Thread: Need a bit of help ploise

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Nite_Rider_643

Default Need a bit of help ploise

I recently unlocked Zone mode in Fusion, but it only had 1 track unlocked (the first one). I made the assumption that you had to beat the Zone score on that level to unlock the next one, which is what I did, but it did not unlock the next level.

To quote the infamous former Australian politician Pauline Hanson (trust me, the less you know about her the better lol) "Please Explain".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

To unlock the next track you have to survive 30 zones; the score doesn't matter.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Nite_Rider_643

what, get up to zone level 30? my average is 25-26...
    Last edited by Lance; 17th March 2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: REEDUNDANT QUOTATION REMOVED. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Kiwi Stig, I thought the same thing until I looked up how the system worked. It can be quite hard -- I just barely got to Zone 30 on Florion Heights, and the next one, Mandrashee, is tougher; my limit is Zone 26 or 27 despite ramping the score multiplier to 99x consistently.

If you're at 25-26 already, you should be able to make it to 30 with a little luck and a little more improvement.

Now somebody tell me how the heck you're supposed to make sharp turns without losing any energy and without losing speed! In a real race, I can slow down to take a 180° corner, but in Zone you can't slow down! Is there some secret method of making really sharp turns?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Nite_Rider_643

Umm, good question...That's my biggest problem, the way I corner, which might explain why I have some difficulty with Zone. The tight narrow corners of Katmoda 12 (the hairpins particularly) are the main ones I have trouble with...

BTW, where do I go to see how it (the system) works?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Zone mode in Fusion is what made me hate the concept in the first place. I like Fusion compared to most other people, don't get me wrong, but Zone is such a pain in the *ss that I just can't be bothered with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Kiwi Stig, I looked at the guides on gamefaqs.com; all the Wipeout games have decent write-ups.

I have the same problem on Katmoda --

I played F-Zero GX extensively before rediscovering Wipeout, and that game had several increasingly effective ways to make 180-degree turns. You could make a regular turn (control-stick into the turn), turn-plus-leaning-ship (control stick plus into-the-turn shoulder button) -- those are basic and are in many driving games -- and then the next one was to hold down both L+R shoulders while turning, and the most effective of all was to hold down the opposite shoulder button before quickly switching to the "inner"-side shoulder button and sharply putting the control stick in the direction of the turn).

I've been experimenting with various ways of timing the turn buttons and am not coming up with anything good. I tried drift turning using the opposite shoulder button, and that didn't seem to work either. For now I'm stuck conceding some shield energy any time I have to make a sharp turn and not lose speed.

Rialto, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    someguy63-

Default Fusion's Zone SUCKS

The idea of Zone was awesome, but as I said before, poorly executed unlike HD.

Fusion:
    1. 35 shield points
    2. No recovery
    3. No track choice and all but two the the courses are tolerated
    4. Very little control.
    5. Only one medal??? For suriving 5 minutes???
    6. Extremely low replay value as a result

HD:
    1. 100 shield points
    2. Perfect zones= Shield recovery
    3. Track selection
    4. Team selection for buncha loyality points
    5. Easier control
    6. 3 medals for each for the 3 difficulties
    7. Lack of environmental texture
    8. Trophies
    9. High replay value

That doesn't really help Kiwi_Stig. Note also that the post just ahead of your own is more than nine months old.