Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AG systems / Piranha

I'll have a read and see about getting the 122. As for buffalo routers, we sell them at work and I'm sorry to say we keep getting them back because the range of the wireless seems to be shorter than the length of our cheapest ethernet cable!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I wouldn't trust the single-router method anyway, I don't remember having a successful connection with someone who uses this setup, but I could be wrong. DWL-122 is safe, and we could even help you set it up if you got problems.

well its a small sacrifice to have my pc on while I play pure online, so I'll see about getting the 122

Cheers for the tips, keep em coming in lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

you will want to have your pc up and running anyway, since you will want to chat between races and commit to the usual post-race trashtalk :wink:

lol thats very true, although I try not to trash talk if possible. If I'm beaten fair and square I don't mind

Timezone
    GMT -5

There's one odd thing that eLhabib has also noticed but don't need to be worried about. When you establish the ad hoc connection between your PSP and DWL-122 adaptor, it'll initially say "low signal" and after a few seconds shift to "no signal" - and yet it will work just nicely. I've had entire descension tournaments go by without any lag while my Dlink software insists that there's no signal.

It works, and that's good enough for me

curiously, I've just looked at what stock we have at work and we sell the 122 still, its the G122 but that should be the same thing!

Timezone
    GMT -5

"Canadians look like us... but they're DIFFERENT!" - John Larocquette

It seems the same, yes, but with a catch - the DWL-122G is a G type adaptor, while DWL-122 is a B adaptor. The PSP doesn't seem to like G connections, as its built in protocol is 802.11b, not g. Practical experience from other users has landed the DWL-122G in the "doesn't work" pile.

but G stuff should be backwards compatible with B though? Even the new PRE-N kit works with older wireless equipment. We even managed to get windows98 and XP networked together wirelessly across different standards!

Timezone
    GMT -5

"In theory, theory is the same thing as practice. But in practice, it isn't."

Like you said, it SHOULD be, except that in the real world it simply isn't. Go ahead and try if you like, but be ready for a whole lot of headaches.

well the good thing about working where I do is that I can take it back whenever I like

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The DWL-G122 has been confirmed by Team XLink as being incompatible with the PSP. Trust us, stick with the standard 122.

right, i'll be trying to find me one of those then

***EDIT***

just found some on broadbandbuyer.co.uk and ordered one