Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

haha, wotan ghosts, classic

i've found that even if your ghost is a bit ****ed it usually rights itself after a couple of laps and if it's a time trial session then just restart and it should be fine.

that's just what i've heard though, never had any ghost problems

oops, double post, feel free to delete

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

ghost problems ****. How many of you's seen my ship online as a ghost? Just curious?

many many many times kigo. pretty much every time i've raced you.

to be perfectly honest, if there's going to be shed loads of lag-ramming for whatever reason (distance, shite connections etc...), i have NO problem with ships being ghosted (so long as it's consistent) during a race. makes things much more bearable. lag-ramming is probably the reason i've gone through several controllers during my time

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

hey whats the deal with the global ranking? do your time trial/speed lap/zone times/scores have nothing to do with your overall rank and it all depends on how quickly you made it to legend?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

yepp the online ranking system is pretty useless, but if you check out connavars superb leaderboard on the top of the WO-HD section of theforum you will get a much more accurate picture of acctual skill.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

lucky seanywauny. top o' the boards ma!
    thanks, i'll do that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's torturously slow advancing past level 40,incremental progression is a lot less ,I'm not entirely sure what protocols are in place that decides this,seems to vary on the size of field,place finished at,ranking of opposing racers,time difference between 1st place, if it's a full moon or a Tuesday....who knows.

That's apart from what speed class you are racing at

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

I'm curious about something:

Regarding BR in Moa Therma, i normally manage to do that consistantly on the last turn (I suppose thats the most common location). But i'm curious how many ppl manage to pull off a double BR consistantly there. Essentially after the 1st BR you land on the edge of the track (so it counts as landing) and then boost onto the main track allowing you to chain the 2nd BR. I just cant do it consistanly. This is rapier btw.

Same thing on Ubermall Rev. in phantom, i can manage 3 BR's on the bridge but not consistantly. 1st one as i bear right before the uphill, 2nd at the top of the hill, and 3rd after i scrape the top of the hill and i'm my way down (turning to the right hand side of the split.)

Thanks guys!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Moa, I can't do the double BR consistently, the ship needs to bounce
    sufficiently high and I need to input the commands quickly enough, but when it
    works it looks great

Uber Rev is easier: just make sure to actually land on top of the hill then you
    can do the 3 BR, you might have to pitch your ship down, otherwise it could
    jump over the hill.

the 2nd BR on moa is made easier if you land on the speedpad i find...
    just a though

conna, what was that double BR you mentioned on sol2 rev? i think you said something about it in the vids thread in response to pacman's vid of sol fwd

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

thanks for the feedback guys..guess its back to working on my lines to be consistent with this. But i do agree uber rev. is easier to do than the moa therma i mentioned.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Default Online ranking is relative to 1st place?

Yesterday, when I scrolled the records in HD I was somehow astonished that one of the formerly top three pilots (z1r0e1, or so) in the onlineranking section did decrease from Level 50 w/ 100% to 50 w/ 99.xx%. OK, there were some changes in the 50/100% ranking positions over time (JJohn was the first who did it), but I did not notice that one player lose percantage. So what does this imply? If you get 50/100% and you will never ever play again, will you decrease in rank and percentage over time compared to the overall leader? Any other explanation?

As I do not actively hunt for online rank I ask myself: will I ever, EVER, make it to 50/100 with the overall leader extending the gap?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

You lose ranking points if you quit an online race. Maybe that's what he did?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Even if he quit a race,why would your rankings go down once you reached a 100% of level 50?
    This makes me think that this is more of a "Online time on/win ratio"more than anything else.

Crikey I see SINUS1 is up there as well,he has gotten a LOT better in recent weeks,I remember asking him to join races at Phantom speed and he wouldn't unless assist was on.
    How things change over a few weeks.
    Good one SINUS1

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Question about Anulpha Pass ::

@ the jump to the platform thingy, some of you seem to get under the track and then flip back on it. How do you do that? (or is it some sort of HD bug)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I think it's called LAG...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was wondering.
    You lose ranking points for leaving a race,fair enough.

What happens if you join a race,but that race starts before your craft appears,so your not actually racing and you are left sitting in the lobby with your name up there with the others that are racing,then you think I can't be bothered waiting for this race to finish,I'll leave and look for another race.

Do you still lose ranking points?

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

No, I don't think so.

Esp. for me that never happened or will happen, as my PS3 crashes/freezes when this join-too-late event occurs

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I found that if it takes an abnormally long time to load a race it's a sign that the game will crash and the console freeze up.

I have a cut off point,where I won't wait past a certain amount of time,I just quit the game then start it back up again,then the console won't freeze up.