Thread: STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

MW IV = PC game?
    I've got 3 PC's, but PC gaming wasn't in the design brief of any of them when I built them.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    MW IV = PC game?
    I've got 3 PC's, but PC gaming wasn't in the design brief of any of them when I built them.
    Incidentally, what was in mind when you built them? Leisure? Work stuff? sorry, bit off topic. Are you going to male a PC capable of this game?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Mechwarrior IV was released in the late 90s, 2001 at the latest. Any decent computer running Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7 should work. Don't use Windows 8 though, I heard MW IV won't run on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Thanks for working on an AG racing game, i'm looking forward to see more of this project.

About the name, i prefer 'Formula fusion' over 'Slamjet Racing' ( i don't know how to translate 'Slamjet' so probably miss something though)
    And as someone said earlier, i think you should put somewhere about anti gravity.

I would really appreciate a cokpit view too.
    With F1-like design of the ships, view of the road could remain clear with a minimalist board.
    It would be also a little less agressive for the eyes than the current internal view.
    I can't play wipeout fusion to see what, but that's something i often dream of playing wipeout hd.
    There is still room to make a very fast while immersive racing game.

Wish you the best for this project, please keep going.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by UnleashSonic View Post
    Incidentally, what was in mind when you built them? Leisure? Work stuff? sorry, bit off topic. Are you going to male a PC capable of this game?
    Well the makers of Formula Fusion said they intended to first make it for PC, then console versions- seeing that the PS4 is basically the same as a PC, except using propitiatory software, I suppose a port to PS4 would be relatively painless, not sure about Xbone.

As for my PC's, I built a 2nd gen i5 based PC that I intended to use for graphics around 18 months ago, but has ended up as a general usage / internet PC.

I bought a 4th gen i5 HP laptop 2 weeks ago [Win 8.1], just so I could automate my Macro/micro photography station with Zerene stacker and a Stackshot controller, with tethered capture straight from the Nikon D800e Camera into Lightroom CC.

The PC I built a few days ago has the same software as the Laptop , plus Photoshop CC, but is a LOT more powerful, it needs to be to process the stacks of photos into one photo .... each single shot from a D800e in 14 bit RAW [it's a 36mp camera] is 35.9mb in size, multiple a average of 80 to 100 photos in a stack, that's a lot of data to process.
    So this PC has the latest 9 series MB [that will be able to take Intels next gen i chips, due for release Q2 2015] but currently has the new [5th gen] i7 4790, 32GB RAM, the latest Samsung 850pro SSD's, one for OS + Programs, another for scratch disc and a WD 2tb Black HD for storage, the graphic card doesn't need to be super powerful, so a Nvidia GT660 2GB Vram ... I installed Win 8.1 on it, which I hate, but if you use a free utility call 'Classic Shell' you can make 8.1 functions appear like XP or Win 7 at the click of a mouse, so you get the latest WIN OS without the pain.

I suppose I could easily add another SSD to put games on, and maybe upgrade the video card to make this a killer gaming rig, but playing games via a keyboard has never appealed to me ..... I've got a Logitech [PS3 like] PC game controller somewhere around the house, I bought it to use on a PC build a few years ago, but never bothered with it.

I don't know, will have to wait and see what happens with Formula Fusion in regards to game control on a PC to see if it is worth while.
    I've put off buying a PS4 because I see no point, the PS4 exclusives seem pretty uninspiring to me ... and NO wipeout, I've been quite content to stay with my PS3.
    Formula Fusion on PS4 might change that.

Timezone
    GMT -6

What I want is a remastering of EVERY WipEout game ever made (not an HD-style remake, but a heavily beefed up port) for the Vita, excluding HD and 2048 for obvious reasons. But imagine playing Pulse with the PS2 graphics, the PS Vita's screen resolution, a consistent 60 FPS, and the PSP's everything else. Or playing WipEout 2097 in the PS Vita's screen resolution (and not stretched), and with the extra songs and tracks (and Superweapons) from WipEout 64. Or playing Wip3out: SE in widescreen, with added bloom effects, and with sideshifts and BRs.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think the general story from SL was regarding a remastering of 2097, was that either some of the code had gone missing, or had been corrupted.
    Which I always found slightly strange, as there was the Euro/Aus PAL 2097 and the USA: NTSC Wipeout XL, plus the PC version versions, surely all didn't get lost/corrupted.
    As much as I would love to see it happen, I don't think it ever will, well not while Sony own the franchise at least.

As for WO3SE it would take a very big remastering effort to bring it up to scratch, basically stripping it down to the bare framework and retexturing everything, as video upscaling does nothing for it, it just makes it look very pixelated, I've tried it.

WO Fusion could be done easy enough, actually I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on Sony's game streaming service when it becomes operational.
    It actually plays well upscaled to 1080p and in 3D.

As for Pure & Pulse, they can look and play great upscaled from a PSP GO! with component video out, into a Surround sound amp with built in video upscaling.
    You can even mate a PS3 controller to the GO! to act like a mini PS3 for PSP games.
    They did make Pulse for the PS2, but it was basically a straight port, with all the bugs & glitches the PSP version had ported over as well, apparently it's pain to play on the PS2 and you have all the problems plus LONG! loading times.

I doubt Sony would bother remastering just to VITA resolution, as it would know everybody would then ask for 'Full Console' versions, so if any remastering were to be done they would probably bite the bullet and do that.
    Besides, Sony's track record of remastering / porting wipeout, if Pulse is to be taken as an example, would be penny pinching and shoddy.
    I'd rather they not do it, than if they did it badly.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 30th September 2014 at 07:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I am not talking about video upscaling, I am talking about changing the In-Game resolution. You know, like games on the PC? When you play a game on the PC and change the resplution, the game doesn't run in 320 x 240 and get upscaled to the resolution you choose, everything gets RENDERED in the resolution you choose. That is also why the widescreen in PC games doesn't just stretch the image.

And in the case of Pulse, the port was done by a third party. Hence why it sucked.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 30th September 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know what you mean, I started off replying to that, but as I re read my post I see I sort of got side tracked.

I wonder what recommended video card spec Formula Fusion will get?
    As in what would be a medium spec'd card needed to have it running well?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Oh wow blackwiggle, you've got a lot of PC's on your hands! Sounds like you could just replace the GPU to beef it up a little and you'd be good to go. Most PC games, especially racers, have controller support but of course this is early days

EDIT: Also, amplificated, I think you're being needlessly harsh. I know that this comes from your love of the wipeout series and your desire for it not to be spoiled or misrepresented, or have it exploited, but whilst Formula Fusion is obviously appealing to the wipeout crowd, I don't think they're trying to copy or replicate the series. It doesn't say 'wipeout' in the title, and it's obviously going to be a different style of gameplay and presentation which includes the genre of music and visual design. These guys have set out to continue doing what they love, and make a game reminiscent of the series we all love so much and in the process will run into the challenges that such an undertaking presents, such as financial pressures and pleasing fans. For the game to retain the level of quality they're seeking, they will have to try and broaden the audience a bit and not cater exclusively to people who are picky, take their hard work for granted, and demand perfection and like yourself. I personally will love whatever they make because I can see their desire to make something different, and if it's not exactly the same as wipeout? That's fine by me, it's their own work, and they deserve to be applauded for engaging with this community as much as they have to try and getting us on-board, whilst also endeavoring to create a pretty ambitious game.
    Last edited by UnleashSonic; 3rd October 2014 at 08:02 AM.