Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anger management

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Rouni Kenshin#1
    at times the wepons can make the difference!!!
    I know, I know. :) But I like the racing part more than the shooting, so that's why at some point I don't care about weapons, even though I leave them turned on. And it's not just using weapon after weapon to stay alive, Drakkenmensch. Some of them I use whenever I get them - some I don't like anyway. ;)

eLhabib: Zone might not be as perfetct as Piranha XL, but it still got the best overall performance, I think. Its "not accelerating as fast as others" is made up by the fact that it takes less time to turn the damn craft into the corner in the first place. Or at least in some of the closer turns. I found this more convenient than slower top speeds.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well once your own turning skill reach a certain level, it doesn't matter anymore what turning ability the ship has. I found that on most tracks, the top speed isn't THAT important either, that's why I stick with Assegai (and for design reasons) - it has THE.BEST. acceleration out of sharp turns, and on most of the tracks that's the most important thing. Of course my assegai won't stand a chance against a zone or piranha on vineta or staten.

Timezone
    GMT -6

the acceleration is everthying, though i like good handling, speed just is not that important.

the zone just falls apart too easy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Thing is, I have chosen craft for the simple reason of being the fastest out of the bunch from whatever game I played for years. Wipeout always boiled down to being the most challenging of the fast racers for me, so that's why I chose Zone. The only reason I never changed to XL Piranha after I unlocked it is that it feels too different from the rest of the game.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -6

thats because you spent your time on the zone.

it's almost perfect stats give it a fealling that is totally different frome the others.

I've found that Free Play is definitely the most effective training mode in the game. You can do it as long as you want without interruptions, and plus each lap counts exactly the same as a Time Trial lap, which can be useful for when you actually do the Time Trial in that you have a good ghost to race against. In fact, after 97 laps last night I beat the lap record for Blue Ridge and I will submit the ghost to the Ghost Challenge site very shortly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Rouni Kenshin#1
    thats because you spent your time on the zone.
    Not as much as you might think. I tried every ship except Medieval before I decided to stick with Zone.

it's almost perfect stats give it a fealling that is totally different frome the others.
    I wouldn't say so. Piranha is different, while Zone is just slightly better than the rest (in theory). Its stats my be perfect, but they are nothing compared to what perfect stats did in XL.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -6

You tred them out before you stuck with zone. :

you must stick with a ship before you understan it' strong points and why it is good.

not just the zone but most ship feel different and fly different.

just focusing on one will make the others, which you dident really race enught to figure out , seem slow or unresponsive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well... of course you got a point; The longer you fly a ship the better you do understand its every detail. But I have also played every Wipeout game so far and rest assured, I did a good amount of laps on every Pure craft, so I do believe me holding the flag up for Zone isn't a more premature choice than you flying another ship. :) Eventually you do have to make a decision, though

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yesterday: Tried Sol2 on Phantom over and over, could barely do better than silver - if I got that much.

Today: After spending 50 laps on Freeplay, I tried single race again and won gold on the FIRST TRY.

Anyone else still thinking that freeplay is a waste of time?

EDIT: 50 laps in freeplay for Phantom class Sebenco Climb - Gold medal on the first try in single race, DESPITE the autopilot running me CLEAR OFF THE TRACK on TWO occasions!

Glad to be of help. :wink:

It looks like I've really started something here! Check the last few posts of Gamma Tracks TTs.