Thread: Reverse engineering of Wipeout 3 SE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are you sure that an executable would contain literal names of struct members ? (cool website btw )
    Yes, unless the executable is compressed in some form (data sections are unpacked in memory while running), but this is unlikely.
    Take the exe file you send me and open it in notepad or use string2 tool. You will find all methods names and all parameters you extracted using IDA.

So in some structures you should find names stuff like "nextsection" "radius" "junction", "x", "y", "z", i expect to find these but did not see anything like this (and also nothing that would looks like structure members)

What is in MacOSX version is probably to debug (step by step) or to produce a stack trace if i something goes wrong at runtime (so you can easily find what goes wrong)

I think they forget to do a strip (not enabled by default): http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_strip.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_table

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I will give it a try !

Unfortunately I don't have the Mac anymore so I can hardly test, maybe through these VM emulation hacks ?

While they forgot to strip things out they probably haven't forgot to set Release mode ... that would have been too good to be true!

What do you want to test using the Mac?

I have access to a recent IMac with OSX (not at home but close), so i can try some stuff as well if needed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

What you've said : debugging it with something like IDA.

If you want to give it a try, feel free ... I can also get hold of my old Mac but it's quite a pain to use : 800Mhz Ibook ...

Btw, didn't they drop the PPC emulation layer in today's macs ?