Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are your Wipeout 3 skills rubbish now thanks to Fusion?

I don't see why everyone is complaining abvout the physics engine in Fusion. OK it does seem a little unrealistic to have a craft suddenly change physics from aerial to ground (some jumps you go far then all of a sudden WHAM!), but then if we followed the story line of the game isn't it that the AG Craft generate their own physics? Maybe they're supposed to do that.

The change from Wipeout 2097 to Wipeout 3 was quite big for me. I've found that to be the same (though not as bad for Fusion).

I dunno about you guys but I've found that if you go straight to racing at the fastest speeds, you learn so much quicker. Learning curve in 2097 was too far for me. Odessa Keys last corner is too damned hard.

Is the dual physics engine the reason why sometimes a ship will never come down off a jump. (The physics engine never changes from ground to air??)

i miss the vertical motion in fusion - it would be better, imho, with more. but it's still a fantastic game, and well worthy of being the successor to w3.

In my opinion The two physic engine is the reason of 80% of the bugs.
    I'm less exerienced than the people that have coded Fusion but I can't help thinking it was a very bad coding choice.

I mean the loop and twisted tracks are cool, but the price is really to high... :sad:

... And I don't think that we can explain it with storyline, no more than Wo3 scrape system or Wo1 speed boost for enemy collision...

Hey, I still love this game ! :smile:

But the fact is that some things are not funny to experience, especially when you race hard for eg a record.

IMO the 'two physisc' is not really a bug (even though I agree with Ben that it can yield bugs). It's just a lack in the game design. That's why I hate that choice so much.

It's as bas as giving wheels to the crafts.
    In Rollcage, I can understand that there are two physics (1- the ground, 2- the air), but in Wipeout that's simply unbelievable.

Though, it's only visible in a small part of the game. Hopefully :smile: