Thread: WipEout World Records?

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Question WipEout World Records?

So I searched. I did. And I cannot find anyone in the entirety of the internet who claims to have the Time Trial World Records for the original WipEout. I thought for sure I'd find it on this forum but I'm pretty sure it's not here. Does anyone know where I can find these records? If not Does anyone mind if I start a thread counting my records as the WRs untill proven otherwise? (I will [hopefully] be able to provide proof myself)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NEa6JLX6H5o

Check out my channel and subscribe if you like. All of the records used to be on this site, but they have not been put back up at this time. This channel should have video of most of the wipeout 1 records in TT and SR for Rapier ( pal and ntsc versions). I have a list of the records, and I believe perhaps a list of the top times. I haven't played for a bit, so
    I will look for it later today.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Sounds good. I was pretty certain my records were not the best, I just wanted to see how I compared but couldn't find any records. So I figured I may as well start recording if nobody ever had.

It was weird, I could find TT world records for WO64 and 3 but not 2097 or the original.

Btw. What would you say is the best way to get the fast start up? It's really hard for me to get... you have to be so precise.
    Last edited by AGgamer; 14th June 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Negcon controllers have a analog input so you can put it right on the money every time with practice. You should ask ag wolf for the dpad route as he really has it down with the timing.

We used to have records for all WipEout games on this very website. The records page was simple and efficient. It included all WipEout games and even had different tables for PAL and NTSC (when it was a thing). The website went down a few years ago, here’s how it looked like just before the storm:

http://web.archive.org/web/201202151...peoutzone.com/

Unfortunately you can’t browse through the records page from the Web Archive project. At best you can scratch a few ones that were archived randomly.

You can browse the older website archive but doesn’t include all WipEout versions and records are outdated:

http://web.archive.org/web/200607072...om/records.php

According the former webmaster, the records database is not lost. It could be back one day or another (don’t lose hope!):

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...p?8715-Records

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

So... the records? Does anyone know what they are? who achieved them? Is there any interest on creating a new data base here on WipEout ZonE? I'm looking for WipEout 1 time trials specifically. But if we don't even have the records for other versions then... that's kind of a big problem imo. A problem we should probably see to fixing if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by AGgamer View Post
    So... the records? Does anyone know what they are? who achieved them? Is there any interest on creating a new data base here on WipEout ZonE? I'm looking for WipEout 1 time trials specifically.
    AFAIK infoxicated (our former webmaster) still has a backup of the records somewhere. If we put records online again, I think we’d start with this database rather than creating one from scratch, otherwise we’d miss tons of valuable records.

As for how and when to put them online again, infoxicated wanted to bring back the old site but he doesn’t have much free time. Would he agree to share the backup with us, maybe someone could put the records online one way or another?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    dobyblue

I only just found out today that the records seem to have disappeared and this site no longer even seems to have a front page, when I go to just wipeoutzone.com I'm auto-directed to the forum.

Was a reallly cool part of the site, hope at some point it's re-instated.

Not sure if Infoxicated still checks, but if he sees this, maybe he can chime in with hopefully good news. I have been itching to start playing again, so it would be great to be able to enter some times