Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
This is RIDICULOUS. I'm glad I got the Beat Zico Trophy now, and I am proud to have achieved this with only 2 (TWO) barrel rolls. Same line as I described in an earlier post, just perfected it (sideshift over the diagonal 3 speed pads, instead of turning, sideshifting into the apex of turns, finding exactly the right moment to turbo boost off the ramp, etc.)

This trophy has lost it's appeal completely to me, due to the fact that you can achieve it with a **** racing line, as long as you do 4 BRs.

Rob, I surrender. You were right all the way. BRs are destroying the game (in parts). Guess I will only be competitive in the long run on tracks that don't allow stupid BR exploits, since I still can't consistently pull them off...
I must say I unfortunately agree. I was having a lot of fun today doing speedlaps on Moa Therma (Phantom), which I thought was one of the only tracks without BR's. I kept perfecting my racing line and beating my own records, and then I discovered the BR at the end of the track (and got a trophy for it! ). Fun was immediately gone.

That said, I haven't beaten the Zico challenge yet. I got a lap time of about 31.70 using two BR's (the only pretty obvious ones). I might try turboing in the section after the first turn (where the 3 speedpads are) to get 3 and beat the time like that, soon, though.