Thread: Worth looking for this?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

Default Worth looking for this?

Hey there, gentlemen (and ladies), I'm wondering if I should try to find a copy of Fusion. It's the only Wipeout game which I don't own, and despite the negatives I've heard about it (generic upgrades, ship design, etc.), I'm intrigued.

Is this worth pursuing, or should I just let well enough alone?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

What’s to lose? You’ll find it for less than ten bucks and either you enjoy (at least a bit) of it or your collection is finally complete. Go for it.

And if you’re still not sure, search the forum for the „ten things I like about WipEout Fusion“ thread. It even has and evil brother, if you’re really looking for reasons not to get it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

After watching some videos and reading the recommended threads (great reads, thanks ), I'd say all of my fears are relieved but those concerning the physics. I've heard comparisons to F-Zero, and that's certainly not what I'm going for. I understand that every Wipeout following 3 had physics differing from the original trio, but are Fusion's really that bad?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Imagine if the entire track was magnetic, that sums up the handling of Fusion. It is a departure from the previous wipeouts to say the least.

That said, if it was released under any other name, it would probably have been a good game in its own right.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    gmrtom7

Yeesh. That sounds less than appealing. Well, it's cheap now, so I suppose it's worth grabbing for the sheer sake of having it in my collection. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Atc598

Quote Originally Posted by gmrtom7 View Post
    Hey there, gentlemen (and ladies), I'm wondering if I should try to find a copy of Fusion. It's the only Wipeout game which I don't own, and despite the negatives I've heard about it (generic upgrades, ship design, etc.), I'm intrigued.

Is this worth pursuing, or should I just let well enough alone?
    Well I'm getting a copy off of amazon but I don't know if it'll play on my ps3 what do you think

PSN ID
    shellshaka

All in all is not that bad at all, the circuits are huge and are very fitting for massive battles and a large number of eliminations. Only the physics are lacking, but not THAT awful aswell. All in all a worthy game to buy, especially considering the price

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5

My thoughts are: It's Wipeout - get it.

I've only had it for a few weeks now but can already see what people mean about the floaty feel, etc. You DO notice the difference but, meh, it's not TOO bad. I mainly notice it when going over a series of short bumps - your craft just sticks to the track and doesn't do the float bounce thing like in the other Wipeouts. Also, you don't slide out as much around corners and when coming down from a big jump your craft just hits and sticks to the track. It looks kinda stupid actually.

All in all, the game is still fun. The tracks are great and the graphics are nice too. Get it cheap and give it a go.