Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout Pure and how it was meant to be ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by vdu
    Meanwhile they need to create a new firmware with some new features/enhancements : like support for native resolution AVC movies, better browser (I don't really care about this one, and I think it can only make the psp more vulnerable), or finally set the psp to its native clock.
    Forget native resolution AVC, I can't even make movies that work on the thing. They need to add more codec support, or at least make their MPEG-4 support more open-source.

Also, a better browser with Flash and Java support, with page saving ability, would be amazing. It would allow some "homebrew" stuff via flash and java games, while also not really allowing piracy(try emulating Wipeout Pure in Flash).

[OT]
    Sven have u tried pspvideo9 ? It's the most easy program (but not the best) to convert your movies and it works fine. The problem is that you are still forced to 320x240 for homemade movies, instead of the 480x272 used in UMD videos
    [/OT]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyCurly
    Old asayyeah, as in asayyeah from wipefusion days? (...) how the devil are you matey??
    Hey Chris !! Of course i remeber you.
    It's very cool you join this friendly area, Hellfire told me you were around there.
    there's also Lunar from WF board.

What's new about me : ahahaha i am always a die-hard addicted to zone ( just have a look on my thread into the WZ arena forum)

What 's your impression about Pure? about zone?

I hope we can exchange Pure Zone tips has we ve done for Fusion.... maybe with msn... these days i spent really great great time to talk to few WZ members ( in other hand i can relax my ' sored' thumbs tchating with them due to insane zone reached, lol )

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Good to speak to you again asayyeah!

I have been staying outzone because the guys I race with don't like it. I have only managed Zone 44 so far but I will be back in the zone again as soon as I have mastered the rest of the game.

I love pure, best WO yet for me, shame that there are only 4 zone tracks so far and I would perfer a bit more colour in the tracks too, that blue can mess with your eyes a bit!

my msn is baldingcurly@hotmail.com, email is wipeout@chrisacton.co.uk.

Whats you stats for the 4 zones and how much time have you spent in their?

Give me a few weeks and I will be chasing you down mate!!!

Cheers, Chris

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by vdu
    [OT]
    Sven have u tried pspvideo9 ? It's the most easy program (but not the best) to convert your movies and it works fine. The problem is that you are still forced to 320x240 for homemade movies, instead of the 480x272 used in UMD videos
    [/OT]
    I have a Mac, and have pretty much tried every possible solution I've come accross. What really gets me is that I can make MPEG-4 movies in about 4 different ways with all kinds of options, including H.264, but none of them will run on the PSP.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Use ffmpegx. It works like a charm and has plenty of options regarding screen sizes and ratios.

http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

They even have a short PSP tutorial.