Thread: Playstation TV Nov release -Breath new life into WO 2048?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Playstation TV Nov release -Breath new life into WO 2048?

Playstation TV gets released in Aus in a week or so, at Aus$150 it seems a easy way to have all the old wipeouts that are available for download from the PStore ,available to play on the one console, on a TV screen, using a PS3/4 controller.

This will now allow WO 2048 to be played this way.

I've always found trying to play PURE & PULSE a most frustrating experience on a PSP, so I didn't bother with a VITA / 2048 as there was never a option for video out or PS3 controller mating with the VITA.

Now 2048 will be able to be played on a TV with controller, anybody else looking at finally getting and playing it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

There are a whole bunch of titles that are not supported on the Playstation TV and sadly Wipeout 2048 is one of them. It will not run unless I've missed any recent news that all Vita titles would get support on this new console. What you can do on the Playstation TV is playing Pure and Pulse on TV with a controller. Some will like that but for me personally it is not enough to buy the console. If they play good with low latency I might consider it. Let's hope that the console gets jailbreaked so we can play 2048 on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Touch screen is the problem though, but i have read (maybe even here lol, i don't remember) that a "cursor" like interface would be designed to get around that, i dunno if it's true though, even if it is, developpers still need to add support for it to their game (unless this is going to run at root level) and with Studio Liverpool gone, i dunno if that's going to happen :/

But, gotta stay positive, crossing my fingers ^^ and it might finally become a legit way to capture PS Vita stuff (if it allows it, HDCP & all that jazz >.>)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Many titles have been patched to make use of this "touch interface". This control scheme is rather tricky though and in Wipeout 2048 both front and rear touch are used frequently during the event selection screens. That and the fact that Sony closed down SL has left Wipeout 2048 on the unsupported side. It is sad...
    The PS4 controller does have a touch pad so draging the picture around should work in theory but there is still one problem, you need the "touch interface" to be able to select nodes. So a patch is needed since it is not supported for all titles directly in the system software.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 17th November 2014 at 02:35 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The latest update to the compatibility list (23.10.14) shows that 2048 is not supported

Neither is Pure for that matter

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

*falls to knees* Noooo!! I had my fingers crossed for Pure being supported.