Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still need a copy of Wip3out SE

doesn't it always?
    but that just shows that it's a lively conversation by multi-dimensional people. and you got it started. thank you for doing so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Indeed. I always thought the prosaic, or poetic for that matter, aspects of Wipeout to receive far too little attention! ;-)

Ben

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Hmmm there’s only one thing I don't like about WO 3 SE, Sagarmatha, why did they have to make it so bright!!! is it supposed to be frozen or something?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well, at least there seemsto be a hell of a lot of white (!) snow there. ;))
    Why yea, I always took Sagarmatha for the somewhat typical winter kinda track. Dunno why. I wish my manual were somewhere near...

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yes, friends, Sagarmatha is an ice track in Nepal. Sagarmatha is also the name of the world's highest mountain (also known as Chomolungma or Mount Everest.)

While searching for the track description, I came across Radio Sagarmatha!. Ain't it cool?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Wow, I certainly never heard that before. Do you know what language "Sagarmatha" is?

I bet the designers deliberately chose the name because they knew for sure hardly anybody would ever figure out it's just "Mount Everest". ;)

Ben

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'd put good money on it - when I first moved to Liverpool there was a restaurant along the road called Valparaiso! Total double take when I seen it the first time, although I figured it was just too fan-boy-ish to eat there for the sake of it.

Nick B came on at some point and told us how they came up with some of the names, like Terramax meaning "earthy" as in terra firma.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Oh no, I see a huge crack in the walls of illusion around my favourite video game universe? ;)

PSN ID
    infoxicated

funny... I seen a Chilean restaurant! :