Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
I find the options for PSVR users frustratingly unclear - I still don't know what some of them do. But I turned on anything that looked like it might be more inclined to cause motion sickness or increase a sense of speed. It still didn't make me motion sick (I just played for 2 straight hours) and either it feels faster now or I have made the necessary mental adjustments.
So I have spent some time messing with this...
Camera Settings
Lock Camera to Track - the camera is located inside the cockpit, but glides around comfortably. the cockpit visibly rotates around your view. probably the most comfortable for people who are sensitive to motion sickness, but I found the cockpit distracting and it didn't feel as immersive as the other options
Lock Camera to Cockpit - the camera moves a bit more here. it pitches and rolls with the cockpit, but I don't think the cockpit bounces as much in this mode? not sure what the balance is
Lock Camera to Pilot - the most like actually being there, but also the most likely to make you feel sick. I'm pretty sure that where Cockpit gives you rotations, Pilot gives you rotations and translations. I'm not very sensitive to VR motion sickness but I could only do one race before I had to go back to Cockpit view.

Headset Settings
Off - as much of a view as the game can give you
Small - like playing with horse blinkers on. Directs your view and probably helps some people with motion sickness
Large - like playing while looking through a toilet paper roll. I had turned this on in error before I realised what it was. Thought the solid walls thing was how it maintained framerate in multiplayer at first and left a couple of games early before I figured this out. Jabberjaw, this is what you encountered when you said "The view just changed. the top and sides of the cockpit are solid now, they used to be see through (glass I think). I could see way more when I first played"

Field of View Settings
On/Off - I am still unclear on what this does. My best guess right now is whether or not the game can temporarily increase your FOV to make it feel faster when you go over speed-boosts or use turbo. I can't quantify it well so that's just a guess. I have worked out that the game feels more correct with it on, but I can't give a definitive reason.