Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Aeralys wrote:
    More importantly Sony has no plans to release the VITA TV in the Western market. This may also reflect why some Western developed games are not supported at launch of the device.

Taken from the Sony release statement of VITA TV in the PDF I gave a link to above.

PS Vita TV will be available first in Japan prior to any other regions, on November 14, 2013, at a recommended retail price (RRP) of 9,954 yen (including tax).

Why would Sony start a worldwide advertising campaign for a product if it only intends to sell it in Japan?

I think Sony might be able to manage a system software patch that would fix any control incompatibility [whatever they might be] with some VITA games, as the system is under two years old.
    Sony must of set some control design parameters that had to be adhered to before the VITA's release, and since Studio Liverpool was SONY owned, you know that those control parameters would of be followed.

The way I see things panning out is the PS4 gets released end of Nov 2013, then VITA TV will be released to the rest of the world some time around Feb 2014, by then a system update would have been implemented that fixes any control problems.

And by March 2014 the Wipeoutzone is buzzing with people playing WO 2048, plus PURE/PULSE + DLC all on a big screen with a PS4 controller.
    All setting new records for these games, as the new PS4 controllers fixes a know dead spot in the sticks, which Sony reports will be of most benefit to RACING GAMES

Slightly OT, but still relevent to both the VITA TV and the PS4.
    The specs for HDMI 2 have finally been set, since HDMI specs can be changed in system software [you don't need to get new cables] any HDMI equipped device can have it's software written to take advantage of the new protocols, which if you look at the specs, you will see some pretty amazing stuff will be possible.

And I expect Sony to take full advantage of these new spec with both the PS4 and VITA TV.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...2-0-explained/
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th September 2013 at 11:16 PM.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying never, but as you say I certainly don't expect it'll show face here until PS4 is available globally along with DS4 Support.

Even so I'm going to hold my breath and hope as all of this is a void argument for most of us until 2048 shows up in a confirmed compatible game list.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well seeing the PS4 controllers emulate the controls on a VITA, plus more, I'm really not that worried about Sony possibly screwing this all up for we Wipeout tragic's

It would take some really Herculean effort for them to purposely stuff it up.

Did you read my last post on page two? They do have a cursor for selecting if it is touch screen specific. It ay be a bit longer to select a course, but looks like it will work now

PSN ID
    Aeralys

If it's built in a way that there's some master conversion script to translate VITA controller input from DS3/DS4, then every VITA game should work, like how emulators work on a PC and the GameCube Gameboy Player.

It still strikes me as odd, or at least suggests there's a good reason why the compatible game list even exists and does not include 2048 and Uncharted.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yes JABBERJAW I did see your previous post.

I don't know?
    I'm in a quandary

Am I becoming as RUDE as the current generation?

I could write brutal essay on the topic
    I think I might have to

Just tom make bad spelling Guood, Iff U No what I meen.
    R U ready 4 it

GEEZZ, I think a little bit of LANCE crept out.
    [Not a bad thing]
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 13th September 2013 at 07:54 PM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Well, I got Vita TV from Japan, but it doesn´t work in any way. I even cannot transfer a downloaded PSP game from the PS 3 to Vita TV or play a Vita game (that should work) due to local restriction. I guess these services will be made available when Vita TV is available here. So, I hope to be able to play at least the WO PSP games. As for 2048 I doubt they will do anything with this game since it is very unlikely to make it sell better then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! Wipeout2048 is now supported on PS Vita TV!!!!!!!

Hyyyyyyyypppeeee!!!

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Wait, what?! Really? That's awesome! I'm assuming we'd have to update the system first?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It's via a hack apparently, but there's quite a few people on places like NeoGAF reporting that 2048 works.

Hope this is true, if it is I may have to resurrect my 2048 beginners tutorial

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Yeah, i just got a tweety telling me

Here's how; http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationG..._patch_v1.html
    Come on Sony! Let us have our fun officially already!! It works, so why not *snif snif*

I might give it a go tho, hopefully they don't patch it by then >.>

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Right, but there's still no way of bypassing the stupid HDCP that I know of without buying things I can't get here, so I can't record anything off it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

A simple HDCP splitter does the job (That supports HDMI 1.3 (not the others)), i ordered mine lol, now to order a PS Vita TV when it's on sale

i bought this one; http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered.../dp/B004F9LVXC

(Funnily enough, it was cheaper for me to buy it on Amazon America than any of the european amazons..... talk about ecological footprint..)

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 25th September 2015 at 09:12 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Yep, that's the thing I can't get here, Amazon AU doesn't do anything other than books, and I'm pretty sure that it'd cost a lot to ship it here.

EDIT: Oh, it's actually not that much for shipping. Well what do you know, not everything has stupid high shipping rates.
    Last edited by Ace3000; 25th September 2015 at 09:34 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Bought a PSTV today and tried it. I can confirm that Wipeout 2048 works!!! Zooming in and out was a bit difficult to find out. Press L3 and R3 at the same time. Hold both L2 and R2 and move sticks together or apart to zoom in or out.
    I wonder what will happen with next firmware update. Will they unlock everything or patch the exploit?
    EDIT:
    The hack is supereasy!
    It is done on official firmware 3.52. You have to install an email client on your PC. Very easy. Then disable supersafe mode on Gmail. Also easy. This is done to make Gmail work on PSTV. Then just apply the hack with one mail and then edit system settings with one more mail to make all Vita games playable except those who use the front camera. This makes WO2048 run on PSTV. It is utterly f-ing amazing!!! I'm blown away!
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 25th September 2015 at 06:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

online play isn't possible, i guess? can you show a video of it beeing played on big screen, plz

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'm not sure JF, here's the tweet https://twitter.com/Staz117/status/647140992081096704
    Has a short vid

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

that looks impressive XD i need just a pstv, right? i have the cartridge and a ds3 instead of ds4 should work too, i hope.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

It does work online, he replied just now

https://twitter.com/Staz117/status/647525204479094786

And yup, ps vita, email address and controller, it's easier to control the menus with ps4 controller, but DS3 works too

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 25th September 2015 at 09:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I guess I will finally play WipEout 2048 for the first time. It's too bad that it's still through glitches that you can use the product how you want to use it. That mentality of control is horrible.

I'm sure this will be patched though, so once again if you want to retain that ability you'll have to get kicked off the network forever.