Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WipEout 2097/XL Soundtrack: best WipEout soundtrack ever?

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

I hunted down the WipEout 2097 soundtrack too!
    Prodigy are fantastic and the Firestarter "Instrumental" Ties with X-Project as my favourite WipEout Anthem!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

I actually copied it from the PC version, back when I still had it. Tim Wright's a genius.

Speaking of him, is anybody here familiar with his Amiga work? He did some great stuff on that platform.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Red Bull: Improve Reaction Time

-Dust Up Beats
    This Chemical Brothers track has such a cool buildup a little past halfway through it, the part with just the beat & the bassline playing- Sick. It's the only song suitable for Piranha drives through Gare D'Europa. Gives me goosebumps.

-Landmass
    It's a good song.

-WHE: Herd Killing
    Specifically, the short mix/cut that plays during the game intro. It just sounds badass.

Favorite music from any WipEout game?

That would be "Icaras" by Sasha, WipEout 3. That's actually one of my favorite songs ever.
    Last edited by Lensy Lohan; 6th August 2010 at 06:47 PM.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

So, I get home from Trade a Game and pop the disc into my PS2. I wait a short while for everything to load. Then, to my amazement and pure delight, Prodigy's Firestarter begins to play at the title screen. I knew, right then, that this was going to be my kind of game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

WipEout XL got second place on X-Play's top 5 game soundtracks of all time.
    . I just thought that was significant considering the age of the game and the countless number of games those guys go through. It made me feel all fuzzy inside .

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

Was 2097/XL the one with Atom Bomb by Fluke? I saw the music video for that.I was quite curious about the "WipEout"-esque cartoon/animation.In fact,it looked like it was from F3600(WipEout):The anime!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    dexito_2097

Yes it was. and it was awesome: Atom Bomb ( with no lyrics )

this song was later remixed and featured on the movie soundtrack inspired from another famous videogame... Tomb Raider.

But my favorite track from WOXL is not Atom Bomb...

It's Underworld - TIN THERE
    It really makes me feel the speed when I'm racing on WO
    I've even tried it while driving and actual car... ( it can be dangerous... hehehe )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

"Body in Motion" is my favorite, although "Surgeon", "Tenation", and "Canada" come close.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

Landmass is the ultimate and best WipEout related song ever, hands down. The atmosphere this song projects is what WipEout is all about. The aerial piano overture, the uplifting beat and bassline steadily pushing in a rush of speed on the tracks; after all those years, im still blown away by this track whenever i play XL. Timeless epic!

This is a true and eternal master piece just like FSOL knows how to do it!

i trashed 2 mb quart speakers while playing wipeout , they couldn't handle "we have explosive" , that was my fav song that time and when i saw the trailer with that song i said " coin ups u are so DEAD ! "

i remember when i was asking for my friends to to play they were sayin nahh better sitting back and enjoy , it was the combination of direct cd playback along with the ease of "sony" to gather some reputable artists that brought to gamers a new lvl of gaming , a lvl that to my ears/eyes havent even got close by something else ( 3d tech now may have a chance in near future ), i remember when i was wondering " if i have that system capable of those things now ( 95-97 ) what will i have in 10 years? well ... my friend i have ps3 just for blue ray , only game i purchased is gta , i play mostly on pc,
    14 years after i thank god , ps3 has psx emulator and i have A COPY OF WO 2097 !!! ( only bad thing is that im 30+ years old now and i care for police NOT knocking my door for warnings )

my 1st wo2097 copy was into my audio cd collection long before ps2 launch , 2097 along with loaded are two very good "car" cd's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMzCpy0fXc&ob=av2nm
    Last edited by bonjoF3600; 20th January 2011 at 10:03 PM.