Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Help Thread *All tricks and tips welcome*

Just managed to get the Zico tropy, so I can resume trying anything else

30.67 =D

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gavin_

The 50 online kills will be the hardest trophy for me. Most of the time I'm in front of the pack (I won't slow down, it's WipEout!) and item absorption is managed way better online than AI does.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I was thinking about the 50 online kills trophy. Seems like if you really want it, jumping into a race and intentionally going after people is the only way to make it happen.

At the same time, I don't really want to discourage new players of the game by intentionally hunting them down. Seems a bit of a dilemma.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't see what the trouble with this trophy is, it's not like you really have to concentrate to make it happen - I just continue playing normally, and the trophy will come eventually. At the current rate I get about 2-3 eliminations a day, so it won't be too long. Easy going, really.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gavin_

I have only made one kill since the release (and i'm actually not sure about that either). So it will take me a year or so to reach 50.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I got 100,000 loyalty points for one craft,and,it did not open up all the other skins for the other craft as has been reported in other threads.

So here's a tip on how to get the Livery Liberation Trophy which requires all skins for all craft to be opened,you can do this while doing something else, and it saves you countless hours of playing with craft that are not ones you would normally use.

1]Select Racebox
    2]Select Speed Lap
    3]Select Phantom Speed
    4]Select Vineta K as your track
    5]Select Pilot Assist ON
    6]Select which craft you need the loyalty points for.

Start the race and tape down the X button,the craft will fly around the track by itself,it usually takes around 44-45 minutes for it to do the 99 laps and you have to let it finish the whole 99,otherwise you don't get the around 3000 points each time you do this.

You would probably have to do this at least twice for each craft to have sufficient points to open up both of the available the skins that can be acquired solely with Loyalty points,the last skin for all craft [the chrome one]is only gotten by getting at least one medal in all cells of all grids.

Then the Livery Liberation Trophy is yours.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th October 2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: gramatical error

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

This is not how we do things.

I've been working on the livery liberation trophy for the last few days (means actually racing with each ship, online), and while I initially felt it was a chore to have to race with every ship for about 30 races, with time I really appreciated this trophy for what it is. It really makes you get familiar with every ship, learn the subtle differences in handling, the advantages and disadvantages of each craft. I highly recommend you do this trophy the way it was meant - not because I consider your way cheating (which I do, btw), but because you might learn a lot about the game this way, and might even have a new favorite ship when you're through.

Speaking of: why isn't Harimau unlocked right from the beginning? It's really THE surpreme ship when it comes to handling, hence very beginner-friendly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

An other way to get loyalty points with the ships you don't generally use, is to select those ships for the zone contests. Zone ships have all the same handling.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

While I see, and actually agree with you, about it being better to get this trophy the way it was intended.

This is the 8th WO game I've played,so craft familiarity is not something I'm left wanting in.

I have,already,tried all the different craft in HD and have not found them differing in handling by any great amount from the last 3 WO's...with maybe the possible exception of Qirex.

The Livery Liberation Tip....or Easy Loyalty points tip,whichever way you want to call it,has only been shared for those who find that it's a chore to unlock those skins.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Your post shows clearly that you haven't really tested out the different crafts yet. I've played nearly all the previous wipEouts, and still I learned lots of new character traits about each ship in HD. I can only recommend it.

And don't get me wrong, if you wanna get the trophy by taping down X and using PA for 99 laps (which actually takes longer, in play time), I'm absolutely fine with you doing that - I just wanted to point out it might be well worth taking the time doing it for real

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I'm with el on this one. Racing the ships themselves is really a great idea. I never would have tried out Mirage if it wasn't for this trophy, but it quickly became my favorite ship because of it!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well my whole way of looking at the WO trophies in general is to get the niggly little ones that are of no real consequence [requiring skill] out of the way.

The main goal is to get the Transcendence Trophy,meaning ,as you know getting all of the trophies in the game.

Presumably for future added content,I counted the amount of vacant cells spread over the 8 grids,there are 129 of them.

If when added content [tracks/craft] becomes available I can see this raising the difficulty of achieving the Transcendence trophy quite a bit,so you would want to get this niggly little one out of the way ASAP.
    That leaves you to concentrate on getting both the Campaign Legend and Elite Campaign Legend,and ultimately the Transcendence before the goal posts have been moved,so to speak.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I am also going to have to agree with El and Rubix on this one. Using all of the ships has opened my eyes to seeing that my favorites were not what i was expecting them to be. I've found new love for EG-X that was absent in pulse. The same could be said for a lot of members here I'm sure. To each their own sure, but in my eyes I can now better judge which ship I should use for which course and can give reasons why.

BTW, thanks to Rubix for bearing with me on that Endurance trophy.

Edit: I'm not certain, but I think the trophies are kind of set in stone. If a new trophy is added I think said trophie(s) will be inconsequential to getting the Trancendence trophy.
    Last edited by Avenger2197; 6th October 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Welcome, too bad everyone else in the game dropped by the 8th race. Seems like people don't want to get beat by 10+seconds every race for some reason.

Back on topic.

Gotta say that the Elite gold medals are proving to be a big time challenge. And I agree with many who say that it is pretty luck based. Sometimes I start and get hit by 3 weapons in 3 turns, other times I go the whole race without anything being fired at me.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default Zone Zeus

Hi guys,

I'm having some serious trouble with the zone zeus trophy. I got the airbreaker trophy real easy but now im stuck on this one. i seem to do fine up until zone 50ish and then just lose it almost immediately. What's worse is that despite a whole evening of practice I haven't really made the slightest bit of progress, i'm really stuck.

The people who've completed this trophy:
    *did you use dpad or analogue stick?
    *motion for pitch perhaps?
    *R1 & L1 or R2 & L2 for airbreaks?
    *What sensitivity did you have the airb's set to?
    *Internal, close or far view?
    *assuming you're racing anulpha (fair assumption!), do you always try to take the shortcut bridge?

And yes, I've got the music off

Thankyou all for help, very kind of you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Same here, I'm cruising above 90% up to zone 60, but then it all goes wrong. I get really stressed once I have the first couple of hard hits, and when the shield drops below 40, I just mess up frightened!

PSN ID
    CarlosX360

How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Default Zone Zeus

@TRk_rkd and El

It's all about the practice. 3 days ago I couldn't keep control at subsonic. Now I consistently get through subsonic with multiple perfect laps up through zen.

I think the hardest part is that it takes so long to get to subsonic/mach1, etc so we rarely get a chance to practice it and get better.

I definitely use analog for zone as a slight movement has huge results at high speeds. I also take the skill cut as often as possible, way easier to get perfect on there.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I used the d-pad, had airbrakes set to L1/R1 at 100% sensitivity, and took the shortcut only as far as Zone 50. Too risky after that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    How long does it take for your trophies to propagate into the PSN system?

Do I have to save the game? If so, where?

I got some trophies, but its not showing in my profile!
    I had the same happen to me.
    The way to sort that is to exit the game and then start it up again,then your trophies will be in your profile.