Thread: WipEout 2048 voted Racing game of the Year 2012 by TheSixthAxis

Default WipEout 2048 voted Racing game of the Year 2012 by TheSixthAxis

I can't stress how amazing it feels to see 2048 win.

So proud,
    proud to be a part of it, proud for the team (even more so due to closure) I actually have a tear in my eye and so, so proud of us as a community and just how much we've grown.

This is a win for us and totally deserved

Onward and upward!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/...r-2012-racing/

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Fantastic to see the game getting such recognition, especially following the events of last year. Well done!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Congrats, great achievement!

(I so want a PSVita to finally play with it)

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

This is great news! Just goes to show how it's not always the "mainstream" games that win these things. It's great to see an emphasis placed on quality in these votes.

Well done guys!

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Fantastic news, congratulations to everybody involved in 2048's development.

onlykpop is offline OMNIUM - Silver Final winner Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    onlykpop

Thats incredible! Cnt wait to get my Vita & 2048!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Awesome. Really happy 2048 got that title. It deserved it. My only hope now is to see someone bring it back to its former glory since the game was so awesome .

PSN ID
    Z-U

Hi all. I'm back. Well this was good news indeed. So glad i got the recognition it deserved.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    terakihi

Oh thats fantastic! It was well deserved.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Very good news, thanks Ami !!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I want this to mean something. Wipeout always got deserved critical acclaim in the past but that didn't stop what happened from happening. Tell me this can make a difference, because I don't believe it anymore.

I think this needs to be put into perspective.

Look at the circumstances, this is a massive boost to us a community, the team for creating something that is finally being recognized for the time, effort and more importantly passion that went into it. Studio Liverpool's final installment of WipEout - it is recognition, respect, kudos and a big FU rolled into one.

It is to be celebrated.

It is not about making a 'difference' to the future

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Darkdrium, imagine you were a developer on this game. You put your heart and soul into this, trying to make the best of new hardware and trying to do the series justice, and yet despite all this your studio is shut down and you lose your job. And yet, beyond all that, the game has been very well received across the board and has finally been properly recognised. If I were in that position I'd feel damn proud. This is not about making a difference. It is about a group of damn good people getting the recognition they deserve.

That's what this thread is all about. What happens in the future is a discussion for another day, not here.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

A nice way to start the year. Congrats!

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Its nice to see Wipeout getting some praise! Well done to everyone involved, you have done us proud

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I understand that the team and the people behind the game can feel that their work has finally been validated, and that they finally feel vindicated for their efforts. I don't want to detract from this at all. They are totally deserving of this award, as they always have been for all the games they've worked on in the past, zero exception.

But I am not a developer, I am a player. I want to play more WipEout in the future. If that doesn't happen it just makes me more sad and angry. Sad because we lose an excellent game series, and angry because everyone in this community, developers or players, has been **** on. And you know, this award is for WipEout 2048 and that's good, but what about the supposed next WipEout game they were working on? What about that? Is their hard work validated in that case? I think not, and it's a shame.

I fully stand behind this symbolical FU, but for more than WipEout 2048. I stand behind it for WipEout Pulse, WipEout HD Fury, and this next WipEout. Let's be honest, since WipEout PurE this series has only been paraded as a glorified tech demo for 3D and 1080p and 60FPS and whatever. It gets all the recognition it deserves on game reviews, but not from Sony.

In conclusion, thank god this award is for WipEout 2048, and not for Sony. Congratulations, I wish that wherever you are working at now is fully recognizing your talents.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 6th January 2013 at 12:36 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Glad to hear it! Congrats to those-artists-formerly-known-as-Studio-Liverpool!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

Finally, the series got what it deserved. A award. After all those thousands of hours. Of pushing little pixels and polygons around. Of writing many lines of code. Of the hours of testing, fixing and more testing. They got what they set out to do.

I feel good right now.

Thank you so very much. (Even though I'm not a gamer, I love this series of games.)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

For me, the one and only reason to get a Vita.

Congratulations!

A huge congratulations to everyone that took part in making, and playing this wonderful (but hard as nails) game. I'm sure it's never easy making a launch title, and yet, Studio Liverpool proved that could not only make an adequate launch title on both the PSP and Vita, but make one of the most polished, visually stunning, and enjoyable game on both systems.

Studio Liverpool went out with a bang.