Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout hd (press kit)

multibodydynamics kindly provided the PKG files contained on the press kit. Unfortunately, and as could be expected, it's a no go...

Thanks anyways, was worth a try!

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    multibodydynamics kindly provided the PKG files contained on the press kit. Unfortunately, and as could be expected, it's a no go...

Thanks anyways, was worth a try!
    Can you send me the PKG files?

What do you have in mind?

I've compared them to the retail files and they're strictly the same

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Don't suppose anyone else is considering parting with their press kit?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'm sorry to disappoint *clings onto his press kit* d:

Is it for a collection you have, or for the data on it?

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

haha, that's okay Cipher. I think I have the data archived somewhere just for posterity sake, but after it just to ogle at

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Sorry for necroposting, but I'd also be looking to buy one of those, in case somebody wants to sell.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

There's one available on ebay since a couple days, but it's priced very unattractively, even more so for the condition it's in.
    Linky: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WipeOut-H...e/254164628069

Oh and it's in the US too, so be aware of import taxes, as they'd add a big chunk on top!
    Last edited by Cipher; 16th March 2019 at 12:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    There's one available on ebay since a couple days, but it's priced very unattractively, even more so for the condition it's in.

Oh and it's in the US too, so be aware of import taxes, as they'd add a big chunk on top!
    Yes, that price is very unattractive. What's the rough price these go for (I know this is highly subjective, but ballpark figure would be nice), and how often do these appear on eBay?

Also, this is not the version that includes the pre-epilepsy zone mode, right? Is it more or less identical to the initial PSN release?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Cool

The first one I bought was listed for 250£ but the seller was willing to negotiate and we settled on 180 + 20 shipping in the end. At the time (2015) that was 285€ (Shows what a show the brexit is..)
    I bought a second one in September 2017 for 240€ + 8.95 shipping (the first one was in mediocre shape, this one was pristine), I could've purchased it for less, but had quite a few back and forth messages with the guy who needed the money to resolve personal problems, friendly guy so offered him the 240 This was through a collectors forum.
    I've also had 2 people on this forum contact me through PMs offering to sell a Wipeout HD Press kit.
    1 of them said they'd be willing to part from it for 175£ (which was a good price), but I had already bought my first press kit and didn't want to spend that much money again, they ended up selling it to another forum member on here, unfortunately however, that same item then ended up on ebay for a more expensive price
    The other person I kindly responded not being interested as I already owned 2.

In December 2017 another one showed up on ebay that went for 153€ in an auction (Also in great shape)
    In march this year (2019) another one showed up, listed for 300$ with location stating Sofia, Bulgaria, which was the first one I had seen since December 2017, it was in pretty rough shape though.

The newly listed one isn't really worth it's asking price (in my opinion), and then I haven't even considered the condition, but this is up to yourself to decide. This same item however also showed up a couple of months back on ebay UK with location also stating Sofia, Bulgaria (different item, but same seller as the one from march), it was listed with a price of 450£ which dropped to 350£ after a couple of weeks, but also had the "make offer" option enabled, so it could very well be that this new listing is just re-selling said item for a higher price, which is unfortunately common on ebay

As you can see, prices vary wildly with these, but given enough time, I'm sure a new good deal will pop up. That does however mean you'll need to regularly check ebay for new listings (and with regularly, I mean every couple of days, which can become a pain with the amount of items containing "wipeout" in their title (you don't want to make the search too specific, or you'll miss out on some listings))
    Hope this information is useful and you manage to snag yours!

Edit: Oh and no, this is not the one that failed the epilepsy tests, pretty much just the base game and that cool little usb card ;-)
    Last edited by Cipher; 23rd March 2019 at 01:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Been a while since I posted here, but I never could forget about that wonderful Preview Edition Zone Mode.

Is there any progress on making this available? Are we at the stage where this can be emulated? Any news would be appreciated. It's been so many years.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

We have come a long way. A retail PS3 can be jailbroken and pkg-files can be modified, installed and played with custom firmware. These are my most successful mods to date:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNXFKMbZy4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBDiRxJ-C2o

About the preview zone mode: Yes, very much playable on all 8 original tracks. I can share the pkg file originating from March 2008 preview disc. I'm not sure if the most recent PS3 firmware is hackable. I know 4.82 is.

Metropia preview zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOrJn5LTHk&t=206s
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 13th September 2019 at 03:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Gosh, that's wonderful! We really have come a long way. Hard to believe it's been ten years.

I would certainly be interested in that pkg. If I was actually able to get it up and running, I would feel like Christmas came early.