pavel you said : ' imo racing games should be about finding the ultimate racing line'
    i disagree with you. When you dogde a AI ship or a online friend's one , you need to adapt your line at every millisecondes : that is what a racing game is for me : adapt the strategy and anticipate as much as you can and always find new lines.
    Same for TT , you can't have an ultimate line cause there's several factors which influence your line and not only those who came immediately into your mind like BR, nose down or sideshift but others like type of the ship which influence a lot of your line , height of this one compared to the ground, etc...
    For instance on 2097/XL ( no shortcut) Al and me have similar scores in matter of tenths secondes ( almost ultimate racetime or laptime) and we have completely different lines & technique ...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Whats all this about pushing the nose down for more speed? Your talking about going along in a straight line, flat piece of track I am supposed to go faster if I push the nose down? I must be pushing it down wrong then cos the last time I tried that on Pure all I got was slowed down.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    ...but pitching your nose has always been a major part of WO's physics, thus an important racing technique
    Agreed on that. in wo1, 2097 and wo3 pitching was as natural as breathing but in pure it's just irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by phl0w View Post
    I do understand your disliking BRs, though. They are a completely unnecessary "feature", only good to divide WO players into two fractions. Much like Mario Kart's snaking technique. Don't get me wrong, they've saved my butt many times when a speed burst was the only way to finish first, but this feature ruined time-trialing for me.
    Unfortunately, from what I've read it's back in Pulse.
    Actually the mario-boost would seeem even more realistic to me, for a wo game, than the BRs, considering tenergyhe real world wipEouts take place in,
    which have been one of the majors resons I've loved these series - I love my sci-fi!

asa: guess i should've said in general racing games are all about the racing line ...
    also as you might know I used to 'compete' mostly in TT that lacks the randomness of SR and gives the most even conditions for compareing times.
    though now with internet play SR and tournaments are the most fun - yes. for the tables though I'd still race 95% TT

while on a negative roll, another thing about BRs - the AI don't use them, same as the quake, cloak and energy wall in wo3 wich is pretty lame.
    also you can drive through you own bomb!

on a positive note, that might be due to a bad prgramming, now you can see the AI make a misstake now and then
    at least in two places I've seen them get stuck on a turn - citta nuova on the tight turn before the S-es and the 3rd corner (the u-turn) at chenghou project.
    well, it just might be a well placed bomb by another AI.

a bit back on topic: last two days I feel like I'm crossing a barrier where from forcing victories and control of the ship by sheer stuborness now I start to feel more in control
    prob'ly due to them Free Races I've been doin last days. another observation - my concentration for FRs seems to vanish around lap 70!!?

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi zargz, hi all.

Quote Originally Posted by zargz View Post
    omissis.....

while on a negative roll, another thing about BRs - the AI don't use them,

omissis....
    No at all....

I see sometimes my AI make a Barr Roll, but with no method, no system to gain real advantage during the sr......poor AI

on negative side i see more difficult to make BR in SR than in TT.....during an sr with the other ships near it's hard to make BR.......

Read You Soon
    CdRom