Thread: D3D9Wrapper for Texture mods...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Wait, does this revive the custom skin ability from PulsE? Or are you overwriting the main textures from the game?

Also, those AG-SYS shots are from PurE, if I'm not mistaken, and this is being made on the PulsE forums. Just slightly confusing.

But this looks promising...

Timezone
    GMT -3

*Bump*
    Yes this AG-SYS is from Pure, and Yes it does overwrite the textures using a D3D9 Hook on the emulator. I wanted to see what would come out from this, but no one took interest in making a a WipEout Pulse/Pure HD or making skins...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Making skins would be something I'd be interested in...

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Me too! I want the functionality we lost when the wipeout-game.com site went down.

What we really need is the ability to ADD skins, just like the old method had. I want to keep the main skins for the game as they are.

Timezone
    GMT -3

*Bump* You can keep the main skins normally. Just don't use the texmod hack.
    A little information for you guys: If you're interested, Texmod works with PPSSPP. When you extract a texture, you'll se it is in the wrong color scheme, that's because it's in BGR, intestead of RGB. To fix this, you can use "Infranview" to change the color mode(IDK if photoshop has it) and then you can edit the texture in Photoshop. once done, go to infranview once again and change it back to BGR.

My intention of doing this is to have an WipEout Pure/Pulse "HD" but I don't have the skill, nor the time to do it. If we could contact the guy from "Aliens Papercraft"... He re-worked on the textures of the pure models for the papercraft. I just wish someone would take part on doing that...I've been seeing people doing Slipstream GX and Ballistic NG, but it seems no one is interested in giving new life to an old game, being it possible today...

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeku View Post
    *Bump* You can keep the main skins normally. Just don't use the texmod hack.
    A little information for you guys: If you're interested, Texmod works with PPSSPP. When you extract a texture, you'll se it is in the wrong color scheme, that's because it's in BGR, intestead of RGB. To fix this, you can use "Infranview" to change the color mode(IDK if photoshop has it) and then you can edit the texture in Photoshop. once done, go to infranview once again and change it back to BGR.

My intention of doing this is to have an WipEout Pure/Pulse "HD" but I don't have the skill, nor the time to do it. If we could contact the guy from "Aliens Papercraft"... He re-worked on the textures of the pure models for the papercraft. I just wish someone would take part on doing that...I've been seeing people doing Slipstream GX and Ballistic NG, but it seems no one is interested in giving new life to an old game, being it possible today...
    Have you extracted the ship textures that I can use to create templates?

Timezone
    GMT -3

2lazy2dothisstuff.
    I'd have to load, and reload the tracks multiple times, to see which ship textures would appear in game(and in texmod).
    If you want to do the templates yourself, you can use the version "ppsspp-v1.0.1-806-g1c61470-windows(-amd64 or x86) with DirectX 9 render to run the game.

Another hint, when the ships are distant, the game has a low resolution texture for it, so don't get mistaken.
    Also, for the sake of being acurate, I believe tha most people which uses PPSSPP, uses the texture scaling in 4x(that's the max of the version I provided, for some reason it doesn't have 5x, but whatever); Texmod will treat each texture scaling like one new texture, of preference, use the highest graphical setting possible. Here's mine:
    Performance:
    Mipmapping - On(That I don't know if it's really necessary to do, but I left it on anyways

Texture Scaling:
    Scale Level - 4x
    Type of Scale - Hybrid
    Desposterize - Checked

Texture Filtering:
    Anisotropic Filter - 16x
    Texture filter - Auto
    Screen Scaling Filter - Linear