Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reverse quake

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

You need to find some good spots in a tracks (some heavy curves) which will get you back fast into the racing line.
    e.g.: the one on moa therma blk, on the beginning

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Haxorger

Default wow happens to be aswell

ye no trick to that. its just someone being a jerk to rub in the fact that ur in last. infaxsu does it to me all da time lol. i beat him once. maybe that will teach him to stop hittin me with his quakes. btw WELCOME

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Reverse quakes are fun when done between friends, but I wouldn't go ahead and do one against a poor guy I don't know who's lagging behind me. It will just discourage him from playing the game.

Anyways, each has his or her opinion, right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

infaxsu's heavy backquaking lead me to the mass improvement of my skills, because I was pushing it just to compete against the one that was backquaking me and to show 'em it's not "fun" anymore.
    Yes, darkdrium
    Btw.: I backquake some guys when they're 5+ secs behind (XD) or more, sure. But it happens rarely nowadays.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Reverse quakes are fun when done between friends, but I wouldn't go ahead and do one against a poor guy I don't know who's lagging behind me. It will just discourage him from playing the game.

Anyways, each has his or her opinion, right?
    Yes. You gotta show respect to the newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by archman View Post
    infaxsu's heavy backquaking lead me to the mass improvement of my skills, because I was pushing it just to compete against the one that was backquaking me and to show 'em it's not "fun" anymore.
    Yes, darkdrium
    Btw.: I backquake some guys when they're 5+ secs behind (XD) or more, sure. But it happens rarely nowadays.
    Infaxsu's heavy backwards quaking is leading to mass evacuations on the Pulse servers. Infaxsu get onto HD, all your old Pulse friends are waiting there

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I don't play Pulse online much as it is empty normally and i am not very good, but i played Infaxsu the other day and he hit me with a backwards quake. That is just taking the piss really, i was already 10 seconds behind him. What was the point. He plays like he posts.

Beat him on Moa Therma though, he wasn't expecting that.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Xbox Live Gamertag: INFAXSU

Talking

If not for the Backquake which is exclusive to Pulse, I'd be riding my ATV on PURE (Xbox 360) full time. I love experimenting with backquakes, particularly 180s in mid-air off the drop at Amphiseum White! (3 second lead works best), and 360 backquakes off the drop @ Tech De Ra White.

- INFAX

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Haxorger

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by INFAXSU View Post
    If not for the Backquake which is exclusive to Pulse, I'd be riding my ATV on PURE (Xbox 360) full time. I love experimenting with backquakes, particularly 180s in mid-air off the drop at Amphiseum White! (3 second lead works best), and 360 backquakes off the drop @ Tech De Ra White.

- INFAX
    i have to admit, infax helped me improve alot from his annoying reverse quakes. it kind of gives you that extra motivation to wanna get infront of the racers. thanks infax!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Exclamation

For all the newer members - from the History of wipEout Archives comes the First Ever documented BQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9oz...e=channel_page

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Indeed zargz, great fun watching this video again

Definitely, and I have always been impressed by the nonchalance of that reverse-plasma. It looks so easy and the timing is incredible. The original is the best

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

which reminds me: even though the good old BQ is gone from HD, backward plasma is still possible

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

angryhabib is still angry.

Yikes...... I had wrongly assumed because backquakes were gone that all reverse firing would be gone in HD..... these are worrying developments

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Even so, the fact that a plasma isn't a definite kill anymore makes this maneuver a bit too risky for a serious race...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TheEchthroi

Well I suppose if you were in a race with more than like 3 people or so, then it might be more worth the shot. That's what causes the most damage--everyone else's fire obviously. So if you've got a pretty good lead, then I'd go for it.