Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

Default Ps vita tv

A console vita for 100$, awesome! You can use a dualshock controller. Not all games are supported that require in game touchscreen stuff, so I'm not sure about 2048. I can't read Japanese as there is a list if you can. I'll be first in line if it works. It is also said to work with a dual shock 4, which has a touch panel

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

2048 isn't on the list unfortunately, confirmed by several others. There's quite a few other notable high profile omissions too. Shame, as if it could play 2048 I'd be all over it.

Hopes dashed . Maybe they will make an add on touchpad or something. I'm not holding my breath. Psp games will play though!

I wonder if you can use a ps vita as a controller for it?
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 9th September 2013 at 07:07 PM.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I'll probably get one of these even without 2048, it'll still be a good way of playing Pulse, Pure and other stuff on a TV and with a Dual Shock 3.

For the touch controls you would think they could have added an on screen cursor activated with an unused button like L2/R2 and L3/R3. As it can stream PS4 games eventually the Dual Shock 4's touch pad might work for touch controls.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

My immediate thought went to playing Pure on the big screen *droooooooooooooool* I'll be getting one if I can.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Could you play Pure in the US, even if it wasn't released for Vita? (it says "Play PSP games" in the trailer)

Yeah, pure and pulse should be quite awesome, and I'm still holding out hope for a firmware update for a cursor like you said for touch controls. 2048 would be so much easier to see on a big screen. I'm curious as to if you can charge your ps3 controllers through the USB port, and use the controller when it is plugged in. Also, I'm wondering if USB ps3 controllers will work.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Interesting news, thanks! PS Vita TV - it might be my mom's first console. LOL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

It would be great to play Wipeout 2048 with a Dual Shock 3 controller. Adding a cursor can't really be difficult so I'm hoping that 2048 gets a patch that makes this possible.

Wouldn't a firmware update be more likely, like r stick for the cursor and r3 for the screen tap. That would work with all games. No way a patch for 2048 will happen

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

YAY! Finally I can play Wipeout 2048.

The new VITA slim has been announced.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...ita-announced/

Plus VITA TV.
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130909c_e.pdf
    The thing I like about VITA TV is that it gives the new VITA slim the same capabilities the PSP GO! had, namely the abiltity to mate PS3 controllers to it and output video to a TV.

It also seems that VITA TV might allow recording of VITA games [Not really sure, as from my very brief read it seems at least to me inferred in the PDF above] so Hellfire, you should be happy about that !

Happy Days.

This should see the zone far more active, as most people didn't get 2048 only because they, like me, find playing any Wipeout on a handheld torture.

Here's VITA TV in action [well promo video]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoTr_-FE0U#t=29
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th September 2013 at 11:57 AM.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

As far as I understood, Wipeout 2048 was not compatable to play using Vita TV

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why is that?
    I think you just take the game card out of your vita and stick it in the VITA TV box and off you go.
    See the video above.

If it isn't compatible I think it would only be because of 2048's use of the VITA controls that differ from a PS3 controller.
    Maybe a system update will make PS4 controller compatible and all will work out as hoped.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th September 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Lets all hope for that. At this point the game would load ( probably) but you wouldn't be able to choose anything. Maybe the use of another ps vita plugged into the tv box could allow this as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just found another YouTube video about this.
    Reading the spiel in the video notes it says it will allow you to play VITA games via your PS4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=WHLj71zzwIo

All a bit confusing ATM, either way, it looks like 2048 will finally be able to played on a large screen.

EDIT: And by rights, if this gizmo allows games stored on VITA cards to be played on a big screen, then that will mean WO, PURE + DLC, PULSE + DLC and 2048 could all be played like that, as all can be stored and played on a current VITA.

I think this is as close to the Wipeout Holy Grail as we could reasonably expect, considering the age of the games.

OK, Found a explanation here.
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games...-tv-specs-news

QUOTE:
    The Vita TV micro console is essentially the guts of a PS Vita in a small box with an HDMI output. You plug it into a second TV in your home and then you can stream games and other video content from the PS4 to that screen

So, as seen in one of the videos, you put your VITA game card into the VITA TV micro console, it reads the game card, then runs it through the PS4.
    Instant backward compatibility for old PSone downloadable titles, PSP downloadable titles and VITA titles.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th September 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ID_7of9

Thanks Blackwiggle for the detailed explaination.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Nononononono.

The reason why 2048 is not playable on VITA TV is likely due to controller support. There are a few vita games that require/feature touch controls, like Uncharted, which will not be supported by VITA TV at it's launch. Also be aware that Dualshock 4 + PS4 streaming is also not available at the launch of the VITA TV, and is planned to be patched later.

My bets is that you can put the cartridge in and 2048 will display fine, but you'll be pressing accelerate and nothing will happen.

Either it was a decision by Sony or whoever calls the shots on 2048 now, that PS3 controls does not reflect/meet all the original designed controls of the game (to which I disagree).

More importantly Sony has no plans to release the VITA TV in the Western market. This may also reflect why some Western developed games are not supported at launch of the device.

See the game list here (In Japanese): http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/game/psvitalist/

AH's statement on releasing VTV outside Asia: http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...12/302940/?P=2
    Last edited by Aeralys; 12th September 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ID_7of9

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've merged Al's thread on the Vita TV from the other forum with this one, might as well keep it all in the same place

Good news!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/...ng-the-sticks/

"You are able to use touch controls with PS Vita TV after all, although it doesn’t sound like the most intuitive or natural of systems. Instead of flicking or tapping as you would on the Vita screen, you press L3 or R3 to activate a pointer, which can then be moved around.

It will be interesting to see how well this works – I can imagine that it would work brilliantly for some games, but rather poorly in others, and some games will still surely go unsupported due to stick movement instead of touch simply not being a viable option.

This comes from a FAQ on the Japanese PlayStation website, which also confirms a few other things including the transferring of save data between TV and Vita and that you’ll need a network account for video services, naturally.

Oh, and it has 1GB of memory built-in to get you going."