Thread: Needs advice please

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Needs advice please

As you aware, my old PS3 is on ICU

Now, I am planning to buy 12gb PS3 shortly but, is it straight forward from fat to slim HDD with a mounting basket? Which I will buy Hard Disc Drive mounting basket today but will it work?

Thank you

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

99% it will work bud! i think you can get the hdd from the fat one and directly put it in the slim one.....

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Cheers bud! *away to buy a mounting basket!

stevie

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You probably know this by now, but it won't retain any of the data - the new PS3 will insist on formatting it, as the data on the drive will be locked to the old PS3.

AFAIK the only way you can retain the data is by doing a system transfer, which not only takes a long time but is prone to failing. I know because I sat through three of them only to have them fail on the final step and just decided to re-download everything instead.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Cheers foxy, funnily enough I was kinda expected that but all I am interested is my pictures which I stored it. So....yeah, I will transfer that way.

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I made a full backup of my PS3 (turns into a bunch of big sized data files) which i was able to restore just fine, messages, savedata, everything restored fine, it's the full harddrive backup thing if i recall correctly, the one that takes the most time lol

It is account dependant though, so if you have multiple accounts, you have to do them 1 by 1

Cipher