Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I know it ain't WipEout, but you could place it somewhere between the F9000 and FX300 years and then pretend that this is the amature league.
    Btw, will FF have Zone?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

I hope the FF backstory will be vague because I have some fanfictional ideas that take place either between or after the FX400/500 leagues from WipEout like some big changes had happened after or something like that, especially since the tagline says "Next generation of AG Racing". I don't want to go too into detail since this is not the right thread to post it on.

But I rather hope for a new sequel WipEout instead which probably won't happen at some time.
    Last edited by Synergy2048; 3rd October 2014 at 06:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have an idea, a small thing but it might end up being significant (any amount of positive reinforcement is better than none). At the start of the event, the computer could say "Good Luck." And whenever you beat a personal record, it could say things like "Good job" or "Awesome" or something like that.

Also, I would suggest having an option to switch between Male, Female and "Per Team" computers (per team could be the default). Sort of like switching from Meters per Second, Miles per Hour and Kilometers per Hour (m/s could be the default).

Also, the HUD needs more yellow in it (yellow is processed by the average brain more quickly than most other colors, hence why it seems to stand out more).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You are basically asking to bring back 'Curly'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4ng6nSps

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Oh wow blackwiggle, you've got a lot of PC's on your hands! Sounds like you could just replace the GPU to beef it up a little and you'd be good to go. Most PC games, especially racers, have controller support but of course this is early days

EDIT: Also, amplificated, I think you're being needlessly harsh. I know that this comes from your love of the wipeout series and your desire for it not to be spoiled or misrepresented, or have it exploited, but whilst Formula Fusion is obviously appealing to the wipeout crowd, I don't think they're trying to copy or replicate the series. It doesn't say 'wipeout' in the title, and it's obviously going to be a different style of gameplay and presentation which includes the genre of music and visual design. These guys have set out to continue doing what they love, and make a game reminiscent of the series we all love so much and in the process will run into the challenges that such an undertaking presents, such as financial pressures and pleasing fans. For the game to retain the level of quality they're seeking, they will have to try and broaden the audience a bit and not cater exclusively to people who are picky, take their hard work for granted, and demand perfection and like yourself. I personally will love whatever they make because I can see their desire to make something different, and if it's not exactly the same as wipeout? That's fine by me, it's their own work, and they deserve to be applauded for engaging with this community as much as they have to try and getting us on-board, whilst also endeavoring to create a pretty ambitious game.
    Last edited by UnleashSonic; 3rd October 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    You are basically asking to bring back 'Curly'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4ng6nSps
    I did not hear "good luck" in there.
    And lots of wipeout games had female computer voices. Wip3out, Fusion (the weapon control system), Pure (you hear it everytime you get attacked or receive a medal), Pulse (even the announcer was female), HD (though some people have a male computer voice with their copy, for whatever reason).

Oh, another thing that I would like to see is each team having their own color for thruster trails and energy weapons and shields and whatnot. Because rule of cool.

And finally, the game needs to have some kind of reverse thrust (to get out of some tricky situations with troublesome walls) or opposite braking function (used in addition to sideshifts, if they are to be present).
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 3rd October 2014 at 03:48 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Press release on their FB page - The Designers Republic are involved

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hello MrFisty,

Sorry if the question has already been raised, but can you ensure me that an internal view is available?
    I use it for racing games ... except WipEout because the camera moves a lot during turns and Barrels Rolls made it unplayable for me... but since the camera should be a lot more stable here, I would certainly try it first.

This game could be the reason for me to buy a new PC

Thanks,

Temet

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I've been watching this thread excitedly since it was started and this game is really giving me the feeling that it could be something special. Now I know The Designers Republic are on board I'm pretty much sold, that is some really great news!

