Thread: video of Wipeout XL on Saturn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

you bounce off the walls, so less slowdown, framerate is worse though, so do not play the psx version first, or you will not like it.

Too late for that; I've already played WO1 on PSX. My favourite track is Karbonis V.

Bouncing off the walls would be a lot better than sticking to them. Thanks for the info, Al.

Lance, I meant that do not play it right before playing the saturn version

I seeee. Give myself some time to forget. Got it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Good lord, truer words have never been spoken. Truth be told, I like the framerate on the Saturn version more, but if you just did a stint on the PSX, it genuinely takes time to adjust lol

It's more than just fixed wall collisions, they changed the physics engine in general so the game feels a little more fluid. It's hard to explain, but once you play them it's like night and day; you'll never wanna play the PSX version again

side-note, get an s-video cable for the Saturn if you can't do RGB.. composite looks like garbage

I can do RGB and S-video [and HDMI and composite and DVI (or whatever it's called), but I suspect the Saturn doesn't have quite all of those. ].

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I don't mean RGB in the sense of "component" cables, aka YCbCr. I believe the Saturn outputs true 15/31khz RGB signal; the genesis/MD and even the Master System did a regular 15khz RGB output too.

But it's hard to find the video equipment to handle that signal anymore. s-video suffices

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

Ok, I know we've already beaten the poor Saturn horse to death in this topic,

BUT . . . . .

I can't let anyone say the word "Saturn" without informing everyone around me that I am the proud owner of a one Panzer Dragoon Saga. A friendly reminder: it is the best game ever.

Thank you.