Thread: D-pad or stick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

can you post a link to a guide to that? I'm curious to see it, I find the slidy nature of the psp nub makes it unusable for me, so if a tilty analogue stick can be fitted I might be able to use it

It still doesn't tilt though just makes it alot easier to handle, can actualy hold the nub and use the shoulder without danger of firing th PSP across the room. I'll try n find the guide.

edit by Lance: redundant quote eliminated. please read the guidelines

wasn't the replacement of the nub by a PS stick covered in Asayyeah's thread about his broken PSP?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

if it's clearly that , i warn people of doing such a thing . if you change the nub by a heaviest stick you wil damage for sure very quickly the weaky mecanism which move it.

Default Ap Br

Here`s a new fact Assayeah and I have discovered about the dpad or nub issue: with the dpad it`s possible to trigger a Barrel Roll while Autopilot is engaged (let`s call it AP-BR), in the normal way. With the the nub you cannot trigger a barrel roll while AP is engaged. Advantage dpad users there.

I tested this on Chenghou, Modesto and Altima. On Chenghou the nub did seem to do an AP-BR a couple of times off the big drop, just in the last moment before the ship hit the ground, after I had been waggling the nub frantically all the way down the drop, but I believe this was the AP doing this and my commands were not doing anything. The AP certainly does do BRs by itself so I think this explains it. I have tested it enough to be satisfied I`m right - with the dpad the BR is instant, with the nub it won`t work no matter what you do as far as I can tell.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

wow, now that's interesting! that would make the last hairpin on CN a LOT faster with AP!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

great find stephen, i remembered when i use the nub in the past be able to BR instantly when an AP is engaged for instance on seb climb that's all i have in memory.

El : avoiding the last chicane on CN by an AP is something which is working great with dpad yesterday i smashed my SR race with Lunar from 2.52 to 2.41.68. But there's a similar result with a turbo at the same place : BR into the air avoiding chicane and whooooshhhh you fly like wind