Can't believe this game is being made so close to where we live, if you guys need anyone to come and make you a cup of tea or a couple of free slaves for the day we are available at request

Thank you for keeping our hopes alive and for listening to this very special community

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

And now Cold Storage is involved on the music side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    Hello MrFisty,

Sorry if the question has already been raised, but can you ensure me that an internal view is available?
    I use it for racing games ... except WipEout because the camera moves a lot during turns and Barrels Rolls made it unplayable for me... but since the camera should be a lot more stable here, I would certainly try it first.

This game could be the reason for me to buy a new PC

Thanks,

Temet
    Hope so internal view and Oculus support...

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

man that would be absolutely nuts. I think i'd puke after a every race with oculus and internal view lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Again, I would only play Internal View if I could see tje inside of tje cockpit and maybe the nose od my ship. And by inside of the cockpit, I do not mean a sprite plastered onto the HUD, I mean something that is fully modeled and that moves indepently of the camera (even better if I could see the pilot's hands on the controls).

PSN ID
    drMannevond

I wouldn't mind an internal cockpit view and Oculus support, but the current internal view is awesome. Wipeout is all about speed, and having your eyeballs scraping the track really adds to that. Case in point:

Timezone
    GMT -6

First person view without something to indicate where your body/vehicle is in relation to the terrain is always asking for trouble though. That is why so many people do so poorly at first person shooters. And if you add going really fast to the mix, the motion sickness would like to have a word with you (some people, like me, just can't seem to get motion sick, but not everyone is that lucky). Games like Mirror's Edge (first person movement) at least have a crosshair in the center of the screen for your eyes to use as a point of reference. Again, so that you don't get sick.

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Sure, some people get motion sickness (I don't), but playing with the current internal view really isn't as hard as you make it out to be. It's easy to judge where you are and corners are way easier to line up. Granted, barrel-rolling through a mine field while boosting can get confusing, but it makes it even sweeter when you come flying out the other side in one piece.

On the topic of Slamjet Racing: More wipeout? Yay! Problem? This isn't wipeout.

Or to put it this way: I absolutely love the wipeout series of games (minus Fusion, obviously. I mean, really.. who the Hell thought it would be a good idea to have trees in the middle of the track?) to an unhealthy degree. On the other hand - I find Formula 1 to be insanely boring. Seriously - I hate it with a passion. This game looks too much like Formula 1 and too little like Wipeout. Either make a Wipeout game or a Formula 1 game, not both.

I'm honestly a little worried if the devs actually understand what makes a wipeout game click. The one that got canned when Studio Liverpool was closed down was apparently "something completely different", or something to that effect, which makes me wonder: WHY? All they needed was new tracks, shinier graphics and refined handling. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I agree with DrMan for the most part.

But then again, Hey DrMan this is ONLY CONCEPT!

My problem is if we get FURY like tracks, as have been shown as 'Audition Tracks', at least 'Graphic Wise', for F/Fusion.

I've said my piece.
    If the tracks are like that, I will consider any racing game unplayable at top speed = pointless

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

guys, the devs are ex SL (so let's trust them on this) - and as Blackwiggle said above - it's only concept... I just want barrel rolls and new tracks - the ships though, need to be more streamlined and less car looking in my opinion. They are a bit ugly. I hope the final version will be something that gets us saying "oooh" rather than "oh maaan".

For example, this: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/10/...ormula-fusion/

“I always said we’d never do another Wipeout,” said Ian Anderson, founder of The Designers Republic.
    Yep - The Designers Republic have signed up for Formula Fusion... Ok, I'd be lying if I said I was not excited! Sheeeet, can you believe this? awesome!

what is not awesome is this: http://www.fusiondatacom.com/news.formulafusion.php uber meh!
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 9th October 2014 at 12:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about the DR as well.
    They turned the original Wipeout into the New, Improved, Wipeout2097.

The Designers Republic are Demi God's to new gamers ,if not GOD's to we OLD gamers.

Hopefully the same design ethic of 2097 and it's Ilk will hold true.

We will be watching you.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

its happening.png

I guess it really is bud!

I've budgeting for the PS4 now, should be ready to purchase one in a year with all the good stuff like oculus