Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EU PureUrban music pack

Timezone
    GMT -5

Just because something is free doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There's really no need to always remind us that "if you don't like it, don't download it" ...

... because then I'll be forced to remind you of that other free downloadable monstrosity.

Yes there is...

Actually just seen the link, and even though I have that and all the other downloads... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! - I tried to forget about that one! 8O

Timezone
    GMT -5

*bows humbly*

Anytime anyone anywhere gives us the argument "don't complain, it's free", I shall be there to remind you al of the toxic horror that was the free cokestyle ship.

Lest we forget.

I don`t think the fact that the music is free has any relevance to whether it works well with the game. It`s a subjective judgement about a creative work, and the cost involved to the user isn`t part of that judgement at all. We`re not saying we`ve been ripped off, or that we should have been given something better; we`re just trying it out and expressing an opinion that some of it doesn`t work. If we were complaining that we`d been stitched up or ripped off, then the "don`t complain it`s free" argument would have some bearing, but expressing an opinion about the music itself has nothing to do with money.

I like some rap and hip hop - but not this stuff. There are good and bad examples of all musical styles and imo a lot of the urban music in these packs is simply bland; but as GorT says, if it works for you - go for it.

Has anyone else tried out the German and Spanish packs, and if so did you also find them too quiet? It would be good if this issue could be fixed. I know it`s free, but I would still like to be able to hear it in the game, which I`m sure was the intention of the creators also.

I downloaded the UK pack to try it out.

Its umm different...

and subsequently deleted...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Has anyone found that either one of the six music packs has a techno theme that works well within Pure, and if so, which one was it?

All I found is that after installing the UK pack, my ship needed some gold chains, spinners and maybe some of my crew hanging out the side of the ship with mac-10's.

Timezone
    GMT -5

*tries and fails to come up with a Wipeout related "Pimp my Ride" joke*

i got the platinum bathtub installed last week, and they're finishing the movie theater today. real silk on the seats, dude.

edit: pimpin the ride is like the Hugh Hefner-style dream of the Playboy mansion on wheels.

Drak, I`m starting to like the French pack, which is the only decent one that`s LOUD enough. It`s more in your face than classic wipeout soundtracks, but I think it`s also refreshingly different in places. Bad Boy Racing is pretty good on Burgertown and 123 Klan. Try it - you always have the delete button, but for various reasons I wouldn`t bother with anything else.

Im assuming since I cant get it to work that its a euro only option?

I think it is, but you aren't missing much.