Thread: Missing Beta league

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Missing Beta league

First and foremost.... Hello to everyone!

Have lurked on this forum for a little while now. For my own background I should mention that I have owned and played every Wipeout game going back to 1995. The first wipeout was the first 3D game I ever owned on my sega saturn and it, and its sequel, took over my young life for some months. I bought a playstation entirely to get ahold of W3SE and an N64 just to get Wipeout64. Fusion was a let down to me as for many but I still played it a helluva lot. Sharing a roommate's PS3 we completed (almost entirely, didn't quite get all the trophies!) HD & Fury, and so now I have backtracked a little and purchased a PSP to get ahold of Pure and Pulse for myself for the first time (although I actually had Pulse on my PS2).

Here's my actual question!

I got the expansion packs for Pure from the FAQ thread on this board, and loaded them per instructions. But now I cannot seem to play Venom Beta league single races or time trials. The league listing simply reads alpha, classic, gamma etc and skips Beta. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this might be the case? Thanks for your time fellows.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You have to unlock it Same goes for Delta, Classic 2 and Omega. The latter is only available for the european version, though.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Thanks! But those other classes are available, I just skipped them in my description leaving an "etc" in their wake. I have completed all of the vector tasks for alpha and beta and the tournaments (as well as venom alpha single races). Can you tell me what specifically I need to do to unlock beta so I can tell if it is a bug or not?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

If I remember correctly you have to win Alpha tournament on Venom class to unlock Beta Venom class. Winning Beta tournament unlocks Ascension, and winning Ascension unlocks next speed class. I think...

Timezone
    GMT -5

thanks for the info! will make sure I have that done tonight. Cheers guys

EDIT: yes it worked! Thanks, I was thrown because all the other leagues are indeed already present without needing to be unlocked.
    Last edited by JQM2012; 8th August 2012 at 12:39 PM.