Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Hey Xpand that a good ship with some anime & manga flavor, do some moe anime like Hyperdimension Neptunia, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Lucky Star skins on some of the teams on Slipstream GX. I think my plain to going well as planned.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I think the idea is to be original Kronic...

What plan? This ship has been like that since last year. I'm confused...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Take a look of Super GT in Japan they have teams that use anime and manga characters on their racing teams, but the best anime & manga racing team is Goodsmile Racing that is the division of Goodsmile Company that was formed in 2001 and Goodsmile Racing was formed in 2010 to race in Super GT in Japan that use Hatsune Miku as a mascot. Its not a plan, its just come up in my head to create a anime & manga toy company to sponsor some of the AG racing teams in Slipstream GX, I think I'm crazy doing this but I think it might work or not. Its your project Xpand not mine. I'm just an outsider that might give you folks an really good idea to think about. Here the Goodsmile Racing english website below.

http://www.goodsmileracing.com/en/
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 23rd October 2013 at 06:25 PM.

But we can't just slap anime characters onto ships, just like that. Doing that has a lot, and I mean a LOT of copyright issues that could get us in a heap of trouble. Plus it doesn't even make sense to put 21st century anime characters in something that happens 170 years from now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Yeah true, but I got that idea late at night around the early hours in the morning I understand that a futuristic racing game plus anime and manga characters might be not the best thing after all. But one day if that might happen 170 years in the future. You and I may never know if that would happen.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Here's a sponsor I made up. It's a military/weapons manufacturer based one called Armada. Got the main idea/colour scheme from Triakis.

Bare in mind, I did this within 20 mins so please don't criticize it's over simplicity

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I'll work on some futuristic fonts if that is the style you guys are going for. I obviously know the game is set in the future, but I guess I just have a different, less blocky view of it. Like I said though, if that is your style, I shall conform. I think that is really the only divide we are facing as far as style, between me, Kronic, and the dev team, is the view of the future. In my opinion variety is the spice of life, so we should harness it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

Though not part of the SSGX team, but I wonder if I can scetch concepts of each pilot for each ship/team, and maybe show them on my channel or here somehow. I notice outline concepts of pilots for each craft during ship selection in the October 2013 demo, and I thought maybe I can draw them out also in detail. If any, I just need their names, appearances/features, age, nationality, and race, then I may scetch a couple of them.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Hey DDD113 go right ahead, make a Japanese anime & manga toy company in Slipstream GX to sponsor some of the AG racing teams, I know I'm not part of the Slipstream GX team, but sometimes you need to think outside the box.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I'm back! And with new futuristic fonts. Some of you should know what this was inspired by.

Al Vaseki Technologies Logo.png

I know it shares the same colors as Serion Logistics, but personally I like it better, maybe it could serve as a replacement with a forum connection!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

That looks a lot better. But I'd say use more basic/bright colors like light blue, yellow, orange, blue, black etc. If there's one thing I've seen in WOPure, it's that there's a very limited colour palette on the sponsors and the combinations work very well with each other. But I guess I'm just blending my personal preferences a little as well lol.

EDIT: I'd also use lighter/darker colors, so nothing too generic like #FF0000. Instead I'd use, say, #CC0000 for darker and #FF4D4D for lighter. It gives that futuristic feel.
    Last edited by AGSys; 23rd October 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I only have orange and black/gray, that's pretty limited. I just don't think of Al Vaseki as bright and cheery, its like Labranth, some sponsors are just dark. Anyway, I have another one ready to go. The logo is bright on this one, but the text is still darker. I wasn't quite sure what color to go with for the text, but I finally chose one. If you think another color would work better, please let me know, as I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it yet. Here it is:

Crimson Bank Logo.png

Crimson Bank is a major banking and financial business that is a household name throughout the Americas and Europe in 2185. They backed and funded the original idea of the creation of a new AG league.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

I think the white background is what gets to me every time. Maybe add some sort of background?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Oh sure, yeah, I was just presenting the logos in their simplest form. I can sure do a background, I'll get on it right away!

Update: Better?

Crimson Bank Logo 2.png
    Last edited by DDD113; 23rd October 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Something done quickly :

Clairoptik, French glasses and visors constructor.
    Although wonderful technologicals advancees concerning eyesight, humans still have a candy eye for glasses. Be they for correcting purpose or just for fashion, humanity always had a pair in its pocket since centuries. One of the greatest companies in the world is the French Clairoptik.
    Founded in 2123 in Lyon by Norety brothers, it constantly grew to become European leader in glasses industry. Still in the hands of the Norety family, the group (still based in Lyon) extended its activty to protection visors and helmets design (for public divisions). Proof of their success, some of the best AG athletes are wearing their products.

Here's the logo :
    clairoptik light blue2.jpg
    Something very simple...
    Last edited by Mikahail; 23rd October 2013 at 10:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Ishikawa anime toy company
    Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
    Year established: 2180

Ishikawa anime toy company was formed in 2180 by Akiko Ishikawa owner of Ishikawa Racing Developments, she wanted to create a anime toy company when the other anime toy company Mt. Fuji went bankrupt in 2179. This cause a major uproar by die hard AG racing fans in Japan thinking that she was nuts to create a anime toy company and leaving the racing team that her grandfather created in the early 22nd century behind. This didn't stop Akiko to make anime toys that where popular in Japanese anime, this cause major anime companies to walk into her office begging her to create toys for their popular anime TV series in the world. When the ARC-150 amateur league was announce in 2182, Akiko jumped on the AG racing ban wagon thinking that her anime toy company could sponsor a team or two to allow the company to grow outside the walls of Japanese TV anime. It worked and teams like Solaris, Amphithere Engineering, and Helios AG Tech are now Ishikawa anime toy sponsors of the ARC-150. This made Akiko very happy that a small anime-manga toy company would sponsor the first AGRC after 12 years of the fall of AG Racing in 2170. This cause her company stocks to boost and fans of Japanese anime very happy that a company like Ishikawa anime toys would be first to do so. For Akiko her dream was coming true at last. As for Ishikawa Racing Developments itself it was sold to a private company in Japan by herself for large amount of money in a private auction in Tokyo.

Sorry I don't have a logo for the company.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 24th October 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Next, the mysterious AG development company based in Finland, Prometheus AG Research and Development. They work in all fields involving AG technology, kind of like a cooler, more respected version of G-Tech Systems (but obviously not a team ) They conduct their own private research in the far reaches of Finland, and work under contract as well, although little else is known about this mysterious company.

Prometheus AG R&D.png

PRD Logo.png
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 03:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'd change that last part to R&D, instead of the full thing, abbreviations are key things you remember from an ad
    Too much text is annoying, although it isn't that much, it feels like much, still, in the end, this is all just up to you guys though, just providing feedback where i can
    (funny how the file name has it abbreviated )

hmm, thinking about it though… anti gravity solutions sounds much better than R&D

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I might, I like it better that way if you just right it like Prometheus Research & Development, but it makes the lines in black appear more balanced in the logo with the full word. Either way, I'll be looking at and making adjustments to all of my logos, so I'll evaluate it, thanks for the input.

Edit: The reason it is R&D (and it would mostly be referred to as Prometheus Research & Development, without the AG part) is because that is the main focus of the company, R&D in their secluded buildings in the far reaches of Finland. Even if they make a breakthrough, they might not be willing to share it, and that wouldn't solve much!

Edit (again): You know, I think I will just change it to Prometheus Research & Development tomorrow, sounds and fits the best in my opinion; fewer words.
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 03:35 AM.